(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 35.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well was super excited to play today and this is what showed up.
Looks like it tipped over in shipping and they just picked it back up with the forks on the screen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good hell. So careless.

#1452 1 year ago

So does the minni come fully assembled?...looks wider than a pinball....just wondering how hard is it to get in the basement with a 32" door way?

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So does the minni come fully assembled?...looks wider than a pinball....just wondering how hard is it to get in the basement with a 32" door way?

Yes it comes full assembled minus the 'Big Buck Hunter' 2nd level marquee. You'll need to take off the monitor & sensor bar marquee to get it through a standard size door. Can one person do it? Yes. Should one person do it? No. Just takes some time to unbolt everything and disconnect cables, not a major undertaking.

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Quoted from JKirby:

Yes it comes full assembled minus the 'Big Buck Hunter' 2nd level marquee. You'll need to take off the monitor & sensor bar marquee to get it through a standard size door. Can one person do it? Yes. Should one person do it? No. Just takes some time to unbolt everything and disconnect cables, not a major undertaking.

Technically this is not true. The machine is 29" front to back. You can leave the marque and monitor attached if you turn the machine sideways. If you are going up or down stairs, then I would recommend taking the marquee and monitor off so you have a flat side to put the dolly against.

#1455 1 year ago

Hey guys…looking to pull the trigger on a BBH Reloaded Panorama. What size TV do y’all recommend? 65” seems huge to me…

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hey guys…looking to pull the trigger on a BBH Reloaded Panorama. What size TV do y’all recommend? 65” seems huge to me…

65 is what I am rolling with

#1457 1 year ago

The bigger the tv, the easier it is.

But latency matters a lot. You can’t (shouldn’t) buy a rando TV without knowing the response time.

Quoted from jorge5240:

65 is what I am rolling with

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Is there a reason that you want the panorama over the mini? I have the mini and really like it. That’s the one they use at the yearly tournament as well.

I’ve heard that scores have been compared from the mini to the panorama with a 65 and the scores on the mini were better. When the screen is that big, you have more area to scan and have to swing the gun further.

I have yet to say to my self that I wish I had a bigger screen on the mini. It’s perfect.

#1459 1 year ago

For me, the TV wasn't just used for BBH. I had a golden tee next to it and I used that TV to put on sports while I was playing GT.

Panoramas are great for people who want to do other things with the TV and not just use it for BBH.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there a reason that you want the panorama over the mini? I have the mini and really like it. That’s the one they use at the yearly tournament as well.
I’ve heard that scores have been compared from the mini to the panorama with a 65 and the scores on the mini were better. When the screen is that big, you have more area to scan and have to swing the gun further.
I have yet to say to my self that I wish I had a bigger screen on the mini. It’s perfect.

#1460 1 year ago

twenty84 You got results from the tournament?

Will you be running another? We should keep this train rolling!

#1461 1 year ago

Here are the tournament results. I was out of town in Mexico the last week and I see almost everyone pulled ahead of me:

1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44502
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 35374
3 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 35011
4 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 32543
5 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 32293
6 Anessa Mills 29956

I also created a new tournament for the end of the month:

Do the following to join:
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002123
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1462 1 year ago

Awesome. Thanks again for setting it up!

Now we need people’s identities. I’m Josh Mills and my wife is Anessa Mills. The wife has to get some more reps in!

How bout the rest of ya?

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Technically this is not true. The machine is 29" front to back. You can leave the marque and monitor attached if you turn the machine sideways. If you are going up or down stairs, then I would recommend taking the marquee and monitor off so you have a flat side to put the dolly against.

Can you also take the monitor and back off the Panorama version for the same reason? And how easy is it to do. I have a very narrow doorway going down into the basement.

Panorama would be the one I get when I do , its either 290 pounds or 420 pounds going up and down the stairs, Just seems easier.

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Can you also take the monitor and back off the Panorama version for the same reason? And how easy is it to do. I have a very narrow doorway going down into the basement.
Panorama would be the one I get when I do , its either 290 pounds or 420 pounds going up and down the stairs, Just seems easier.

The panorama does not come with a monitor, so there is nothing to take off from the factory. Also, the uprights that the monitor attaches to are not installed from the factory so height is about 35" or so.

Width: 31.5” Depth: 51.694”

We should have more panorama in stock by the end of the month.

Let me know if this helps.

#1465 1 year ago

The panorama does not come with a monitor, so there is nothing to take off from the factory. Also, the uprights that the monitor attaches to are not installed from the factory so height is about 35" or so.
Width: 31.5” Depth: 51.694”
We should have more panorama in stock by the end of the month.
Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How bout the rest of ya?

Patrick here! Monster score there buddy, I have some practicing to do

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome. Thanks again for setting it up!
Now we need people’s identities. I’m Josh Mills and my wife is Anessa Mills. The wife has to get some more reps in!
How bout the rest of ya?

I added the pinside usernames. One, I still don't know.

#1468 1 year ago

I always want to get in on the tourneys but haven't had the chance yet. Looks like a lot of fun

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I added the pinside usernames. One, I still don't know.

Greg here.

#1470 1 year ago

Thanks, just updated it.

#1471 1 year ago

The people who have pinballs also, would you say this is the same or kind of the same on a hand truck moving around? Wife and I have almost perfected getting the pins downstairs with barely enough clearance to do so. King pin games kindly gave me the width / depth but I was just wondering your guys experiences. Same or a little more awkward?

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The people who have pinballs also, would you say this is the same or kind of the same on a hand truck moving around? Wife and I have almost perfected getting the pins downstairs with barely enough clearance to do so. King pin games kindly gave me the width / depth but I was just wondering your guys experiences. Same or a little more awkward?

For me it was a bit more awkward because of wheels; didn’t trust its stability on my appliance dolly. Had to do things the old fashioned way: $20 a head for a couple of neighborhood high school football players to haul down to my basement. They thought it was easy money until they had to lift and rotate to navigate the 90 degree turn.

I had to take off the marquee for sure. Maybe more to get it to fit through the door. Has been a few years; hopefully someone here has more recent (and helpful) memory.

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Mine went in thru the basement door same as a NIB (in its box) pinball machine. I didn't yet have my escalera at the time (which I do now), and that would move BBH no problem.

One exception.....you will have to take the monitor off first! And it's a PITA.

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Mine went in thru the basement door same as a NIB (in its box) pinball machine. I didn't yet have my escalera at the time (which I do now), and that would move BBH no problem.
One exception.....you will have to take the monitor off first! And it's a PITA.

I would get the panorama version. Do you have to take the pin out of the box to fit through your doorway? I have to.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I would get the panorama version. Do you have to take the pin out of the box to fit through your doorway? I have to.

Nope. Pin in a box comes right thru door. And in a couple months, won’t ever be a problem again. Getting new door installed so I never have to be frustrated like that again.
49C37B1E-9962-41E0-9AD5-585E1D7522A9 (resized).jpeg49C37B1E-9962-41E0-9AD5-585E1D7522A9 (resized).jpeg

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Patrick here! Monster score there buddy, I have some practicing to do

Thanks man! I'll admit that I've been playing this game waaaayyyyy too much! I haven't really played pinball since I got it.

#1477 1 year ago

Hi everyone.

I am thinking about purchasing a "RELOADED" (Mini) version, but can NOT find the answers to my questions, so I am hoping you can help me.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how many ANIMALS there are if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?

Also, how many BONUS GAMES are there if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?

Is there an option to play BONUS GAMES only WITHOUT subscribing to the monthly service?

Lastly, is there an OPTION in the SETTINGS where you do NOT have to PUMP the GUN to SHOOT while playing a trek or bonus game?

THANK YOU to all in advance. I APPRECIATE it.

#1478 1 year ago

I don’t know all the answers to your questions but you always have to pump. If you can afford a mini cabinet you can afford the monthly subscription which is well worth it.

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

Hi everyone.
I am thinking about purchasing a "RELOADED" (Mini) version, but can NOT find the answers to my questions, so I am hoping you can help me.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how many ANIMALS there are if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?
Also, how many BONUS GAMES are there if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?
Is there an option to play BONUS GAMES only WITHOUT subscribing to the monthly service?
Lastly, is there an OPTION in the SETTINGS where you do NOT have to PUMP the GUN to SHOOT while playing a trek or bonus game?
THANK YOU to all in advance. I APPRECIATE it.

3rd column

number of animals

5 animals (Elk, Kudu, Moose, Whitetail Deer, and Wildebeest)

number of bonus games

bonus game only option

yes

option for not pump

no setting like that in the menu system
BBHr Model Guide 2022.pdfBBHr Model Guide 2022.pdf

#1480 1 year ago

3rd column
number of animals
5 animals (Elk, Kudu, Moose, Whitetail Deer, and Wildebeest)
number of bonus games
bonus game only option
yes
option for not pump
no setting like that in the menu system
[quoted image]

Chris, thank you!

#1481 1 year ago

I joined the club yesterday and the game is a blast! I also jumped on the tournament and quickly realized I need some practice lol! I’m Beau Bajza and my fiend Jack jumped on as well.

I’m a little shocked at how the graphics around the bolts were cut out. Curious if this looks normal?

1105EF84-C9A7-47F0-BE14-A90FEC634B0A (resized).jpeg1105EF84-C9A7-47F0-BE14-A90FEC634B0A (resized).jpeg137C4982-75C1-4574-91EA-D38F60477FE4 (resized).jpeg137C4982-75C1-4574-91EA-D38F60477FE4 (resized).jpeg95B44D6C-E455-43C2-8EF1-60451CAF4E99 (resized).jpeg95B44D6C-E455-43C2-8EF1-60451CAF4E99 (resized).jpeg
#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

I’m a little shocked at how the graphics around the bolts were cut out. Curious if this looks normal?

Yikes! No, that's not normal at all...

#1483 1 year ago

One thing that drives me crazy is that on the Terminator game, you have to pump everytime. It's simply not fun, and not the way that game was designed. There should be an option to turn pumping off, and unless I'm mistaken, there's not.

Is there a way to get this feedback to Raw Thrills?

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

One thing that drives me crazy is that on the Terminator game, you have to pump everytime. It's simply not fun, and not the way that game was designed. There should be an option to turn pumping off, and unless I'm mistaken, there's not.

it has been given... many times.

i will give it again.

#1485 1 year ago

it has been given... many times.

i will give it again.

20th times the charm?

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

I joined the club yesterday and the game is a blast! I also jumped on the tournament and quickly realized I need some practice lol! I’m Beau Bajza and my fiend Jack jumped on as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the game! It’s an absolute blast. I avoided buying one for the longest time due to the monthly fees. So stupid. Wish I bought it sooner.

Yikes on those cutouts though. Absolutely not normal. I’d ask your distro to swap that game out. Here are mine.

28B372F7-A15D-448C-BF12-690F123D6109 (resized).jpeg28B372F7-A15D-448C-BF12-690F123D6109 (resized).jpeg3321C456-4E3B-4D1B-A8A9-EBF8C810F745 (resized).jpeg3321C456-4E3B-4D1B-A8A9-EBF8C810F745 (resized).jpeg7F6D2977-E59D-4BE3-98F9-1292BAD8F02A (resized).jpeg7F6D2977-E59D-4BE3-98F9-1292BAD8F02A (resized).jpegA53B1A07-DF61-4647-AEFB-495ED6220F6A (resized).jpegA53B1A07-DF61-4647-AEFB-495ED6220F6A (resized).jpegE837DAB7-433E-4C3D-80C9-53B007B5DA27 (resized).jpegE837DAB7-433E-4C3D-80C9-53B007B5DA27 (resized).jpegFF849162-18CF-4D4D-A583-EA6D17167EB9 (resized).jpegFF849162-18CF-4D4D-A583-EA6D17167EB9 (resized).jpeg
#1487 1 year ago

Yikes! No, that's not normal at all...

Quoted from NightTrain:

Congrats on the game! It’s an absolute blast. I avoided buying one for the longest time due to the monthly fees. So stupid. Wish I bought it sooner.
Yikes on those cutouts though. Absolutely not normal. I’d ask your distro to swap that game out. Here are mine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate the feedback! I’ll reach out to the distro tomorrow and see what they can do.

#1488 1 year ago

Terminator is my favorite game's in the arcade. The complaint you have on this game is the one reason I have not bought a BBH yet, It just doesn't seem fun playing it with a shotgun and pumping a hundred times

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Terminator is my favorite game's in the arcade. The complaint you have on this game is the one reason I have not bought a BBH yet, It just doesn't seem fun playing it with a shotgun and pumping a hundred times

I agree the pumping every shot gets old, but the terminator game would get old at home quickly anyway because it is the same every single time. The hunting games and being able to compete with others online are really the main reason to have a BBH at home.

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I agree the pumping every shot gets old, but the terminator game would get old at home quickly anyway because it is the same every single time. The hunting games and being able to compete with others online are really the main reason to have a BBH at home.

Tell an 8 yr old that....He want's to kill robots not deer ...

#1491 1 year ago

Don’t let the terminator pumping deter you from BBH. I honestly don’t even play any of those additional games. It’s all about the online competition and showdown play. So much fun!

Those additional games are only played when guests and kiddos come over. They get a kick out of it.

Playing some BBH with the wife right now! She’s all about this game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1492 1 year ago

That was kinda my issue right there. I never played any of the “reloaded” content but I still had to pay for it every month.

There should be a $20/mo tier that includes all the traditional game and modes, but not any of the reloaded content.

And showdown needs to be fixed, it’s really broken. Disconnects, people’s scores not populating and it’s so slow. The problem is, they won’t even say there is a problem there let alone a fix.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Don’t let the terminator pumping deter you from BBH. I honestly don’t even play any of those additional games. It’s all about the online competition and showdown play. So much fun!

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That was kinda my issue right there. I never played any of the “reloaded” content but I still had to pay for it every month.
There should be a $20/mo tier that includes all the traditional game and modes, but not any of the reloaded content.
And showdown needs to be fixed, it’s really broken. Disconnects, people’s scores not populating and it’s so slow. The problem is, they won’t even say there is a problem there let alone a fix.

Send me an email of the issues you are seeing (anyone that is having issue) or suggestions and I'll push it up the ladder.

Thank you for the feedback

[email protected]

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Showdown is cool. We play it quite a bit. I do agree sometimes it’s slow because of other people’s connections. That’s the only complaint I really have with it connection wise. We have fiber internet in the new house which is crazy fast. My old internet was terrible.

I wish there was more to it though. If you could chat back and forth or even use emojis and what not. You play some of the same people from time to time too. Would be cool to have an online app to text back and forth and things like that.

They could also add achievements and that whole thing too. Just endless possibilities. Buts it cool for what it is now. My wife and I love to crack some beers and play showdown.

$20 for online and no reloaded content would be cool. I’d be down for that.

#1495 1 year ago

How often does the game get "updates" like tweeks , new content etc etc....

#1496 1 year ago

Here are the results for the tournament the last 2 weeks:

1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44643
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 39558
3 Beau Bajza 32923
4 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 32437
5 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 32402
6 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 31405
7 Anessa Mills 28677
8 Jack Korszniak 27554

I also created a new tournament for February:
Do the following to join:
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002126
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Those additional games are only played when guests and kiddos come over. They get a kick out of it.
Playing some BBH with the wife right now! She’s all about this game.
[quoted image]

I love the fact that you guys have that tape down to create a line!

We need to either get the official tape stickers they use at the tournaments, or, if there's someone creative that can create some non-permanent floor stickers, I'd be all over that.

#1498 1 year ago

100% I'd be all over a $20/month for just BBH content. I hate the thought that I'm paying for Reloaded content that I'm not interested in.

I'm probably going to take my machine offline for a good 6 months, simply b/c I don't want to pay $40/month. I'm guessing they'd generate more sales if we had the option for BBH content only.

#1499 1 year ago

You could always look into adding a laser throw line to you machine for a non-permanent solution.

I don’t have one on my BBH, but I have one on my dart board. I would avoid the Viper one on Amazon…despite the rave reviews, I tossed my first one in the garbage because it stopped working, and the second one (no kidding) started on fire after I put (lithium) batteries in it. I have since been using the Hathaway on my dart board w/ no issues for the last 4 years.

The rumor is that a new expansion is on the horizon for fall ‘23….an expansion featuring the Walking Dead franchise. While this sounds interesting, I can’t see myself getting too excited about it. There are already zombie deer and a game mode called, ‘In Case of Zombies’…so I’m not sure what the reason is for implementing another ‘shoot the zombies’ mode….I’ll bet that zombies are the least controversial thing to add to a game which requires players to shoot at a screen, but personally I’d love to see more animals and additional bonus rounds added, and some new ‘trail guides’.

#1500 1 year ago

I love the fact that you guys have that tape down to create a line!
We need to either get the official tape stickers they use at the tournaments, or, if there's someone creative that can create some non-permanent floor stickers, I'd be all over that.

Well ya can’t be cheatin!

I’d like to qualify for the Yearly tourney in Chicago. Might as well practice at the appropriate distance.

The masking tape seems to work fine. I wouldn’t mind trying one of those laser throw lines out though. Didn’t even know that existed.

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.