(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.
#1551 12 months ago

Also I did see someone say something about a camera test option or QR test option in the adjustments menu. So I’m going to buy through Best Buy and spend the extra money in case I need to return it

#1552 12 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

3 months… ugh

Looks like Best Buy by me stocks 2 ‘cheap’ ones. One is $50 and appears to have a clip of some kind and the other is $30.
From what I can tell in the thread it looks like as long as it’s 1080p and can connect via usb with a long enough cord it just ‘works’.

Looking at this one

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5create-usb-hd-webcam-with-360-rotation-black/6414515.p?skuId=6414515&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=824&ref=212&loc=1&&&&&gbraid=0AAAAAD-ORIiKMFVjew4kGi9ks8Gi7zKEU&gbraid=0AAAAAD-ORIiKMFVjew4kGi9ks8Gi7zKEU&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiZqhBhCJARIsACHHEH8lSN66tqJdxke-zdXSp6pwRIwCZEPJA3pdZvtsbp2FufFd4yi-lL8aAvnwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#1554 12 months ago

I spoke with George Petro of Play Mechanix at TPF and asked about any updates for BBH. He said we can expect a release later this year that will add more animal hunts as well as another game. He wouldnt hint at what title it would be. My guess is that it would be an existing light gun game such as Aliens or Halo. Very much looking forward to new content as I canceled my subscription as there was nothing new and many of the games got old after a few plays.

#1555 12 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

I spoke with George Petro of Play Mechanix at TPF and asked about any updates for BBH. He said we can expect a release later this year that will add more animal hunts as well as another game. He wouldnt hint at what title it would be. My guess is that it would be an existing light gun game such as Aliens or Halo. Very much looking forward to new content as I canceled my subscription as there was nothing new and many of the games got old after a few plays.

I heard (loosely) that it was a Walking Dead license….more zombies. Ugh, I hope not.

#1556 12 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

That looks legit enough from what I can tell. I don’t have the model in stock. I’m looking at this one here, spending an extra $20 as I might be able to use it for another project if I want to.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-c920s-pro-1080-webcam-with-privacy-shutter-black/6321794.p?skuId=6321794

Best I could do was 4 detections. It’s blurry as hell and the camera is having a very hard time seeing the codes. Going to return mine later on today. I got the one I linked to. Using it and looking at everything else is crystal clear . But when holding the QR code up it’s just not seeing it for some reason. Ugh

17D096AD-FF38-47FA-B2B5-1610D6AD5A3E (resized).jpeg17D096AD-FF38-47FA-B2B5-1610D6AD5A3E (resized).jpeg
#1557 12 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

The rumor I have heard from a pretty reliable source is a walking dead game.

#1558 12 months ago

Aliens or halo would be awesome as I love both those titles… walking dead would I’m sure would be cool but I kind of feel zombied out

ExSquid going to hook my camera up in a minute. Which USB port did you use? Or does it even matter? Also I’m assuming I need to get into the versus area to be able to login for anything

#1559 12 months ago

I have the mini with the built in card reader. It sux detecting the QR.

Still waiting on my BBH player card.

Someone mentioned above, 3 months to get the card!! WTF, 3 months, that in itself shows a special kind of lack of attention from PlayMechanics/Raw Thrills!!

#1560 12 months ago

Can anyone clarify what screens I should be going to where it should prompt me to login?

#1561 12 months ago

If your webcam doesn’t auto focus, you have to keep the phone at a very specific distance. I don’t remember it being unusable.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Best I could do was 4 detections. It’s blurry as hell and the camera is having a very hard time seeing the codes. Going to return mine later on today. I got the one I linked to. Using it and looking at everything else is crystal clear . But when holding the QR code up it’s just not seeing it for some reason. Ugh[quoted image]

#1562 12 months ago

Unplugged cell data usb while it was off, plugged in there and turned on, camera lit up for me on the attraction screen and I saw something flash about scanning a QR code. I scanned and it logged me in.

I have officially killed my first buck on my profile. Next stop, world champion.

#1563 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If your webcam doesn’t auto focus, you have to keep the phone at a very specific distance. I don’t remember it being unusable.

Yeah no matter how much I mess with it it’s just not seeing it. No idea how it saw 4 times but since then nothing after messing with it for 40 minutes.

#1564 12 months ago

You’re in the camera test screen in the test menu?

Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah no matter how much I mess with it it’s just not seeing it. No idea how it saw 4 times but since then nothing after messing with it for 40 minutes.

#1565 12 months ago

If you’re in the test menu you can see at what distance the phone is from the camera you need to get the image to be clear and subsequently read.

#1566 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You’re in the camera test screen in the test menu?

Yeah. No matter how close or how far I put it it’s always blurry and not getting detected .

#1567 12 months ago

So I guess I’m a little confused. What exactly do I end up paying for when I scan in? Just every time I play or a certain game mode?

#1568 12 months ago

Sounds like an abnormally shitty or defective camera.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah. No matter how close or how far I put it it’s always blurry and not getting detected .

#1569 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sounds like an abnormally shitty or defective camera.

Went out and got the one Goldenbeard got and it works flawlessly ! Yes!

#1570 12 months ago

So exsquid let me know they need to activate pro mode on my machine, I emailed them today about that.

Anything else I’m missing? Just want to make sure I’m getting the most out of this machine

#1571 12 months ago

Anyone know how I can take my game offline?

I called to cancel my subscription bc I'll be too busy to play for several months. They said the game would be totally inoperable?

When I said I thought I would still be able to play with the 5 base animals, they said I had to call them to have a tech take me through taking the game offline if I still wanted to play it.

This seems unnecessarily difficult and confusing...

#1572 12 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I called to cancel my subscription bc I'll be too busy to play for several months. They said the game would be totally inoperable?
When I said I thought I would still be able to play with the 5 base animals, they said I had to call them to have a tech take me through taking the game offline if I still wanted to play it.

Try disconnecting it from the internet prior to having them take it offline and see if you can still play.

I agree with what you said, my understanding is you can still play the base game with 5 animals and it’s all local leaderboards

#1573 12 months ago

That about sums up EVERYTHING about this game for home use so far.

I’m still trying to figure how how to “ login “ with a QR code to play showdown mode but it doesn’t let me. Grrrrrr

#1574 12 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That about sums up EVERYTHING about this game for home use so far.
I’m still trying to figure how how to “ login “ with a QR code to play showdown mode but it doesn’t let me. Grrrrrr

You can’t. You need to swipe your card.

#1575 12 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You can’t. You need to swipe your card.

Smh …… ok thanks .

It’s my own fault for not investigating more about this but god damn! So I bought a camera to login in with the QR code but now I need the card for Showdown. What a waste of money on my part. Should have just waited. They really suck with letting you know what to do and what you need.

#1576 12 months ago

I don’t believe you need them to activate pro mode. I believe it’s just an option in the settings now.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So exsquid let me know they need to activate pro mode on my machine, I emailed them today about that.
Anything else I’m missing? Just want to make sure I’m getting the most out of this machine

#1577 12 months ago

The fact that you can’t login to showdown with a your QR code is insane.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Smh …… ok thanks .
It’s my own fault for not investigating more about this but god damn! So I bought a camera to login in with the QR code but now I need the card for Showdown. What a waste of money on my part. Should have just waited. They really suck with letting you know what to do and what you need.

#1578 12 months ago

Also, camera isn’t a waste of money. Your friends and people who come over won’t have a card, so they can login and stat track via their phone and camera.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Smh …… ok thanks .

#1579 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don’t believe you need them to activate pro mode. I believe it’s just an option in the settings now.

I’ll go through the menu tonight to see if I can turn it on. Right now I can’t find pro mode anywhere in the game

#1580 12 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, camera isn’t a waste of money. Your friends and people who come over won’t have a card, so they can login and stat track via their phone and camera.

True.

#1581 12 months ago

It is not difficult at all, call Bert at Play Mechanix (Google their number) he will walk you through the process. It takes about 5 mins and you are now offline with 5 animals. Be aware the all of your top scores will be erased, no Hunter Hero, no leaderboards of any kind. You will not be able to use your card and no stats will be kept.

#1582 12 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’ll go through the menu tonight to see if I can turn it on. Right now I can’t find pro mode anywhere in the game

You might have to go to the online menu and clear query cash. I think that is what it is called.

#1583 12 months ago

I forgot to mention that there is a discord group that provides a ton of help with every facet of the game r/ bigbuckhunter is the group to search for.

#1584 12 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It is not difficult at all, call Bert at Play Mechanix (Google their number) he will walk you through the process. It takes about 5 mins and you are now offline with 5 animals. Be aware that all of your top scores will be erased, no Hunter Hero, no leaderboards of any kind. You will not be able to use your card and no stats will be kept.

#1585 12 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I forgot to mention that there is a discord group that provides a ton of help with every facet of the game r/ bigbuckhunter is the group to search for.

Thank you. I’ll hit that up later tonight.

Weird to me that clearing query cache would activate pro mode but I’ll try it. When I talked to play mechanix or whichever company, they said it should be set up for me to play for money and do all the pro mode stuff. And I followed their initial instructions to get online. Just once again, weird they don’t have shit to help.

#1586 12 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Thank you. I’ll hit that up later tonight.
Weird to me that clearing query cache would activate pro mode but I’ll try it. When I talked to play mechanix or whichever company, they said it should be set up for me to play for money and do all the pro mode stuff. And I followed their initial instructions to get online. Just once again, weird they don’t have shit to help.

Whenever I have problems I just call Bert. If he doesn’t answer leave a message and he calls back very reliably.

#1587 12 months ago

BTW.. I’ve had like 3 people share that discord link and when I use it and it opens the app it tells me it’s invalid or expired. I’m not a big user of discord (and at 33 years old I feel realllllllly old) I don’t know why I can’t get in

#1588 12 months ago

I hear ya, I had my wife join it for me.

#1589 12 months ago

Link expires in 7 days:

https://discord.gg/XN3YMHMF

#1590 12 months ago

You’re the man! I’m in! Going to try not to embarrass myself in there.

#1591 12 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It is not difficult at all, call Bert at Play Mechanix (Google their number) he will walk you through the process. It takes about 5 mins and you are now offline with 5 animals. Be aware the all of your top scores will be erased, no Hunter Hero, no leaderboards of any kind. You will not be able to use your card and no stats will be kept.

So there's no local leaderboard at all?

#1592 12 months ago

So there's no local leaderboard at all?

Yes there is, but any previous scores will be erased.

#1593 12 months ago

From what I'm seeing, if you want the "online" version, it's $7,000 + $39.99/month forever. If you want the offline version it's $11,200 with $0/month in fees.

$11,200 seems pretty steep, or is it just me? Are most people doing the $39.99/month forever?

#1594 12 months ago

I mean the 8 years or whatever it is that it will take to break even on offline vs online doesn’t make sense to me from a home arcade owner. And I wanted to play online.

#1595 12 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

From what I'm seeing, if you want the "online" version, it's $7,000 + $39.99/month forever. If you want the offline version it's $11,200 with $0/month in fees.

$11,200 seems pretty steep, or is it just me? Are most people doing the $39.99/month forever?

I could be wrong, but I believe that $11,200 is if you want ALL animals and the Reloaded content. I believe you can take it offline and have just 5 animals, without the need to pay more money.

#1596 12 months ago

So im looking at my stat page on Buck Hunter World and there is an " Adventure Stats" tab. Is that when you play all 3 sites on a hunt?

#1597 12 months ago

Any news on the March tourney results? Are we staring anew tourney?

#1598 11 months ago

Got my card yesterday. It was printed March 1st so almost exactly a month to receive.

Also id like to join the tournaments with you fellas if its cool!

#1599 11 months ago

Called Beth at Play Mechanix and she was very helpful in assisting me taking my game offline. I'll probably keep it that way until at least September, as when it gets nice out, I can't justify paying $40/month to barely play the game.

#1600 11 months ago

Called Beth at Play Mechanix and she was very helpful in assisting me taking my game offline. I'll probably keep it that way until at least September, as when it gets nice out, I can't justify paying $40/month to barely play the game.

Understandable. It’s nice to know it’s an easy process!

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.