(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.
#1601 1 year ago

Hey all. If twenty84 hasn't started a new tourney by this weekend, then I’ll get one going.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. If twenty84 hasn't started a new tourney by this weekend, then I’ll get one going.

I’m in. Let me know what information you need to add me. Or shoot me a message

I think ExSquid wants in as well

Side question…. What are good scores per game? All 5 sites, 3 treks… I know it changes a little with animals but just curious

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry about the late results and getting the next tournament started (I was in the Bahamas)

Here are the results for the March tournament:
1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 45582
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 43891
3 Carl Rieman 35176
4 John Robison (blimpey) 34280
5 Beau Bajza 33698
6 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 33358
7 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 30031
8 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 29245
9 Anessa Mills 29219
10 Bill Briggs 25430

I also created a new tournament for April:
Do the following to join:
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002138
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:Sorry about the late results and getting the next tournament started (I was in the Bahamas)

No sweat. Thanks for posting!

#1605 1 year ago

Ok I'm in! Really cool! nice seeing all the stats and who has best score for that site. So so cool, I emailed Raw Thrills just to see what they would say about having "sanctioned " tournaments from them for Non Commercial use people just like Golden Tee golf does for the home users. I'm not expecting to hear anything back but figured it was worth a shot.

Also what does creating a " Hunting Party" do?

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok I'm in! Really cool! nice seeing all the stats and who has best score for that site. So so cool, I emailed Raw Thrills just to see what they would say about having "sanctioned " tournaments from them for Non Commercial use people just like Golden Tee golf does for the home users. I'm not expecting to hear anything back but figured it was worth a shot.
Also what does creating a " Hunting Party" do?

I'm not sure what Golden Tee does, but on BBH there are already ways to set up tournaments as I have done. The system also allows you to have prizes, etc.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm not sure what Golden Tee does, but on BBH there are already ways to set up tournaments as I have done. The system also allows you to have prizes, etc.

https://home.goldentee.com/pages/tournaments

IT runs them, its good for people who don't " know anyone" or belong to sites like this. Its really cool.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

https://home.goldentee.com/pages/tournaments
IT runs them, its good for people who don't " know anyone" or belong to sites like this. Its really cool.

Raw Thrills does actually offer a lot of tournament options. They run tournaments that you can join and win cash prizes. That said it costs extra to play (probably needed to fund the prize pool) and isn't limited to home users. Big Buck Hunter also has a Showdown mode where you can play against real (or virtual) players in real time. To do that you have to start playing at the same time which I've organized with friends or can be done on the BBH Discord. You can also set up your own tournament (as I and others have done here) and there are a lot of options for those including having prizes.

#1609 1 year ago

Anyone with a walking dead need a pro left ramp?Brand new. $40

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

#1611 1 year ago

So I took my BBH Mini Offline version online. Mainly I wanted to try out bow hunting and be able to join tournaments and see global scores. Does the online version not allow free play? I may have made a mistake taking it online considering my version doesn't have a card reader or scanner. Was told I could order them through Betson. Regretting paying the extra money for the offline version...

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

So I took my BBH Mini Offline version online. Mainly I wanted to try out bow hunting and be able to join tournaments and see global scores. Does the online version not allow free play? I may have made a mistake taking it online considering my version doesn't have a card reader or scanner. Was told I could order them through Betson. Regretting paying the extra money for the offline version...

The online version is about $40 a month but after that most things can be played for free. The only exception is the qualifying tournaments where they still charge per play but you can win money.

1 week later
#1613 12 months ago

Has anyone replaced the fans in a reload mini? I would like to quiet this jet in my game room if possible!

#1614 12 months ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

Has anyone replaced the fans in a reload mini? I would like to quiet this jet in my game room if possible!

Mine is a Panorama but I did replace the fan with a quieter version. It has been a few years so not sure exactly what I used and the mini may be different anyway. Figure out what the size, voltage, and CFM are with the current fan (usually right on it) and then look on a web for replacements that list the sound level in dB.

#1615 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you are going to use this thread to advertise pinball parts for sale it should at least be a ramp for a Stern BBH,

Quoted from Beau2105:

Here ya go. I just replaced in mine with these. So much more quiet!!

2165537D-2112-42BD-917D-A72A324A99F6 (resized).png2165537D-2112-42BD-917D-A72A324A99F6 (resized).png
#1616 12 months ago

Big Buck Safari Arcade Game Raw Thrills for sale
$1696

I purchased this game from a home collector 8 years ago. It had been at only one location prior to that so the game is in excellent condition.

Sorry no trades, cash sale only.

0594287F-1481-48BA-BC5C-158C885D7B9E (resized).jpeg0594287F-1481-48BA-BC5C-158C885D7B9E (resized).jpegAEA18A77-3787-45F6-8A5E-0E0D3C3863CF (resized).jpegAEA18A77-3787-45F6-8A5E-0E0D3C3863CF (resized).jpegD71833A3-48A6-4B03-ACCA-635E48357892 (resized).jpegD71833A3-48A6-4B03-ACCA-635E48357892 (resized).jpeg Added 12 months ago:

Game has been sold

#1617 12 months ago
Quoted from blimpey:

If you are going to use this thread to advertise pinball parts for sale it should at least be a ramp for a Stern BBH,

[quoted image]

Perfect!! I’ll get these ordered. Thanks!!

#1618 12 months ago

100% mistake. Posted in wrong thread.

Quoted from blimpey:

[quoted image]

1 week later
#1619 11 months ago

What is a good monitor to buy for a Panorama? Thanks

#1620 11 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I'm sure others will chime in but I'm using a 50" TCL on my Golden Tee that's going to end up on my new Panorama. Solid value and good picture.

#1621 11 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

probably crazy but I have a 65 inch Samsung 4K HD and it is awesome

#1623 11 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

probably crazy but I have a 65 inch Samsung 4K HD and it is awesome

Damn! I have a 55’ and think it’s big !

#1624 11 months ago

Response time is important. Don't just blindly buy a TV. If you don't want to get into response times then at least make sure it has a game mode.

Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

#1625 11 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Response time is important. Don't just blindly buy a TV. If you don't want to get into response times then at least make sure it has a game mode.

yeah I want to make sure that it plays accurate.

#1626 11 months ago

Here are the results from the April Tournament

1 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 47045
2 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44723
3 John Robison (blimey) 33693
4 Beau Bajza (Beau2105) 31905
5 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 31390
6 Tom Kildale 29050
7 Anessa Mills 28706
8 Bill Briggs (wdbthree ) 23891

I also created a new tournament for May:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002142
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one month so it will be on your machine for one month. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

1 week later
#1627 11 months ago

Alrighty… got my big buck hunter panorama. Everything seems good it’s new and just unboxed today. It doesn’t seem like the PC is throwing a HDMI signal. I’ve tested the HDMI cables and the TV and it works just fine when I hook up a laptop to the HDMI cable and the monitor so I ruled those out. Any ideas?

The PC has two HDMI ports in the back and that doesn’t seem to do anything either.

Does anybody know if the orange and green button should light up on the front?

Just like Pinball I have reseated and seated all connections that I could find and still no dice. I’m about to call support tomorrow but thought I’d throw this out if anybody had any initial problems.

I just want to play but get no display. I can’t even get the damn guns calibrated.

#1628 11 months ago

Alright, in case anyone else has these issues mine was a Jan 13, 2023 build. Removed PC from cab, reseated graphics card, and memory card. Replaced CR 2032 battery in CPU as well and it worked after I reformatted the hard drive with the supplied USB. Hard to track down and wasn't expecting that from a NIB game because it wasn't a pin!

All is well now! These are meant for operators and the process isn't really clear while registering. It does say on coinups website to contact them for non commercial use and they can switch the account. Up and running now! Oooof!

1 week later
#1629 11 months ago

Hope someone here can help. So I have a 43" LCD in our Big Buck Hunter Reloaded that has died on me (I hooked up another small monitor too it and it came up with the game working just fine so I know its a monitor issue) Can someone tell me if I need 120 refresh rate or is 60 enough? Think 4K is needed? Any suggestions?

#1630 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hope someone here can help. So I have a 43" LCD in our Big Buck Hunter Reloaded that has died on me (I hooked up another small monitor too it and it came up with the game working just fine so I know its a monitor issue) Can someone tell me if I need 120 refresh rate or is 60 enough? Think 4K is needed? Any suggestions?

The output on the video card is only 60 Hz and 1080 p so anything beyond that is unnecessary. Any modern TV with a game mode is probably fine.

#1631 11 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The output on the video card is only 60 Hz and 1080 p so anything beyond that is unnecessary. Any modern TV with a game mode is probably fine.

Thank you so much!! very helpful

#1632 11 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One question though, would me having a bigger screen (43") still look as good without that 4k on a larger screen?

#1633 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

One question though, would me having a bigger screen (43") still look as good without that 4k on a larger screen?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but the resolution from the BBH will be 1080. I know some 4k screens do their own upscaling, I guess if this looks better or not is subjective.

#1634 10 months ago

So I need to get a new I/O Power Supply for my Big Buck Hunter Reloaded. Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

#1635 10 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I need to get a new I/O Power Supply for my Big Buck Hunter Reloaded. Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

Do you have a part number? I can get a quote if you like.

#1636 10 months ago

I’m on vacation away from my machine, can someone please confirm …. a friend tells recently me to have no pump shooting…

Shoot the gun until “reload” comes on the screen. Pull trigger quickly “6” times

It will put the current game into “no pump mode”. And you can play terminator and maybe others without pumping the whole time

#1637 10 months ago

Hey everyone, Im contemplating on getting a BBH Reloaded Mini, either used but probably new just for warranty.

Thinking this will be a nice addition to the pinball collection and might be a little more popular with the wifey and eventually the daughter once she gets older.

I am still catching up in this thread but saw it mentioned several times about a discord for BBH. Can anyone send me an invite to this discord as I’d like to read more about the setup, features and overall experiences from others as this is the only real active thread I can find on BBH?

Thanks

#1638 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Hey everyone, Im contemplating on getting a BBH Reloaded Mini, either used but probably new just for warranty.
Thinking this will be a nice addition to the pinball collection and might be a little more popular with the wifey and eventually the daughter once she gets older.
I am still catching up in this thread but saw it mentioned several times about a discord for BBH. Can anyone send me an invite to this discord as I’d like to read more about the setup, features and overall experiences from others as this is the only real active thread I can find on BBH?
Thanks

I would like the discord link / invite as well please

#1639 10 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m on vacation away from my machine, can someone please confirm …. a friend tells recently me to have no pump shooting…
Shoot the gun until “reload” comes on the screen. Pull trigger quickly “6” times
It will put the current game into “no pump mode”. And you can play terminator and maybe others without pumping the whole time

it is supposed to do this in case the pump switch stops working. i have not tried it personally though.

#1640 10 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes that does work kinda, but it’s slow, maybe a shot every 1/2 second verses you can fire probably 3x’s faster pumping till ur arm falls off, lol

#1641 10 months ago

Here are the results from May, sorry to be a few days late in posting them

1 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 45313
2 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 38678
3 John Robison (blimey) 32889
4 Beau Bajza (Beau2105) 32445
5 Bill Briggs (wdbthree) 26712
6 Anessa Mills 25293
7 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 22758
8 Tom Kildale 22444
9 Brian Olson 21033

I also created a new tournament for June that well Keep open until July 4th:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002147
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one month so it will be on your machine for one month. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

1 week later
#1642 10 months ago

Hello everyone, I'm new to the community here. I've been trying to decide between buying a new pin or BBH and have decided to go with BBH. I've also already decided that I want the online version, but am still not sure whether the mini or panorama model is right for me. I'm aware of the obvious pros and cons to both, wondering if anyone has any insight about not so obvious things that could sway my decision in either direction? It'll be going in my partially underground basement, will either need to make it down a flight of stairs or go through a window opening of approximately 54"w X 35"h.

Anyone have a recommendation on dealers to go through? I'm in the Twin Cities suburbs, looks like there are some local places I could go through or I could order online from anywhere in the country and have it shipped for free. I've had my eye on Flip N Out, they see to have better prices than most ($6495 for panorama online and $7895 for mini online).

Thanks in advance for any input. Looking forward to being more active in this community once my machine arrives!

#1643 10 months ago
Quoted from MN-Gopher:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the community here. I've been trying to decide between buying a new pin or BBH and have decided to go with BBH. I've also already decided that I want the online version, but am still not sure whether the mini or panorama model is right for me. I'm aware of the obvious pros and cons to both, wondering if anyone has any insight about not so obvious things that could sway my decision in either direction? It'll be going in my partially underground basement, will either need to make it down a flight of stairs or go through a window opening of approximately 54"w X 35"h.
Anyone have a recommendation on dealers to go through? I'm in the Twin Cities suburbs, looks like there are some local places I could go through or I could order online from anywhere in the country and have it shipped for free. I've had my eye on Flip N Out, they see to have better prices than most ($6495 for panorama online and $7895 for mini online).
Thanks in advance for any input. Looking forward to being more active in this community once my machine arrives!

The mini is nice because of it's smaller foot print. The monitor is removable with 4 bolts and two cables, then the topper is the same. After that the machines is pretty small and eaier to take down the stairs.

The panorama is great if you want to have larger than a 43" lcd. You can phycially go to about a 75". Anything larger than that would require the tv to be mounted to the wall.

We are located in the WI Dells, WI area. You could come and pick it up in person and we can show you how to take it apart for easier install into your basement. Our prices are the same as Flip n Out.

Let us know how we can assist you with this decision.

[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net

1 week later
#1644 9 months ago

Hi all, I just upgraded to 9.57 and my card reader for the player card is not registering, I can’t tell if it was because of the upgrade as I didn’t play it before I upgraded. Is anyone else having issues after the upgrade?

#1645 9 months ago
Quoted from kstelzer:

Hi all, I just upgraded to 9.57 and my card reader for the player card is not registering, I can’t tell if it was because of the upgrade as I didn’t play it before I upgraded. Is anyone else having issues after the upgrade?

I played my BBH reloaded mini last night w/ the 9.57 code. No issues for me.

#1646 9 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here are the results from May, sorry to be a few days late in posting them
1 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 45313
2 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 38678
3 John Robison (blimey) 32889
4 Beau Bajza (Beau2105) 32445
5 Bill Briggs (wdbthree) 26712
6 Anessa Mills 25293
7 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 22758
8 Tom Kildale 22444
9 Brian Olson 21033
I also created a new tournament for June that well Keep open until July 4th:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002147
A few caveats:

Man I suck! Pretty sure #9 is last place. Time to practice, practice!

#1647 9 months ago

in case anyone missed this update from Raw Thirlls

Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded is kicking off the summer season with a significant software update including several popular, player- and operator-requested new features. Available as of Sunday, June 25th, Version 9.57 will automatically download for free to all online-connected Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded machines over the next couple of days.

The most notable additions to Version 9.57 of Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded are as follows:

Casual Mode now allows players to log in to a Big Buck Hunter player account to track personal stats as well as appear on all Adventure and Hunter Hero Leaderboards. When a player signs in to their Big Buck Hunter player account in Casual Mode, the fifth site will also transition from locked to unlocked! To create a free Big Buck Hunter player account and receive a complimentary Big Buck Hunter player card, visit here. Please note Casual Mode is only available on commercial (public) machines, as noncommercial (home) machines already have access to the above features via Classic Mode.

In addition to existing Local and Worldwide Leaderboards, Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded is introducing State Leaderboards (or in the case of Canada - Province Leaderboards!).

Want to leave the decision-making to ole faithful Pappy? Players can now randomize which animal to hunt by pressing the start button during the Animal Selection screen.

If a machine detects ongoing issues with a gun, a new “gun disable” adjustment will auto-ask players to switch to the machine’s other functioning gun.
Please ensure your Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded machines are connected online and operational to receive the Version 9.57 software update, which also includes numerous other gameplay enhancements.

we do have both the online Mini and Panorama in stock and ready to ship to your door!

2 months later
#1648 7 months ago

Did anyone else qualify for the world championship? I made it in to the #22 spot and will be heading to Chicago with my wife for it. Should be a good time!

#1649 7 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did anyone else qualify for the world championship? I made it in to the #22 spot and will be heading to Chicago with my wife for it. Should be a good time!

Congrats! I feel a little bit better about you beating the pants off of me in our little monthly tournaments here. Will be rooting for ya, have a blast.

2 weeks later
#1650 6 months ago

NightTrain congrats man!!

I finished 114 I think for skill and 34 in wildcard.

Wife and I are going!! Pretty excited.

Curious how many ‘rookies’ there will be. Def a big improvement on my end from when I first started playing earlier this year. Super excited to get my ass kicked in Chicago. Haha

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.