(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 35.
#1101 3 years ago

Just getting my v34 patch right now, what v are you guys on? Anything new feature wise ?

#1102 3 years ago

Was there a Reloaded update this week? I didn't catch or check...but I swear I saw game reboot an extra time after one of the kids turned it on the other day.

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Was there a Reloaded update this week? I didn't catch or check...but I swear I saw game reboot an extra time after one of the kids turned it on the other day.

Mine updated to 34 which gives you the ability to log in with QR code during the “enter name” screen. What is kinda bullshit is that all my personal bests are erased. I always log in with my QR. It should follow your person not your machine.

All you get is global summary stats on their website, which doesn’t even include treks scores

#1104 3 years ago

Change logs are here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqWR3bvlkIrAa-nVDMO4MPC2EuG-U5Sm9P8Pve_QNMk/edit

However, they are incomplete. They also fixed a bug where the camera stays on after login to classic mode.

#1105 3 years ago

Week 12:

1.) Jalpert - 36,717
2.) eharan - 29,630
3.) twenty84 - 25,851
4.) liam20lbs - 21,142
5.) ? player - 20,664

#1106 3 years ago

Week 13:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002012
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

1 week later
#1107 3 years ago

Week 13:

1.) bladesofsteel - 36,433
2.) jalpert - 31,357
3.) eharan - 25,726

#1108 3 years ago

Week 14:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002014
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

1.) bladesofsteel - 36,433
2.) jalpert - 31,357

Those scores are insane. I struggled to get 25k!

#1110 3 years ago

It’s not an easy game at all.

Quoted from eharan:

Those scores are insane. I struggled to get 25k!

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s not an easy game at all.

So far my best score of all is 28,000 on Kudo. I was perfect 36/36 on the Kudo, but I missed all the trophies. (and yeah, that was the score, a even 28,000).

My 2nd best is Moose, I think it is like 27,117?

I am offline, so I don't have the extra sites to get more points like you guys.

Sometimes when I look at your scores on here I think no way. But then I remember you guys have 3 extra sites per game, so that should average another 4500-6000 points per game, or more.

So far my best score on Zombie deer is 8967 I think. I would like to play it more to try to beat the 10,000 presets, but my girlfriend hates it too much, and she already wears me out wanting to play this game all the time.

After 2-3 games in a row, I am done for the night. I can just not concentrate like that on and on.

Sometimes my girlfriend plays it for 3-4 hours, no way I could play anywhere near that long.

Also, I hope sometime soon they will have more animal packs for sale. And I hope they all have new bonus rounds also.

We love this game!

#1112 3 years ago

From what I understand, new content is debuted at the world championships which is in October.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Also, I hope sometime soon they will have more animal packs for sale. And I hope they all have new bonus rounds also.

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From what I understand, new content is debuted at the world championships which is in October.

I am not aware of anything new from last October, but maybe it was the virus stuff?

(I just checked, and I purchased the game last September).

We are 100% happy with the game.

At first one gun was messing up, but Raw Thrills and Betson, and Classic Game Rooms were spot on with help.

Best I can tell, the ground wire for that gun was loose, and caused the gun to mess up.

Raw Thrills sent a replacement gun, and a prepaid label to send the messed up gun back.

It was not too hard to change out the gun, took maybe 15 minutes.

Anyway, just curious, what is your best score on Kudo, without playing the extra sites in the pro?

#1114 3 years ago

Last year they debut showdown, so maybe there was no new hunt?

There is no way to play only 4 sites of any hunt. Pro mode and casual are both gone, replaced by classic mode.

If you could get your game online, you can pay them for 1 month, get all the updates, then cancel online.

If you really have no internet, starling is rolling out now, seems like a viable option.

https://www.starlink.com/

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am not aware of anything new from last October, but maybe it was the virus stuff?
(I just checked, and I purchased the game last September).
We are 100% happy with the game.
At first one gun was messing up, but Raw Thrills and Betson, and Classic Game Rooms were spot on with help.
Best I can tell, the ground wire for that gun was loose, and caused the gun to mess up.
Raw Thrills sent a replacement gun, and a prepaid label to send the messed up gun back.
It was not too hard to change out the gun, took maybe 15 minutes.
Anyway, just curious, what is your best score on Kudo, without playing the extra sites in the pro?

#1115 3 years ago

Week 14:

1.) eharan - 32.420
2.) jalpert - 31,950
3.) twenty84 - 24,018

#1116 3 years ago

Well... Between posting scores and starting the new tournament coinup appears to have shit the bed.

Will try again later.

#1117 3 years ago

Week 15:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002015

A few caveats:

#1118 3 years ago

I've seen some used cabs go for ~$2.5-3k, which seems like a super solid deal. Is that common these days? I'm thinking I'd like one of these next to my Golden Tee, but I can't justify $5.5-6k on one.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've seen some used cabs go for ~$2.5-3k, which seems like a super solid deal. Is that common these days? I'm thinking I'd like one of these next to my Golden Tee, but I can't justify $5.5-6k on one.

From what I have seen its about 3500 and up. Anything below that is a deal in my opinion! It's the most popular machine when I have people over. Everyone was playing mine the other day while me and a buddy were playing golden tee. The pins are typically played the least unless I have a pinhead over.

#1120 3 years ago

I’m helping an amusement outfit build up a gameroom, the owners are going to use a freeplay method on machines and charging a fee at the door ,

What is the best way to handle freeplay after purchasing a machine for this environment?

#1121 3 years ago

Odds are very low you see this sub $3k. $3.5k is a really good deal.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

#1122 3 years ago

I used to have a big buck hunter pro , it was such a great game but I almost broke my wrists moving it .
And I thought The Hobbit was heavy .

IMG_20210403_195826 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_195826 (resized).jpg
#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I used to have a big buck hunter pro , it was such a great game but I almost broke my wrists moving it .
And I thought The Hobbit was heavy .
[quoted image]

Is that a custom cab?

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m helping an amusement outfit build up a gameroom, the owners are going to use a freeplay method on machines and charging a fee at the door ,
What is the best way to handle freeplay after purchasing a machine for this environment?

Best to call play mechanix to figure this out. Essentially you could run it on stock freeplay which gives you the 5 base animals and bonus courses, or you could run it in "home edition" online which means paying $39.99 a month and having access to all the games, but not being able to participate in the coin op tournaments.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

We have some used minis and panorama units in the 4200-4500 range. They can then be played as is or upgraded to reloaded.

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Is that a custom cab?

I don't think so , it was exactly what I remembered playing in the pub .
It came with brand new guns and leather gun holsters .
I love the game but after a while it was predictable , I pretty much got perfect games on most of the levels . That's why I like pinball so much , it's unpredictable .

IMG_20210404_002723 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_002723 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_002748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_002748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_002826 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_002826 (resized).jpg
#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Best to call play mechanix to figure this out. Essentially you could run it on stock freeplay which gives you the 5 base animals and bonus courses, or you could run it in "home edition" online which means paying $39.99 a month and having access to all the games, but not being able to participate in the coin op tournaments.

Thank you!

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We have some used minis and panorama units in the 4200-4500 range. They can then be played as is or upgraded to reloaded.

How much does an upgrade to Reloaded run?

#1129 3 years ago

Thanks for the additional pics. That’s cool, never seen one like that in Canada

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Thanks for the additional pics. That’s cool, never seen one like that in Canada

I was told it came from the USA but who knows . Big buck hunter is probably the best shooting game ever , though I did love Lethal enforcers .

IMG_20210404_012205 (resized).jpgIMG_20210404_012205 (resized).jpg
#1131 3 years ago

It's free. They have to mail you a USB stick though.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

They are free. You will get a USB flash drive to upgrade your software and a new translite. In order to play the newer games (duck dynasty, terminator, monster island, etc) you'll either put it online for a monthly fee or buy the expansion games outright (650-1300 or title).

1 week later
#1133 3 years ago

Not that is matters much since Pinside was down...

Week 15:

jalpert - 35,439
eharan - 30,891

#1134 3 years ago

Week 16:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002026

A few caveats:

1 week later
#1135 2 years ago

Week 16:

jalpert - 38,625
eharan - 32,459
turbo20lbs - 29,956
twenty84 - 24,575

#1136 2 years ago

Week 17:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002026

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.Week 16:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002027

A few caveats:

#1137 2 years ago

thanks for keeping this going! I know a lot of people are enjoying it.

#1138 2 years ago

Nothing like an official card to make an average player feel like a pro

So much faster to login and .... it makes me want to get better

20210424_103219 (resized).jpg20210424_103219 (resized).jpg
#1139 2 years ago

Now you can login to showdown!

Quoted from MT45:

So much faster to login and .... it makes me want to get better[quoted image]

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I have been trying to figure out how to get a card. Can you share the process for getting a card?
Thanks!
Ed

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have been trying to figure out how to get a card. Can you share the process for getting a card?
Thanks!
Ed

It was a mystery to me too - see images below
Go to BBH website
Click on "Register" upper right
You'll see the "we got it" message
Wait for your confirmation email
Wait a few weeks for the card!

BBH Register 1 (resized).PNGBBH Register 1 (resized).PNGBBH Register 2 (resized).PNGBBH Register 2 (resized).PNG
#1142 2 years ago

What do you guys think about all easy sites next week? So we can see how high we can get our scores?

Or more randoms?

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What do you guys think about all easy sites next week? So we can see how high we can get our scores?
Or more randoms?

As an average player I would vote for a week of "easy"!

#1144 2 years ago

Week 17:

jalpert - 26,274
eharan - 25,758
twenty84 - 23,000

#1145 2 years ago

Week 18:

Let's see if we can put up some monster scores, all easy this week! More restrictions, 5-6 dupes but all replaced with next easiest site as apposed to hardest. Also, there is no skill level for the bonus games so I picked the 3 which I think are the easiest.

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002028

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) ALL EASY and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.Week 16:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002027

A few caveats:

1 week later
#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So much faster to login and .... it makes me want to get better

Thanks for the info. I received my card yesterday but cant figure out how to use it on my Reloaded machine. It does not seem to work for me.

Instead I have to use the QR code that is on the website after you login...I was hoping this would include a QR code for logging in but seems its just the magnetic strip on the back and I cant get that to work on my Reloaded mini cabinet. Anyone have any luck using this card on one of the new Reloaded machines?

Thanks!
Ed

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 18:

Let's see if we can put up some monster scores, all easy this week! More restrictions, 5-6 dupes but all replaced with next easiest site as apposed to hardest. Also, there is no skill level for the bonus games so I picked the 3 which I think are the easiest.

Jalpert....you seem to be the only one putting up monster scores!

Are you going to set up another tourney for this week? Maybe we should have them run for 2 weeks to try and get more participation. It looked like it was just you and me last week!

Thanks
Ed

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Are you going to set up another tourney for this week? Maybe we should have them run for 2 weeks to try and get more participation. It looked like it was just you and me last week!
Thanks
Ed

Just a recommendation

Include zombie deer and limit the number of plays. Sometimes just one. It helps level the playfield. If you have a bad game that's your only shot for that week.

#1149 2 years ago

I am!

Super crazy couple of days.

Quoted from eharan:

Thanks
Ed

#1150 2 years ago

So, I would absolutely considering limiting the number of plays, but there is no option for that.

However, we are all decent people here, we can try that on the honor system. Should work unless someone REALLY wants to win.

Also, we can try zombie deer.

Quoted from Timfenske11:

Just a recommendation
Include zombie deer and limit the number of plays. Sometimes just one. It helps level the playfield. If you have a bad game that's your only shot for that week.

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.