(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 35.
#351 4 years ago

I just started getting into Big Buck Hunter big time to the point where I'm looking at buying a game. If the new version does not offer a "home" version then I really can't see buying one. If I have to pay to play at home, then what's the point of investing in the machine? I may as well just go to my local location and use theirs. I guess it might be nice for the random few people in the world that don't have access at all to a machine, but I imagine those numbers are quite low.

Makes me wonder what the final pricing is really going to come in at as well. If the individual modules are really close to $1K a pop, then there's also really no reason to buy an older used game and upgrade - the cost of the used game plus the new content will likely be as much as the brand new game fully loaded. Guess it's all speculation at this point in time...

Looking forward to seeing how everything shakes down.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I just started getting into Big Buck Hunter big time to the point where I'm looking at buying a game. If the new version does not offer a "home" version then I really can't see buying one. If I have to pay to play at home, then what's the point of investing in the machine? I may as well just go to my local location and use theirs. I guess it might be nice for the random few people in the world that don't have access at all to a machine, but I imagine those numbers are quite low.
Makes me wonder what the final pricing is really going to come in at as well. If the individual modules are really close to $1K a pop, then there's also really no reason to buy an older used game and upgrade - the cost of the used game plus the new content will likely be as much as the brand new game fully loaded. Guess it's all speculation at this point in time...
Looking forward to seeing how everything shakes down.

There is a home version and a coin op version of the HD wild available now. But ya wait to see what they announce soon. Otherwise if they keep the price up, it may be worth buying a used HD and upgrading it yourself or just a used HD Wild off an op that was updated.

#353 4 years ago

I've also been toying with the idea of picking up a BBH HD. But man, the way they do those prices is pretty nuts. Golden Tee has it right with their model. $9300 for the machine with all those add-ons feels crazy.

Raw Thrills HAS to see the value in home ownership of luxury arcade machines, right? Golden Tee, Pinball, Arcade 1UP...People have money and want to buy these things, but most of us are also aware of how far our dollar goes and want to make the most of it.

#354 4 years ago

I have a big buck HD with dynasty and zombie, would love to update to more.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya from what I remember it was.
Pro usb
Safari usb
World usb
Then the restore cd
So I told the guy what game I had, and he shipped the other 2 dongles. World did upgrade my Pro to have the extra animal deer to shoot at. If you own a pro or safari, world is a no brainer. SOO much more game. I miss mine but not the size and weight, if arcade1up does get that bbh out, I'd consider it. Or just make one off the pc version of the game.

Thanks for the info. So having a safari already, I would just need to find the World dongle to upgrade?

Not sure why Betson still couldn't do this. Probably pretty easy for them to do and still make some money off the older models still out there

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the info. So having a safari already, I would just need to find the World dongle to upgrade?
Not sure why Betson still couldn't do this. Probably pretty easy for them to do and still make some money off the older models still out there

Essentially you need the dongle (USB flash drive) and the update cd. Betson might have some, but they will most likely be out since they will be trying to get their operators into hd.

I might have a dongle, but you would still need the software (which you can get from betson for $25.00 or so).

Shoot me an email so I can remember when I'm at the office tomorrow

[email protected]

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You need the world and pro usb and world cd

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Essentially you need the dongle (USB flash drive) and the update cd. Betson might have some, but they will most likely be out since they will be trying to get their operators into hd.
I might have a dongle, but you would still need the software (which you can get from betson for $25.00 or so).
Shoot me an email so I can remember when I'm at the office tomorrow
[email protected]

Thank you. Sent you an email.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You need the world and pro usb and world cd

Technically I think you just need your orginal (pro, safari or open season) and the world. I don't think he would need to go back to pro to go up to world when it is already a safari, unless the safari was an update from the pro also, I which case you would still have the pro dongle installed.

#360 4 years ago

I have a Big Buck HD Wild what did that come with and what other packs are available for this. In March thinking of buying extra packs if at good pricing.

#361 4 years ago

Technically I think you just need your orginal (pro, safari or open season) and the world. I don't think he would need to go back to pro to go up to world when it is already a safari, unless the safari was an update from the pro also, I which case you would still have the pro dongle installed.

Huh, well I’m no expert, I just had purchased mine off a guy/op ok klov. I had a plain pro, and needed 3 dongles to make it a world. Not sure what is actually needed.

Maybe it was pro, open season and world? Not sure. Would a safari need the pro and world dongle? So three total?

#362 4 years ago

I have a Safari, and only need the Safari and World dongles to make the World upgrade work.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I have a Safari, and only need the Safari and World dongles to make the World upgrade work.

Interesting, maybe the old pro is the weird one or I had more dongles than needed. I read the instruction upgrade kit and they also only mention a world dongle.

#364 4 years ago

With my pro , I had 3. Pro, safari and world

#365 4 years ago

I picked up my new to me BB HD Wild this weekend,
the orange gun was malfunctioning, switched USB ports, still acted up. Got a new gun, seemed to fix the issue.

I called Raw Thrills this morning, they pushed the new Terminator Delta/ New animals software back to March, the lady said there is a plan for Home Use, but did not have any info to give out other than that. She also said the software could potentially be pushed back further.

#366 4 years ago

Nice looks like im waiting until this package is released I hope its not to expensive for the home market.

#367 4 years ago

Looking for a price check on an HD model with Wild and Zombie update. I am thinking of selling mine and buying a new model. If the pricing is close because the new updates are looking to be about 4K. Any thoughts on what mine would go for? Thanks

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Looking for a price check on an HD model with Wild and Zombie update. I am thinking of selling mine and buying a new model. If the pricing is close because the new updates are looking to be about 4K. Any thoughts on what mine would go for? Thanks

I've got the same set up. I'd guess the updates don't add as much value as they cost, and you'd probably end up spending a lot more money getting a new one than just getting the updates for the old one.

#369 4 years ago

Dongles are required for all older models you are upgrading from so that dongles aren't orphaned to create new games.

World has a standalone version and upgrade version. Upgrade needs a prior game, Safari or one of the bbhs. For the bbhs, if it was open season, that also has multiple flavors: standalone or upgrade. If upgrade, then it also needs pro and or online. The worst possible case was 4, world, os, online, pro, but it was long enough ago that I can't remember if I actually checked for all 4 or not (but, probably).

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Dongles are required for all older models you are upgrading from so that dongles aren't orphaned to create new games.
World has a standalone version and upgrade version. Upgrade needs a prior game, Safari or one of the bbhs. For the bbhs, if it was open season, that also has multiple flavors: standalone or upgrade. If upgrade, then it also needs pro and or online. The worst possible case was 4, world, os, online, pro, but it was long enough ago that I can't remember if I actually checked for all 4 or not (but, probably).

I called Raw Thrills/Betson yesterday to inquire if they might have World upgrade dongles still for sale. The parts guy said I’d have to talk with one of their sales guys but if they did it would likely be 2k+. I laughed and said to have them call me if they have something but asking that much for something like that is outrageous. Of course, no one there bothered to call me back.

I’ve talked with a few sales people at Betson over the past year or so when I was looking for a Safari and considering a HD newer version. Have never been impressed with the customer service skills or follow up with anyone Ive talked to there.

#371 4 years ago

I'll assume that's a generic sorry since I haven't worked for Play Mechanix in 9 years, heh.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I called Raw Thrills/Betson yesterday to inquire if they might have World upgrade dongles still for sale. The parts guy said I’d have to talk with one of their sales guys but if they did it would likely be 2k+. I laughed and said to have them call me if they have something but asking that much for something like that is outrageous. Of course, no one there bothered to call me back.
I’ve talked with a few sales people at Betson over the past year or so when I was looking for a Safari and considering a HD newer version. Have never been impressed with the customer service skills or follow up with anyone Ive talked to there. The company reps I’ve talked with have mostly come across as a bit shifty and not very straight up. Sorry, but that has been my experience.

Rawthrills is the manufacturer and they aren't really set up to sell directly to customers. Betson is a distributor but they seem to be oriented more towards operators than home users. If you don't get good service from them they try another distributor that might be more oriented towards the home market (Game Room Guys, Game exchange, etc.). I found the experience of buying the upgrades for my HD version through a distributor very straight forward but expensive. I can't speak to their support for older products.

3 weeks later
#373 4 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded

4 different models available (end of March / early April 2020)

Mini 42” online $6199
Mini 42” offline (ships with all content) $9,999
Panorama online $5499
Panorama offline (ships with all content) $9699

Upgrade Kits available (pricing coming soon)

Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Wild Pack 2 - BuckZilla and Zombie Deer
Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies “Doe of the Dead”
In Case of Monsters “Lost Island”
Terminator Salvation Delta Mission

Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!

let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.

Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

#374 4 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
Mini 42” online $6199
Panorama online $5499
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Duck Dynasty
Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!
let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

Nice post, based on the pano with content prices, the month subscription seems to be the way to go.

#375 4 years ago

I am in Australia is the pricing the same?

#376 4 years ago

just bought a world, STOKED! fuck paying subscriptions

#377 4 years ago

My kids and his mates want it on my HD Wild they pay the subscription and i play for free.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I am in Australia is the pricing the same?

Sorry, not sure.

#379 4 years ago

No worries thanks

#380 4 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
Mini 42” online $6199
Panorama online $5499
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Duck Dynasty
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

I’ve got everything in my cab except the brand new content, what’s a guy to do?

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:just bought a world, STOKED! fuck paying subscriptions

Congrats! I had a World for about a year. It was great. However, When you start hitting 44, 45 bucks in a trek consistently, it’s time to move on to new content.

#382 4 years ago

Mini 42” online $6199
Panorama online $5499

Is there any information on the Mini? What does the cabinet look like and how does it compare to the Panorama? Looks like the additional content is $3,800, is that correct? Thats really expensive and if monthly subscription is $30/month, it would take 10.5 years at $30 per month to spend the $3,800 up charge so seems like the subscription is the way to go. Does that make sense?

Thanks
Ed

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Is there any information on the Mini? What does the cabinet look like and how does it compare to the Panorama? Looks like the additional content is $3,800, is that correct? Thats really expensive and if monthly subscription is $30/month, it would take 10.5 years at $30 per month to spend the $3,800 up charge so seems like the subscription is the way to go. Does that make sense?
Thanks
Ed

here is the mini cabinet.

correct, the offline game is expensive as they are trying to get more people online.

Reloaded_Saleshseet_v2 (resized).jpgReloaded_Saleshseet_v2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#384 4 years ago

finally the video game to match the pinball
YES

72077E3C-4FA8-4B40-A603-C6AAA2F559E0 (resized).jpeg72077E3C-4FA8-4B40-A603-C6AAA2F559E0 (resized).jpeg
#385 4 years ago

Has anyone signed up for the home use online? I want to but still waiting for more info on exactly how this works and what requirements I need to make it work properly (internet speed, and additional hardware, etc)

#386 4 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
Mini 42” online $6199
Panorama online $5499
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Duck Dynasty
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

Sorry in advance if my questions are boneheaded, but I still don't quite understand 100%. Maybe you can help me out? I'm looking at buying a game for home:

Mini online for $6199 + I can add in the home plan for $29.99/month to get all content. Do I still pay additional for treks/adventures on top of that monthly subscription? If no, then am I correct in assuming that if I'm not paying to play, then my scores aren't counting towards the world rankings? If yes, how exactly does that work - - i.e if I stuff a $20 bill in the game to play, it's my game, i just open the coin door and take it back - - is there another cut that ends up having to get paid back to Raw Thrills or whoever it is?

Also, I assume the Panorama version is what the traditional/normal cabinet is called?

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone signed up for the home use online? I want to but still waiting for more info on exactly how this works and what requirements I need to make it work properly (internet speed, and additional hardware, etc)

Not yet, the sales lady said they want to release it to their operators first before focusing on the home market. It's frustrating in Canada because my distro says to contact raw thrills and RT says to contact my distro...

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I had another customer call me this morning. I have reached out to raw thrills to have someone one me and him (customer) through the entire process. I will update once we have something to update.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry in advance if my questions are boneheaded, but I still don't quite understand 100%. Maybe you can help me out? I'm looking at buying a game for home:
Mini online for $6199 + I can add in the home plan for $29.99/month to get all content. Do I still pay additional for treks/adventures on top of that monthly subscription? If no, then am I correct in assuming that if I'm not paying to play, then my scores aren't counting towards the world rankings? If yes, how exactly does that work - - i.e if I stuff a $20 bill in the game to play, it's my game, i just open the coin door and take it back - - is there another cut that ends up having to get paid back to Raw Thrills or whoever it is?
Also, I assume the Panorama version is what the traditional/normal cabinet is called?

You will not be eligible to play towards current "world rankings" on a home machine, even if it is online. This is similar to Incredible Technologies and Golden Tee. You can still play all the games, you just can't participate in the current tournaments.

The panorama version is the one where you add your own monitor (whatever size you want), whereas the 42" mini is the one that includes the monitor.

42" Mini Reloaded on the left. Includes everything you see

Panorama on the right. Includes everything EXCEPT the monitor.

Let me know if that helps.

BBHR_Cabinets (resized).pngBBHR_Cabinets (resized).png
#390 4 years ago

You will not be eligible to play towards current "world rankings" on a home machine, even if it is online. This is similar to Incredible Technologies and Golden Tee. You can still play all the games, you just can't participate in the current tournaments.
The panorama version is the one where you add your own monitor (whatever size you want), whereas the 42" mini is the one that includes the monitor.
42" Mini Reloaded on the left. Includes everything you see
Panorama on the right. Includes everything EXCEPT the monitor.
Let me know if that helps.[quoted image]

Awesome, that helps alot, thank you for answering. One last question from before - - is it safe to assume the monthly subscription of $29.99/month allows for unlimited monthly freeplay of all content?

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Awesome, that helps alot, thank you for answering. One last question from before - - is it safe to assume the monthly subscription of $29.99/month allows for unlimited monthly freeplay of all content?

as far as i know, yes.

if you are truly interested let me know and maybe we can work out a deal for one of your new games...

#392 4 years ago

I have a 60" plasma put into my Panorama it was sited i paid $4800AUD delivered i thought that was a great price. I am in Australia and want the online package is this available worldwide or just in USA. If i have to go through a local distributor so be it or can i go through someone like you Kingpingames? I may even site it as it still has note and coin mech etc.. being plasma it wont get destroyed.
IMG20200115215615 (resized).jpgIMG20200115215615 (resized).jpgIMG20200115215644 (resized).jpgIMG20200115215644 (resized).jpg

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I have a 60" plasma put into my Panorama it was sited i paid $4800AUD delivered i thought that was a great price. I am in Australia and want the online package is this available worldwide or just in USA. If i have to go through a local distributor so be it or can i go through someone like you Kingpingames? I may even site it as it still has note and coin mech etc.. being plasma it wont get destroyed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will look into this and let you know.

#394 4 years ago

Thanks i really appreciate it as the whole family love this machine and are begging me not to site it lol.

#395 4 years ago

Okay guys/gals here is what I was able to get from Raw Thrills

What we need to do is call PlayMechanix at 630-942-1070 and speak to Bert. He will walk you through the process of getting the game online.

You will want to have your serial number of the game and the Operator number on the menu screen (Bert will walk you through it).
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I was traveling this week.

Also, if you could, please let them know that KingPin Games sent you over in case they are keeping track of who is out there making deals.

as for you @noob-a-tron, Raw Thrills is currently trying to figure out the home software for Canada and Australia.

If anyone is looking for a new 42" Mini or a new panorama, please let me know.

thank you

#396 4 years ago

Mate thanks heaps for chasing that up for me i cant wait until they have something solid for us in Australia.

1 week later
#397 4 years ago

Anyone in the US sign up for the Non-commercial plan yet?

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Anyone in the US sign up for the Non-commercial plan yet?

I've called them about this. I was told it actually isn't possible to sign up yet but it will be at an undetermined date in the future. When it is available it will cost $29.98 per month.

#399 4 years ago

You should just fill out the paperwork online. It has been updated on their coin up site. (March 2020) makes references to the non commercial upgrade.

https://www.coinup.com/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1e3jV0lhqH2btrrMyTW-MXBFF1auvfwf8QZyThSSrk/edit

#400 4 years ago

What is included on the 42" Mini Reloaded when you buy it new? I realize you don’t get all the content but what content is included with the base machine purchase? Do you get both BBH and Terminator?

Very interested in buying one but don’t want to pay $4k for all the extras and would prefer not to have a monthly subscription. I already have a BBH World that I would sell to get this.

Thanks
Ed

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/8?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.