(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by KevInBuffalo
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

681A4565-BE55-4662-BC80-B6244B8B8F98 (resized).jpeg
A13E97F5-C838-48A0-8631-E5E15D0BFB55 (resized).png
A70BD706-2F57-4332-A39D-85EF7311F146 (resized).jpeg
82254DCA-097F-4A0F-A7E2-4ABE9635125E (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4180 (resized).jpeg
BBF15C7A-A6AC-48B3-A5FB-0B1CD9CB643A (resized).jpeg
drift bios settings (resized).jpg
00876ABC-74DC-474F-B708-D9D5206B1CAF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190424_084857 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190424_084938 (resized).jpg
IMG20190407161244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190401_220513 (resized).jpg
20190317_165001 (resized).jpg
20190317_164934 (resized).jpg

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I guess I got lucky with mine then, 2 1/2 years and no problems.

Once they work good, and are put in a home use, you really shouldn’t have issues! It’s nice that way.

I bought mine broken and had to do all those fixes etc. once it was up, the only issue I had was when I pulled the game out of the house, gun 1 wouldn’t start a game. Odd.

But I’d recommend a ssd hard drive for anyone. It makes the game not lag at the girl score screens, and helps loading times. You only need like a ~20-60gb hdd.

Monitor issues are the hardest/expensive part to fix. Also the scariest when you’re new to monitors

#102 1 year ago

Sure hope I got it figured out now. Should be alright considering I never got the monitor 100% since I brought it home and just kind of dealt with the quirky issues. I got in sync now so I think I'm good now. Only thing I suffered with quality on was the gun because I guess it was on its last leg and a small drunk woman was able to wreck it and it with stood some beatings on route before.. It is a world game and I don't understand the difference of upgrading it I guess I'm new to this.

3 weeks later
#103 1 year ago

I want to upgrade my screen for my big buck hunter HD. I only have like a 40 inch monitor. I am having a hard time finding approved monitors off of the raw thrills site that are still available. Looking to upgrade to 60-65 inches. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks, Mike

#104 1 year ago

Well if it is a HoU environment I would think a non commercial grade tv/monitor could be used? I wonder if there is a minimum hz and spec that you could use to just buy a consumer grade one?

1 week later
#105 1 year ago

Can any of you arcade fellows assist with a serious question?
I have been thinking of adding a BBH pro video game into the back box of my BBH Pro pinball.
What is Sure shot HD like? I am open to ALL suggestions.
My primary voltage in Australia is 230v but can step down if required.
Integration into the pinball modes might come at a later stage ( maybe )
This game gets played A lot
Thanks
Andy

IMG_0048 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#106 1 year ago

I just picked up a BBH Pro Stand up arcade game...damn that thing is heavy and was a pain in the ass getting it down the stairs to my basement! Not sure I would ever be able to get it back out!

Wanted to look into upgrading the software from BBH Pro to BBH World. Does anyone know how much the upgrade costs? Who to buy it from? and is the original PC capable of running the newer version?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ed

#107 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure MSRP on the upgrade from Pro to World is $500, it’s a software and dongle kit.

JJ @ Game Exchange of Colorado can order one for you.

1 month later
#108 1 year ago

Picked up a pro, w the world upgrade a few weeks ago. Finally got it in the basement today. We ended up taking out the screen, which helped the weight emmensely. Game runs well but the sound cuts out here and there. Something to do with the sound drivers I’m guessing. Going to do an ssd and ram upgrade shortly.

It’s a Great game. I always loved playing these things in bars.

51D2EC6A-D711-4211-BAAA-99260B6EBC0A (resized).jpeg
#109 1 year ago

Sound comes out of the PC, so just check all the connectors and cabling, then make sure the wires aren’t coming off the speaker leads.

Congrats! Fun game at parties!

1 week later
#110 11 months ago

Upgraded the stupid noisy stock cabinet fan with an ultra quiet. Just ran power from the computer mobo.

64EA0413-FCB1-435E-B706-CF0DD5E6EE5A (resized).jpegE8FC7E78-AB13-4014-B986-E4E1D6A01456 (resized).jpeg

#111 11 months ago

So I finally just went and picked up my Big Buck Hunter Pro. I delivered it off to company over a year ago, where it was supposed be be fixed. I eventually just gave up. Problem remains, I'm not great at board repair or diagnostics, but I think I can get it done quicker then that somewhere else. Looking at the monitor board I see a few things missing. Can anyone help me ID or locate the parts needed?

20180923_221001 (resized).jpg
20180923_220931 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Boat:

Picked up a pro, w the world upgrade a few weeks ago. Finally got it in the basement today. We ended up taking out the screen, which helped the weight emmensely. Game runs well but the sound cuts out here and there. Something to do with the sound drivers I’m guessing. Going to do an ssd and ram upgrade shortly.
It’s a Great game. I always loved playing these things in bars.
[quoted image]

Did your monitor work before you took it out? Any chance I could buy the working boards from it? Maybe that would be easier then me trying to fix mine.

#112 11 months ago

No, sorry to clarify: We took out the monitor to move it, the monitor works, we put it back in. I don't have any spares , sorry.

#113 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So I finally just went and picked up my Big Buck Hunter Pro. I delivered it off to company over a year ago, where it was supposed be be fixed. I eventually just gave up. Problem remains, I'm not great at board repair or diagnostics, but I think I can get it done quicker then that somewhere else. Looking at the monitor board I see a few things missing. Can anyone help me ID or locate the parts needed?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did your monitor work before you took it out? Any chance I could buy the working boards from it? Maybe that would be easier then me trying to fix mine.

What board is that? Maybe a monitor chassis? If you can find what model, there are schematics so we could find the part you are missing.

#114 11 months ago

I think Q218 is IRFS654B and D907 is just 3a 400v diode. The only place I could find them the transistor was from China. I have it on order, but does anyone have an idea on a more reliable source?

#115 11 months ago

I am looking to purchase one of the following games, but it has to be in really, really nice condition and shape, BOTH cosmetically and performance wise.

BIG BUCK WORLD (Upgrade OK)
BIG BUCK HD
BIG BUCK WILD HD

Anybody have one of these or know someone that does, who is looking to sell? If so, PLEASE message me. THANKS!

Dan

1 month later
#116 10 months ago

Can anyone help tell me what each of these dongles does? Do I need one, two, or all? Pretty sure #1 is for Pro, #2 is to upgrade the original Big Buck Hunter to Open Season, and #3 is some type of upgrade to World. I think for #3 to work it will also require either the #1 or #2 be installed (maybe both). Anyone know for sure? Also I think I might have some extras, so I'm curious about a value.

20181110_194346 (resized).jpg
20181110_194324 (resized).jpg
20181110_194424 (resized).jpg

#117 10 months ago

I know to run world you need 3. I went pro to world and it was ~$400-600 for a kit. I think the guy I got mine from labeled the usbs though

#118 10 months ago

Thanks, I think that might have to do with how you upgraded to Open Season. In your view is Safari worth it? I don't really like the idea of shooting tigers and pure trophie game.

I'm giving up on my project BBH. My plan now is to sell off the parts and put that towards a working game.

#119 10 months ago

Not sure if safari is worth the upgrade but I upgraded to open season from pro and you get twice as many animals and I think more than twice as many different critters and bonus rounds plus the big buck ladies become animated. It took me over a year though to find the dongle to upgrade to open season. It's really worth upgrading to open season if you can find a dongle.

#120 10 months ago

I think my dongle for Open Season is a stand alone. Based on the manual the "kit" version was used to upgrade from the original Buck Hunter (not Pro) directly to Open Season. Then there was also an "upgrade" version of Open Season. That took you from Pro to Open Season. Unfortunately, the manual for World is a bit less clear. It basically says you leave in our original dongle(s). So I think if I plugged in the Open Season "kit" and World dongles I'd have everything.

#121 10 months ago

Safari is totally worth it. You actually don’t shoot trophy animals much at all. The main hunts are normal “deer”, Buffalo, elk etc and there are sometimes a “big game animal” that runs by (only 1) along with the bugs or bats. It adds a whole game to the cabinet. It would be similar to the bear in the new bbh hd that comes after you.

How complete is your project? Is it missing anything? I have a hankering for another bbh...

#122 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Safari is totally worth it. You actually don’t shoot trophy animals much at all. The main hunts are normal “deer”, Buffalo, elk etc and there are sometimes a “big game animal” that runs by (only 1) along with the bugs or bats. It adds a whole game to the cabinet. It would be similar to the bear in the new bbh hd that comes after you.
How complete is your project? Is it missing anything? I have a hankering for another bbh...

I have one you can check out and play.

#123 10 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have one you can check out and play.

You selling Paul?

I got a nice project bbh I fixed and brought to world, been pondering a HD vs another project world, so I have a game at work.

#124 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You selling Paul?
I got a nice project bbh I fixed and brought to world, been pondering a HD vs another project world, so I have a game at work.

Yeah I could sell. It has all the games and critters and it's a crt model and just a plain cabinet not one of the big fancy ones. Plays and looks excellent.

1 week later
#125 9 months ago

Anyone with HD do you know how to get the new buckzilla trek? I see it is available online but don’t know how to get it on a HUO model. The trek has 3 more bonus rounds as well.

#127 9 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone with HD do you know how to get the new buckzilla trek? I see it is available online but don’t know how to get it on a HUO model. The trek has 3 more bonus rounds as well.

Hmmm, you may have to contact a local vendor/distributor or someone like betson, could probably help.

#128 9 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmmm, you may have to contact a local vendor/distributor or someone like betson, could probably help.

Yeah, you need to order the update disk and the release codes for the new animals / modes that you want.

#129 9 months ago

I don’t see buckzilla add on where can I order that?

#130 9 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have a world and would also be interested in where these upgrades are available and how to install them

#131 9 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Quoted from per3per3:

I have a world and would also be interested in where these upgrades are available and how to install them

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yeah, you need to order the update disk and the release codes for the new animals / modes that you want.

Quoted from northvibe:

You will need to contact your local or favorite distributor to order that stuff. I think Betson also does this but you need an account with them.

#132 9 months ago

I contacted Play Mechanix/Raw Thrills directly and the Buckzilla content at this time is for online only at this time. I told them I would be willing to buy add on and they said they would possibly work on it.

#133 9 months ago

you can not update the world any further that where you are.

the buckzilla updates are for the HD versions

Quoted from per3per3:

#134 9 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you can not update the world any further that where you are.
the buckzilla updates are for the HD versions

I appreciate the info...good to know.

4 weeks later
#135 8 months ago

Looking for BBH World dongle. Had one stolen. Anybody have one to sell? Thanks

2 weeks later
#136 8 months ago

My orange gun was super flaky, ended up replacing the opto assembly and it’s working great now.

Part # from Betson:
IMP__47-4458-BV6

They pwned me on shipping to Canada though

#137 8 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

They pwned me on shipping to Canada though

I hear ya, our USPS rates are going up across the board Jan 27th.

#138 8 months ago

My game is having a tough time turning on. When I flip the switch it brings up the Dell loading screen and says I have low voltage or some shit. In the past I've been able to just flip the switch on and off and it would be good to go but now when I do that my screen just has disconnected on it and my cpu and everything is running. Any ideas?

This is the older Big Buck World game btw.

#139 8 months ago

sounds like your buck hunter watchdog/ I/O board is detecting low voltage. Could be your power supply is going south. If you have a standard power supply in your pc, you could try replacing with something similar .

Is it a world or an upgraded pro? If it’s past 2010 I’d assume it has a standard PC power supply

#140 8 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

sounds like your buck hunter watchdog/ I/O board is detecting low voltage. Could be your power supply is going south. If you have a standard power supply in your pc, you could try replacing with something similar .
Is it a world or an upgraded pro? If it’s past 2010 I’d assume it has a standard PC power supply

Awesome. It's a upgraded safari.

#141 8 months ago

I'm about to kill my buck hunter, been trying to get it to work for 3 weeks now.
I've tried like a zillion things to no avail.

has anyone installed the recovery cd on a big buck hd,
1. how long does it usually take for it to get to the setup screen. after you reboot from the install
2. does the computer usually reset during that process?

my game reset's over and over again, I replaced almost everything except the I/O board, dongle and main power supply.
either it just hangs on the loading screen for hours on end, or it reset's over and over.
I'm starting to notice the only time it resets is when it starts communicating with the I/O ( when the green light starts blinking). (pretty sure something is wrong with my USB bus on the motherboard).
or the I/O is shorted, which in turn screwed up the motherboard.

#142 8 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'm about to kill my buck hunter, been trying to get it to work for 3 weeks now.
1. how long does it usually take for it to get to the setup screen. after you reboot from the install
my game reset's over and over again, I replaced almost everything except the I/O board, dongle and main power supply.
either it just hangs on the loading screen for hours on end or it reset's over and over.
I'm starting to notice the only time it resets is when it detects the I/O. (pretty sure something is wrong with my USB bus on the motherboard).

Have you replaced the hard drive?
There were a handful of original pc’s with motherboards that would have bad caps on them and would fail over time. So it could be that, but if your hdd was not replaced you could have a bad sector(s) or drive. If you open the PC up and inspect the caps, make sure none are bulging.

#143 8 months ago

I am looking for a Big Buck Hunter World or Safari. Would also consider a Big Buck HD 32” or 42”. Would like to find something in good shape, 100% working without monitor or gun issues. I live in Utah. While it would be ideal to find one in a neighboring state or Southern Cal, if anyone has something they are considering selling, please send me a pm message here.

#144 8 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

either it just hangs on the loading screen for hours on end, or it reset's over and over.
I'm starting to notice the only time it resets is when it starts communicating with the I/O ( when the green light starts blinking). (pretty sure something is wrong with my USB bus on the motherboard).

Pro. Safari, or world ? The loading screen hangs Happened to me when I was loading from a shitty image clone so I’m guessing your recovery may have not gone well. If you run the game without the dongles what happens?

#145 8 months ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Awesome. It's a upgraded safari.

Sorry didn't see this. If it has a slim dell in there then a standard power supply wouldn't work you would need the proper dell sizing.

#146 8 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Have you replaced the hard drive?
There were a handful of original pc’s with motherboards that would have bad caps on them and would fail over time. So it could be that, but if your hdd was not replaced you could have a bad sector(s) or drive. If you open the PC up and inspect the caps, make sure none are bulging.

It's an Big buck HD,
the game is still new... probably 2 years old.
I'm almost positive now that it's the I/O board. Ordered one on dec. 31, still waiting on it. Apparently they have to be programmed for the specific game, which takes 2-3 weeks and then shipped which is another week.

While waiting on it, I checked everything else
-replaced hard drive, motherboard, guns, power supply for the computer, power supply in cabinet, usb cables, power cables, video card, ram, cpu, 3 different sets of install cd's ... pretty much everything except the dongle and I/O board.

the part that bothers me is if it is the I/O, I'll have no idea why it went bad.

#147 8 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's an Big buck HD,
I'm almost positive now that it's the I/O board. Ordered one on dec. 31, still waiting on it. Apparently they have to be programmed for the specific game, which takes 2-3 weeks and then shipped which is another week.
-replaced hard drive, motherboard, guns, power supply for the computer, power supply in cabinet, usb cables, power cables, video card, ram, cpu, 3 different sets of install cd's ... pretty much everything except the dongle and I/O board.
the part that bothers me is if it is the I/O, I'll have no idea why it went bad.

IBM

Man that is some serious troubleshooting. I hope it is the I/O board, let us know. I don't have much experience with the new version.

#148 8 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's an Big buck HD,

Was it under warranty? If it wasn't on location, seems kind of bad that something like that could go bad so quickly. Particularly given how much Raw Thrills charges for those things.

#149 8 months ago

Anyone know if Raw Thrills still sells replacement computers and guns for the Big Buck Hunter Safari pre-HD arcade games? If so, any idea what they cost?

#150 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Anyone know if Raw Thrills still sells replacement computers and guns for the Big Buck Hunter Safari pre-HD arcade games? If so, any idea what they cost?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh#post-2802546

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 115.00
Boards
Little Shop Of Games
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 129.25
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
$ 28.00
There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside