(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.
#901 3 years ago

The bigger the monitor the more important the refresh rate comes into consideration. Larger displays show shadow effects while things move across the display. 120hz is ideal for any TV over 60 inches in my opinion. Just something to consider. Tvs come in 60hz or 120hz
Some newer style exceeds 120hz but that would not be needed in this application. Good luck. Fun Game!

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

You get everything except Bow, and the 5th site of each hunt, I am pretty sure.
I have the offline.

Did you pay for any extra packages/treks? Would be curious what animals you have exactly. Do you have a different bonus round for each Trek or animal ?

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Did you pay for any extra packages/treks? Would be curious what animals you have exactly. Do you have a different bonus round for each Trek or animal ?

No, when you purchase the offline model you do not have to spend another dime, until down the road when they release more hunts, etc. that you may want to add to the game.

There is a different bonus round at the end of each trek. They are all different except Zombie Deer uses some of the same ones.

Off the top of my head (I may forget some), I have zombie deer, buckzilla, bighorn sheep, wildebeest, whitetail deer, moose, kudu, elk, irish elk, and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

#904 3 years ago

and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

gemsbok

#905 3 years ago

No, when you purchase the offline model you do not have to spend another dime, until down the road when they release more hunts, etc. that you may want to add to the game.
There is a different bonus round at the end of each trek. They are all different except Zombie Deer uses some of the same ones.
Off the top of my head (I may forget some), I have zombie deer, buckzilla, bighorn sheep, wildebeest, whitetail deer, moose, kudu, elk, irish elk, and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

Doh getting my terms messed up. Yes so if you bought offline you spent the large lump sum up front. I thought the question was what animals do you get when buying online, but not signing up for online. I know you definitely have BBH HD to some degree then, but not sure what animals.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

you definitely have BBH HD

BBH Reloaded offline is what I have.

I listed the animals included.

#907 3 years ago

Is the Reloaded Monster mode part of offline or an upgrade/subscription item?

#908 3 years ago

If you are offline, you do not need to buy everything. Offline and animal pack 1 are all the animals except two.

Pricing is for base model of game that includes:

5 Animal Hunts with 3 Treks Each + Bonus Games

Optional Upgrades:

Wild Pack 1: Irish Elk, Big Horn Sheep, and Gemsbok-$750 ($500 if combined with ANY Premium content)

Wild Pack 2: Buckzilla and Zombies-$750 ($500 if combined with ANY Premium content)

PREMIUM CONTENT

Duck Dynasty-$625
In Case of Zombies-$1,249
In Case of Monsters-$1,249
Terminator Salvation-$1,249
Fully Loaded with all Animal Hunts and Premium Content: $9,495

#909 3 years ago

Take these prices with a grain of salt, they are just ballpark.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All of these games along with the animals I listed come with it:

Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies
In Case of Monsters
Terminator Salvation

#911 3 years ago

If you are online, you get everything.

If your offline, you get 5 hunts and that’s it. Everything else is separate.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

#912 3 years ago

I have a off line BH HD and I updated to reload. I bought everything but monsters island. How is monster island? Been thinking of buying it.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

How is monster island?

It has the same people in it as In Case Of Zombies, but instead of shooting Zombies it is insects and animals.

Monster Island is my least favorite, but I play them all for variety.

Honestly, we play the Reloaded content about 5% of the time, mostly because all the shooting wears us out in a hurry, and animal hunts 95% of the time.

Honestly I am glad that I have all the offline content, because variety is sweet.

#914 3 years ago

In my opinion, if you have great cable/wifi, or whatever is needed to go with online, I think that is the way to go, and pay the 40.00 a month but get the game for a lot less in the first place.

My coverage is spotty, and being at the end of a dead end street I am last to get all services back after a storm, so that is why I went with offline and spent the extra money up front for a BBH Reloaded mini offline.

Recently my power was out for 3 days, and cable was out 12 days, and landline (yeah still have that), was out for 60 days.

And, when it is all fine and good, signal/connection/whatever, still spotty here.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I have a off line BH HD and I updated to reload. I bought everything but monsters island. How is monster island? Been thinking of buying it.

Don't bother, unless you can get some sweet deal. In Case of Zombies is better.

#916 3 years ago

you guys are becoming very well informed on all of this. when can I put you all on the payroll to sell machines?

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you guys are becoming very well informed on all of this. when can I put you all on the payroll to sell machines?

Just out of curiosity.

How many machines are on location compared to a decade ago?

Are a higher percentage on location or in home?

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Just out of curiosity.
How many machines are on location compared to a decade ago?
Are a higher percentage on location or in home?

there are definitely more games going into home each day. Covid pushed that number up a lot.

With the popularity of the tournaments and championships there have been more games going to location since you have to play on location to participate in these tournaments.

I don't have numbers, but I would say it definitely up!

#919 3 years ago

Close again this week!

1.) Jalpert - 29,856
2.) twenty84 - 29,541
3.) eharan - 27041

#920 3 years ago

Week 6:

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1001997
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it until the tournament is over. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#921 3 years ago

Sorry to take this backwards but can anyone comment on if it is possible to upgrade a Safari to play just Big Buck Pro if you have the dongle, etc? I'd prefer to upgrade it to World but there doesn't seem to be many (if any) dongles/upgrade kits out there.

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ok so it is a dell optiplex 740. The computer boots up with no Y splitter or serial cable. And will boot to the BBH IO Error screen. Once the pc is plugged in, it will stay solid orange at the power light. I brought one of my PSU's and connected that, same problem. New serial cable, verified continuity on Y harness (all good). I'll try configuring the bios at home then plugging it back in, but has anyone seen a watch dog or IO board go bad?

just to post the fix. After all the bios settings were done, the game worked as it should.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sorry to take this backwards but can anyone comment on if it is possible to upgrade a Safari to play just Big Buck Pro if you have the dongle, etc? I'd prefer to upgrade it to World but there doesn't seem to be many (if any) dongles/upgrade kits out there.

Should be able to install the pro software and remove the safari dongle.

#925 3 years ago

VERY exciting:

3BC1240D-151B-4801-921C-84BEE9E1B943 (resized).png3BC1240D-151B-4801-921C-84BEE9E1B943 (resized).png
#926 3 years ago

And. Home users have the fifth site now we WILL be eligible for special events! Here is the first one:

CCEE421D-FD23-4818-8716-359B2B4649F7 (resized).jpegCCEE421D-FD23-4818-8716-359B2B4649F7 (resized).jpeg
#927 3 years ago

In order to participate in the event, all you have to do is play while you’re logged in. If you’re logged in they can see your score and your participation will count.

#928 3 years ago

This is so awesome, we couldn’t be happier, this is a game changer!

#929 3 years ago

It's huge. And it came so much faster than I thought it would. This is just about anything one could ask for. I'm not sure I've ever seen a coin-op product ever release an update that does as much as this does, adds as much functionality as this.

It's a GREAT time to be a BBH home user.

Quoted from Indusguys:

This is so awesome, we couldn’t be happier, this is a game changer!

#930 3 years ago

Thank you! Just to clarify, I don't want to take off Safari. Just wondering if it can be integrated so I have the option of playing or choosing from eithee... or do I need the Big Buck world dongle with everything on one?

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's a GREAT time to be a BBH home user.

I hope they will offer the software for sale for my offline mini for the 5th sites.

#932 3 years ago

Worst case, pay them $40 for one month of online, get the update, cancel the online.

If if your wifi is spotty you should eventually be able to get it downloaded...

Though, maybe they can send it to you on a usb stick?

I actually don’t know.

I hope they will offer the software for sale for my offline mini for the 5th sites.

#933 3 years ago
143476091_10159106163939820_1975437113419419266_o (resized).jpg143476091_10159106163939820_1975437113419419266_o (resized).jpg
#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! Just to clarify, I don't want to take off Safari. Just wondering if it can be integrated so I have the option of playing or choosing from eithee... or do I need the Big Buck world dongle with everything on one?

ah, okay.

as far as I know this is not possible.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

A quick Google search came up with some hard drive switchers. I wonder if the game would complain about having both dongles plugged in at the same time. Worst case scenario is you run a USB extension to the coin door. Hit the switch for the hard drive switcher and swap the dongle, then power on.

While this should work in theory, I have no idea if it actually would. Ha!

#936 3 years ago

Holy fuck. I know this sounds pretentious, but I was honestly about to cancel my subscription and wait for something like this to come back. Way sooner than expected. Hats off to raw thrills

#937 3 years ago

Weather delays........ Hopefully Monday!

20210129_114404 (resized).jpg20210129_114404 (resized).jpg
#938 3 years ago

It’s not pretentious at all. $60/mo (Canadian) is a lot of money. There needs to be value there.

Quoted from Boat:

Holy fuck. I know this sounds pretentious, but I was honestly about to cancel my subscription and wait for something like this to come back. Way sooner than expected. Hats off to raw thrills

#939 3 years ago

Monday is a hell of a (good) day to take possession!

Quoted from Timfenske11:

Weather delays........ Hopefully Monday!
[quoted image]

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ah, okay.
as far as I know this is not possible.

Ok, thank you. So the Big Buck World dongle or no go to upgrade, right? Guess I'll keep trying tobteack one down until I'm ready to upgrade to Reloaded.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ok, thank you. So the Big Buck World dongle or no go to upgrade, right? Guess I'll keep trying tobteack one down until I'm ready to upgrade to Reloaded.

wait, which BBH do you have?

#942 3 years ago

So does that new update mean you can compete in things like the current Zombie Deer Bow Hunt challenge? Or is that still limited to commercial units?

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is this the upright CRT cab?

#944 3 years ago

You can! Just play while you’re logged in.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

So does that new update mean you can compete in things like the current Zombie Deer Bow Hunt challenge? Or is that still limited to commercial units?

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You can! Just play while you’re logged in.

I have to think that with the pandemic home use is their lifeline. If it's wasn't already a big part of their revenue. It was part of the reason I decided to buy one. Plus being able to pay the monthly fee and get everything it offers much more than any unit on location near me.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Monday is a hell of a (good) day to take possession!

If not Tuesday is!

I have nothing but good things to say about the sellers and community either. My experience with the couple I talked to were great and extremely helpful. Also coin up.

Freight shipping or any shipping for that matter these days is what it is and I understand that.

#947 3 years ago

Sounds like you signed up on big buck hunter.com which is good. After not getting a card for 2 months I reached out and they were very helpful.

I don’t know if the minis have a card reader or not, but as of now you need a card reader to sign into showdown. They gotta fix this.

Also, since there are a lot of new people, if you have a panorama it doesn’t have a camera. However, I plugged a Logitech webcam in the USB port and got a $3 mini tripod from eBay. Reads the QR code off my phone fine.

It was indicated that you can login with QR and card, but with cards taking months, and if there really isn’t keypad login, a cheap webcam might work. Just make sure you can return it if it doesn’t. Also, if you go this route, there is a camera test in the operator menu that is helpful.

Quoted from Timfenske11:

If not Tuesday is!
I have nothing but good things to say about the sellers and community either. My experience with the couple I talked to were great and extremely helpful. Also coin up.
Freight shipping or any shipping for that matter these days is what it is and I understand that.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is this the upright CRT cab?

Yes. Upright Safari cabinet. It is a behemoth... begging for a World upgrade

#949 3 years ago

Finally got my bbh 27” crt working. Pro cab running open season. Cool game and rebuilt monitor looks great. I’d love a world upgrade but they seem darn hard to come by.

B72937E8-058B-4F22-954B-E30881621DD1 (resized).jpegB72937E8-058B-4F22-954B-E30881621DD1 (resized).jpeg
#950 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes. Upright Safari cabinet. It is a behemoth... begging for a World upgrade

Okay, then yes, you'll wan to find a world update. Which IIRC was 3 total dongles. I found mine from a member on KLOV.

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.