(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 266 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4180 (resized).jpeg
BBF15C7A-A6AC-48B3-A5FB-0B1CD9CB643A (resized).jpeg
drift bios settings (resized).jpg
00876ABC-74DC-474F-B708-D9D5206B1CAF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190424_084857 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190424_084938 (resized).jpg
IMG20190407161244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190401_220513 (resized).jpg
20190317_165001 (resized).jpg
20190317_164934 (resized).jpg
2019-03-15 21.44.22 (resized).jpg
Resized952019031195122208 (resized).jpg
Resized952019031195122221 (resized).jpg
Resized952019031195122227 (resized).jpg

There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 3 months ago

The dongles can be found if you are patient for around $100 on ebay.

#202 3 months ago

I’m in search of a Open Season dongle if anybody comes across one

#203 3 months ago

I went a little crazy and bought a populated motherboard on ebay last night. Motherboard with CPU and RAM was only $25 shipped, so if it doesn't pan out, no big deal. It was listed on the arcadecontrols.com forum as something that should be a drop in replacement. It's easily twice as good as the stock computer. I'll report back if it works.

#204 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I went a little crazy and bought a populated motherboard on ebay last night. Motherboard with CPU and RAM was only $25 shipped, so if it doesn't pan out, no big deal. It was listed on the arcadecontrols.com forum as something that should be a drop in replacement. It's easily twice as good as the stock computer. I'll report back if it works.

Nice, the world that I bought came with an aftermarket comp with an amd phenom 2 I believe, quite speedy for BH probably overkill but runs solid.

#205 3 months ago

Good news is I think it was the computer power supply. I tried another power supply and the game started to boot. It did nothing before. The power supply doesn't fit in the case, but I'm confident once the correct one ships it will be fine.

My next step is getting the SSD to work. I formatted it on my PC to NTFS, put it in the machine and ran the install. It fails after a couple minutes. I popped the HD back in my PC and it looks like it started to work, it made a bunch of partitions. I am doing this on the bench outside of the game. I have the dongles attached (pro, open season upgrade and world upgrade), but not the IO board. Do I need to have the IO board attached?

2019-03-15 21.44.22 (resized).jpg
#206 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Good news is I think it was the computer power supply. I tried another power supply and the game started to boot. It did nothing before. The power supply doesn't fit in the case, but I'm confident once the correct one ships it will be fine.
My next step is getting the SSD to work. I formatted it on my PC to NTFS, put it in the machine and ran the install. It fails after a couple minutes. I popped the HD back in my PC and it looks like it started to work, it made a bunch of partitions. I am doing this on the bench outside of the game. I have the dongles attached (pro, open season upgrade and world upgrade), but not the IO board. Do I need to have the IO board attached?
[quoted image]

I would ether blank the drive or format fat32 and then put it in the bbh pc and run the cd, let it do all the formatting etc

You’ll want everything connected like normal when doing the bbh cd software

#207 3 months ago

I finally got it running with the updated motherboard. I should have played a few games on the old hardware and timed the loading screens, but it seems much better. So far I can confirm that an ASUS M2N-MX SE works as a replacement for the harder to find original.

#208 3 months ago

I finally got my BB Safari working! It was power supply and boot up bios as we suspected.

Thank you to all of you who have offered advice and insight over the past several weeks. Would have been difficult to figure this stuff out on my own.

I would still like to upgrade it to BB World. If anyone hears of a kit or dongle that will upgrade Safari for sale, please let me know.

20190317_164934 (resized).jpg20190317_165001 (resized).jpg
#209 3 months ago

Looks like it’s in great shape. Congrats on getting it fixed!

#210 3 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Looks like it’s in great shape. Congrats on getting it fixed!

Thank you. It is in very good shape. The monitor is in good shaoe as well with no burn in (the pics don't do it justice).

#211 3 months ago

Hi i am looking at buying a big bick hunter 2 sportsman paradise . It is in good condition but needs a new hard drive. Where can i buy a hard drive for it and are they just plug in and play or is there more to it ,I am new to this so any help is appreciated thank you in advance.
Raff

#212 86 days ago

Don’t see these come up to often in California

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#213 86 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Don’t see these come up to often in California
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Nice, in Alberta we are like the Texas of Canada so a lot of older cabs come up, the newer HD’s, not so much.

#214 86 days ago

I was checking the high scores in the service menu, Caribou shows up but I dont have the option to select that when playing open season. I have BH World 1.06. Just realized i don't have the latest version. Could that be it?

Also anyone know the differences between 1.17 and previous?

1 week later
#215 78 days ago

Hey guys I picked up a bb HD. Is there any version I can update to for free (even in the same series) or is every single update paid? This is the version I'm running now. Seems like it's fairly out of date.

IMG_20190401_220513 (resized).jpg
#216 75 days ago

I picked up a BBH Pro cab the other day in nice shape but it is basically just the cab. Someone stripped most of the electronics out of it. I'm trying to piece it back together as cheaply as possible. Does anyone have one or both of the PCBs from the cab? One of them is the JAMMA interface board and the other I think is called the watchdog board.

Thanks

#217 73 days ago

Just bought thr flash card for buck hunter sports man paradise i have the 2.09 chip in put the flashcard in was just wondering where that plug that runs off the flash card gets plugged into. Any help thanksIMG20190407161244 (resized).jpg

#218 68 days ago
Quoted from brad808:

Hey guys I picked up a bb HD. Is there any version I can update to for free (even in the same series) or is every single update paid? This is the version I'm running now. Seems like it's fairly out of date.
[quoted image]

brad808, that version hasn't been updated since June of 2013! You can order a set of CDs with the latest game version for $20 from their site: https://rawthrills.com/media/software/bbhd/. Or, if you register as an operator and log in to the CoinUp site you can download them for free and burn them to CDs or a USB drive.

#219 68 days ago
Quoted from pkp_dre:

brad808, that version hasn't been updated since June of 2013! You can order a set of CDs with the latest game version for $20 from their site: https://rawthrills.com/media/software/bbhd/. Or, if you register as an operator and log in to the CoinUp site you can download them for free and burn them to CDs or a USB drive.

Doh! I just ordered the disks from raw thrills yesterday and since I had to pay international shipping and exchange rate it cost over $50! thanks for the help

#220 67 days ago
Quoted from pkp_dre:

Thanks! Added link to post #3

#221 67 days ago

I was able to update my game tonight! I assume the duck Dynasty, zombie stuff, prehistoric animals, and extra bonus rounds are paid upgrades?

#222 67 days ago
Quoted from brad808:

I was able to update my game tonight! I assume the duck Dynasty, zombie stuff, prehistoric animals, and extra bonus rounds are paid upgrades?

From my understanding, yes.

#223 67 days ago

In case anyone is interested in joining the club. My neighbor has a BBH Safari w/ bill acceptor and he is looking to trade for a pinball. In Duluth, MN. If anyone is interested just pm me and I can get pics and contact details etc.

#224 67 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

From my understanding, yes.

It looks like you miss out on a lot without being connected online. Even features that aren't listed as "premium". In this demo they have 9 animals to hunt and I only have 5 after updating to v8.50. Looks like I'm missing a bunch of bonus rounds and stuff too. Really doesn't look like I got too much extra from the update.

#225 67 days ago
Quoted from brad808:

It looks like you miss out on a lot without being connected online. Even features that aren't listed as "premium". In this demo they have 9 animals to hunt and I only have 5 after updating to v8.50. Looks like I'm missing a bunch of bonus rounds and stuff too. Really doesn't look like I got too much extra from the update.

I had some dicussions with raw thrills about this and they said look for something for the offline home market in the fall!

I am sure it will cost but I am willing to pay

1 week later
#226 55 days ago

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the correct bios settings for Buckhunter pro with Dell optiplex 580. I'm trying to replace a the old biostar with a Dell 580, I insert the restore CD, the Rawthrills screen comes up and gets ready to run the program but then it jumps to this screen attached below, I'm hoping it's a bios setting. I'm running version 1.15.. I went and bought the version 1.25 disk from Rawthrills hopping that would solve my problem, but I'm having even more trouble with that disk, I think it doesn't match my security dongle so I'm gonna stay with working on the version 1.15. Knowing that worked on the old computer. Please if anyone can give me some info, iv been stuck trying to get this running for awhile now.

Update

I installed on another computer and transferred the hard drive, the game boots but stays stuck in the buck Hunter loading screen.
IMG_20190424_084857 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190424_084938 (resized).jpg

#227 53 days ago

On my big buck hunter pro open season when I turn the power on the computer inside the machine does not automatically turn on and I would have to press the button on the front of the computer. When I do that I get to the screen in which I have to plug in a keyboard in order to boot up it reloads everything and I can start a game. When I power off it does the same thing again. I replaced the CR 2032 battery and same results. Any ideas what else it could be? Update: After staying on for a few minutes and able to play a game, it went to just the monitor screen and nothing will load now when I reboot.

00876ABC-74DC-474F-B708-D9D5206B1CAF (resized).jpeg

#228 53 days ago

There are certain bios settings that have to be set up correctly. There should be a page in the manual that gives you the correct settings. If not I will see if I can find them and post them.

#229 53 days ago

Here they are

drift bios settings (resized).jpg
#230 53 days ago

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get into the bios settings. If it was my power supply would the power supply fan come on still?

#231 53 days ago

What is the best “bang for your buck” (pun intended) BBH game?

#232 53 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get into the bios settings. If it was my power supply would the power supply fan come on still?

You can't get into the bios because it is not prompting you to hit F8 to go there? Is the system completly dead now? When my power supply died, it would not do anything, no fan, nothing.

#233 53 days ago
Quoted from action76:

You can't get into the bios because it is not prompting you to hit F8 to go there? Is the system completly dead now? When my power supply died, it would not do anything, no fan, nothing.

It does not boot up at all. I reseated all the ribbon cables inside. Maybe I should try a different battery

#234 53 days ago

Picked of a BBH Safari (i'm in Australia) the other day - the PC wasn't working, but got it sorted, however monitor was very blue, there were a few ticks coming from the back, then a loud crack. Flyback transformer on the chassis is split apart now!

Are there any old TVs or things that are a straight replacement - the local suzohapp distributor wants $750 for a monitor!!!

#235 53 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

It does not boot up at all. I reseated all the ribbon cables inside. Maybe I should try a different battery

If there is no fan, good chance it's just the power supply. I think I paid around $40 on Newegg recently for one. For less than that I found a compatible motherboard, CPU and RAM and ended up upgrading the whole thing while it was apart.

#236 52 days ago

When I power it up the computer does not come on but will come on when I press the button on the front of the computer. The fan on the power supply does work. Anything else I should look at?

#237 52 days ago
Quoted from Barkz:

What is the best “bang for your buck” (pun intended) BBH game?

Not really sure what this means but I’d say what I have, a pro cabinet with the “world” software update and dongles. Or just a bbh world cabinet

#238 52 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

When I power it up the computer does not come on but will come on when I press the button on the front of the computer. The fan on the power supply does work. Anything else I should look at?

You could visually inspect the capacitors on the motherboard for bursting or bulging however I agree that a power supply replacement is the quick and cheap way to upgrade and test your game at once

#239 50 days ago

To update, I did go in and replace the 3v battery again and I was able to get it booted up and into the bios settings and now have it working again. Odd with the battery the first time, it booted up for a little while and then stopped working but I had it running for hours yesterday without any problems.

#240 50 days ago
Quoted from brad808:

You can get upgrade codes to allow you to unlock additional hunting additional animals and zombies. These are sold by Game Room Guys for home use and offline games. I've upgraded mine to include the additional animals and Zombies which I think cost about $1700 + tax. They have different options and prices depending on what you want. When the game is online they take a cut of the coin drop so that operators are essentially renting this additional software from Raw Thrills.

#241 47 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I finally got it running with the updated motherboard. I should have played a few games on the old hardware and timed the loading screens, but it seems much better. So far I can confirm that an ASUS M2N-MX SE works as a replacement for the harder to find original.

Was the bios the same as the original? I'm looking for a replacement board and found one of this model. What proccesor did you use with it?

#242 47 days ago
Quoted from Vandall:

Was the bios the same as the original? I'm looking for a replacement board and found one of this model. What proccesor did you use with it?

I don't have the Raw Thrills splash screen anymore, just a typical BIOS boot screen. I bought it on ebay, I forget what the exact CPU was. the ad says Athlon 64 X2.

#243 42 days ago

Good thread guys and thanks to everyone who posted. I was able to get one of mine up and running.

In search of a world dongle and a pro dongle if anyone has any insight. I purchased 3 bbh at auction and was missing one for pro (gonna upgrade the open season to world if possible to find)

1 week later
#244 31 days ago

Hey guys recently picked up a bb shooters challenge and I’m l would like to reset the high scores, I can’t find a pdf manual for it and no info online that I can find. Hopefully you guys can help

1 week later
#245 24 days ago

I’ve got both now

BBF15C7A-A6AC-48B3-A5FB-0B1CD9CB643A (resized).jpeg
#246 23 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I’ve got both now[quoted image]

Great pair!

#247 22 days ago

Ok looking for some help. My game sat unplugged for many months and the battery died. I have since changed the battery. But on loading up the game it now says set current date and I have to press F10 to get the game to load. I then went and set the date but still receive the same message next time I load it. The game functions perfectly once I hit the F10.

Any idea so I don’t have to use the key board every time?

#248 21 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Ok looking for some help. My game sat unplugged for many months and the battery died. I have since changed the battery. But on loading up the game it now says set current date and I have to press F10 to get the game to load. I then went and set the date but still receive the same message next time I load it. The game functions perfectly once I hit the F10.
Any idea so I don’t have to use the key board every time?

Is the date staying saved on each boot now?

Could be a bios setting that you have to change to not stop on a error.

#249 21 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is the date staying saved on each boot now?
Could be a bios setting that you have to change to not stop on a error.

I am not super techy where would I go to have to change the bios? Thanks

#250 21 days ago

You have to take off the back of the game and plug a computer keyboard into one of the usb ports and then go into each setting that is different to the ones below and change them. The bios settings are in the manual as well.

Quoted from action76:

Here they are
[quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.00
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside