(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.
#301 4 years ago

Turns out the install goes better when the power cable doesn't pop out of the SSD

#302 4 years ago

Currently restoring to the SSD from the Big Buck World DVDs

681A4565-BE55-4662-BC80-B6244B8B8F98 (resized).jpeg681A4565-BE55-4662-BC80-B6244B8B8F98 (resized).jpeg
#303 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Turns out the install goes better when the power cable doesn't pop out of the SSD

Hahaha, there ya go! The game loads sooo much faster with an ssd. Man it was kind of brutal before going pro to world, safaris load times were annoying

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahaha, there ya go! The game loads sooo much faster with an ssd. Man it was kind of brutal before going pro to world, safaris load times were annoying

Agreed, Safari felt like a slog. The upgrade to world plus the RAM and SSD upgrades really make a difference.

#306 4 years ago

What do pros go for nowadays?

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

What do pros go for nowadays?

They "should" be around 1000-1500, but that really will depend on retail vs game owner etc and condition.

1 week later
#308 4 years ago

My neighbor has a BBH Safari, it’s having a boot issue, looking for another thought on this.

He got a new motherboard, and it’s throwing A boot issue.

The bios boots, it sees the cdrom and hdd, but it seems when the game goes to boot. It throughs an error that it can not detect boot device.

Hdd itself spins, however it could have bad blocks. I ran the bbh restore dvd and that “formatted” the drive but it literally was under 30 seconds to be done.

Thoughts?

969B8392-EA22-4B1C-8131-47F28BA4FE1A (resized).jpeg969B8392-EA22-4B1C-8131-47F28BA4FE1A (resized).jpegDAF55EDB-F5A7-447B-B9AA-89CFFD0F9FC8 (resized).jpegDAF55EDB-F5A7-447B-B9AA-89CFFD0F9FC8 (resized).jpeg
#309 4 years ago

Did you check the boot order in the BIOS and make sure the HDD is in there? The BBH manual has a list of what order everything should be in.

#310 4 years ago

Did you check the boot order in the BIOS and make sure the HDD is in there? The BBH manual has a list of what order everything should be in.

I did swap and tried having only the hdd in. Also swapped sata cables and slots, I think it’s a bad hdd but don’t have a spare handy for him to try yet. I’ll look at work

#311 4 years ago

Yeah it's sounding like a bad HD then.

#312 4 years ago

Toss an SSD in there. Short money and a huge upgrade.

3 weeks later
#313 4 years ago

#314 4 years ago

Reaching out to my contact at raw thrills to make sure you will be able to purchase for the home market.

Looks amazing!!

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Reaching out to my contact at raw thrills to make sure you will be able to purchase for the home market.
Looks amazing!!

You get BBH and terminator!!! What a kick ass update but I bet that will be a pretty penny

#316 4 years ago

damn I literally just bought another BBH for my second location.
The only thing I don't like about the new cabinet design is how close the tv is.... does that mean they are going to make the gun cables longer on the newer style cabinets?
I remember in order to buy out the duck dynasty and zombie mode it was like 2kish.
Assuming this is gonna be at least that, if not more. pretty cool though, heard that salvation game did really good for people.

#317 4 years ago

I have confirmed the update will be available for the home market. I am sure it will not be cheap but the amount of content looks to make it a completely different game.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have confirmed the update will be available for the home market. I am sure it will not be cheap but the amount of content looks to make it a completely different game.

otherwise you could put your game online and pay the monthly fee to get the content.

$40 a month (i believe) x 12 months comes to around $500 a year. The last time i updated a customers game it was around $2500 for the animals, duck dynasty and zombie hunt. that's 5 years of game play.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

otherwise you could put your game online and pay the monthly fee to get the content.
$40 a month (i believe) x 12 months comes to around $500 a year. The last time i updated a customers game it was around $2500 for the animals, duck dynasty and zombie hunt. that's 5 years of game play.

Will they let u do that in a home environment?

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Will they let u do that in a home environment?

Yes, you just can not participate in the tournaments. There are some changes coming soon (probably 4-6 weeks) that will explain things better. I'll come.and update when we're allowed.

#321 4 years ago

Yes, you just can not participate in the tournaments. There are some changes coming soon (probably 4-6 weeks) that will explain things better. I'll come.and update when we're allowed.

My contact said Jan 1st.

If you put online, how do you do that? Through a distributor?

Thanks,looking forward to your updates.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My contact said Jan 1st.
If you put online, how do you do that? Through a distributor?
Thanks,looking forward to your updates.

it will be easier to explain when things are revealed. reveal should be soon, implementation might be 01/01/2020

1 month later
#323 4 years ago

Welp, just pulled the trigger on an HD panorama (offline) Should be here next week. Looking forward to seeing if there are online options in the future as mentioned above. The offline software package was too much to justify. Super excited either way!

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Welp, just pulled the trigger on an HD panorama (offline) Should be here next week. Looking forward to seeing if there are online options in the future as mentioned above. The offline software package was too much to justify. Super excited either way!

Excellent! Post some pics when you get it set up

#325 4 years ago

it will be easier to explain when things are revealed. reveal should be soon, implementation might be 01/01/2020

Any idea when the reveal will occur...Thinking about upgrading from my BBH World to this version. Will you be selling this unit new with this upgraded software?

#326 4 years ago

Bit of a teaser. The boys are coming over this eve to help setup

C670E440-7288-43F1-84B3-94C0FDA157B1 (resized).jpegC670E440-7288-43F1-84B3-94C0FDA157B1 (resized).jpeg
#327 4 years ago

All setup! Definitely recommend the 55 inch tv on the panorama
F28D2739-0C7C-4C8E-A6C6-25892879B1F8 (resized).jpegF28D2739-0C7C-4C8E-A6C6-25892879B1F8 (resized).jpeg

#328 4 years ago

Here is what was released at IAAPA

MSRP Pricing

Big Buck HD Panorama (no monitor) $5494
Wild Pack 1 (irish elk, big horn sheep, and gemsbok) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla, zombies) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)

Premium Content

Duck Dynasty $624
In Case of Zombies $1249
In Case of Monsters $1249
Terminator Salvation $1249

Fully Loaded Offline Panorama (no monitor) (includes all kits above) $9244 (plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes)

There will be other options available in early 2020 that will talk about monthly subscriptions and pay per play options (instead of buying the kits)

#329 4 years ago

i have a BBH HD on route. anyone else use their unit on route?

are the upgrades worth it? do you buy them outright or monthly?

what % of income is coming from the CC swiper?

#330 4 years ago

Here is what was released at IAAPA
MSRP Pricing
Big Buck HD Panorama (no monitor) $5494
Wild Pack 1 (irish elk, big horn sheep, and gemsbok) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla, zombies) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)
Premium Content
Duck Dynasty $624
In Case of Zombies $1249
In Case of Monsters $1249
Terminator Salvation $1249
Fully Loaded Offline Panorama (no monitor) (includes all kits above) $9244 (plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes)
There will be other options available in early 2020 that will talk about monthly subscriptions and pay per play options (instead of buying the kits)

Damn, the software sure is pricey. I just did a 4-yr update on my Golden Tee for $449.

2 weeks later
#331 4 years ago

Pulling the trigger on a HD panorama in January, I’m certain it’s offline, but not certain which software is installed, fingers crossed!

Has anyone tried upgrading pc hardware?
If so, what’s the possibilities with the HD?

#332 4 years ago

Guys i have a BBH HD in Australia can i still get the game upgrade packs?

2 weeks later
#333 4 years ago

Just checking in to see if anyone knows where I can get the upgrade pack to Big Buck World for my Big Buck Safari?

Does Raw Thrills still offer something like this? I know the newer version has been available for some time but would still like to figure out a way to upgrade to world

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just checking in to see if anyone knows where I can get the upgrade pack to Big Buck World for my Big Buck Safari?
Does Raw Thrills still offer something like this? I know the newer version has been available for some time but would still like to figure out a way to upgrade to world

Yep, contact Raw Thrills or a distributor like Betson or maybe KingPin Games, they should be able to hook you up.

#335 4 years ago

Yep, contact Raw Thrills or a distributor like Betson or maybe KingPin Games, they should be able to hook you up.

Thanks. I'll check with Betson. For some reason I think I remember someone saying on here that they no longer support the older Safari/Pro upgrades anymore, though

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks. I'll check with Betson. For some reason I think I remember someone saying on here that they no longer support the older Safari/Pro upgrades anymore, though

I didn’t think they did, distributors also sometimes don’t have them. Usually it’s if they saved them from games they parted out. There was a user on Klov I got mine from...

#337 4 years ago

The software you could get from any number of places, probably. The thing you really need is the dongle. As I recall, they were just encoded for standalone (i.e. dedicated worlds) vs upgrade. I don't remember if the upgrades were discriminated (like needs Safari vs needs Open Season, etc.) since that was 10 years ago, so as long as you have a relevant full set (like, the single one for your Safari) you should be OK. It IS a possibility, though. It's also possible that BBH Pro was one path, and that Safari/OS were another path. Mostly just be safe with specifically what kind of World dongle you get.

#338 4 years ago

Ya from what I remember it was.
Pro usb
Safari usb
World usb

Then the restore cd

So I told the guy what game I had, and he shipped the other 2 dongles. World did upgrade my Pro to have the extra animal deer to shoot at. If you own a pro or safari, world is a no brainer. SOO much more game. I miss mine but not the size and weight, if arcade1up does get that bbh out, I'd consider it. Or just make one off the pc version of the game.

#339 4 years ago

I spoke to someone directly at Raw Thrills and they said the new buck hunter HD pricing model will be rolled out closer to March. They can’t share all of the details right now but the model is moving towards a “pay to play” model as opposed of a monthly fee. There isn’t details on how that translates to the home market but based on that it is probably easier to get your game online and have access to the current content.

They also mentioned that this new model will help drive future development of more content so it sounds like the HD platform will be around for a while.

If you guys have any other questions I can pass them on.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I spoke to someone directly at Raw Thrills and they said the new buck hunter HD pricing model will be rolled out closer to March. They can’t share all of the details right now but the model is moving towards a “pay to play” model as opposed of a monthly fee. There isn’t details on how that translates to the home market but based on that it is probably easier to get your game online and have access to the current content.
They also mentioned that this new model will help drive future development of more content so it sounds like the HD platform will be around for a while.
If you guys have any other questions I can pass them on.

The "pay to play" per game doesn't really make sense for the home market because most of us like to have our games on free play. I would ask if they would consider selling the added content for home use customers at a reduced cost and make the discounted content only available when the game is set to "free play".

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The "pay to play" per game doesn't really make sense for the home market because most of us like to have our games on free play. I would ask if they would consider selling the added content for home use customers at a reduced cost and make the discounted content only available when the game is set to "free play".

it is all being discussed. i have brought this very point up a couple of times.

#342 4 years ago

My right gun is lagging a few minutes into play, then becomes unresponsive. Then set to leave alone while the game is still going, then picked up and works but lags until becomes unresponsive again

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My right gun is lagging a few minutes into play, then becomes unresponsive. Then set to leave alone while the game is still going, then picked up and works but lags until becomes unresponsive again

Do you think the trigger still works? Or just the aiming.

Could check solder joints inside the gun, continuity of wires in the cord, or swap guns left to right and see if the problem follies to gun or player

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Try swapping usb ports and see if that helps.

#345 4 years ago

it is all being discussed. i have brought this very point up a couple of times.

I have been told as well that it is going to be pay to play. I am hoping that will not be the case, but that is what I am hearing from my contact.

#346 4 years ago

How is that bad though? You sign up with a raw thrills account and you are billed let’s say 10cents for every game that’s started for premium content. At the end of the month they send you a bill. Way better than paying up front lump sum or a monthly fee

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

How is that bad though? You sign up with a raw thrills account and you are billed let’s say 10cents for every game that’s started for premium content. At the end of the month they send you a bill. Way better than paying up front lump sum or a monthly fee

You may be right. What is the cost per play. How do you set it up. My game goes months without play sometimes. I think you may be right. This may be the better way to go. Maybe kingpin can provide some light on how that would work?

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

You may be right. What is the cost per play. How do you set it up. My game goes months without play sometimes. I think you may be right. This may be the better way to go. Maybe kingpin can provide some light on how that would work?

yeah, as soon as we have some solid information i can pass it along. i hate to speculate on pricing, terms, games, etc until Raw Thrills let's us (distributors) know.

#349 4 years ago

yeah, as soon as we have some solid information i can pass it along. i hate to speculate on pricing, terms, games, etc until Raw Thrills let's us (distributors) know.

When they do, and if that is the better direction will I be able to get set up through you? I am unfamiliar with the process. I bought my game off another pinsider and bought zombies, and wild offline in the past. I am having trouble swallowing another almost 4K. Thanks

#350 4 years ago

I wish they realized the home market was growing, and maybe they do and this is going to happen, but they could do a home version and a route version. Not a lot of home buyers want to spend $4k+ on some "dlc" but if it offered less online competition etc to make it home viable that would be nice.

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/7?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.