(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 35.
#801 3 years ago

Hello all, I've been out of the loop on this game for a couple years now apparently and just noticed these upgrades! My question(which I'm sure has been addressed somewhere in here) is there a way I can get online with my home machine? I tried when I first got it but after I mentioned it was a home machine the guy from coinup said I couldn't because I wasn't an operator? So now mines offline with an older 8.08 code. Assuming I should be able to pay the monthly fee and get the upgrades somehow correct? Or do I just put it online again and not mention its a home unit this time? Really want the other modes and online competition sounds badass as well! Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

#802 3 years ago

From what I understand.

If you have a big buck HD unit they will give you the upgrades to the latest reloaded with a 12/mo $40/month commitment which includes online features like our tournament and every single mode, upgrade, and every single new mode as long as you are paying the $40/mo.

Go offline after 12 months and you will have everything you currently own, all updated to the last version released when you stopped your sub.

Quoted from Leechman:

Hello all, I've been out of the loop on this game for a couple years now apparently and just noticed these upgrades! My question(which I'm sure has been addressed somewhere in here) is there a way I can get online with my home machine? I tried when I first got it but after I mentioned it was a home machine the guy from coinup said I couldn't because I wasn't an operator? So now mines offline with an older 8.08 code. Assuming I should be able to pay the monthly fee and get the upgrades somehow correct? Or do I just put it online again and not mention its a home unit this time? Really want the other modes and online competition sounds badass as well! Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From what I understand.
If you have a big buck HD unit they will give you the upgrades to the latest reloaded with a 12/mo $40/month commitment which includes online features like our tournament and every single mode, upgrade, and every single new mode as long as you are paying the $40/mo.
Go offline after 12 months and you will have everything you currently own, all updated to the last version released when you stopped your sub.

Okay great, thank you! Yeah it's a big buck hd so I'll call them tomorrow and get this setup hopefully. Sounds like a big difference to an already sweet game though..thanks again

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

online features like our tournament

Is your tournament white tails only, or are all animal hunts available?

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Several animals are in the tournament, you should join us

#806 3 years ago

I will help spread the word, but I had went with offline. (My signal/cable is iffy here).

#807 3 years ago

I random everything except zombie deer.

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From what I understand.

That is close, but a couple things.

Call coin up and get the free "reloaded" update and topper. Once you have it updated, then you can go online. The current cost is $39.99 a month.

From what I understand, the 12 month contract is only on the brand new games. For the used customers that are upgrading they can go online for one month if that's what they choose.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I random everything except zombie deer.

I have only played zombie deer twice. I would play it more if the bonus rounds were unique.

I play Moose the most, because I like the bonus rounds with it. (my favorite bonus round in the whole game is shooting the moonshine jugs).

2nd favorite is big horn sheep.

#810 3 years ago

If your online, you can replicate any hunt you want and change whatever you want. Keep all the sites the same and just change the bonus rounds if you want.

You would set up your own tourney which lots of us do anyway because you have to do that to track stats. They are bringing stat tracking to casual soon though.

I have only played zombie deer twice. I would play it more if the bonus rounds were unique.
I play Moose the most, because I like the bonus rounds with it. (my favorite bonus round in the whole game is shooting the moonshine jugs).
2nd favorite is big horn sheep.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If your online, you can replicate any hunt you want and change whatever you want. Keep all the sites the same and just change the bonus rounds if you want.
You would set up your own tourney which lots of us do anyway because you have to do that to track stats. They are bringing stat tracking to casual soon though.

The music is not the same in tournament though, just saying.

#812 3 years ago

Figured I would plug my FS ad here for a used BBHD Panorama (with screen, if you want it) if anyone is looking for one...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101807

#813 3 years ago

I have two guns for sale

2 light guns, cables and mount plates (green and orange guns) from a Buck Hunter Pro for sale. Both work, but are in used condition.

They are just sitting in my garage so make an offer!

#814 3 years ago

No doubt, they need enable the 5th site for freeplay users and enable logging in.

They say they are working on it now, hopefully soon.

Quoted from Indusguys:

The music is not the same in tournament though, just saying.

#815 3 years ago

Hell yeah in Both clubs thanks to the mighty Christopher at KingPinGames!! Shooting birdies and buck, can't get better then that! Loving the games and to my amazement so do my wife and kids who at times don't even care that there is a gameroom downstairs lol. For anyone considering, I have (as usual) nothing but incredible praise for the service/support for KingPin Christopher. I wish every transaction was as smooth as this for everything. The Buck hunter was used but looked like new and he set it up exactly as I wanted without a hitch. Good fun, good times!

Snooping side note: For anyone interested it looked like he had Several like new condition Buck Hunter games in stock ready to go!

IMG_6252 (resized).jpgIMG_6252 (resized).jpg

#816 3 years ago

I came within 500 points of not being last, so I basically won.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I came within 500 points of not being last, so I basically won.

Trust me, I would give you a run for your money for Last place lol.

#818 3 years ago

Joined the club last week. Been looking at getting a shooter for a long time. This new "mini" cab is perfect. Thanks to KingPinGames for dropping it off.

Went with online for now, and will do the $40 a month and reevaluate after 1 year. Thought about going all in at nearly $10k offline, but online is more reasonable and lets you try stuff out before committing to anything offline, if ever.

Pros:

Killer build quality, instantly thought how this is not some cheap Stern.
Lots of metal, these toppers could kill someone if they fell on your head.
Mini comes with awesome monitor, heavy duty chassis, and what feels like thick glass on the screen.
Cabinet is stunning, with color changing LEDs integrated into music/lightshows, gameplay, and even attract mode.
While big, it's perfect size to get in most homes, unlike their later model driving games and whatnot.
Kids and friends have already played it more than any other pinball ever in my basement.
Game variety and selection.

Cons:

Goofy, confusing pricing models, they should just gear a home version software package with everything for $8k or so.
Too much stuff you'll never use at home, that could save on price/packaging for home buyer. (Verizon 4g, credit card chip and pin swiper, bill validator, etc.)
Getting game setup for "home use" mode not straight forward, it's not hard either. I can see "old" people struggling here.
Games that aren't really pump shotgun-esk are laborious. Terminator is cool, and the mini/turret guns are a nice rest, but they should just code a setting where you can play with a machine gun in certain games. BBH is fun with pump, wouldn't change that, but since this is a variety focused cab, should have options for gun types.
While sound output is good, wish it had stereo.

bbh (resized).jpgbbh (resized).jpg
BBH2 (resized).jpgBBH2 (resized).jpg

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hell yeah in Both clubs thanks to the mighty Christopher at KingPinGames!! Shooting birdies and buck, can't get better then that! Loving the games and to my amazement so do my wife and kids who at times don't even care that there is a gameroom downstairs lol. For anyone considering, I have (as usual) nothing but incredible praise for the service/support for KingPin Christopher. I wish every transaction was as smooth as this for everything. The Buck hunter was used but looked like new and he set it up exactly as I wanted without a hitch. Good fun, good times!
Snooping side note: For anyone interested it looked like he had Several like new condition Buck Hunter games in stock ready to go!
[quoted image]

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Joined the club last week. Been looking at getting a shooter for a long time. This new "mini" cab is perfect. Thanks to kingpingames for dropping it off.
Went with online for now, and will do the $40 a month and reevaluate after 1 year. Thought about going all in at nearly $10k offline, but online is more reasonable and lets you try stuff out before committing to anything offline, if ever.
Pros:
Killer build quality, instantly thought how this is not some cheap Stern.
Lots of metal, these toppers could kill someone if they fell on your head.
Mini comes with awesome monitor, heavy duty chassis, and what feels like thick glass on the screen.
Cabinet is stunning, with color changing LEDs integrated into music/lightshows, gameplay, and even attract mode.
While big, it's perfect size to get in most homes, unlike their later model driving games and whatnot.
Kids and friends have already played it more than any other pinball ever in my basement.
Game variety and selection.
Cons:
Goofy, confusing pricing models, they should just gear a home version software package with everything for $8k or so.
Too much stuff you'll never use at home, that could save on price/packaging for home buyer. (Verizon 4g, credit card chip and pin swiper, bill validator, etc.)
Getting game setup for "home use" mode not straight forward, it's not hard either. I can see "old" people struggling here.
Games that aren't really pump shotgun-esk are laborious. Terminator is cool, and the mini/turret guns are a nice rest, but they should just code a setting where you can play with a machine gun in certain games. BBH is fun with pump, wouldn't change that, but since this is a variety focused cab, should have options for gun types.
While sound output is good, wish it had stereo.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the kind words guys. I will pass the suggestions of the Terminator settings on to the people that can make those decisions.

#820 3 years ago

If anyone new is interested in joining into a tournament, as of now they end Tuesday’s (today) and I’ll start a new one up on Wednesdays (tomorrow)

Even if you aren’t into the competitive nature of it, for me it’s as much about having a few random rounds on the machine...

Plus. If you are not playing pro, which you can’t from home, a tournament is the only way to log in for stat tracking and to be able to play a 5th site.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If anyone new is interested in joining into a tournament, as of now they end Tuesday’s (today) and I’ll start a new one up on Wednesdays (tomorrow)
Even if you aren’t into the competitive nature of it, for me it’s as much about having a few random rounds on the machine...
Plus. If you are not playing pro, which you can’t from home, a tournament is the only way to log in for stat tracking and to be able to play a 5th site.

I really wish we could do an international tourney.

#822 3 years ago

Since your not an operator, what are the odds they would be willing to set you up with a US coinup account?

Since your not operating, maybe they would?

Longshot.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I really wish we could do an international tourney.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since your not an operator, what are the odds they would be willing to set you up with a US coinup account?
Since your not operating, maybe they would?
Longshot.

I will call tomorrow and see what they can do.

#824 3 years ago

Week 3:

Is bi-weekly better than weekly? I have no issues with weekly, but could do bi-weekly if that works better for most.

If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.

1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1001994
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game

This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:

Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

#825 3 years ago

This weeks tournament:

number3 (resized).JPGnumber3 (resized).JPG
#826 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 3:
Is bi-weekly better than weekly? I have no issues with weekly, but could do bi-weekly if that works better for most.
If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1001994
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

Thanks for organizing these, just signed up again. I don't mind weekly either, but could also seen an argument for biweekly. It would be great if you could post the standings for the tournament once it is completed as it seems to disappear from my game at that point.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 3:
A few caveats:

Your the Man. Just wanted to say Thank You for arranging events like this! The game is really fun but getting groups of like minds together further improves the enjoyment.

Subnote: Unless there is a machine gun option I missed I still suck at this game! lol

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 3:

Thanks Jalpert. I am ok with either weekly or bi-weekly.

Thanks again for setting these up, makes it much more interesting to play!

Regards
Ed

#829 3 years ago

Thanks guys! I personally love the tournament, It's a lot of fun trying to not be last.

I agree. I have this information and haven't posted it because people play with their real names and I need to link them to their pinside name to make it relevant. Which I might try and do really quick if I can figure it out.

Quoted from twenty84:

It would be great if you could post the standings for the tournament once it is completed as it seems to disappear from my game at that point.

#830 3 years ago

This was easier than I thought....

Four players in week 1:

1.) twenty84 - 30,311
2.) eharan - 27,905
3.) jalpert - 27,255
4.) MT45 - 19,530

Three players in week 2:

1.) eharan - 35,520
2.) twenty84 - 29808
3.) jalpert - 29304

#831 3 years ago

KingPinGames and everyone else. I got the call from Beth at Play Mechanix this week to officially sign up my home use online fee. There are no contractual obligations, meaning you can go online or offline at your preference. The 12 month contract thing was not interpreted correctly, or is no longer the case.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

kingpingames and everyone else. I got the call from Beth at Play Mechanix this week to officially sign up my home use online fee. There are no contractual obligations, meaning you can go online or offline at your preference. The 12 month contract thing was not interpreted correctly, or is no longer the case.

i will get some clarity on this and report back.

thank you

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I got the call from Beth at Play Mechanix this week to officially sign up my home use online fee. There are no contractual obligations, meaning you can go online or offline at your preference. The 12 month contract thing was not interpreted correctly, or is no longer the case.

Beth told me the same thing a few months ago. She said for home users, they are not locking people in for 12 months and you can go month to month and cancel anytime.

#834 3 years ago

Evening all - due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to sell my practically new Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Panarama with 60" LED TV. $4500 in Atlanta. Smoke Free, Pet Free home and I still have all of the original packaging material if you need to ship it.

I also have my Crusin' Blast, Power Putt and Atari PONG Coin-OP for sale along with my Pins if you see my other ADs.

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg
#835 3 years ago

Anybody get the arcade 1up version of BBH? Any good, worth the price, good quality or cheap?

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to sell my

I hope everything will turn out awesome for you and you will not have to sell anything.

In the meantime if I hear of anyone looking I will try to help.

#837 3 years ago

This is a very good deal.

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Panarama with 60" LED TV. $4500 in Atlanta

#838 3 years ago

It’s not out yet, keeps getting delayed. Best Buy has it at 1/22 now...

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody get the arcade 1up version of BBH? Any good, worth the price, good quality or cheap?

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is a very good deal.

As much as I love the mini, if this deal was around when I bought mine, it would be hard to pass up this panorama.

#840 3 years ago

Evening all - due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to sell my practically new Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Panarama with 60" LED TV. $4500 in Atlanta. Smoke Free, Pet Free home and I still have all of the original packaging material if you need to ship it.
I also have my Crusin' Blast, Power Putt and Atari PONG Coin-OP for sale along with my Pins if you see my other ADs.
[quoted image][quoted image]

RetroGamerJP could you measure size of the translite/marquee? I wonder if I could buy the one and swap it out with the one on my mini, thanks. I'm guessing it's wider, but not sure.

marquee (resized).jpgmarquee (resized).jpg

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

retrogamerjp could you measure size of the translite/marquee? I wonder if I could buy the one and swap it out with the one on my mini, thanks. I'm guessing it's wider, but not sure.
[quoted image]

Sure thing - my marquee assembly is a bit over 41" (41 3/8" to be exact)

#842 3 years ago

Looking to join the tourney this weekend. Never done it. Looks fun!

#843 3 years ago

Excellent. Reach out here if you have any issues.

Quoted from jorge5240:

Looking to join the tourney this weekend. Never done it. Looks fun!

#844 3 years ago

Okay, so my neighbor has his bbh pro and is now throwing some "disconnected" error on the monitor. He said the pc was rebuilt, and I remember 1.5yrs ago messing with trying to get it working as it wouldn't see the hdd, but from quick google foo it seems like some people had issues with the harness or Y splitter having issues so the watchdog/io board wouldn't fully come up.

I don't have my manual anymore, is there troubleshooting for the io/watchdog board? I hear there are fuses and leds on it.

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Okay, so my neighbor has his bbh pro and is now throwing some "disconnected" error on the monitor. He said the pc was rebuilt, and I remember 1.5yrs ago messing with trying to get it working as it wouldn't see the hdd, but from quick google foo it seems like some people had issues with the harness or Y splitter having issues so the watchdog/io board wouldn't fully come up.
I don't have my manual anymore, is there troubleshooting for the io/watchdog board? I hear there are fuses and leds on it.

Make sure it's not just a dead battery - try turning the cpu on with the button on the front of the case. Start from there and work your way back.

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from JKirby:

Make sure it's not just a dead battery - try turning the cpu on with the button on the front of the case. Start from there and work your way back.

k, I may get down there, he said he did replace the battery, motherboard and hdd. He has a ssd now after my suggestion.

I got pics! looks like it has the Y splitter off the main 24? pin psu plug and that goes to the 8pin on the back, which then goes to the io/watch board. Maybe I'll try continuity testing the harness, but are there labeled led and fuses on the watch dog/io board so I can see if something is obvious on it not coming up?

#847 3 years ago

Finally played online "Showdown". Was pretty fun, kinda cool seeing the winners replays as well. I'll have to try joining the tournament here.

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'll have to try joining the tournament here.

Definitely join the tournament...its a lot of fun. Jalpert put up a huge score this week that is virtually unbeatable! Great job Jalpert!

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Definitely join the tournament...its a lot of fun. Jalpert put up a huge score this week that is virtually unbeatable! Great job Jalpert!

I agree but I think you had the unbeatable score last week.

#850 3 years ago

I was happy with it!

I was just happy to be competitive.

Quoted from eharan:

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.