(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 35.
#1001 3 years ago

Also when you have your tv setup make sure you enable the “game mode”

#1002 3 years ago

The Amazon cheap Webcam works pretty well for scanning. Thanks jalpert for the suggestion !

215F53C4-A432-486A-991A-269EEC1ACC1F (resized).jpeg215F53C4-A432-486A-991A-269EEC1ACC1F (resized).jpeg

#1003 3 years ago

Glad it worked!

In error, the current tournament didn't end yesterday but ends today. I'll set a new one up tomorrow and not today.

Quoted from Boat:

The Amazon cheap Webcam works pretty well for scanning. Thanks jalpert for the suggestion !

#1004 3 years ago

Week 7:

1.) jalpert - 33,087*
2.) eharan - 31,242
3.) twenty84 - 27,824
4.) timfenske11 - 18.295

My score deserves an asterisk. As of when the tournament should have ended, I was 3rd place. I had some time last night, and ended up in an illegitimate 1st

#1005 3 years ago

Week 8:
If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002003
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1006 3 years ago

For what its worth, I asked Brandon @raw thrills to be able to allow all home users (Canada inclusive) to tournaments as they are region locked for now. Might be a while or not implemented at all. But doesn't hurt to ask!

#1007 3 years ago

I bought this Webcam at Walmart for 16 dollars. Registers and scans qr codes in the utilities but I can't get it to work in game? I try to scan a qr code when it's asking me to swipe my card. Is there a setting I need to turn on or something I am doing wrong?

20210212_140757 (resized).jpg20210212_140757 (resized).jpg
#1008 3 years ago

This could be a dumb question, but what screen are you trying to log in at? If you are logging into classic mode, there is just the subtle changing of the username in the upper left, very little indication that you logged in.

Does your webcam have a light? When you get to a screen you are expecting to login at, does the light on the webcam turn on?

Have you tried different screens? Maybe try logging in during attract mode, for classic etc.

None of that should make a difference, but if you can see through the camera in the test menu, and you see the QR code detections increment in test while showing QR codes, I think you should be good.

Also, are you are plugging in the camera before booting? Are you using a USB extension cable? Are you using the USB port in the front of the game, or plugging directly into the PC from the back?

Keep in mind, you cannot login to Showdown with a QR code, or with the keypad. The only way to login to Showdown is via card swipe.

Quoted from Timfenske11:

I bought this Webcam at Walmart for 16 dollars. Registers and scans qr codes in the utilities but I can't get it to work in game? I try to scan a qr code when it's asking me to swipe my card. Is there a setting I need to turn on or something I am doing wrong?
[quoted image]

#1009 3 years ago

Hi guys,
I just purchased a BBH reloaded mini. Due next wednesday. I'm most excited for the expanded content (monsters island, terminator, etc). Is there a way to do a one time purchase for this content rather than to continue to pay $40 per month? (IE purchase one of the games you really like for $500-$750) Also I did want the online version mostly for updates but is there somewhere I can check or download most up to date softfare?

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,
I just purchased a BBH reloaded mini. Due next wednesday. I'm most excited for the expanded content (monsters island, terminator, etc). Is there a way to do a one time purchase for this content rather than to continue to pay $40 per month? (IE purchase one of the games you really like for $500-$750) Also I did want the online version mostly for updates but is there somewhere I can check or download most up to date softfare?

Hopefully you work your arms out a lot, pumping the gun for every single shot in the expanded content is a real killer! Terminator is my fav, but I can only play it once a day at most!

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Is there a way to do a one time purchase for this content rather than to continue to pay $40 per month?

If you order a offline game it comes with everything without having to pay 40 a month.

I would recommend playing everything, and then decide what games you want to purchase once you go offline.

Any dealer that sells the games should be able to get you the software also.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This could be a dumb question, but what screen are you trying to log in at? If you are logging into classic mode, there is just the subtle changing of the username in the upper left, very little indication that you logged in.
Does your webcam have a light? When you get to a screen you are expecting to login at, does the light on the webcam turn on?
Have you tried different screens? Maybe try logging in during attract mode, for classic etc.
None of that should make a difference, but if you can see through the camera in the test menu, and you see the QR code detections increment in test while showing QR codes, I think you should be good.
Also, are you are plugging in the camera before booting? Are you using a USB extension cable? Are you using the USB port in the front of the game, or plugging directly into the PC from the back?
Keep in mind, you cannot login to Showdown with a QR code, or with the keypad. The only way to login to Showdown is via card swipe.

Okay so here is what I found. After I did the test plugged into the front USB port I put the camera inside the game behind the coin mechs. At some point it froze and stopped working. I didn't know this when I got it back out and tried to log into classic mode.

I didn't realize that you had to use the card to log into showdown (replacement on the way, lost it since I didn't play for years)

Classic mode is right after you enter player name.

Pinside tournament was the easiest.

The web cam is VERY sensative and needs to be adjusted to work the best. It gets easier once you figure out what angle and bout how far away you need to scan.

After all is said and done. It's usable and worth the 16 dollars.

Thanks for the help

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,

I would suggest just doing the 40/month unless you have poor internet. It would take a long time to get to the cost of buying the additional content. Plus you get everything and all the animals/sites

Playing against others and online real-time is really fun. Something I never thought I would like

The additional content is fun but on freeplay it does get repetitive after awhile since you don't lose. So we won't play and then we will. It's geared towards coin op to make people keep adding credits.

The home support is fabulous so I have to think they will keep adding content and features.

Plus the pinside tournament is fun. Even though I'm last every time!

#1014 3 years ago

As others have said , go online, see what you like, and don’t buy what you don’t.

Here is a ballpark idea of what everything costs:

Standard:
5 Animal Hunts with 3 Treks Each + Bonus Games

Optional Upgrades:

Wild Pack 1: Irish Elk, Big Horn Sheep, and Gemsbok-$750 ($500 if combined with ANY Premium content)

Wild Pack 2: Buckzilla and Zombies-$750 ($500 if combined with ANY Premium content)

PREMIUM CONTENT

Duck Dynasty-$625
In Case of Zombies-$1,249
In Case of Monsters-$1,249
Terminator Salvation-$1,249
Fully Loaded with all Animal Hunts and Premium Content: $9,495

Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,

Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,

#1015 3 years ago

Also. With the $40/mo online fee you can:

-Participate in our small but generally pleasing tournament

-Play Showdows. Live, real time 4 player online matches. When nobody else is playing (which is the majority of the time) you play against past rounds. It’s a good mode. Also, there is a group of players that coordinate via discord and Facebook that I’ve played with many times. Even had some 4 player live games and tons of 2 and 3 player games.

-Login to casual mode and track detailed stats with leaderboards. This also lets you participate in special events.

But I’ll be the first to say. I was really looking forward to the Reloaded content and I hate about all of it. Firing as fast as I can isn’t appealing to me, but most are just so short. Like 15 minutes short.

However, the main game is so much more addictive than I ever thought it would be. There is a reason this game has been around for 20 years.

And, the Buck Hunter community is Amazing. AMAZING. People are so laid back, and helpful, way better than Golden Tee and also pinball .

Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,

#1016 3 years ago

How do you know if you're playing truly live vs. pre-recorded entry on Showdown?

#1017 3 years ago

If there is 18 seconds left on the timer, all players after that will be pre-recorded.

Also, at the end of the round, anyone who says “finishing the hunt” and doesn’t immediately show you a score is real.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

How do you know if you're playing truly live vs. pre-recorded entry on Showdown?

#1018 3 years ago

Dupe.

#1019 3 years ago

I would like to echo that the reloaded content doesn’t last the test of time. That being said, Raw Thrills says they moved to a subscription model so they could continually release content so we will see if that is the case.

#1020 3 years ago

100% sure they will release content. How much of that content will be reloaded content and how much will be new animal hunts and modes remains to be seen.

Quoted from Boat:

I would like to echo that the reloaded content doesn’t last the test of time. That being said, Raw Thrills says they moved to a subscription model so they could continually release content so we will see if that is the case.

#1021 3 years ago

I was worried about the need for pumping the shotgun to stay loaded in the more fast pace reloaded content, is there a way to disable it so you can just free shoot without reloading the gun? I can imagine it would be really annoying to keep pumping for a game like terminator. Also it seems super steep for $1200 to add software for a 15 minute game!! Has anyone tried loading other games to the cabinet or does the software prohibit this? Also I was wondering if you guys still feel the $40 a month for extra content is worth it if most of those games have lost their luster so to speak after initial plays?

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I was worried about the need for pumping the shotgun to stay loaded in the more fast pace reloaded content, is there a way to disable it so you can just free shoot without reloading the gun? I can imagine it would be really annoying to keep pumping for a game like terminator. Also it seems super steep for $1200 to add software for a 15 minute game!! Has anyone tried loading other games to the cabinet or does the software prohibit this? Also I was wondering if you guys still feel the $40 a month for extra content is worth it if most of those games have lost their luster so to speak after initial plays?

You can disable the pump to reload in the operator settings.

Agree on the price of the reloaded software for what you get.

I have stated quite a few times on this thread about the value for the monthly fee and I’m sure people are sick of it. That being said the v33 classic mode with the stat tracking, animal packs, tournaments, etc is well worth the 40 a month.

If it wasn’t for covid I would be having my 3 close friends over once a month to enjoy the game with me.

That being said I wish they still had that “scorecard” thing where you can see all your high scores at a glance. I remember Indusguys filled his out on an earlier version when we had access to pro, that was a nice feature too. Not sure if it’s still in.

Oh and you can’t load games but I was thinking about getting a sinden light gun with a raspberry Pi and adding house of the dead, with the pano cabinet it’s easy to run an HDMI to the tv. Not sure about the reloaded mini

#1023 3 years ago

Reloaded content aside, to have all the animals is $1,500.

5 years from now you will spend $2,400 for online.

Over 5 years you are only really spending $900.

For $900 you get showdown, tournaments, stats, and events.

But, you also get everything they come out with new over that 5 years.

Take it online, see what you like and what you don’t.

I plan on staying online because I like the connectivity aspects. Also, after covid with more people over, the reloaded content could be fun for guests.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Agree on the price of the reloaded software for what you get.
I have stated quite a few times on this thread about the value for the monthly fee and I’m sure people are sick of it. That being said the v33 classic mode with the stat tracking, animal packs, tournaments, etc is well worth the 40 a month.
If it wasn’t for covid I would be having my 3 close friends over once a month to enjoy the game with me.
That being said I wish they still had that “scorecard” thing where you can see all your high scores at a glance. I remember indusguys filled his out on an earlier version when we had access to pro, that was a nice feature too. Not sure if it’s still in.

I really miss the score card!!! That way you can try to beat your best for each trek. I think we should get access to the exact same options Pro offers.

#1025 3 years ago

Where? I can’t find it.

Quoted from Boat:

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Where? I can’t find it.

Oh crap, that might have been on my world cabinet, not the HD, sorry.

#1027 3 years ago

Anyone have an idea how to disable it on the HD?

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone have an idea how to disable it on the HD?

I don’t think you can.

#1029 3 years ago

That was the first thing I turned off on the arcade1up cab. Prolly turn it back on once I get better.

#1030 3 years ago

Which makes sense. That would mess up all the leaderboards.

They’d have to not record scores with that option enabled, and they have other stuff to do.

However, it would be nice if it were game
Specific, like for terminator.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I don’t think you can.

#1031 3 years ago

Week 8 results:

1.) jalpert - 32,772
2.) eharan - 28,431
3.) twenty84 - 25,544
4.) timfenske11 - 23,530

Thanks for playing week after week. With enough persistence I bet we get another 2 or 3 people to play.

#1032 3 years ago

Week 9:
If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002005
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

1.) jalpert - 32,772
2.) eharan - 28,431
3.) twenty84 - 25,544
4.) timfenske11 - 23,530

jalpert...another really strong week for you...you are on a roll!

Thanks again for keeping these tournaments going..it's a lot of fun!

#1034 3 years ago

Panorma Reloaded owners! Can you please get me the part number of your translite? I can't get this from anyone at Raw Thrills or Betson. It should be right there on the front, probably right side. That's where it is on my Mini version.Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1035 3 years ago

Not an easy pic...

B464B482-0913-449E-8211-BC5F74B9FA2E (resized).jpegB464B482-0913-449E-8211-BC5F74B9FA2E (resized).jpeg
#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not an easy pic...[quoted image]

Thanks I'll see if I can make this work.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Thanks I'll see if I can make this work.

If you need a part let me know.

#1038 3 years ago

We have one new person. I have no idea who it is, which is 100% fine, let me know if you want to be included in the scores I post here. Otherwise, your privacy will be respected.

Quoted from eharan:

jalpert...another really strong week for you...you are on a roll!
Thanks again for keeping these tournaments going..it's a lot of fun!

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We have one new person. I have no idea who it is, which is 100% fine, let me know if you want to be included in the scores I post here. Otherwise, your privacy will be respected.

I have been trying to get in this tournament for a while but just always get too busy on the weekends with kids, life.

This is the weekend! Thanks for setting this up!

#1040 3 years ago

Week 9:

1.) Jalpert - 36,353
2.) turbo20lbs - 29,346
3.) eharan - 24,461
4.) Timfenske11 - 23,426
5.) Liam - 21,858

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 9:
1.) Jalpert - 36,353
2.) ? Player - 29,346
3.) eharan - 24,461
4.) Timfenske11 - 23,426
5.) ? Player - 21,858

I forgot to play in this one. Bring on the next tournament.

#1042 3 years ago

You got it!

Quoted from twenty84:

I forgot to play in this one. Bring on the next tournament.

Week 10:

No dupes this week.

2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002006

A few caveats:

#1043 3 years ago

I’m gonna cook up some suggestions to Raw Thrills for future Classic upgrades. Pm me or post here if you have suggestions that you want me to pass on to them.

Things I’d like to see,

-Global Tourneys for Classic Subscribers
-Classic “scorecard” like in pro mode (this is like a golf scorecard for all your adventures)
-Classic Hunter Hero leaderboards - tired of seeing Drew Baldcock’s name everywhere.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 9:
1.) Jalpert - 36,353
2.) ? Player - 29,346
3.) eharan - 24,461
4.) Timfenske11 - 23,426
5.) ? Player - 21,858

David is me. Liam is my 7 year old.

#1045 3 years ago

Cool. Fixed.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

David is me. Liam is my 7 year old.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 9:
1.) Jalpert - 36,353
2.) turbo20lbs - 29,346
3.) eharan - 24,461
4.) Timfenske11 - 23,426
5.) Liam - 21,858

Jalpert, you are killing it! Did you have perfect sites all through

#1047 3 years ago

What’s streeet price on BBh reloaded mini? Recommended distributors near pittsburgh?

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

What’s streeet price on BBh reloaded mini? Recommended distributors near pittsburgh?

Why, do you like paying tax? Just reach out to Chris KingPinGames

#1049 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I have them in stock and happy to help! We are an authorized dealer.
https://pinballpro.net/shop/big-buck-hunter-hd-offline-mini-arcade-game/

Greg
Pinballpro.com

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/21?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.