(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 35.
#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

All the hardcore BBH guys have a discord where they chit chat and setup real time showdowns with each other. If anyone is interested I can post a link. BBH folk are infinitely better than Golden Tee folk, maybe because the community is smaller, not sure.
It's a lot more fun playing showdows against reals, but even against bots, showdown is a great way to learn how to play that game. You see a replay of the winning persons site.

I’d be interested in that! I believe my mini shipped out from kingpin yesterday so I should have it soon.

#1302 2 years ago

BBH discord. Super friendly folk:

https://discord.gg/sZAhrtD3

#1303 2 years ago

We can agree that pro should have a fee as there are prize pool contributions and stat tracking

However,

raw thrills is banking way more pro money per play on the non commercial games vs the one in the bars.

1 trek is a 50 cent fee to the operator, vs 2$ to home
1 dollar for adventure as an operator and 5.25 vs home.

It’s not like the non commercial units are any cheaper. You could argue that commercial units bring in more money overall but the ops are also making money selling alcohol.

Home owners should get a bill credit over a certain amount of spend or something.

Or they should just charge the fee and only the fee as the home owner is basically the operator in this case.

#1304 2 years ago

Woah, Chris at King Pin got me my game super fast! Can’t wait to play!

62443634-F2D0-4B91-ACBF-F19038567074 (resized).jpeg62443634-F2D0-4B91-ACBF-F19038567074 (resized).jpeg
#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Woah, Chris at King Pin got me my game super fast! Can’t wait to play!

Congrats...please join the weekly Pinside Tournament...its a lot of fun and thanks to Jalpert for setting it up each week!

Ed

#1306 2 years ago

Woah, Chris at King Pin got me my game super fast! Can’t wait to play![quoted image]

Glad you got a mini. The panorama is so dull. Mini is a showpiece no doubt and having the LEDs integrated into gameplay is sweet. Wait till you see that monitor with glass casing, sharp stuff.

#1307 2 years ago

Week 50:

1.) jalpert - 41,472
2.) eharan - 31,212
3.) twenty84 - 28,549

#1308 2 years ago

Week 51:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002085
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
Two weeks this time. My schedule makes it impossible for me to create a new tournament next week.
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1309 2 years ago

Thanks for all those that ordered and all the nice words.

Still a few minis left I'm stock. Order now and (possibly) get before Christmas. We allow pick ups 7 days a week from our North Freedom, WI office too.

[email protected]

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Congrats...please join the weekly Pinside Tournament...its a lot of fun and thanks to Jalpert for setting it up each week!
Ed

Thanks and will do, I’m planning to get everything all setup tonight. I’ll check through to thread for details on what all is involved since I have not played much before.

#1311 2 years ago

Pretty confused. I just want to do the $40 a month to play the content but these signup menus that have me agreeing to all these prices per game make me feel like I’m heading the wrong direction. How am I supposed to setup?

#1312 2 years ago

It’s dumb, all the setup menus are for operators. They haven’t incorporated home games into that process yet.

Get through those menus to the setup screen, then in setup at the top is your cab ID.

Email them your cab ID and they will get you in free play.

I played a bunch before they activated my free play and they refunded all my fees but YMMV on that.

Pretty confused. I just want to do the $40 a month to play the content but these signup menus that have me agreeing to all these prices per game make me feel like I’m heading the wrong direction. How am I supposed to setup?

#1313 2 years ago

It’s dumb, all the setup menus are for operators. They haven’t incorporated home games into that process yet.

Get through those menus to the test menu via the button inside the coin door, then in setup at the top is your cab ID.
Email them your cab ID and they will get you in free play.

I played a bunch before they activated my free play and they refunded all my fees but YMMV on that.

#1314 2 years ago

Thanks! I don’t think I would have figured that out on my own haha. Does anyone not go freeplay and just pay the fees per game? Seems like there would be a lot of times my monthly per game would be less than the $40. I’m guessing you would just hit the add credit button a ton.

#1315 2 years ago

Thanks! I don’t think I would have figured that out on my own haha. Does anyone not go freeplay and just pay the fees per game? Seems like there would be a lot of times my monthly per game would be less than the $40. I’m guessing you would just hit the add credit button a ton.

I dont think thats even an option. I know I would save a ton if I just paid per play. If it is an option, let me know!

#1316 2 years ago

You can buy anything (or nothing) and play the game offline.

#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I dont think thats even an option. I know I would save a ton if I just paid per play. If it is an option, let me know!

yeah I’m no getting 40 a month worth of play out of my game.

#1318 2 years ago

When I was reviewing the fine print in the signup for the "Coin up" account it looks like there's also an operator option, but that still has a $30 or so monthly service fee. I assume Raw Thrills would still take a portion of whatever additional money was put into the game...

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

yeah I’m no getting 40 a month worth of play out of my game.

I'm looking at getting a Mini Offline, they are like 10k...Is it worth it?

Do you get sick of the gameplay?

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm looking at getting a Mini Offline, they are like 10k...Is it worth it?
Do you get sick of the gameplay?

Even if you don't use the online content, you pay a lot extra to have it offline. My guess is it would take about 8 years to make up the difference in price. The online content is also a lot more fun since you can play in tournaments and it automatically updates the code.

#1321 2 years ago

Now. If your having a baby, getting ready for a move, have a large collection, I can absolutely see taking it offline for a few months if you don’t think it’s going to get much play.

You will still have a few animals to play with.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Now. If your having a baby, getting ready for a move, have a large collection, I can absolutely see taking it offline for a few months if you don’t think it’s going to get much play.
You will still have a few animals to play with.

I don't get it, what does Buck Hunter become if you don't have the content? You can only shoot at one type of animal?

#1323 2 years ago

Also, do you have to pump the shotgun when playing terminator? Or is it auto fire? That looks like it would get old quickly

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Also, do you have to pump the shotgun when playing terminator? Or is it auto fire? That looks like it would get old quickly

Most of the game you have to pump, but during parts of it you have automatic weapons. (it will wear your arms out).

#1325 2 years ago

You have a few. Four hunts maybe? It will work offline, and you can play, you lose a ton of functionality but you can still play.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don't get it, what does Buck Hunter become if you don't have the content? You can only shoot at one type of animal?

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Even if you don't use the online content, you pay a lot extra to have it offline. My guess is it would take about 8 years to make up the difference in price.

I went with the 42 mini offline for near 10k and while I love it my girlfriend plays it all the time.

It may take 8 years to break even, but I did not want any more monthly bills, and my connection here is spotty anyway.

The game has plenty to do, I just wish Duck Dynasty held our scores, it does not. Everything else does hold our scores.

We were not interested in any tournaments anyway, and I think all we are missing out on is the one extra site for each animal, and the bow, no bow offline, but I think most people really do not care for the bow anyway.

If you go the online route to save money on the game price, you still have to pay for a year of online, but does not have to be all at the same time(best I can remember).

In the future if they add any more animals I plan to buy the software to get those.

I really doubt I would buy any more of the other content though, we do not use it much because too tiring.

If you were to be passing through my area for vacation or anything, you are welcome to stop by and try the game out.

Last I heard Jason at Classic Game Rooms still has them in stock, about a 40 minute drive east of here, and you could pick one up to save shipping costs if you were to like the game enough after you try it.

#1327 2 years ago

One thing you get with online are included updates.

Have you considered going online for 1 month, getting your game updated, then canceling?

I wonder how many features your offline will gain just buy upgrading to the latest version.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We were not interested in any tournaments anyway, and I think all we are missing out on is the one extra site for each animal, and the bow, no bow offline, but I think most people really do not care for the bow anyway.

#1328 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It does get a bit tiring. I’m only an hour from you and just got my mini. Shoot me a note if you have a free day and want to come try it out. Mine is the online version though.

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

One thing you get with online are included updates.

I guess someone would have to stop by here, try out my game, and tell me what updates I am missing, except for the extra site for each animal, and the tournament stuff we care less about.

Have they added some different animals now? Those are the only updates I care for, and I plan to buy the software when available. If like in the past it will be like 785.00 for 3 more animals.

In the meantime I am on a dead end street, and if a tree falls over the lines in a storm, sometimes Comcast does not make repairs for 2 months no matter how much I complain, so I try to stay offline with anything anyway.

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

if you take the game "offline" you will still have the 5 base animals and some of the bonus games.

If you go the online route to save money on the game price, you still have to pay for a year of online, but does not have to be all at the same time(best I can remember).

you can go online for one month if you wish. the year long contract has been eliminated. some of our customers will play "offline" most of the year and then go online when they are having people over that month (4th of July, Thanksgiving, etc).

#1331 2 years ago

Fellow operators: I just unboxed my new BBH reloaded and it doesn’t come with a bill validator. Which model do you have installed in your game? Looking for advice on setting this up. Also can you setup the operator registration directly from the game? Thanks

Appreciate any help: I’ve never had a raw thrills/BBH on route before

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I just unboxed my new BBH reloaded and it doesn’t come with a bill validator.

That is weird, my mini offline came with one already installed.

#1333 2 years ago

The minis come with the dba installed, the panoramas do not.

Raw Thrills uses a 12v system at the door for the bill acceptors. you can either use the Mars 12v dc acceptors, or use a 110v ac cable and tap into the coin switches.

As for the operator setup, you can try to get it setup via the on screen menu. if that doesn't work, then you will need to call and talk with Bethany at Play Mechanix. 866-646-1975

#1334 2 years ago

I know some guys just have these at their house, If anyone has a bill acceptor they want to sell, let me know.

Also: would an Apex 5400 12v bill acceptor work on Big Buck Hunter Reloaded?

#1335 2 years ago

Week 51:

1.) jalpert - 35,163
2.) eharan - 28,475
3.) twenty84 - 27,600
4.) TheBeefSupreme - 14,095

#1336 2 years ago

Week 51. The one year anniversary and LAST Pinside BBH tourney! Thanks everyone who participated, it was always a good time!

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002086
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
Two weeks this time. My schedule makes it impossible for me to create a new tournament next week.
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 51:
1.) jalpert - 35,163
2.) eharan - 28,475
3.) twenty84 - 27,600
4.) Mystery Guest - 14,095
Out of respect for people's privacy, I don't post real names. If you would like to send me a PM with your pinside name I will post that! If not, that's fine too.

Haha I’m pretty sure I’m the mystery guest. I only got to play once and it did not go well haha.

#1338 2 years ago

It doesn't have to go well. It's fun just to have a random option to play, mixes things up a bit.

Haha I’m pretty sure I’m the mystery guest. I only got to play once and it did not go well haha.

#1339 2 years ago

Joined the Big Buck Club a few weeks ago
Got a routed Pro from a local arcade refurb guy who cleaned it up
Guessing it’s from 2005/2006
Has the basic hunting trips on it that it came with
What kind of software or upgrades can be done to it?? Can you add safari hunts or other stuff to it??

1DD172B3-5532-4F7E-A290-9D20DEE08389 (resized).jpeg1DD172B3-5532-4F7E-A290-9D20DEE08389 (resized).jpeg
#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Joined the Big Buck Club a few weeks ago
Got a routed Pro from a local arcade refurb guy who cleaned it up
Guessing it’s from 2005/2006
Has the basic hunting trips on it that it came with
What kind of software or upgrades can be done to it?? Can you add safari hunts or other stuff to it??
[quoted image]

You can upgrade it to the following

Safari
Open season
World

Each would require its own dongle and restore software.

#1341 2 years ago

Week 52: The first time I couldn't make it to the game to play. Besides the two weeks I was having technical issues.

Thanks again for playing!

1.) eharan - 36,579
2.) twenty84 - 29,544

#1342 2 years ago

Dang, forgot to get a score in this round

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 51. The one year anniversary and LAST Pinside BBH tourney! Thanks everyone who participated, it was always a good time!

Jalpert,
Are you ending the weekly tournaments? I really enjoy them and gets me playing the game. I hope this is not the end of them. I am sure we can get more people playing.

Thanks!
Ed

#1344 2 years ago

I am. I have had a lot of fun with them as well, but life has gone in a few different directions over the past year. Most of those directions away from pinball, all good stuff though.

Quoted from jalpert:

Quoted from eharan:

Jalpert,
Are you ending the weekly tournaments? I really enjoy them and gets me playing the game. I hope this is not the end of them. I am sure we can get more people playing.
Thanks!
Ed

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I am. I have had a lot of fun with them as well, but life has gone in a few different directions over the past year. Most of those directions away from pinball, all good stuff though.

i wouldn't mind taking it over to keep it going. Here is a link to a tournament I made for next week:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002087

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

i wouldn't mind taking it over to keep it going. Here is a link to a tournament I made for next week:

That’s great. I am signed up. Let’s try and get more people participating! Thanks Jalpert for starting it and Chrome Candy for continuing it!

Happy New Years everyone!
Ed

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That’s great. I am signed up. Let’s try and get more people participating!

I agree I posted it on the BBH Discord so hopefully we'll see some interest from there also.

#1348 2 years ago

I’ll jump in too! Thanks for setting up and to Jalpert for running in the past!

#1349 2 years ago

AWESOME!

Quoted from twenty84:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002087

1 week later
#1350 2 years ago

My first tournament ended. It seemed to bring in some big guns from the BBH discord. Here is how it turned out

1 Chris Exberger 52368
2 Philip Beaupre 41369
3 Federico Read 31944
4 Twenty84 24321
5 Jalpert . 23820
6 EHaran 20877

Here is the link for next weeks tournament:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002089

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.