(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 4 years ago

Pulling the trigger on a HD panorama in January, I’m certain it’s offline, but not certain which software is installed, fingers crossed!

Has anyone tried upgrading pc hardware?
If so, what’s the possibilities with the HD?

3 weeks later
#342 4 years ago

My right gun is lagging a few minutes into play, then becomes unresponsive. Then set to leave alone while the game is still going, then picked up and works but lags until becomes unresponsive again

#365 4 years ago

I picked up my new to me BB HD Wild this weekend,
the orange gun was malfunctioning, switched USB ports, still acted up. Got a new gun, seemed to fix the issue.

I called Raw Thrills this morning, they pushed the new Terminator Delta/ New animals software back to March, the lady said there is a plan for Home Use, but did not have any info to give out other than that. She also said the software could potentially be pushed back further.

4 weeks later
#380 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
4 different models available (end of March / early April 2020)
Mini 42” online $6199
Mini 42” offline (ships with all content) $9,999
Panorama online $5499
Panorama offline (ships with all content) $9699
Upgrade Kits available (pricing coming soon)
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Wild Pack 2 - BuckZilla and Zombie Deer
Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies “Doe of the Dead”
In Case of Monsters “Lost Island”
Terminator Salvation Delta Mission
Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!
let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

I’ve got everything in my cab except the brand new content, what’s a guy to do?

1 month later
#404 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Having a think about my post above - do you think it could be the PC power supply? It appears to behaving like a reset on a pinball machine, gets to loading, then reboots and continually cycles like that. Looks like they are a 265W power supply, which maybe a little underpowered? Any ideas for a suitable replacement, easy to get in Australia?

The power supply is cheap, and non proprietary, you can just get a decent one online... might be good to do this anyway, computer power supplies can just go bad sometimes

The hard disc is signed to the machine, if the hd is bad, you will most likely have to purchase one from raw thrills

#405 4 years ago

At the moment, I have the full on commercial version of the new software, if the machine is set on freeplay, the terminator and monster island are grayed out. Placed off of freeplay in the play mechanics servers allows the full software to unlock.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

What is up with this? Is this how the home version will work? I want to order but was waiting for everything to be good to go. Any update when that will be the case?

The “non-commercial “ (as play mechanics calls it). To my knowledge is the full version of the software minus the pro online competition. Can be set on freeplay and such without loss of content I believe.

I have found if on pay to play, you can coin up thousands of dollars, and just press start when desired.

Right now, until I can finally switch to “non-Commercial “. I’m paying $0.35 every time the start button is pressed. So far in 1 month, we have pressed start 100 times.

Upside is that I can play in the online ranked tournament at my house for the time being.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How much money is it costing you to roll this option?

At this time This machine is on a package plan from the distributor that I purchased it from (he’s also my college days room mate, and a very good friend). So the monthly subscription this machine is on is bundled with 60 or so machines and is being waived at the moment. I will receive a bill from the distributor for the cut that play mechanics bills them for.

So far:
$0.35 per start button push x 100 pushes this month = $35.00.

Once the “non-commercial“ plan is in place seamlessly, I will transition to it and de-register the machine from the distributor, and register it in my name and pay $30 per month. Which seems expensive, but for the time being it will be fine. I will then lose the ability to play on the pro circuit.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How is the reloaded content? If looks awesome. Do you think it is worth the cost?

I feel like I would play terminator and monster island a few times and be done, guests will eat it up though,

My kids like terminator a lot , they’re 7 and 9.

Honestly, if I didn’t get such a great deal on this machine, I would never pay $3000 for this terminator mission and monster Island by itself

Edit: terminator wears your arm out, you are constantly pumping and shooting, because it’s shotgun based

1 week later
#414 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

That wasn't true when I was there, but times certainly could have changed.

I sure hope the hard disc isn’t signed , but this is what I was told , could have been bad info

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from DJSLYKE:

I got mine on the plan. By the way, they changed it to 39.99 a month now. If you don’t have Reloaded, you’ll have to wait until after the lockdown. They all work from home now and can’t ship the USB drive. The file size is around 42GB.

39.99! Ouch, that’s not cool

#423 3 years ago

toppers are ready to order, but not made yet.

Edit: nevermind

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have this on route? I’m wondering if the upgrade is worth it.

The terminator game makes your arm hurt, you’re pumping and shooting for a solid 20 minutes with a few short breaks. Monster island is meh and silly, I think shooting the bucks and ducks and mini games is more than fine if you’ve got the old setup

3 months later
#456 3 years ago
2B74CFAE-D90E-45A7-A9F3-D52DD1DFD4B4 (resized).png2B74CFAE-D90E-45A7-A9F3-D52DD1DFD4B4 (resized).png
2 months later
#582 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Working with Chris to settle on the right machine and am contemplating buying some games so I have off line capability
Can someone share (in order of best to worst), you favorite game packs on BBH Wild HD/Reloaded
I realize this is subjective
Include any of the new reloaded stuff you've played
How's the Duck Dynasty one?
Zombies?
Terminator?
Extra animals packs?
Thanks guys
Might be easier to also add a comment on a game pack/series that you just did not like at all - put that one into the "don't bother" category

My opinion after owning almost a year, I have it online

1. Duck dynasty
2. Extra animals
3. Everything else

Terminator is a grind, you’ll play it a few times , duck dynasty duck hunting is one of the best challenges on the machine, I think it should have come standard with the game

#595 3 years ago

My machine applied a pretty large patch yesterday when I Booted it up, the bow is still an option to play and has a “new“ tag on the “bow” selection

2 weeks later
#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I have a pano cabinet and the cabinet fan is loud af. I replaced it with a noctua silent fan as these ones plug directly via usb.
amazon.com link »
The cabinet is whisper quiet now
[quoted image]
The quiet fan has less airflow throughput but in a home environment I don’t see it causing any issues. I’ll run some temp tests later.

Any differences?

I may need to do this as well

1 week later
#643 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for that follow up. The 81 series Cooltron is not the easiest to find specs on but I finally found a sheet
It's the FD1225B12W7 model shown below and highlighted with my hand drawn arrows
This is both a high static pressure (5.1) and high CFM at 123.5
I'm not sure the cabinet creates significant static pressure, as it has 2 huge grilled air intakes right below it, so this fan probably moves even more CFM than stated
2 pin molex connector so that means no speed control from the PC, it just runs at it max RPM when on
[quoted image]

Quoted from MT45:

Based on what I discovered, here is the fan I ordered to test out
There are multiple models in the 120mm size, the quietest one rated at just 16db, but the CFM on that one is only around 50, too low IMO for this cabinet
So the one I purchased was the high speed version 120mm
Pretty high CFM at 73CFM, also low vibration mounts, 12 volts like original.
28db noise at full rpm vs the stock fan of 46db
I'll cut the supply wire and add a simple 2 pin molex connector
Will report when I get it
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I got the noctua nf-f12

I spliced in the wires to the connector and ... nothing.

The wattage needed to push the noctua is much lower than the cooltron, so I’m guessing a resistor may be needed? Can anyone verify?

Also, I stood up while working on the fan, hit my head on the monitor, hit my knee on the cooltron fan and broke it... the monitor and my head is fine.
5C02AC3A-F749-4FE8-BA01-7AB80E635D1D (resized).jpeg5C02AC3A-F749-4FE8-BA01-7AB80E635D1D (resized).jpeg75B30E4A-3060-4190-A5D1-23429BDE9D41 (resized).jpeg75B30E4A-3060-4190-A5D1-23429BDE9D41 (resized).jpeg

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I have a pano cabinet and the cabinet fan is loud af. I replaced it with a noctua silent fan as these ones plug directly via usb.
amazon.com link »
The cabinet is whisper quiet now
[quoted image]
The quiet fan has less airflow throughput but in a home environment I don’t see it causing any issues. I’ll run some temp tests later.

How have the temperature tests gone?

Where did you connect in the 5v?

1 week later
#653 3 years ago

I found these to be the winning combination, speed control and an Ac tap. Plus not using the 12v and getting the amperage becomes a non issue.

Spins up to 3000 rpm for that good ol factory fan noise.

Or slow it down for less air flow and less noise of course.

7E254EB0-004F-4C1F-A959-6C9ED63997E3 (resized).png7E254EB0-004F-4C1F-A959-6C9ED63997E3 (resized).png
1 week later
#729 3 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Monitor is ~400 so not cheap but just heard from someone that it wont work anyway

There’s got to be some arcade guys around you that would have resources to help you out. Try Facebook arcade groups for your area, reach out that way. Try calling some brick and mortar arcades and get their operators information. Operators are constantly changing parts out, Or have spare machine and monitors ready to go sometimes

4 months later
#1120 2 years ago

I’m helping an amusement outfit build up a gameroom, the owners are going to use a freeplay method on machines and charging a fee at the door ,

What is the best way to handle freeplay after purchasing a machine for this environment?

#1127 2 years ago

Best to call play mechanix to figure this out. Essentially you could run it on stock freeplay which gives you the 5 base animals and bonus courses, or you could run it in "home edition" online which means paying $39.99 a month and having access to all the games, but not being able to participate in the coin op tournaments.

Thank you!

1 month later
#1158 2 years ago

Need a little tech help possibly

When playing the game, there is lag at some points.

Most notably when A doe is shot, the game introduces lag in the graphics and the bucks are harder to shoot, the bucks look glitchy at this point almost as if the graphics card starts to lose frame rate .

Anyone else having graphical issues with their game?

#1160 2 years ago

Which game do you have? Pro, open season, hd, reloaded?
Regardless, I would start by reloading with the most current software to see if that cures it. If not, then it's time to look at the motherboard for bulging capacitors.
Does your game have a dedicated graphic card? Are the system/cpu fans all working?

I have an hd reloaded with an hp elite desk computer with a dedicated graphics card. It has a 4gb stick of ram , I have another stick of ram on order, I have temporarily turned the pc upside down and removed the side of the case and installed a faster case fan, and I turned up the power of the cabinet fan all to increase air flow.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Do you leave the unit on 24/7? If so, have you tried a power cycle?

The game gets turned on for only a few hours every other day

1 month later
#1191 2 years ago

My game just updated itself to the latest code I believe 2 days ago... I’m still experiencing lag in this way ...

Anyone that has the latest update:

Could someone please do me a favor... play the game 1 or 2 player on CASUAL, select any animal to hunt, shoot a doe, after shooting the doe watch for the other animals to lag or glitch, please let me know if you get similar results.

the animals on my game after shooting a doe immediately begin getting laggy or glitchy, they do not lag or glitch if I hit bucks or critters. This resets with each site, not an ongoing experience, but will occur each time I shoot a doe on casual.

4 months later
#1297 2 years ago

Hey guys, my machine will not boot up past this screen, I’ve done a few hard resets and I still continue to get this. Even tried to put the USB stick in to re-build and it won’t get past the screen, does anyone know what to do?

EB19A5CB-015B-4ED3-B635-7A1A9ADBA3F4 (resized).jpegEB19A5CB-015B-4ED3-B635-7A1A9ADBA3F4 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#1636 10 months ago

I’m on vacation away from my machine, can someone please confirm …. a friend tells recently me to have no pump shooting…

Shoot the gun until “reload” comes on the screen. Pull trigger quickly “6” times

It will put the current game into “no pump mode”. And you can play terminator and maybe others without pumping the whole time

#1638 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Hey everyone, Im contemplating on getting a BBH Reloaded Mini, either used but probably new just for warranty.
Thinking this will be a nice addition to the pinball collection and might be a little more popular with the wifey and eventually the daughter once she gets older.
I am still catching up in this thread but saw it mentioned several times about a discord for BBH. Can anyone send me an invite to this discord as I’d like to read more about the setup, features and overall experiences from others as this is the only real active thread I can find on BBH?
Thanks

I would like the discord link / invite as well please

5 months later
#1669 4 months ago

Thanks for posting this.
If anyone is looking to get their game online or to purchase the upgrades let us know.
New minis and panorama units are available for immediate purchase.
[email protected]

Will our online cabinets auto update with the latest software?

3 months later
#1731 32 days ago

Hey hunters. We have been authorized to make banners available for the new Buck Hunter content (caribou and The Walking Dead).
Banners are 22x68 with brass grommets in the corners.
$99.99 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.
We are looking into potentially doing other artwork so stay tunes.
https://www.kingpingames.net/product-page/big-buck-hunter-2023-banner

Can you post a photo?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.