(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 35.
#1051 3 years ago

Thanks! I believe I had 2 runs of 5 perfects, maybe one was 6. Lots of room for improvement still.

Quoted from eharan:

Jalpert, you are killing it! Did you have perfect sites all through

Bring it on!

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I’m gonna cook up some suggestions to Raw Thrills for future Classic upgrades. Pm me or post here if you have suggestions that you want me to pass on to them.
Things I’d like to see,
-Global Tourneys for Classic Subscribers
-Classic “scorecard” like in pro mode (this is like a golf scorecard for all your adventures)
-Classic Hunter Hero leaderboards - tired of seeing Drew Baldcock’s name everywhere.

I would also like to see them get rid of the 30 second timer and allow us to login to classic with our phone number and birthday like on pro.

#1053 3 years ago

Also would be nice if we could scroll through the high scores for the hunts, just like pinball.

#1054 3 years ago

Sometimes my game goes blank and unresponsive. Like it freezes up or something. I haven't seen it happen but I will come back the the screen is blank and won't do anything. If I turn it off wait like 30 seconds it will boot up and play normally. I checked the troubleshooting section in the manual but that didn't suggest anything. Any ideas?

It's a BBH Panaroma with the Reloaded software

Thanks

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Sometimes my game goes blank and unresponsive. Like it freezes up or something. I haven't seen it happen but I will come back the the screen is blank and won't do anything. If I turn it off wait like 30 seconds it will boot up and play normally. I checked the troubleshooting section in the manual but that didn't suggest anything. Any ideas?
Thanks

Does it do this during gameplay or attract mode? Is it always in the same spot (if so, then I would think bad hard drive).

#1056 3 years ago

How is the skill level/difficulty setup on BBH? The higher the Trek number, the harder it gets per animal? Or are certain animals considered harder than others ?

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Does it do this during gameplay or attract mode? Is it always in the same spot (if so, then I would think bad hard drive).

I think it's always in attract mode. It has never happened during game play. When it goes through the initial file test it's fine.

What do I do to replace the hard drive? Is it possible to upgrade it to a ssd or is that not worth the time?

Also Christopher do you sell the terminator salvation topper that goes on the HD panorama

Thanks

Thanks

#1058 3 years ago

Not sure if this is what you are seeing but here is what mine does.

When it finds a software update it tries to reboot but can’t. Just a black screen.

I power cycle, it boots fine and upgrades fine.

Is this what’s happening to you?

Quoted from Timfenske11:

Thanks

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not sure if this is what you are seeing but here is what mine does.
When it finds a software update it tries to reboot but can’t. Just a black screen.
I power cycle, it boots fine and upgrades fine.
Is this what’s happening to you?

I don't think so

Mine is on 9.33 I think. Which is the latest software.

If I clone the drive that is in it that would potentially fix any hard drive hardware issue?

In theory this can be done with any hard drive since the dingle handles the encryption?

Sorry for all the questions guys. First true "arcade" game

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I think it's always in attract mode. It has never happened during game play. When it goes through the initial file test it's fine.
What do I do to replace the hard drive? Is it possible to upgrade it to a ssd or is that not worth the time?
Also Christopher do you sell the terminator salvation topper that goes on the HD panorama
Thanks
Thanks

Yes, you can put in an ssd drive. You might get some performance boost on boot up, but probably nothing else.

Essentially you will take the old drive out, I install the new drive, insert the usb drive with the reloaded software on it, and let the system load everything for you.

Yes, we have the toppers. $99 plus shipping.

#1061 3 years ago

It’s a PC running Ubuntu Linux so standard PC troubleshooting applies.

Black screen could be so many things...

Quoted from Timfenske11:

I don't think so
Mine is on 9.33 I think. Which is the latest software.
If I clone the drive that is in it that would potentially fix any hard drive hardware issue?
In theory this can be done with any hard drive since the dingle handles the encryption?
Sorry for all the questions guys. First true "arcade" game

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s a PC running Ubuntu Linux so standard PC troubleshooting applies.
Black screen could be so many things...

That's what I figured. Just some proprietary items and encryption items. I will start with the hard drive then go to the video card if I still have problems. Is there a list of compatible video cards somewhere?

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

How is the skill level/difficulty setup on BBH? The higher the Trek number, the harder it gets per animal? Or are certain animals considered harder than others ?

Yea it scales up. The difficulty in my opinion is much harder than the other non HD games due to the higher resolution.

White tail seemed quite difficult, same as Elk but I can’t say for sure.

#1064 3 years ago

So interested in opinions. Is the new BB Reloaded mini integrated cabinet a huge upgrade on the the Big Buck Wild mini? I'm debating whether to save up for a new Reloaded or go with a used Wild (which I know can be upgraded with the Reloaded software).

#1065 3 years ago

I bought a new Reloaded panorama, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I’m having so much more fun with it than I thought I would.

Buy a used game and save the money.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'm debating whether to save up for a new Reloaded or go with a used Wild (which I know can be upgraded with the Reloaded software).

#1066 3 years ago

Just set up my new Reloaded Panorama - Thanks to KingPinGames for the easy transaction!

Joining the tournament and about to go get my game on!

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So interested in opinions. Is the new BB Reloaded mini integrated cabinet a huge upgrade on the the Big Buck Wild mini? I'm debating whether to save up for a new Reloaded or go with a used Wild (which I know can be upgraded with the Reloaded software).

The mini changed much more than the panorama. Has integrated led t molding and a different design. With that being said the upgrade to reloaded is "free". It all depends on your budget. A new machine is exactly that. It hasn't been routed and has a warranty. All the boards, components, computer and monitor are new.

I would do the same thing I did. Buy a used panorama. Install a new TV, deep clean the inside of the machine, add the terminator topper and enjoy the new content and the tournament jalpert hosts. I need more people to compete with me for last!

#1068 3 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball are now dealers of Raw Thrills products, as well as ICE and Valley Dynamo stuff! We are excited to start creating Arcade content for you all. First, a damn addictive game that I love!

NEW SDTM EPISODE!!!
NEW GAME!!!
NEW FOCUS!!!

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Arcade Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay (Raw Thrills, 2020)

#1069 3 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Gameplay w/Direct Capture!

Are you a good shot? What’s your favorite animal to hunt? Have you ever completed the Trifecta One-Shot Kill on a run?

Buy yours at Flip N Out Pinball!
flipnoutpinball.com

#1070 3 years ago

Join the tournament. Show off everything the thing can do!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Are you a good shot? What’s your favorite animal to hunt? Have you ever completed the Trifecta One-Shot Kill on a run?
flipnoutpinball.com

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

You should probably speak to the home subscription model too, that is very good value add-on for the game.

No marksman awards yet. Shame on me

#1072 3 years ago

NEW SDTM DIRECT CAPTURE GAMEPLAY VIDEO

Zach plays some Terminator: Salvation on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded arcade machine by Raw Thrills

How far can you get on three lives?

flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

#1073 3 years ago

SDTM Gameplay: In Case Of Monsters - Lost Island on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Arcade Machine (Raw Thrills, 2020)

More BBHR gameplay and again, we practice the SDTM Rule - 3 LIVES ONLY!

How far can you get on 3 lives?

#1074 3 years ago

I was asked by someone to slow down adding content to this thread. So if people aren’t wanting BBH content added just let me know and I’ll piss off haha. I’m just excited about digging into this machine and figured the more content the better.

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I was asked by someone to slow down adding content to this thread. So if people aren’t wanting BBH content added just let me know and I’ll piss off haha. I’m just excited about digging into this machine and figured the more content the better.

For me rather enjoy them though I don’t think you need to publish them in the other 8 threads lol. Less can be more. Great work

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I was disappointed to see wifey not in BBH "trail guide" attire during the unboxing.

Love this take on the Arcade1up review.

#1077 3 years ago

Hello! Would anyone happen to be selling a Big Buck World dongle? I would be upgrading from a Big Buck Hunter Pro.

Thank you!

#1078 3 years ago

Ok this mode is freakin' HARD!

How well do you handle the Zombie Deerpocalypse?!?!

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hello! Would anyone happen to be selling a Big Buck World dongle? I would be upgrading from a Big Buck Hunter Pro.
Thank you!

Good luck. I've been looking for one for the past 18 months.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

The mini changed much more than the panorama. Has integrated led t molding and a different design. With that being said the upgrade to reloaded is "free". It all depends on your budget. A new machine is exactly that. It hasn't been routed and has a warranty. All the boards, components, computer and monitor are new.
I would do the same thing I did. Buy a used panorama. Install a new TV, deep clean the inside of the machine, add the terminator topper and enjoy the new content and the tournament jalpert hosts. I need more people to compete with me for last!

How much is the Terminator topper?... or is that part of the free upgrade?

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How much is the Terminator topper?... or is that part of the free upgrade?

I got one from Chris at #KingPinGames for I think $99. Really a nice piece and in the world of toppers a great price lol.

#1082 3 years ago

So I'm interested in opinions on premium content. Is Duck Dynasty any good? Which is the best of the group?

Also, if you buy both animal packs (#1 & #2), is it $500 apiece ($1k) or $750 apiece?

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I'm interested in opinions on premium content. Is Duck Dynasty any good? Which is the best of the group?
Also, if you buy both animal packs (#1 & #2), is it $500 apiece ($1k) or $750 apiece?

I will let the King respond to that don't know pricing. Will say I rather like the Duck Dynasty just because its a fun theme and a bit funny. Guests like it also. The terminator is fun but honestly a total workout! lol Not fun to me. Not to sell for him but last I checked he had Several lightly used BH games on his floor at great prices. My used game looked almost new. Worth it as they are not the ideal NIB type purchase and used is a good use of funds.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Toppers are $99 plus shipping.

Premium content is per game.

Best thing you can do is pay the $40 a month subscription, play all the games, then decide if you want to buy them outright. Each addon game varies from $650-$1300, so even at the cheap end you are still looking at 16 month subscription before breaking even. If you do the subscription you can also participate in the online tournaments and have access to all (including any new content).

Let me know if you have any other questions

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am not a fan of any of the Reloaded content. 99% of the time we are playing the animal hunts.

#1086 3 years ago

Week 10:

1.) Jalpert - 33,965
2.) eharan - 33,841
3.) BladesOfSteel - 32,377
4.) twenty84 - 30,132
5.) turbo20lbs - 26,107
6.) timfenske11 - 24,401
7.) MT45 (you're back!) - 22,540
8.) ? player - 21.718
9.) liam20lbs - 18,978

Good competition this week! If you are one of the "? player" and you'd like to check in, great. If not, that is 100% okay as well.

#1087 3 years ago

Week 10:

One duplicate changed this week.

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002009
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1088 3 years ago

Thanks for setting this up Jalpert. I was the 32,377 score for future reference.

#1089 3 years ago

Thanks again Jalpert! You are killing it with leading the leaderboard every week! We need to get Zach from Flip N Out in the tourney. Great to see a lot of new players this week!

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 10:
One duplicate changed this week.
If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002009
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

Are you up for limiting number of plays? I sometimes want to do more but feel it's "cheating" after awhile. Regardless of how I do. Was thinking 3 try limit.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:Are you up for limiting number of plays? I sometimes want to do more but feel it's "cheating" after awhile. Regardless of how I do. Was thinking 3 try limit.

I like that idea even one chance and also zombie deer once and awhile.

#1092 3 years ago

I’m interested in getting a new Big Buck Hunter reloaded for my brewery location. As an operator, How much does it cost to have it on route? Are the fees per play/per month?

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m interested in getting a new Big Buck Hunter reloaded for my brewery location. As an operator, How much does it cost to have it on route? Are the fees per play/per month?

Great question, you can buy online and pay per play for route, so if it’s not played you don’t pay. I believe it is 15 cent for BBH and 30 cents for premium content. Pro you split. If you get offline you don’t have to pay fees. Hope that helps! I have machines in stock when you are ready.

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Great question, you can buy online and pay per play for route, so if it’s not played you don’t pay. I believe it is 15 cent for BBH and 30 cents for premium content. Pro you split. If you get offline you don’t have to pay fees. Hope that helps! I have machines in stock when you are ready.
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

So how does raw thrills take their percentage? If a customer puts $1.00 in, does that mean they send you a bill for what you owe them each month? How does that work? Sorry for my questions, I’ve never had anything on route like this. Is there somewhere online to find the details, I’ve been unable to find it in writing. I appreciate the help.

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I like that idea even one chance and also zombie deer once and awhile.

Yeah one chance would work too. Not sure what the do in the real in person tournament, but I'm guessing they don't play the same thing more than once.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

So how does raw thrills take their percentage? If a customer puts $1.00 in, does that mean they send you a bill for what you owe them each month? How does that work? Sorry for my questions, I’ve never had anything on route like this. Is there somewhere online to find the details, I’ve been unable to find it in writing. I appreciate the help.

Yes you would use your coin up account, keep in mind it has credit card on it, so at the end of the day, it’s usually a wash or they owe you.

#1097 3 years ago

I would consider it if I could, but there is no option for that. Oddly, there is an option for minimum number of plays, but not maximum. If you're having fun, play it. It's not cheating. Besides, if you play more and beat some scores, that will just make them want to play more to take their place back.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Are you up for limiting number of plays? I sometimes want to do more but feel it's "cheating" after awhile. Regardless of how I do. Was thinking 3 try limit.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Buck hunter is great game, when it WORKS it does really well. I actually just ordered another one.

keep in mind that premium content is expensive, and I don't believe it transfers if you sell the game to another operator. I bought the first round of stuff (dynasty, zombies), but decided to do the split this last round (terminator, island). Since covid hit right around the time of release. A lot of people play the pro stuff anyway. (I think it just contests, kind of like golden tee... but not 100%, I don't really play the game except to test it.)

let me know, and I can tell you about the issues I've had with mine.

#1099 3 years ago

Week 11:

1.) bladesofsteel - 33,624
2.) jalpert - 31.445
3.) eharan - 29,205
4.) twenty84 - 27.024
5.) Timfenske11 - 21.057

#1100 3 years ago

Week 12:

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002010

A few caveats:

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/22?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.