(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,202 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBH Register 2 (resized).PNG
BBH Register 1 (resized).PNG
20210424_103219 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210404_012205 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210404_002826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210404_002748 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210404_002723 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210403_195826 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
B464B482-0913-449E-8211-BC5F74B9FA2E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20210212_140757 (resized).jpg
215F53C4-A432-486A-991A-269EEC1ACC1F (resized).jpeg
8CE7DFD4-D8F7-4ED4-8BAD-311F7C9A9F41 (resized).jpeg
20210204_192831 (resized).jpg
78028F51-845A-4CFC-8F91-BDD52D5EC36C (resized).jpeg

There are 1202 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.
#1151 85 days ago

Week 18 (easy mode not so popular):

1.) jalpert - 43,765
2.) Sharon - 34,142

#1152 85 days ago

Week 19:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002029
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

Let's throw zombie deer in there... Random drew 1 zombie deer site and 1 duplicate.

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1153 81 days ago

Back on track...

Week 20:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002030
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

Let's throw zombie deer in there...

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1154 81 days ago

Also. Just asked RT if they can implement a max number of plays option for tournaments.

1 week later
#1155 74 days ago

Week 21:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002031

Let's throw zombie deer in there...

A few caveats:

#1156 74 days ago

Week 20

1.) jalpert - 27,816
2.) eharan - 21,662

1 week later
#1157 67 days ago

Week 22
:
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002032

A few caveats:

#1158 64 days ago

Need a little tech help possibly

When playing the game, there is lag at some points.

Most notably when A doe is shot, the game introduces lag in the graphics and the bucks are harder to shoot, the bucks look glitchy at this point almost as if the graphics card starts to lose frame rate .

Anyone else having graphical issues with their game?

#1159 63 days ago

Which game do you have? Pro, open season, hd, reloaded?

Regardless, I would start by reloading with the most current software to see if that cures it. If not, then it's time to look at the motherboard for bulging capacitors.

Does your game have a dedicated graphic card? Are the system/cpu fans all working?

#1160 63 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Which game do you have? Pro, open season, hd, reloaded?
Regardless, I would start by reloading with the most current software to see if that cures it. If not, then it's time to look at the motherboard for bulging capacitors.
Does your game have a dedicated graphic card? Are the system/cpu fans all working?

I have an hd reloaded with an hp elite desk computer with a dedicated graphics card. It has a 4gb stick of ram , I have another stick of ram on order, I have temporarily turned the pc upside down and removed the side of the case and installed a faster case fan, and I turned up the power of the cabinet fan all to increase air flow.

#1161 63 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have an hd reloaded with an hp elite desk computer with a dedicated graphics card. It has a 4gb stick of ram , I have another stick of ram on order, I have temporarily turned the pc upside down and removed the side of the case and installed a faster case fan, and I turned up the power of the cabinet fan all to increase air flow.

Okay. I would keep an eye on the graphics card to make sure it is not over heating.

#1162 63 days ago

Do you leave the unit on 24/7? If so, have you tried a power cycle?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

#1163 62 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Do you leave the unit on 24/7? If so, have you tried a power cycle?

The game gets turned on for only a few hours every other day

#1164 60 days ago

Week 23
:
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002033
A few caveats:

1 week later
#1165 53 days ago

Brand new this week is a very professional tournament banner!!! Load it up and let your eyeballs be amazed!
I was out of town last week so I couldn't play unfortunatley.

Week 24

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002034
A few caveats:

#1166 52 days ago

We need to get more people playing in the tournament...its a lot of fun, but not so much when you are the only one playing, which was me last week!

Doesn't cost anything and is fun...cant beat that!

Thanks again Jalpert for setting these up!

Ed

#1167 52 days ago
Quoted from eharan:

We need to get more people playing in the tournament...its a lot of fun, but not so much when you are the only one playing, which was me last week!
Ed

I've been joining tournament but not playing. Been meaning to and will again soon.

#1168 52 days ago

I think I mentioned I've been in contact with Raw Thrills about more tournament features, but it appears 1 or 2 others has as well.

Hopefully they are listening and we get some simple improvements like max number of plays and a little more transparency into scores etc.

Quoted from eharan:

Ed

#1169 46 days ago

Week 24... with 50% more participation! I thought this was a particularly hard week...

1.) Jalpert - 27.023
2.) Turbo20lbs - 26,442
3.) eharan - 24,700

#1170 46 days ago

Week 25

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002036
A few caveats:

#1171 46 days ago

jalpert, thanks for continuing to do this. i think the people that participate really like it.

for the rest of you, if you are thinking about getting a new buck hunter be aware that like everyone else, there is now a backlog of new orders. we will have a few panoramas in july and then some 43" mini coming in august. if you wish to secure one of these let me know.

thank you

1 week later
#1172 39 days ago

Week 25... with 33% less participation! I thought this was a particularly hard week...
1.) Jalpert - 28,022
2.) eharan - 25,672

#1173 39 days ago

Week 26
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002037
A few caveats:

#1174 38 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 25... with 33% less participation! I thought this was a particularly hard week...
1.) Jalpert - 28,022
2.) eharan - 25,672

Hey Jalpert...thanks again for setting these up but you have the results backwards! I finally beat you this week...nice try on stealing my win!

Regards
Ed

#1175 38 days ago

It would be great if more people participated. Its a lot of fun and another reason to justify the monthly fee!

Jalpert...I love the new graphic you created for the tournament!

#1176 38 days ago

Wow. Okay. I must have pulled the scores from another tourney!

I’ll take a look.

And…. You are 100% correct.

1.) eharan - 28,022
2.) jalpert - 25,762

Right scores, wrong people .

Quoted from eharan:

Hey Jalpert...thanks again for setting these up but you have the results backwards! I finally beat you this week...nice try on stealing my win!
Regards
Ed

#1177 37 days ago

Thinking about selling my BBH Reloaded. With 55 inch screen. Anyone interested? What's it worth in like new condition.

#1178 35 days ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Thinking about selling my BBH Reloaded. With 55 inch screen. Anyone interested? What's it worth in like new condition.

For what it’s worth I sold mine in Canada for about 5700 usd for a pano (not reloaded decals but upgraded software) with no tv. In Canada there’s a bit of a premium on pins so that price might be slightly high.

#1179 35 days ago

This is really great! The tournament thing seems to be working well!

We have actual stock of BBH for instant ship, which has been a challenge as of late, so if anyone is in the market please let me know. These are much better in a home than in a warehouse!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1180 32 days ago

Week 26:

1.) Jalpert - 25,748
2.) eharan - 24,570
3.) twenty84 - 17,012

#1181 32 days ago

Week 27
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002040

I took Zombie Deer back out. If that was fun, let me know.

A few caveats:

#1182 30 days ago

I've seen people ask for BBH Pro upgrades before, not sure what dongles these are, but they don't come up for sale too often.

ebay.com link: itm

Edit: Not mine, just something I found.

#1183 27 days ago

Any new content added since launch?

#1184 27 days ago

Content is usually announced at the world championships.

October 1st this year.

Quoted from PW79:

Any new content added since launch?

#1185 25 days ago

Week 27:

1.) Jalpert - 31,697
2.) eharan - 25,135

#1186 25 days ago

Week 28
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002041

A few caveats:

#1187 24 days ago

If anyone was getting a little stutter or lag from the update a week or so ago, there is a new update that addresses it…

#1188 18 days ago

When I created the tourney last week, I got a web site error after I submitted. I hit the back button, submitted again and it worked. However, it created the same tournament twice and I played the wrong one on my machine. So, I played, you just couldn't see me.

Close scores...

Week 28:

1.) Jalpert - 31,840
2.) eharan - 30.825
3.) turbo20lbs - 28.507

#1189 18 days ago

Week 29
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002044

A few caveats:

#1190 17 days ago

Apparently it's a new feature to mix guns/bows in tournaments. I'm sure there was a tick mark, but this tourney has a mix of guns and bows. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

#1191 16 days ago

My game just updated itself to the latest code I believe 2 days ago... I’m still experiencing lag in this way ...

Anyone that has the latest update:

Could someone please do me a favor... play the game 1 or 2 player on CASUAL, select any animal to hunt, shoot a doe, after shooting the doe watch for the other animals to lag or glitch, please let me know if you get similar results.

the animals on my game after shooting a doe immediately begin getting laggy or glitchy, they do not lag or glitch if I hit bucks or critters. This resets with each site, not an ongoing experience, but will occur each time I shoot a doe on casual.

#1192 11 days ago

Week 29:

1.) Jalpert - 34,356
3.) turbo20lbs - 28.900
2.) eharan - 24,353

#1193 11 days ago

Week 30:
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002045

I'm keeping the random mix of gun and bow until someone says they hate it.

A few caveats:

#1194 11 days ago

Any pinheads going to the world tournament this year?

#1195 11 days ago

The BBH community is AMAZING. I know why you can't qualify from home, but I wish you could. Even if you don't play, they are very excited about people going out and hanging out.

Quoted from T-800:

#1196 11 days ago
Quoted from T-800:

i will most likely be there

1 week later
#1197 4 days ago

Apparently no bow hunting this week?

Week 30:

1.) Jalpert - 31,939
2.) eharan - 26,419

#1198 4 days ago

Week 31:
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002046

Not sure whats up with the bow, don't see an option to use it (or not).

A few caveats:

#1199 3 days ago

for anyone interested, i have a handfull of brand new Big Buck Hunter Reloaded 43" mini in stock. Panoramas will be coming in mid august.

Just lke the pinball world, Raw Thrills is behind and the next batch is september as far as i know.

#1200 2 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i will most likely be there

Awesome, hope you make it. Will be nice to catch back up. Are you going to be competing, just for fun, or working?

There are 1202 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside