(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 35.
#51 7 years ago

I need to upgrade my BBH HD to add zombies and duck dynasty. Anybody recommend a vendor? Hate paying retail.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

just figured out in zombies you dont have to pump the gun ,just trigger .

I just go zombies and I still have to pump the gun. Is there somewhere in settings to change this? It is really tough with pumping.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

I need to upgrade my BBH HD to add zombies and duck dynasty. Anybody recommend a vendor? Hate paying retail.

I buy my bbh parts through betson, but not sure what they'd charge for the expansion.

1 week later
#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I just go zombies and I still have to pump the gun. Is there somewhere in settings to change this? It is really tough with pumping.

Bump! I still need some help on this. Thanks, Mike

#55 7 years ago

I have a location that I want to place an hd in,I have negotiated the space to allow for the largest monitor 80" if I go that way.Anybody have any latest info/results/advice on the best sized monitor to go with?I've read there was some calibration problems with the larger monitors and thought maybe downsizing to a 65" might be a safer and slightly cheaper option.I really want this thing to be a showpiece,Plan on going online and hope the new content stream/updates will be worth it in the long run.I have about a month before I order the machine itself so a little time to ponder this.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

I have a location that I want to place an hd in,I have negotiated the space to allow for the largest monitor 80" if I go that way.Anybody have any latest info/results/advice on the best sized monitor to go with?I've read there was some calibration problems with the larger monitors and thought maybe downsizing to a 65" might be a safer and slightly cheaper option.I really want this thing to be a showpiece,Plan on going online and hope the new content stream/updates will be worth it in the long run.I have about a month before I order the machine itself so a little time to ponder this.

Also things go consider besides coin drop. Who will turn the machine off, what happens if it breaks and the LCD that comes with is usually industrial grade, I know you can drop a different one on though.

#57 7 years ago

"Also things to consider besides coin drop. Who will turn the machine off, what happens if it breaks and the LCD that comes with is usually industrial grade, I know you can drop a different one on though."

It will break sooner or later,Just trying to make the best choice possible on the monitor the first time around.As far as turning it off goes you have to plan on your machine being on a 24/7 suicide mission if your a route op.I put digital timers in many of my locations to give them as much down time as possible.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

"Also things to consider besides coin drop. Who will turn the machine off, what happens if it breaks and the LCD that comes with is usually industrial grade, I know you can drop a different one on though."
It will break sooner or later,Just trying to make the best choice possible on the monitor the first time around.As far as turning it off goes you have to plan on your machine being on a 24/7 suicide mission if your a route op.I put digital timers in many of my locations to give them as much down time as possible.

Oh, you know/do route, ya you know whats up then.

2 months later
#59 7 years ago

Mine came with a 42 inch monitor and looking no to upgrade. Looking for a recommendation for a monitor in the 65 to 70 inch range. Any recommendations?

Also anyone install the latest update? I am looking at doing so this weekend and was wondering what everyone thought. Thanks, Mike

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Mine came with a 42 inch monitor and looking no to upgrade. Looking for a recommendation for a monitor in the 65 to 70 inch range. Any recommendations?
Also anyone install the latest update? I am looking at doing so this weekend and was wondering what everyone thought. Thanks, Mike

In theory, most LCD monitor/tv's will work.

Here is the manual, page 7 is the display info
http://www.bmigaming.com/Games/Manuals/raw-thrills/big-buck-hd-32-42-panorama-video-arcade-game-service-manual-raw-thrills.pdf

quick reference quote:
"Purchase a Monitor
Monitor selection is vital to game performance. This is due not only to visual quality but more importantly due to input latency. A high input latency can cause a noticeable delay between a player’s input and its effect onscreen. It is advisable to avoid using low end models or older models. They may be cheaper, but the price can come at a cost in performance. Similarly, high end models may have additional features that negatively impact input latency. Look for a display built with gaming in mind, such as those with a game mode setting. Consult with the manufacturer and/or vendor to find a suitable low input latency monitor. Consult monitor manual and/or manufacturer to setup and configure display for low input latency.
At minimum, monitor should be a 1080p flat panel ranging from 42” to 55” with HDMI input. It is strongly recommended to use a display with a game mode.
Note – Not all monitors have GAME MODE. Refer to monitor manual for confirmation.
Note – Not all monitors with GAME MODE have acceptable input latency.
Requirements
1080p
HDMI input
Monitor weight does not exceed 120 lbs
A list of approved monitors can be found at http://rawthrills.com/
Consult your distributor for further assistance in finding an acceptable monitor."

The LCD's they come with are Commercial grade, they are NOT your bestbuy/costco tv. Yes, commercial grade will be a price shock, however they are much better for this. Do you have to use one? no, but you may want to consider it for lag and such.

#61 7 years ago

When I looked in the past that list of monitors was pretty old and I could not find any. Maybe I will give it another shot. Thanks, Mike

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

When I looked in the past that list of monitors was pretty old and I could not find any. Maybe I will give it another shot. Thanks, Mike

Holy crap, rawthrills did update their list. I'm surprised.

Here is their approved list, and it has big monitors... Nice!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oIvZWSvdPwZalnotYfV81Yu2rtG1jd13_jwyYymtddU/edit#gid=6

You should be able to find commercial grade tv's from Betson, or a large distributor like B&H or an online reseller. If you find one you like and still can't find it, let me know I have some contacts in the commercial field that may be able to help.

#63 7 years ago

Cool topic, I just found it. I have this one, an older one bit it works perfect, looks great and has all the games and critters....so I was told. How much is this worth do ya think?

IMGA0093 (resized).JPGIMGA0093 (resized).JPG

IMGA0092 (resized).JPGIMGA0092 (resized).JPG

#64 7 years ago

I looked on betson's site and did not see commercial monitors bigger than 43 inches. Maybe I failed. LOL

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I looked on betson's site and did not see commercial monitors bigger than 43 inches. Maybe I failed. LOL

Looks like their list includes model numbers so you can google them. Some showed up on amazon If it is for a home environment where it won't be on 24/7 then a "consumer grade" won't be a big deal. Hell I would do that if it was in my basement.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oIvZWSvdPwZalnotYfV81Yu2rtG1jd13_jwyYymtddU/edit#gid=6

quick list:

Insignia NS-65D550NA15 65
Samsung UN65JU7500 65
Samsung UN65JS9500 65
Samsung UN65JS9000 65
Samsung UN65JU6700 65
Samsung UN65JU6500 65
Samsung UN65JS8500 65
Sony KDL-65W850C 65
LG 65UF7700 65
LG 65UF8500 65
LG 65EG9600 65
LG 65LGUF8600 65
LG 70LB7100 70
Sharp LC-70UE30U 70
Sharp LC-70UH30U 70
Samsung UN75JU7100 75
Samsung UN75JU6500 75
Samsung UN75J6300 75
Sony XBR75X850C 75
Samsung UN78JU7500 78
Samsung UN78JS9100 78
Samsung UN78JS7600 78
LG 79UF7700 79
Sharp 80UE3OU 80

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool topic, I just found it. I have this one, an older one bit it works perfect, looks great and has all the games and critters....so I was told. How much is this worth do ya think?

So is it a 2player pro, or a real World upgrade? the world kit allowed you to pick Pro open season vs safari at the main screen.

5 months later
#67 6 years ago

I ended up selling my BBH world to bring in a pin. If I get another I’ll want to get the lcd version. That old arcade was so freaking heavy :-p

2 months later
#68 6 years ago

Great thread! OK, so I own some pins, a pool table, and a shuffleboard. I have a nook space screaming for a cool arcade/video game.

Your guys main job is to talk me out of this.

I want to buy a Big Buck Hunter.

From what I can tell, I might be able to get the following games at the following estimated prices, correct me if I am wrong, and again please talk me out of this!

BBH HD Wild, new with Zombie - maybe $6,500
BBH HD Wild, reconditioned - maybe $4,000
BBH Safari, used - maybe $1,500
BBH World, used - maybe $3,000

If you are unsuccessful talking me out of this impulse purchase, which option would you recommend?

#69 6 years ago

A full cab with crt bhh world should be 2000-2400.

A safari is about 1500-1800
A pro is like 1000-1500

SO if you get a pro or safari you can pay ~$600 for the world upgrade.

I’d love an lcd version but if you have a good way to get arcades in, not a big deal.

Also member here kingpin has his own company that sells used equipment so if you want another quote.

#70 6 years ago

I have a world for sale in a safari cabinet. Works great I just don’t play it much. $1750

5FC4BCA5-7439-4ED1-B92E-66BA17702DF3 (resized).jpeg5FC4BCA5-7439-4ED1-B92E-66BA17702DF3 (resized).jpeg
D91E8A83-63EF-47FC-B46C-94D50C071E1C (resized).jpegD91E8A83-63EF-47FC-B46C-94D50C071E1C (resized).jpeg
4F0E4DBA-8DDC-48A0-A7CC-7A6C87B82B44 (resized).jpeg4F0E4DBA-8DDC-48A0-A7CC-7A6C87B82B44 (resized).jpeg
0AB4DA59-7761-428C-AF57-7FBDAB406742 (resized).jpeg0AB4DA59-7761-428C-AF57-7FBDAB406742 (resized).jpeg
E8E157BD-B38D-416F-B9C3-0F0EC835BF08 (resized).jpegE8E157BD-B38D-416F-B9C3-0F0EC835BF08 (resized).jpeg

#71 6 years ago

I have gun problems on mine. 1 has trouble shooting on the edges of the screen and I have calibrated several times. The other gun got beat to shit during a party I had.. The pump is super loose but still works. Game is the older Big Buck World in Safari cabinet. Any suggestions?

#72 6 years ago

Ah, hmm.
Gun 1 with edge shooting issues. Did this recently work?

Gun 2 with pump issue. I would open the gun up and see if the spring broke or became dislodged.

I rebuilt two guns and replaced one. (3 total), so I always had a working one to swap in if something broke. The pump is pretty easy but assembling the gun together again is just a process to make sure parts don’t fall out.

The eye/emitter in the tip can go wonky, you can try to resolver the contacts, or what I did was just buy a new pcb board that goes there. Betson sells all the parts but you have to sign up with them to buy them, like a distributor?. That’s where I ordered all my bbh parts.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I have gun problems on mine. 1 has trouble shooting on the edges of the screen and I have calibrated several times. The other gun got beat to shit during a party I had.. The pump is super loose but still works. Game is the older Big Buck World in Safari cabinet. Any suggestions?

Yeah, don't invite the people anymore that beat it. Sorry to hear that.

#74 6 years ago

Ah come on 99% of the time bbh holds up to massive beatings

#75 6 years ago

The gun with the edge shooting issues has had it since I've bought it. Was using the other gun instead of dealing with it and now with the pump being broken I haven't played the game much at all its frustrating me. I guess I will give a shot at opening up the gun and taking a look.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, don't invite the people anymore that beat it. Sorry to hear that.

Drunk Women.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

The gun with the edge shooting issues has had it since I've bought it. Was using the other gun instead of dealing with it and now with the pump being broken I haven't played the game much at all its frustrating me. I guess I will give a shot at opening up the gun and taking a look.

Drunk Women.

Oh man, should have bought mine, not as pretty but it plays perfect.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Drunk Women.

My green gun did the edge thing, so I bought a new one ( I had two orange guns when I got the game). The new gun was 98% better, also I darkened the monitor a tiny bit.

You’ll need those security torx fyi to open the gun. I think the manual lays out the inside of the gun. If you have that.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man, should have bought mine, not as pretty but it plays perfect.

Well my orange gun worked perfect! lol I like the look of the cabinet for mine too

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I like the look of the cabinet for mine too

Me too. I hope it's an easy fix.

1 month later
#80 6 years ago

Having a difficult time calibrating my guns on the screen. My lower right part of the monitor is the troublesome area. I even have a brand new gun and it still is having a tough time hitting down on the corner. Any ideas?

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Having a difficult time calibrating my guns on the screen. My lower right part of the monitor is the troublesome area. I even have a brand new gun and it still is having a tough time hitting down on the corner. Any ideas?

LED boards?

ebay.com link: 4 New Raw Thrills LED Boards Assy 500 00020 02 Terminator 4 Big Buck

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

LED boards?
ebay.com link » 4 New Raw Thrills Led Boards Assy 500 00020 02 Terminator 4 Big Buck

Looks like these are used for the big display games. I have a 27" Regular Stand up Big Buck World. Are these still used on that monitor?

#83 6 years ago

Guns won’t register, or function
poorly

Bad calibration _____ Calibrate guns.
Dirty/damaged lens _____ Clean gun lens.
Gun disconnected _____ Check connections.
Bad I/O board _____ Replace with known working board.

Got this from a online manual - Far as I can go to help you.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Looks like these are used for the big display games. I have a 27" Regular Stand up Big Buck World. Are these still used on that monitor?

Can you swap the working gun with the non working gun? That might tell you something.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can you swap the working gun with the non working gun? That might tell you something.

Both my guns can't hit the lower target for calibration. Before the Green gun on the left could do it and the old orange gun as well. Now neither can hit it. They both shoot fine for the left top target which is why I'm leaning on a monitor issue.

Quoted from jimjim66:

Guns won’t register, or function
poorly
Bad calibration ____ Calibrate guns.
Dirty/damaged lens ____ Clean gun lens.
Gun disconnected ____ Check connections.
Bad I/O board ____ Replace with known working board.
Got this from a online manual - Far as I can go to help you.

How do I know this is a bad I/O board if I'm still able to get the upper left target and not the lower right?

#86 6 years ago

Your game is a old routed game?

You can try to degauss your monitor, turn the brightness up, also have the cap kit done for the monitor.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Both my guns can't hit the lower target for calibration. Before the Green gun on the left could do it and the old orange gun as well. Now neither can hit it. They both shoot fine for the left top target which is why I'm leaning on a monitor issue.

How do I know this is a bad I/O board if I'm still able to get the upper left target and not the lower right?

I had a similar issue. The monitor was OK but I like nice and clear so I put in a brand new monitor and my problem went away. The monitor has to be good in order for the guns to register. Calibration was constantly off and couldn't calibrate sometimes. Also tried a new gun with no help until I replaced the monitor. Not saying you have to replace it but my guess its related to the monitor so maybe a rebuild is in order.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I had a similar issue. The monitor was OK but I like nice and clear so I put in a brand new monitor and my problem went away. The monitor has to be good in order for the guns to register. Calibration was constantly off and couldn't calibrate sometimes. Also tried a new gun with no help until I replaced the monitor. Not saying you have to replace it but my guess its related to the monitor so maybe a rebuild is in order.

Yeah my bottom inch or so was bad at registering. If I kept the game I would of replaced but at ~$600 ish shipped uffda.

Did a new chassis and rebuilt the guns and it was 98%.

#89 6 years ago

An operator here in Ga. Has a couple of routed , but very nice BBH HD 42 for sale, although he said they will go to auction this weekend. They are fully updated commercial models. Bill acceptors, Duck Dynasty overhangs(if not stolen yet lol),100% ready to play or operate. $3200.00 per, 2 available.

#90 6 years ago

So happy to report I was able to play around with alot of the monitor settings last night since I had some time. I was able to get the game to sense the guns alot better by flattening out the image on the screen and making it just a bit smaller. Hardly can tell a difference and atleast the game is playable again! Thanks for everyone's help and advice.. I pretty relieved that I'm not buying a new monitor... Yet.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

So happy to report I was able to play around with alot of the monitor settings last night since I had some time. I was able to get the game to sense the guns alot better by flattening out the image on the screen and making it just a bit smaller. Hardly can tell a difference and atleast the game is playable again! Thanks for everyone's help and advice.. I pretty relieved that I'm not buying a new monitor... Yet.

That is awesome to hear! Yeah, most the time you can limp a long those routed monitors for a long time!

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That is awesome to hear! Yeah, most the time you can limp a long those routed monitors for a long time!

only 29k plays.. thats why im staring at this thing like why the heck is it breaking down on me when my house of the dead is sitting over there with 300,000 plays with no issue?

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

only 29k plays.. thats why im staring at this thing like why the heck is it breaking down on me when my house of the dead is sitting over there with 300,000 plays with no issue?

Mmmmm hotd, great game!

#94 6 years ago

I love it but it will probably have to go later this year due to space issues. Need more pins!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Pure dumb luck is what it is. How clean is the inside?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Pure dumb luck is what it is. How clean is the inside?

Pretty clean besides normal dust. Kingpin sold me a good quality game. I'm on the lines of the pure dumb luck in this situation I think.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Pretty clean besides normal dust. Kingpin sold me a good quality game. I'm on the lines of the pure dumb luck in this situation I think.

Do you have a world game?

I will recommend upgrading the hard drive to a ssd. It makes loading so much more bearable.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Well I wouldn't exactly say a quality game if you have monitor problems after owning it for just a few months.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I wouldn't exactly say a quality game if you have monitor problems after owning it for just a few months.

It’s a used routed game. It’s pretty common issue, to have to tweak the monitor or touch up the led contacts in the gun. Like pinball, there’s always issues to work on. I bet if he had reached out to Chris directly he would of helped him as well. But you buy old arcade things as is....

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It’s a used routed game. It’s pretty common issue, to have to tweak the monitor or touch up the led contacts in the gun. Like pinball, there’s always issues to work on. I bet if he had reached out to Chris directly he would of helped him as well. But you buy old arcade things as is....

I guess I got lucky with mine then, 2 1/2 years and no problems.

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.