(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 35.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It seemed to bring in some big guns from the BBH discord

Yep, you brought in professional-caliber players to play against us novices!

A score of 52k on those trek is completely insane, the majority of the treks were bow which makes things so much more challenging.

Not sure I can compete with these guys!

Ed

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yep, you brought in professional-caliber players to play against us novices!
A score of 52k on those trek is completely insane, the majority of the treks were bow which makes things so much more challenging.
Not sure I can compete with these guys!
Ed

Yeah I'm not sure how that 52k was even possible. He did play it a few times. I wish I knew what he did.

1 week later
#1353 2 years ago

Here are the results from the last one:

1 FEDERICO READ 37466
2 STEVE VAN SLYKE 29675
3 Twenty84 23531

This week's tournament I decided to keep open for 2 weeks (ends 1/31/22). I may keep it off the BBH discord this time it hopes of giving us Pinsiders a chance:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002090

BBH tournament copy (resized).jpgBBH tournament copy (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1354 2 years ago

Listed my BBH Reloaded Panorama

Other - For Sale
“BBH panorama with reloaded software for sale (online version) Located in Colorado Will not ship Terminator topper, New power supply, solid state hard drive.”
2022-02-21
Loveland, CO
4,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 153 times
Contributed to Pinside

Will not ship

Thanks

#1355 2 years ago

I was going to post here a while back, but I totally got busy and forgot to.

If anyone else bought the offline version and missing out on the 5th site in each hunt, well if you play versus, then you get to play the 5th sites also.

It does not save your score when playing that way, but we don't care about that anyway.

We do love this game!

#1356 2 years ago

I’m trying to help someone remotely with a BB World that is showing no signal.

PC fans are spinning (at least one) but CD drive won’t open. Lights on jamma board are on. All cables look secure.

I’ve read about video cards going bad but this appears to be on-board video on the PC. Could it be a power supply issue?

Help is appreciated! Thanks.

28592A2C-4ED9-4C2D-8500-3B6035D9B840 (resized).jpeg28592A2C-4ED9-4C2D-8500-3B6035D9B840 (resized).jpeg963F5398-B245-416D-9587-D3CD99B60954 (resized).jpeg963F5398-B245-416D-9587-D3CD99B60954 (resized).jpeg
#1357 2 years ago

I believe you can put your game online, pay $40 for the month, get all the updates, then cancel.

Then you have classic mode which gives you the 5th site and saves all the scores.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was going to post here a while back, but I totally got busy and forgot to.
If anyone else bought the offline version and missing out on the 5th site in each hunt, well if you play versus, then you get to play the 5th sites also.
It does not save your score when playing that way, but we don't care about that anyway.
We do love this game!

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I’m trying to help someone remotely with a BB World that is showing no signal.
PC fans are spinning (at least one) but CD drive won’t open. Lights on jamma board are on. All cables look secure.
I’ve read about video cards going bad but this appears to be on-board video on the PC. Could it be a power supply issue?
Help is appreciated! Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image]

I would guess pc power supply issue. Could be motherboard battery too. If you ask me I would suggest the pc come out for further testing with a monitor and keyboard

Is there more usb in the front? I would expect 3 usb dongles. That looks like an old computer. I would hope the components in there are upgraded at least.

1 week later
#1359 2 years ago

Hi guys new to the club. Just bought a reloaded offline. Does anyone know how to set it to free play? I keep putting dollars into it and it’s driving me nuts (especially with the kids wanting to play). I didn’t find any switches to change and I could if figure how to just “coin up”. Is there a settings menu? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I keep putting dollars into it and it’s driving me nuts

Been there, done that.

Quoted from adborto:

Is there a settings menu?

Yes, open the door on the front, and start playing with the test switch. It was a pain, but I finally found it long ago.

#1361 2 years ago

Thank you!!! I’m up and running now.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Thank you!!! I’m up and running now.

Welcome!

At first I had a table with $40 of quarters on it right in front of the coin door to keep feeding it in a hurry. Got old real fast.

2 months later
#1363 1 year ago

Hello Gents,
I have this model and really never looked into upgrades, other features. Is it too old? What info do I need to supply to get help on what I can upgrade it with?

IMG_0777 (resized).jpgIMG_0777 (resized).jpg
#1364 1 year ago

That is safari in the larger cabinet. You can upgrade to "world" which includes the safari add on, pro and pro add on.

You can also upgrade the pc w/ more ram and ssd hdd to speed up the load sequences. Otherwise as long as the game functions there isn't much more.

#1365 1 year ago

Thank you very much.

1 month later
#1366 1 year ago

I am surprised that there have been no posts here in 44 days.

I have a Reloaded offline, and I really hope soon they will have some more animal packs for sale to add to the game.

I just hope if/when they do, they also have new bonus rounds also.

1 month later
#1367 1 year ago

My MAME has a new roommate....

Got her home yesterday w/ the help of TimBoch ...what a blast to play!

7FA2DC50-B1A4-4F02-8EB6-691EA55D0BE0 (resized).jpeg7FA2DC50-B1A4-4F02-8EB6-691EA55D0BE0 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1368 1 year ago

My basement ceilings are only 79 inches. Would this fit if it didn't have the marque/topper?

#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

My basement ceilings are only 79 inches. Would this fit if it didn't have the marque/topper?

arrording to the manual, yes it will.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 5.10.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 5.10.30 PM (resized).png
#1370 1 year ago

Nick,
My ceiling is exactly 92” high. The BBH topper comes VERY close to touching the ceiling. The dimensions KingPinGames posted are accurate.

With the height of your ceiling, you will not be able to get the BBH topper on. It’s optional and doesn’t affect gameplay at all. The ‘reloaded’ marquee will be the best you can do.

#1371 1 year ago

This is the week! Big Buck Hunter World Championship!

https://www.bigbuckhunter.com/world/about

Come on down to Joe's Live in Rosemont, IL to be part of the action! There will be Buck Hunters open to play and other Raw Thrills games!

We (Kingpin Games) will also have a seperate area with some pinball machines (subject to change)

Stern

Godzilla Premium
Rush Premium
Big Buck Hunter Pinbal

Jersey Jack

Toy Story 4
Guns n Roses

Chicago Gaming

Cactus Canyon Remake Special

American Pinball

Legends of Valhalla Deluxe

We will have a High Score Tournament on each game. The winner (one winner per event, you can not win on two games), and the winner will recieve a KingPin Hoddie and a KingPin hat! You do not need to be present to win.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

#1372 1 year ago

My BBH Pro (Upgraded to World, but I don't think that matters) has been dead for some time. Computer doesn't automatically turn on, and no video. I pulled the computer out and confirmed no video with an LCD.

My original computer died years ago (or so I thought) so I replaced it with a new loaded motherboard (CPU and RAM). It turned out the power supply was bad, original motherboard was fine. I left in the new motherboard and components because it was much better than stock. I also upgraded to an SSD (huge improvement). The new motherboard is currently what is toast after working for a couple years. Unfortunately I don't have any way to test the CPU or RAM, they are not the same as the stock motherboard.

I put the original motherboard back in, it does not recognize the SSD. I'm hoping it's something I'm missing in the BIOS. Does anyone know how to get an original motherboard (Geforce 6100-M7) to recognize a SATA SSD? Original motherboard boots fine with the original hard drive.

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My BBH Pro (Upgraded to World, but I don't think that matters) has been dead for some time. Computer doesn't automatically turn on, and no video. I pulled the computer out and confirmed no video with an LCD.
My original computer died years ago (or so I thought) so I replaced it with a new loaded motherboard (CPU and RAM). It turned out the power supply was bad, original motherboard was fine. I left in the new motherboard and components because it was much better than stock. I also upgraded to an SSD (huge improvement). The new motherboard is currently what is toast after working for a couple years. Unfortunately I don't have any way to test the CPU or RAM, they are not the same as the stock motherboard.
I put the original motherboard back in, it does not recognize the SSD. I'm hoping it's something I'm missing in the BIOS. Does anyone know how to get an original motherboard (Geforce 6100-M7) to recognize a SATA SSD? Original motherboard boots fine with the original hard drive.

I just hooked an SSD up to mine and it booted no problem when I upgraded.

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

you'll need to get into the bios and check the sata/ide settings. It may need the ahci? setting for compatibility.

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you'll need to get into the bios and check the sata/ide settings. It may need the ahci? setting for compatibility.

After hours of research, tinkering and web searches I decided to try a different SSD. It recognized it instantly. I tried the bad SSD on my reader and it seems dead. Foolish of me to think only one thing failed. Whatever killed my Mobo also killed my SSD.

Now the install on the new drive keeps failing. It was years ago when I last did this. I think I needed to install Pro before the World upgrade?

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

After hours of research, tinkering and web searches I decided to try a different SSD. It recognized it instantly. I tried the bad SSD on my reader and it seems dead. Foolish of me to think only one thing failed. Whatever killed my Mobo also killed my SSD.
Now the install on the new drive keeps failing. It was years ago when I last did this. I think I needed to install Pro before the World upgrade?

Correct, it needs to see the pro software and dongle, then the world software and dongle.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Weird, good find on the bad ssd, ya it should be pretty simple recognizing.

#1378 1 year ago

any help would be appreciated, both guns work in single gun play and i am able to calibrate each, but when i go to 2 player the 2nd gun doesn't work.....?

#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

any help would be appreciated, both guns work in single gun play and i am able to calibrate each, but when i go to 2 player the 2nd gun doesn't work.....?

That is the way mine has always been in certain modes. Try Terminator with 2 people, both guns should work there.

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

IIRC there were two ways to play. 2 player where both players switch off with the same 1player gun. Or at the same time.
If you do 2 player, and you continue to play, is that the case?

#1381 1 year ago

I ran a test in menu and have this error, does that help?

IMG_0239 (resized).jpgIMG_0239 (resized).jpg
#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I ran a test in menu and have this error, does that help?
[quoted image]

Give Raw Thrills a call. They were very awesome in the past when I had issues.

#1383 1 year ago

Looks like the IR board connector in the gun was loose, problem solved, thank you.

#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Correct, it needs to see the pro software and dongle, then the world software and dongle.

After about a zillion failed tries to install BBH World from the CD I saw someone mention imaging the drive on another computer. It worked the first time and I'm back up and running.

Here is a thread that talks about what motherboards are compatible. Saving it here in case someone needs it in the future.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=155963.0

#1385 1 year ago

Just joined the club by getting a Reloaded Mini.

Trying to understand how the QR code reader works...

It "looks" like it's reading when I show my QR code to the reader, because before starting a game, it will show my name after scanning it.

But then when I go to start a trek, there's no indication I'm actually logged in. It still asks me to enter my player name, and it's flashing to scan my code.

What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

#1386 1 year ago

Anyone have an orange, older style gun for Big Buck Hunter Pro era games for sale? This would be the gun for arcade monitors and not LCD screens.

#1387 1 year ago

Are you reading the QR in attract, or when it’s at the player name screen?

Try using the button to start the game, and QR code at name input screen.

Just joined the club by getting a Reloaded Mini.
Trying to understand how the QR code reader works...
It "looks" like it's reading when I show my QR code to the reader, because before starting a game, it will show my name after scanning it.
But then when I go to start a trek, there's no indication I'm actually logged in. It still asks me to enter my player name, and it's flashing to scan my code.
What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Try using the button to start the game, and QR code at name input screen.

That seemed to work, thank you.

Does this also work in the online showdown mode?

#1389 1 year ago

LOL. No. You need a card for that. Without a card you cannot login to showdown. It’s really dumb. Unless a change was made very recently.

That seemed to work, thank you.
Does this also work in the online showdown mode?

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL. No. You need a card for that. Without a card you cannot login to showdown. It’s really dumb. Unless a change was made very recently.

And with Showdown...does it deduct money? Like, not actual money, but the game I got had $0.95 showing on the screen, and everytime I play Showdown, it seems to deduct what looks like $0.35...

#1391 1 year ago

It should not.

Is your game in free play?

And with Showdown...does it deduct money? Like, not actual money, but the game I got had $0.95 showing on the screen, and everytime I play Showdown, it seems to deduct what looks like $0.35...

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is your game in free play?

It's set to Free Play (I believe). No other modes are asking for money.

I'll play later and see what happens when it gets to $0.00 and I try to play Showdown.

#1393 1 year ago

You on the BBH discord? People arrange real
Time live showdowns on there if you get sick of playing ghosts.

I'll play later and see what happens when it gets to $0.00 and I try to play Showdown.

#1394 1 year ago

Free play is something you have to have CoinUp push to your machine your remotely. You cannot set your BBH to free play the way you set your arcade/pinball machine to free play.

Once you set BBH to free play, you lose access to the PRO mode, which is the mode you play if you want to win money playing online. I didn’t want that on my machine because its possible that guests choose the PRO mode and you wind up w/ a nasty credit card bill at the end of the month that you weren’t expecting.

#1395 1 year ago

You can play Showdown via the Versus menu w/ Freeplay enabled. No real money is deducted from your credit card. I play Showdown every day, very fun to challenge real people all over the country.

#1397 1 year ago

So, sometimes the "Showdown" mode is not actually live?

I'm assuming it's real people, but probably archived play from earlier that day, if it's not able to find a live match?

#1398 1 year ago

If it can't find a live match it will go into previous games and let you play "live" against some ghosts.

Discord invite:

https://discord.gg/HCAMHJGs

So, sometimes the "Showdown" mode is not actually live?
I'm assuming it's real people, but probably archived play from earlier that day, if it's not able to find a live match?

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Free play is something you have to have CoinUp push to your machine your remotely. You cannot set your BBH to free play the way you set your arcade/pinball machine to free play.
Once you set BBH to free play, you lose access to the PRO mode, which is the mode you play if you want to win money playing online. I didn’t want that on my machine because its possible that guests choose the PRO mode and you wind up w/ a nasty credit card bill at the end of the month that you weren’t expecting.

On mine I have it set to free play and also have the pro mode. It is possible to turn pro mode on/off in the options once you have it set up if you want to disable it when guests are over.

#1400 1 year ago

My boys were crushing it this weekend!

Nothing better

524DCEB9-9F03-445C-9D0E-ECEB14BF279E (resized).jpeg524DCEB9-9F03-445C-9D0E-ECEB14BF279E (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/28?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.