(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.
#501 3 years ago

Looking for BBH World dongle. Any out there?

#502 3 years ago

Have 32” BBH Wild online version. Last one. Great moneymaker. Can go offline. Any interest?

346044F5-D25F-48AC-952A-4115611881C8 (resized).jpeg346044F5-D25F-48AC-952A-4115611881C8 (resized).jpeg51BA3890-97D4-433B-B3D1-D6BDF9631648 (resized).jpeg51BA3890-97D4-433B-B3D1-D6BDF9631648 (resized).jpeg6D7565E5-D718-40B3-A2FD-0017A8B143F7 (resized).jpeg6D7565E5-D718-40B3-A2FD-0017A8B143F7 (resized).jpeg
#503 3 years ago

What is good price for a BBH pro updated to world?

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Fwiw I sold mine for 2600 Canadian. Last year. Alberta is pretty popular for buck hunt.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Some years back I sold mine for 2200- was asking 2400. Now I think they go sub 2k. ~$1800?

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have a pro upgraded to World, also upgraded to SSD and more RAM. I'd like to get close to 2k.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have a pro upgraded to World, also upgraded to SSD and more RAM. I'd like to get close to 2k.

I sold mine that was exactly the same setup and I got $1,600. Probably could have gotten more if I had more patience but it’s a limited buyer base for something that is so large and heavy! I sold it and bought the new Reloaded Mini

#508 3 years ago

Anyone know if you can switch back and forth on the HD models between online and offline playing and how hard or easy that is to do?

Also curious, if I have my own home game and have it set for online and pay for play, how do the finances work if you're putting all the money into your own game but playing "pro" or in weekly tournaments? I assume Raw Thrills takes some % of what is put in (and i'm sure it's logged in the system). I.e. if I have one of these at home and want to pay to play in weekly tournaments, etc. do I get to play a lot cheaper since it's my game and have access to the cash box?

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I sold mine that was exactly the same setup and I got $1,600. Probably could have gotten more if I had more patience but it’s a limited buyer base for something that is so large and heavy! I sold it and bought the new Reloaded Mini

It would break my heart to sell for $1,600. I paid $2,100 before I started upgrading. I didn't take into consideration how quickly the value declines on vids that continue to have new releases. Oh well.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone know if you can switch back and forth on the HD models between online and offline playing and how hard or easy that is to do?
Also curious, if I have my own home game and have it set for online and pay for play, how do the finances work if you're putting all the money into your own game but playing "pro" or in weekly tournaments? I assume Raw Thrills takes some % of what is put in (and i'm sure it's logged in the system). I.e. if I have one of these at home and want to pay to play in weekly tournaments, etc. do I get to play a lot cheaper since it's my game and have access to the cash box?

Seems like it would be easier to run the monthly payment, wasn't that $30-40? I know that can be enabled/disabled on a month basis, or so iirc.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Scott,

You can call into Coin-up and go on or offline month to month. with a brand new reloaded you will have to complete a 12 month term before going completely offline. Wether you do that in 12 consecutive months or if you go online for 3 months and offline (game turned off) for 9 months (this would end up taking 4 years then), it doesn't matter. A 12 month term is need for a new reloaded game. On the other hand, if you have a BBH HD you can go online at any time, then go offline and will be left with the base game (and/or any update packs you have purchased).

As far as playing at home in tournaments, this is not allowed. You can play online, but you can not participate in tournaments. If you are found playing from home in tournaments you will be removed from any tournaments there after. "Pro" and weekly tournemnts are designed to get people to play games on location.

If you are in the market for a Big Buck Hunter HD or the new Reloaded let me know. We can always work out a deal towards one of your games...

#512 3 years ago

I bailed on Big Buck for now...

Picked up an Oktoberfest instead!

Now the question is... Hot Wheels or Big Buck next?

lol

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I bailed on Big Buck for now...

Picked up an Oktoberfest instead!

My Oktoberfest is not going anywhere.

I still plan on Big Buck next. At the moment either used from WI, or new local, still thinking on that part of it.

#514 3 years ago

hey guys. i have had a couple of questions so here is what I have.

I currently have a few of the Big Buck Hunter HD 42" mini cabinets and some more on the way. These are used machines and will be checked over for functionality and updated to the latest code. Used games come with the original 5 animal pack (moose, elk, whitetail deer, kudu, and wildebeest) and some bonus games. Since these are used machines there might be some wear on the decals, guns, monitor, etc. Price is $4250 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes. Bill acceptors not included.

Why go used when you can go new?

Price - $4250 used / $6,000+ new (online) close to $10,000 new (offline)

connectivity - used can be configured to play offline from the start / new MUST be online for 12 months (not 1 year, but 12 total months)

game packs - used can have game packs added to it for offline use / new might be able to add games after the 12 month contract is fulfilled.

Both new and used can be put online to enjoy all the content that Raw Thrills has to offer. Current cost is $39.99 a month for online connectivity.

Let me know if you have any questions about these or any other games. We are authorized distributors for just about everything (Raw Thrills, Incredible Technologies, Jersey Jack, Stern, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Namco, Benchmark, Elaut, Coast to Coast and more!)

20200820_124748 (resized).jpg20200820_124748 (resized).jpg20200819_090450 (resized).jpg20200819_090450 (resized).jpg20200819_090502 (resized).jpg20200819_090502 (resized).jpg20200819_090518 (resized).jpg20200819_090518 (resized).jpg20200819_090528 (resized).jpg20200819_090528 (resized).jpg20200819_090532 (resized).jpg20200819_090532 (resized).jpg20200819_090537 (resized).jpg20200819_090537 (resized).jpg20200819_090542 (resized).jpg20200819_090542 (resized).jpg
#515 3 years ago

Got our demo set up! This thing is awesome! Been playing it like crazy. If anyone is in the market in my area give me a shout, these are in stock!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

410DA0F7-5C94-4A89-96B4-DC709AAA4B19 (resized).jpeg410DA0F7-5C94-4A89-96B4-DC709AAA4B19 (resized).jpeg
#516 3 years ago

It’s a beautiful cabinet but it’s weird they decided to go with just one speaker. Played new one vs old one right next to each other and it was kinda night n day on sound quality.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

It’s a beautiful cabinet but it’s weird they decided to go with just one speaker. Played new one vs old one right next to each other and it was kinda night n day on sound quality.

Iirc, all the cabs had one speaker between the guns. Unless that is just the sub?

#518 3 years ago

For those with the home online reloaded software, does it track player stats? Like all time stats?

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Iirc, all the cabs had one speaker between the guns. Unless that is just the sub?

They actually have two speakers and a sub in the cabinet. We just opened both cabs up yesterday.

DA29B2A1-4FF4-43A2-9360-BC2E0E9ABFCB (resized).jpegDA29B2A1-4FF4-43A2-9360-BC2E0E9ABFCB (resized).jpeg
#520 3 years ago

I have a question. When a nib Reloaded mini comes to your house, how tall is the box?

It does not really matter, mine is supposed to arrive Wednesday, so I am dealing with it anyway.

I have 92 inch ceiling height where the game is going, so I am good there.

But, I have a 72 inch roll up interior door leading into the man cave, and a tad worried about that.

I am just glad no stairs or narrow doors.

And I want to give King Pin Games a big THANK YOU! We pm'ed back and forth when I was thinking about getting one of the used games they have coming in. They were totally awesome at answering all my questions.

Last year I did buy something from King Pin, and everything went smooth.

At the last minute my local distro, Jason at Classic Game Rooms started selling these, and at the last minute I went with him, and went new.

If anyone is looking for one of these, or any other game for that matter, I highly recommend both King Pin Games, and Classic Game Rooms.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have a question. When a nib Reloaded mini comes to your house, how tall is the box?
It does not really matter, mine is supposed to arrive Wednesday, so I am dealing with it anyway.
I have 92 inch ceiling height where the game is going, so I am good there.
But, I have a 72 inch roll up interior door leading into the man cave, and a tad worried about that.
I am just glad no stairs or narrow doors.
And I want to give King Pin Games a big THANK YOU! We pm'ed back and forth when I was thinking about getting one of the used games they have coming in. They were totally awesome at answering all my questions.
Last year I did buy something from King Pin, and everything went smooth.
At the last minute my local distro, Jason at Classic Game Rooms started selling these, and at the last minute I went with him, and went new.
If anyone is looking for one of these, or any other game for that matter, I highly recommend both King Pin Games, and Classic Game Rooms.

Pretty sure that is taller than that. I was wandering around JJ’s warehouse and saw a huge box taller than me and I’m 75 inches tall.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Pretty sure that is taller than that. I was wandering around JJ’s warehouse and saw a huge box taller than me and I’m 75 inches tall.

Thanks! I was afraid it may be. Which means instead of the easy way with a pallet jack I will have to go the hard way with a hand truck to lean it to clear.

#523 3 years ago

Fyi, all the used 42 mini that I have are on wheels, so you just have to get it under the door. You can probably remove the topper (if it comes installed) and get the room you need.

#524 3 years ago

Thanks! I was afraid it may be. Which means instead of the easy way with a pallet jack I will have to go the hard way with a hand truck to lean it to clear.

It fits through a standard doorway out of the box, topper is not installed from the factory. The game has four wheels so it will roll right through.

Greg M
pinballpro.com

4DE048C5-237B-436F-BDA8-603354BC258C (resized).jpeg4DE048C5-237B-436F-BDA8-603354BC258C (resized).jpeg
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It fits through a standard doorway out of the box, topper is not installed from the factory. The game has four wheels so it will roll right through.
Greg M
pinballpro.com[quoted image]

32x80" door?

#526 3 years ago

So what makes the mini a mini? Still looks big to me.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what makes the mini a mini? Still looks big to me.

A mini is around 31 inches deep, and the other is around 51 inches deep. I have space for the 31.

A mini comes with a 42 inch screen I think. The other you supply the screen so you can go bigger.

#528 3 years ago

A mini is around 31 inches deep, and the other is around 51 inches deep. I have space for the 31.
A mini comes with a 42 inch screen I think. The other you supply the screen so you can go bigger.

yeah. Really looks like the mini was made for "home use" and fit easily through a standard door

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

You was
right. I was hoping you were pulling my leg.

The 2 roll up doors I have to use to get to the man cave are plenty wide, but only 72inches high, so I had to use hand trucks and tilt it a tad to clear over head.

In the man cave with the marquee installed I have about a inch to spare, so that is good.

A quick glance in the manual I did not see anything about setting it on free play, and I was in a hurry to just try it out, and damn this game ate 40.00 very fast. (not like a pin either where you can open the door and hit the credit button).

It was fuuuuuun though.

I had never seen one or played one.

PW79 had been talking about it on here, I asked some of my friends, and they lit up even more than when I mentioned Golden Tee, so here I am, and all good.

And all I have is a flip phone with no internet, but once some of my friends with smart phones are over I will try to get a pic on here.

And thanks again to King Pin Games, Classic Game Rooms, and PW79.

#530 3 years ago

You was
right. I was hoping you were pulling my leg.
The 2 roll up doors I have to use to get to the man cave are plenty wide, but only 72inches high, so I had to use hand trucks and tilt it a tad to clear over head.
In the man cave with the marquee installed I have about a inch to spare, so that is good.
A quick glance in the manual I did not see anything about setting it on free play, and I was in a hurry to just try it out, and damn this game ate 40.00 very fast. (not like a pin either where you can open the door and hit the credit button).
It was fuuuuuun though.
I had never seen one or played one.
PW79 had been talking about it on here, I asked some of my friends, and they lit up even more than when I mentioned Golden Tee, so here I am, and all good.
And all I have is a flip phone with no internet, but once some of my friends with smart phones are over I will try to get a pic on here.
And thanks again to King Pin Games, Classic Game Rooms, and PW79.

Free play changes will be made by “coin up” once registered and connected

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#531 3 years ago

Mine is 36, but it fits a 32. I can measure our demo to be absolutely certain.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Free play changes will be made by “coin up” once registered and connected

I purchased the offline model.

If the only way to get free play is to have it online, I will just keep running money through it.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Mine is 36, but it fits a 32. I can measure our demo to be absolutely certain.

I just measured my game, it is 31 deep x 76 high x 41.5 wide. It will barely fit through a 32 door, you may have to disconnect the guns, to keep the wires from getting damaged.

#534 3 years ago

I noticed in the classifieds here on Pinside there are 2 used BBH games for sale.

To find fast click on classified ads, uncheck games, mods, and parts, and wanted, leaving only "other" and "for sale" checked, and you can find them easy.

#535 3 years ago

I just measured my game, it is 31 deep x 76 high x 41.5 wide. It will barely fit through a 32 door, you may have to disconnect the guns, to keep the wires from getting damaged.

Just to clarify, I measured a mini.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Terminator Salvation is a workout! Don’t see how I could ever get through the entire game as my shoulder and arm were killing me after about 10-15 minutes.

We just played the entire game.

I think it is somewhat easier on the shoulder and arm, because you can acquire weapons that you do not have to pump every shot.

If anyone here works for Raw Thrills. I salute you, awesome job!

#537 3 years ago

I purchased the offline model.
If the only way to get free play is to have it online, I will just keep running money through it.

The offline should have a setting, you can always call tech support, maybe they can help.

That’s correct the specs show 31” the gun removal is just three bolts and a USB for those wondering

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#538 3 years ago

So if you buy the online version, you can play Big Buck Hunter without paying the $ 39.99/month, but if you want to play any of the other games you need to pay the monthly fee? Is it possible to turn the monthly fee on and off per month? (have it on during winter month, off during summer for example) Given the huge price difference, and if you have good internet connection, just wondering, why would a person consider the offline version? Anyone know who has the best deal on these, shipped to Missouri?

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

So if you buy the online version, you can play Big Buck Hunter without paying the $ 39.99/month,

The way I see it is you break even in 7-8 years, and you have to pay for 12 months anyway if you go with a online model.

The 12 months do not have to be in a row. (see a past post King Pin Games made).

To me it just seemed like renting something, and I would rather own than rent.

If you look up what the software costs for upgrades, I think it is a great deal to just go ahead and go all in at once.

Quoted from pinrock:

Anyone know who has the best deal on these, shipped to Missouri?

I purchased local from Classic Game Rooms, and King Pin Games in WI has them also, and both companies are awesome to deal with.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

So if you buy the online version, you can play Big Buck Hunter without paying the $ 39.99/month, but if you want to play any of the other games you need to pay the monthly fee? Is it possible to turn the monthly fee on and off per month? (have it on during winter month, off during summer for example) Given the huge price difference, and if you have good internet connection, just wondering, why would a person consider the offline version? Anyone know who has the best deal on these, shipped to Missouri?

if you purchase a new Reloaded (42" mini or panorama) then you will NEED to have the game online for 12 months (can be turned off and on) before taking it completely offline. durnig this 12 month time, if you turn the online connectivity off, you will not be able to play ANY games. after the 12 month term then you will have access to the 5 animals and bonus games when not connected online.

on the other hand, if you purchase a used Big Buck Hunter HD, then you can either put the game online (and offline again when desired) and have access to everything, or you can have it offline and have access to the 5 animals and bonus games (and any other game packs you wish to purchase).

let me know if this helps.

#541 3 years ago

The way I see it is you break even in 7-8 years, and you have to pay for 12 months anyway if you go with a online model.
The 12 months do not have to be in a row. (see a past post King Pin Games made).
To me it just seemed like renting something, and I would rather own than rent.
If you look up what the software costs for upgrades, I think it is a great deal to just go ahead and go all in at once.

I purchased local from Classic Game Rooms, and King Pin Games in WI has them also, and both companies are awesome to deal with.

I would agree if you think the premium content will be active every month for 8 years straight. What I love about it is that you can have it on all winter, and off all summer. Then you are talking 16 years before if breaks even. I tend to lean more toward saving the money, or if you find yourself not playing it as much you can take it offline. I mean I play Buck Hunter all the time, but Terminator or Zombies, you can only beat so many times, I can play that indefinitely. Buck Hunter at home I can play for hours.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you purchase a new Reloaded (42" mini or panorama) then you will NEED to have the game online for 12 months (can be turned off and on) before taking it completely offline. durnig this 12 month time, if you turn the online connectivity off, you will not be able to play ANY games. after the 12 month term then you will have access to the 5 animals and bonus games when not connected online.
on the other hand, if you purchase a used Big Buck Hunter HD, then you can either put the game online (and offline again when desired) and have access to everything, or you can have it offline and have access to the 5 animals and bonus games (and any other game packs you wish to purchase).
let me know if this helps.

That helps, thank you very much!

#543 3 years ago

I found a great deal on a BBH HD. When I called play Mechanix number they said the 39.99 monthly to get all the content didn’t apply to HD models only New reloaded models. Any one know what’s up?

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I found a great deal on a BBH HD. When I called play Mechanix number they said the 39.99 monthly to get all the content didn’t apply to HD models only New reloaded models. Any one know what’s up?

hmmm, interesting...I don't know about you, but this business model all seems a little hard to understand for the home buyer....I'm now confused on what is the difference between the HD and reloaded.... maybe I'm a little thick (Caveat - I'm totally new to Big Buck Hunter, never even played one...but was looking for some added variety in my gameroom, to pins)

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Not true, or at least it wasn't a couple months ago. I have a BBH HD that I got used a couple years ago and am currently doing the $39.99 a month deal with the Reloaded software. It needs a software update which they will send you on a USB stick.

Quoted from pinrock:

I'm now confused on what is the difference between the HD and reloaded.... maybe I'm a little thick (Caveat - I'm totally new to Big Buck Hunter, never even played one...but was looking for some added variety in my gameroom, to pins)

Reloaded is essentially the new software (9.xx). They have new cabs with reloaded decals but when you update the software the HD version is essentially the same. They will send you a trans light and if you want to pay $99 a topper also. I think the only difference might be the new Reloaded games have to be online for a certain period of time while the older ones don't need to ever be on line if you prefer.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Not true, or at least it wasn't a couple months ago. I have a BBH HD that I got used a couple years ago and am currently doing the $39.99 a month deal with the Reloaded software. It needs a software update which they will send you on a USB stick.

Reloaded is essentially the new software (9.xx). They have new cabs with reloaded decals but when you update the software the HD version is essentially the same. They will send you a trans light and if you want to pay $99 a topper also. I think the only difference might be the new Reloaded games have to be online for a certain period of time while the older ones don't need to ever be on line if you prefer.

Interesting, do you know how much the full reloaded (including Terminator, In Case of Monsters: Lost Island, etc.) upgrade for an HD is? I am trying to weigh purchasing a used HD plus the full Reloaded upgrade versus a new Reloaded machine...

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I play Buck Hunter all the time, but Terminator or Zombies, you can only beat so many times

We are all different. Because of problems with my eyes the Terminator and Zombie stuff works better for me.

I do love the animal hunts also, just harder because of my eyes.

I actually think the animal hunts may be helping a tad with my eyes, I hope so.

Terminator is just so awesome because they give you other weapons at times that you can just shoot without all the pumping to reload.

And down the road if Raw Thrills makes more games similar to Terminator, with automatic weapons, I will gladly pay the 1300.00 or whatever for the chip to add to my game.

We are loving this game!

And just like support from LTG and a few pinball companies here on Pinside with pinball machines, even though I do not see them posting here, they are reading, and will PM you if you have a issue.

My experience anyway. Raw Thrills is awesome!

While ago we were playing Terminator and my gun stopped working, said on screen it was not connected. I never dropped the gun, or moved the cable enough for anything to happen, and it would suddenly work again, and stop again.

At 9pm I emailed Betson, and they emailed me right back. (my owners manual says contact Betson).

I am not even worried about any of that. I have no complaints at all. I am sure everything will be totally fine, I have seen first hand how awesome Raw Thrills is.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Interesting, do you know how much the full reloaded (including Terminator, In Case of Monsters: Lost Island, etc.) upgrade for an HD is? I am trying to weigh purchasing a used HD plus the full Reloaded upgrade versus a new Reloaded machine...

so, in order to do the online subscription you need to have the "reloaded" software on your hd machine. once you have that then you can get all the content online. if you wish to stay offline and purchase all of the current game packs, bonus games, zombies, terminator, monster island, etc, you are in the $5500-$6000 range (zombie, terminator and monster island are about $1350 each, the animal packs (1 and 2) and duck dynasty are $650 each

a new online reloaded game is $6,000, the offline version is $10,000 (this is for the 42" mini cabinet).

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

@KinPinGames lists the prices above if you want to outright buy these modules. That said I'd go the $40 a month route at first because you might find that some of the games have more value to you than others. I play the hunting games a lot but stuff like the monster island module doesn't get many plays at all. The online content is also new on the market for home owners and they are still actively developing it. I would guess they come out with new online features that you might not have access to if you take it off line.

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

so, in order to do the online subscription you need to have the "reloaded" software on your hd machine. once you have that then you can get all the content online. if you wish to stay offline and purchase all of the current game packs, bonus games, zombies, terminator, monster island, etc, you are in the $5500-$6000 range (zombie, terminator and monster island are about $1350 each, the animal packs (1 and 2) and duck dynasty are $650 each
a new online reloaded game is $6,000, the offline version is $10,000 (this is for the 42" mini cabinet).

Not sure I totally understand. What’s the least expensive way to get all the new content on an older HD machine. I was pretty sure if you paid $40 a month you got all that stuff....

There are 1,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.