(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevInBuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#277 4 years ago

Recently joined the club with a nice Big Buck Safari! Been on the lookout for a while and was glad to finally find one locally. I plan to upgrade it to World eventually but am enjoying Safari for now.

Couldn’t help myself and got it set up for streaming, here’s a recent vid with a direct feed off the monitor: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/449139076?t=786s

82254DCA-097F-4A0F-A7E2-4ABE9635125E (resized).jpeg82254DCA-097F-4A0F-A7E2-4ABE9635125E (resized).jpegA70BD706-2F57-4332-A39D-85EF7311F146 (resized).jpegA70BD706-2F57-4332-A39D-85EF7311F146 (resized).jpeg
#281 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thank you. Any good arcade forums like pinside where you can find private sellers or do you find these mainly on eBay and craigslist?

Check the KLOV forums over at https://www.arcade-museum.com/

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have one in MA I'd consider selling. It's a Pro that was upgraded to World. Computer was also upgraded with a faster CPU, RAM and SSD. It just doesn't get played enough. I'd be looking for around 2k. It is not fun to move.

Is there a guide anywhere on doing the CPU/RAM/SSD upgrades? I've built PCs before so I assume the process is pretty straightforward but am always down for tips to make life easier.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I made a bunch of posts in the beginning of the thread for info!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh#post-2802546
I also did all the upgrades to my bbh and documented them in this thread. Ask or pm if you have any questions

Excellent! Will dig back through the thread for the info. Thanks for sharing.

1 month later
#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Good news is I think it was the computer power supply. I tried another power supply and the game started to boot. It did nothing before. The power supply doesn't fit in the case, but I'm confident once the correct one ships it will be fine.
My next step is getting the SSD to work. I formatted it on my PC to NTFS, put it in the machine and ran the install. It fails after a couple minutes. I popped the HD back in my PC and it looks like it started to work, it made a bunch of partitions. I am doing this on the bench outside of the game. I have the dongles attached (pro, open season upgrade and world upgrade), but not the IO board. Do I need to have the IO board attached?
[quoted image]

I'm trying to install an SSD and just got this same message. My game has the Dell Optiplex 740 computer. Everything works fine with the standard drive but no luck with this one. Any recommendations?

#301 4 years ago

Turns out the install goes better when the power cable doesn't pop out of the SSD

#302 4 years ago

Currently restoring to the SSD from the Big Buck World DVDs

681A4565-BE55-4662-BC80-B6244B8B8F98 (resized).jpeg681A4565-BE55-4662-BC80-B6244B8B8F98 (resized).jpeg
#305 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahaha, there ya go! The game loads sooo much faster with an ssd. Man it was kind of brutal before going pro to world, safaris load times were annoying

Agreed, Safari felt like a slog. The upgrade to world plus the RAM and SSD upgrades really make a difference.

2 weeks later
#309 4 years ago

Did you check the boot order in the BIOS and make sure the HDD is in there? The BBH manual has a list of what order everything should be in.

#311 4 years ago

Yeah it's sounding like a bad HD then.

3 months later
#334 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just checking in to see if anyone knows where I can get the upgrade pack to Big Buck World for my Big Buck Safari?
Does Raw Thrills still offer something like this? I know the newer version has been available for some time but would still like to figure out a way to upgrade to world

Yep, contact Raw Thrills or a distributor like Betson or maybe KingPin Games, they should be able to hook you up.

1 week later
#362 4 years ago

I have a Safari, and only need the Safari and World dongles to make the World upgrade work.

3 years later
#1712 4 months ago

Hey all — selling my Big Buck Safari that I’ve upgraded to BBH world. Looks and plays great, and no monthly subscription fees!

Other - For Sale
“Selling my Big Buck Hunter arcade cabinet. This is a BBH Safari cabinet that I’ve fully upgraded to BBH World, which was the final release in this series, giving you the most var...”
2023-12-10
Corfu, NY
Archived after: 49 days
Viewed: 421 times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevInBuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=KevInBuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.