(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Not sure I totally understand. What’s the least expensive way to get all the new content on an older HD machine. I was pretty sure if you paid $40 a month you got all that stuff....

You are correct for $40 a month you get all the stuff except the tournament content which is only available for games in a public location and not for games on free play. The other option is to pay for the other content outright and use the game offline. Option 1 is the cheapest in the short term, although I suppose over a very long period option 2 would be cheaper.

Option 1: Pay $40 a month and get all the content. On older games the software needs to be updated to v9.xx this is done via a USB stick that Raw Thrills will send you. There is no additional cost for the software update.

Option 2: Buy the games individually and use the games offline. Some of the modules are supported with earlier version of the software although I think even these have been updated in the new code, so the code update may still be needed. The up front cost for this its relatively high as detailed previously.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Option 1 is the cheapest in the short term, although I suppose over a very long period option 2 would be cheaper.

That is a great way to explain it.

The older I get and more news stories I see about hackers, the more I try to keep everything offline as much as possible.

In the long run I am sure option 2 will be more expensive for me, because if they keep making awesome games I will keep buying the updates.

#553 3 years ago

To anyone on the fence, this game is super fun, and looks super awesome!

IMG_1178 (resized).PNGIMG_1178 (resized).PNG
1 week later
#554 3 years ago

How fixable are these things? I found one for $500, but apparently the person can't get it to work. Someone mentioned a possible dead I/O board. I'd be interested if parts were available and it could be fixed.

119889932_3482128605138705_1349695183605204603_n (resized).jpg119889932_3482128605138705_1349695183605204603_n (resized).jpg

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How fixable are these things? I found one for $500, but apparently the person can't get it to work. Someone mentioned a possible dead I/O board. I'd be interested if parts were available and it could be fixed.
[quoted image]

Fairly fixable. as yours sits right now it appears that the computer is not on. could be a dead cr-2032 battery, ram, power supply, motherboard, etc. new guns (or replacement parts) are available, crt monitors are repairable.

I would start with the computer. open the front door and push the power button on the computer. does it boot up? if so, then you have dead battery (or the bios weren't set properly). If not, then you need to start looking at power supply or motherboard (look for bulging capacitors on the board).

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Fairly fixable. as yours sits right now it appears that the computer is not on. could be a dead cr-2032 battery, ram, power supply, motherboard, etc. new guns (or replacement parts) are available, crt monitors are repairable.
I would start with the computer. open the front door and push the power button on the computer. does it boot up? if so, then you have dead battery (or the bios weren't set properly). If not, then you need to start looking at power supply or motherboard (look for bulging capacitors on the board).

Oops. Sorry for the confusion. It's for sale, I haven't purchased it yet.

If it's just a standard PC that runs it, I can definitely handle that part since I do IT. I was wondering about software license keys, HASP, reinstallation disks, etc. If it's just an issue with the PC hardware, that should be easy.

#557 3 years ago

If it's just a standard PC that runs it, I can definitely handle that part since I do IT. I was wondering about software license keys, HASP, reinstallation disks, etc. If it's just an issue with the PC hardware, that should be easy.

there is a security dongle that needs to be present and functional in order for the game to work. there should be recovery disks, otherwise you can order them here. https://rawthrills.com/media/software-archive/bbhp/

there are some specific pc hardware that is needed. without looking, I think it is the dell optiplex 740

#558 3 years ago

It could be an easy fix but it could also be an expensive and confusing fix so it is somewhat of a gamble. I would go look at it and see if the dongle is there and try turning on the pc from the front door.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

To anyone on the fence, this game is super fun, and looks super awesome!
[quoted image]

Is this the “mini”?

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is this the “mini”?

Yes, it is the mini. I did not have space for the other one.

The 42 inch (or whatever it is) screen is plenty big.

I did have trouble with a gun, but Raw Thrills, Betson, and Classic Game Rooms were super awesome!

The replacement gun arrived in 4 days, with a prepaid label to send the other gun back.

I highly recommend for some very fun variety in the game room!

#561 3 years ago

Post 1 or 2 has the pc info

#562 3 years ago

Newb question ... considering ordering a new HD reloaded unit and buying the on-line version

How does the connected part work - is it a security handshake that is happening to unlock content that is stored locally on the machine?

I ask because we are out in the sticks and our "on-line" is a cell based siim card - 60mbs max

#563 3 years ago

Also , if I start out with the online version, can I convert to offline later? Thanks.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Newb question ... considering ordering a new HD reloaded unit and buying the on-line version
How does the connected part work - is it a security handshake that is happening to unlock content that is stored locally on the machine?
I ask because we are out in the sticks and our "on-line" is a cell based siim card - 60mbs max

The machine needs to be able to call in briefly once every 14 days to stay online.

We can ship games anywhere in the country. If you're looking to get into the fun world of big buck hunter let us know and we'll get you set up.

[email protected]

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The mini has the ability to connect to cellular (built in) I believe to have cellular connection is is only $10/mo

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#567 3 years ago

Here is the new flyer for the "At home sales." There is a lot included. If you want new, we can do that. If you are looking for a used HD, we have 10 in stock right now ready to go. Some of them even have other games (zombies, duck dynasty, animal packs, etc) included.

Online@Home_Flyer_USA (resized).jpgOnline@Home_Flyer_USA (resized).jpg
#568 3 years ago

There is a lot included

And some stuff was not included and kind of weird.

With the flyers advertising Bow Hunting I thought that would be included with my game, it was not.

I have no complaints at all, this game is very fun.

When I had a issue customer support was very good and prompt.

I do plan to get prices on everything else that is available for this game.

And in the future when they release new games I plan to buy those to add to this game.

This game is awesome!

#569 3 years ago

I just ordered the 42” mini reloaded cabinet! It better have bow hunting!

#570 3 years ago

It will sometimes it takes awhile to download all the reloaded items. I did notice Bow hunting was the very last thing it downloaded on my machine.

#571 3 years ago

the flyer shows the games that available for ONLINE play.

#572 3 years ago

I like all the love for this game. I have had my HD for a few years now and recently put it online. It is going nowhere!! Kids love it, family loves it, hunters love it! Great two player game for re-playability.

Can't wait to play some this weekend!

#573 3 years ago

the flyer shows the games that available for ONLINE play.

Is there a Offline flyer available?

#574 3 years ago

Just curious.

What is your best score in the animal hunts so far?

I am making 21k pretty regular now.

I wonder what a absolute perfect score would be?

My guess is around 40k.

This game is FUN!

(I also contacted my distro to see if I can add a bow to this game and how much).

This game and Golden Tee are both fun enough that I plan to keep purchasing upgrades.

(and with the virus stuff and companies hurting to sell to locations, I am sure the manufacturers hope a lot more HOU people like me help their bottom line).

In all fairness, I will say that the callouts in BBH are getting repetitive fast, but that does not bother me, still more callouts than most pins.

While ago a GT callout said he is on the green and putting from Egypt, and that was the first time I have ever heard that, and this game has been played a LOT.

GT has the most callouts I have ever heard.

BBH callouts are so redneck they will keep you laughing.

Both games are AWESOME!

Call your distro now!

(can some distros give me a referral fee)?

#575 3 years ago

Just curious.
What is your best score in the animal hunts so far?
I am making 21k pretty regular now.
I wonder what a absolute perfect score would be?
My guess is around 40k.
This game is FUN!
(I also contacted my distro to see if I can add a bow to this game and how much).
This game and Golden Tee are both fun enough that I plan to keep purchasing upgrades.
(and with the virus stuff and companies hurting to sell to locations, I am sure the manufacturers hope a lot more HOU people like me help their bottom line).
In all fairness, I will say that the callouts in BBH are getting repetitive fast, but that does not bother me, still more callouts than most pins.
While ago a GT callout said he is on the green and putting from Egypt, and that was the first time I have ever heard that, and this game has been played a LOT.
GT has the most callouts I have ever heard.
BBH callouts are so redneck they will keep you laughing.
Both games are AWESOME!
Call your distro now!
(can some distros give me a referral fee)?

We typically give $100 referral fee towards the purchase of your next game for anyone who actually purchases a game.

#576 3 years ago

Working with Chris to settle on the right machine and am contemplating buying some games so I have off line capability
Can someone share (in order of best to worst), you favorite game packs on BBH Wild HD/Reloaded

I realize this is subjective

Include any of the new reloaded stuff you've played

How's the Duck Dynasty one?
Zombies?
Terminator?
Extra animals packs?

Thanks guys

Might be easier to also add a comment on a game pack/series that you just did not like at all - put that one into the "don't bother" category

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Working with Chris to settle on the right machine and am contemplating buying some games so I have off line capability
Can someone share (in order of best to worst), you favorite game packs on BBH Wild HD/Reloaded
Zombies?
Terminator?
Extra animals packs?
Thanks guys
Might be easier to also add a comment on a game pack/series that you just did not like at all - put that one into the "don't bother" category

I am new to this as well but after a little bit of research it seems there really is no other option for me but paying the online price. When I pay that kind of money for a game I want access to everything that has to offer not just bits.

#578 3 years ago

In case anyone was wondering, with online you get access to national high scores, it saves player stats if you register as well. There’s lots of great score tracking.

Very fun if you have regular guests.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Best:
1. animal packs
2. Terminator
3. Duck dynasty
4. Zombies
5. Monster Island (this is the only one I doubt we will ever use much)

#580 3 years ago

Best:
1. animal packs
2. Terminator
3. Duck dynasty
4. Zombies
5. Monster Island (this is the only one I doubt we will ever use much)

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for
Anyone else want to chime in too?

#581 3 years ago

Animals definitely #1!

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Zombies?
Terminator?
Extra animals packs?
Thanks guys

My opinion after owning almost a year, I have it online

1. Duck dynasty
2. Extra animals
3. Everything else

Terminator is a grind, you’ll play it a few times , duck dynasty duck hunting is one of the best challenges on the machine, I think it should have come standard with the game

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Terminator is a grind, you’ll play it a few times , duck dynasty duck hunting is one of the best

I 100% agree Duck Dynasty is one of the best.

I 100% agree Terminator is a grind.

BUT, value wise, Terminator lasts a lot longer, a whole lot longer.

At worst Terminator is like what you are doing in any bonus round anyway, and at best you do get weapons that you can relax and shoot without having to pump the gun for a while. (and even more when you can grab a mini-gun along the way).

For variety, this game ROCKS!

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It better have bow hunting!

Have you received it yet and did the bow come with it?

I asked my distro about adding a bow to mine. The game came with preset high scores for a bow, but no bow.

And we just played it for 3 hours. It is awesome!

#585 3 years ago

I have not received it yet, probably in around 3 to 4 weeks.

#586 3 years ago

I was just told that they are not making the bow anymore.

#587 3 years ago

I was just told that they are not making the bow anymore.

I’m not understanding

Are you saying that mode is gone?

#588 3 years ago

Looking for the exact measurement of the new mini reloaded.
I see earlier in the thread that the cabinet is 41.5" but how wide is the widest part?
Is it the TV?
Thanks guys

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I see earlier in the thread that the cabinet is 41.5" but how wide is the widest part?

It is closer to 42. The screen is just over 41.

The 42 part is the next part above the screen.

Quoted from PW79:

Are you saying that mode is gone?

After my distro said no bow available I contacted Betson, and he said that he talked with Raw Thrills and they are not making bows for Reloaded.

My Reloaded has preset high scores for a bow that I would like to beat.

I wish someone from Raw Thrills would chime in here and let us know what the deal is?

Were the bows just having a lot of issues? Or just what is up?

#590 3 years ago

And we just played the game for 3 hours and my girlfriend is still playing it. (I am tired now or I would still be playing it also).

I have zero complaints, but I would love to know the details of the bow stuff.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:It is closer to 42. The screen is just over 41.

Awesome thanks so much for this!

#592 3 years ago

Just put mine on location! Hoping it will do well!
Located at co bar in frisco CO outside Breckenridge. Also 10 pins there.
3E24D8D2-E8B9-4360-985E-6703B0A3A7CC (resized).jpeg3E24D8D2-E8B9-4360-985E-6703B0A3A7CC (resized).jpeg

#593 3 years ago

I always thought the bow hunting was just a different play style with maybe weaker, quieter, and slower projectiles in game. not a physical bow.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I always thought the how hunting was just a different play style with maybe weaker, quieter, and slower projectiles in game. not a physical bow.

I concur

#595 3 years ago

My machine applied a pretty large patch yesterday when I Booted it up, the bow is still an option to play and has a “new“ tag on the “bow” selection

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Just put mine on location! Hoping it will do well!

Judging by my girlfriend, if you put this game in a location with a lot of females you will do awesome!

She is using ice packs on her hands and does not want to stop playing.

This is a awesome game!

#597 3 years ago

It is closer to 42. The screen is just over 41.

After my distro said no bow available I contacted Betson, and he said that he talked with Raw Thrills and they are not making bows for Reloaded.
My Reloaded has preset high scores for a bow that I would like to beat.
I wish someone from Raw Thrills would chime in here and let us know what the deal is?
Were the bows just having a lot of issues? Or just what is up?

Are you talking about a physical device being the bow or the bow modes?

What's the goal at Raw Thrills, to create obstacles?

Lol

I mean FFS the game is hella expensive to start, the costs are ongoing with no future guarantees or owned content & none of us here can make heads or tales of shit without an employee or distro explanation.

Next toy is either a GNR or BBH so no matter what life is good I guess.

#598 3 years ago

I found out that there is no bow, you use the gun as a bow, and bow modes are only available online.

And that does not even matter to me, this offline BBH is awesome just the way it is.

Quoted from PW79:

Next toy is either a GNR or BBH so no matter what life is good I guess.

I vote BBH!

#599 3 years ago

I found out that there is no bow, you use the gun as a bow, and bow modes are only available online.
And that does not even matter to me, this offline BBH is awesome just the way it is.

I vote BBH!

Man. It appears BBH is so confusing even the owners cant figure it out. Lol, perfect.

I can't do offline. If I'm paying all that money for a game it needs to be 100%

GNR looks cool. But... its a JJP. I will see what AP does next then revisit GNR & BBH to see where they stand.

Promised the wife no more toys in 2020. Joke is on her. There's less than 90 days to go!

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Man. It appears BBH is so confusing even the owners cant figure it out. Lol, perfect.

I have offline figured out now!

I have also swapped a gun out, it is easy enough.

And Raw Thrills has awesome technical support!

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.