Screenshot 2021-11-24 234730 (resized).jpg
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
IMG_9560 (resized).JPG
D21591D1-2490-4F15-A0F7-23AB5EF8B71C (resized).jpeg
0E771999-125C-418F-80D2-9E7347B98671 (resized).jpeg
4406421F-3490-42F1-9F6A-FDF26EF4ED0C (resized).jpeg
DEC08512-169D-415B-80C0-19DB8171580B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (1 year ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (1 year ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (1 year ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 1 year ago

Are LEs currently shipping to people?

4 weeks later
#1706 1 year ago

Just joined the club with an LE!

Having an issue with the ball falling off the wireform right after launching, as it approached the right inlane.

Also, wondering if the spinning disc is supposed to be really lose, or sort of tight as it turns? Mine seems sort of smooth, except when it hit likes 5-7 o'clock (assuming you're looking at it like a clock).

Anyone else have these issues?

#1720 1 year ago

This mode is pretty cool. Not sure if this means I did alright or not, but it's a pretty rad idea to have the flipper countdown.

PXL_20201022_043339060.MP (resized).jpg
#1728 1 year ago

Anyone have a link to the bulletin from Stern showing how to change level of spinner?

Also, has anyone had to adjust the spinner because it wasn't spinning smoothly?one has a lot of resistance.

Thanks!

#1758 1 year ago

Anyone know if this alignment looks correct?

Left side seems a bit above the alignment hole, and right side see just a tad low from being centered.

PXL_20201022_203410575 (resized).jpgPXL_20201022_203425343 (resized).jpgPXL_20201022_203454129 (resized).jpgPXL_20201022_203509518 (resized).jpg
#1792 1 year ago

Having an issue with my spinning disc. I was holding the ball on the flipper, and noticed the "STRANGE" letters filling up on their own. Then when I got to the "Disc bonus" part, it was just repeating " disc bonus" over and over again for doing nothing.

Has anyone else had these phantom hits? Anyone know what I can do to fix it?

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Myself and a few others have seen this (though not too often and inconsistent for me so far). I have the PDF for the adjustment procedure someone emailed to me, not sure how to post it publicly though.[quoted image]

Were you guys getting phantom hits though?

Also, the manual says that you spin to 3, 6, 9, 12, and press "start" at each? Does that mean, turn it to 3 then give it a whip/spin, or does that mean just manually move the disc to about the 3 o'clock mark, press "start", then move to 6, etc..?

My FS is reading around 230.

Does this mean I need to be closer or farther from the magnetic sensor?

It's a bit of a pain in the ass, to get my game out where I can pull up the pf, so knowing what I need to do prior definitely helps.

Thanks!

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

You put the post on the dics in each position , so 12 o clock static and press start, you should get a reading higher then 300. Same goes for 3 6 and 9 o clock. No need to spin the disc.
The sensor can be adjusted on the back of the bracket holding it. It’s possible you also need to center it and that is done by adjusting the 2 screws and moving it either left to right. You need to play a little with the distance, I had to positon the sensor so it centered with the shaft. Mine had at 12 o clock and 6 above 300 readings and 3 and 9 not. When I checked I saw that the sensor and shaft were not centered.
On another note; Just played some games on 0.92 and i’m missing light effects when iron man multi balls start and for example extra ball, now its just an annoucement no light effects. But it’s getting better code wise.

I'll give it a try later, thanks!

Also noticed my disc is on a bit of angle. The back is raised more than the front.

How can that be solved since adjustment only goes straight up and down?

#1870 1 year ago

Problem solved.

If anyone is having issues with hits not registering on their spinning disc, simply loosen screws holding the sensor board in place, and move it so the sensor is centered with the shaft. I was getting FS readings of 25-230 before the adjustment, and now I'm getting 500-650.

So far, all shots registering nicely.

#1931 1 year ago

Just out up my best game so far. Got to Black Order MB, but had no idea what needed to be done. There was a multicoloured insert in the inner loop, but I couldn't hit it. Is there a way to end BO without draining the ball?

Also, while in BO, I lit 3 of the Avenger inserts. Does this count towards the third Assemble, meaning you'd get Battle Royale?

Also, I had played all 6 of the gem modes, but failed 3 of them. Does that mean that I qualified to battle Thanos, or do I have to collect all 6 gems?

And last thing, is this the subway issue that everyone is having??

PXL_20201025_034340754 (resized).jpgPXL_20201025_042631364.MP-01 (resized).jpeg
#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I just had a similar game... completed BOM and all gem quests... how do I battle Thanos? Do I have to hit the black order multiball jackpot inner loop? Because obviously I missed it.

How do you complete BOMB, and did you collect all 6 gems?!?!

#1948 1 year ago

If you play a gem, but don't complete it, it stays out right?

And on the LCD, it just shows it not collected.

Wondering if there is a better way to keep track of every gem that is played and qualified to battle Thanos.

#1955 1 year ago

Just had a monster game. Got 10 trophies, played all gem and collected 5, and got to BOMB.

Funny how most games I get like 50-80M, and then you get one of these!

Loving it so far!

PXL_20201025_173707444 (resized).jpg
#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Questions: SOul Gem mode- what are the shots? I got through the first 4-5 and then it wasnt clear what was next. It was a green light for each one and then suddenly there wasnt any but mode was still active.
Extra balls- what triggers these? Ive had terrible games when I get it right away and I just had 110m game when i never lit extra ball......

Not sure what lights extra ball, but I got two of them in my last game.

For Soul Gem, if I remember correctly, it's right order, left ramp, right (wide) ramp, left orbit, Thor, 3 target bank, Captain Marvel, then Avengers tower.

#2100 1 year ago

Noticing some wear one both edges of the Ant-Man (mystery) scoop.

Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.

Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

#2260 1 year ago

Not a crazy high score, but started and finished all 6 gems!

Too bad the Battle Thanos thing didn't work

One Thor shot away from Battle Royale too.

Funny that right before this game, I was calling it a drainy piece of s#!t.

PXL_20201030_053712828.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201030_053722942.MP (resized).jpg

#2305 1 year ago

What is the final shot required to defeat Supergiant? Is it just a bunch of disc spins?

2 weeks later
#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

here is the video for those interested...

What do you have to have completed to go into Soul Gem and only need two shots?

#3060 1 year ago

After seeing the photo of the washer under the mystery scoop guide, I decided to have a look at mine...

Looks like the guide was tightened before the clear cured, so there's now an indentation, and a raised bubble.

What do you guys think?

PXL_20201119_044715539~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201119_044715539~3 (resized).jpg
#3062 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah, I’d get a washer under it ASAP. Looks like it was tightened down too hard...

Anyone know what needs to be taken apart to get that guide up?

I tired just taking out the nut on that bolt right by where the clear coat bubble is, but the rail barely budged.

#3066 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron it with yelobird's vinyl iron method and then get mylar over it and a washer on the guide ASAP.

Can you link me to this?

Also, anyone know what need to be unscrewed/removed to get this guide?

#3097 1 year ago

So I'm going to take this Ant-Man guide off over the weekend if I get some time, and while I'm in there, I'm going to look to protect the edges of that scoop. I'm sure if you look at your game, you'll see there is some wear starting on the exposed edges of the wood, as is to be expected.

Was thinking to maybe just go with simple mylar, or perhaps get in touch with Cliffy and get him to whip something up like I did with the lock hole on my AFM.

Before I get the guide up, want to know if this is the right set to buy with the heating tool:

amazon.com link »

It's tough to tell from the photos, but the promo video does show the tool in it.

Also, what washers should I use when I get it up? Metal, vinyl, fabric?

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the one I got (but not from Amazon canada):
amazon.com link »
Permatex #81781
I think you're looking for the "professional electric heat tool" in the description. The other one says "heat transfer tool" which I don't think is the same.

Ok, think I found it.

Do you suggest metal, nylon, or felt washers under the ball guide?

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I use mylar over the repair, then metal washers.

Any other spots needs attention while I'm under the pf?

I keep hearing the Thor guides? Do those need washers, or is it overkill?

#3116 1 year ago
Quoted from Dorkboy:

I just received my cliffy set and there’s one for pym ball guide, which I’m guessing is this but I’m not 100% how it’s supposed to be positioned. Anyone else get theirs that can share an image?
[quoted image]

What is "pym"?

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Mine came yesterday as well!
I reached out to Cliff to see if he had a reference image or install guide. My first Cliffy's, so I'm not exactly sure how to do it right for the entire set.

The notched end would go under/around the bolt, and the other end would extend past the end of the guide rail as to protect it from making contact with the playfield.

Think of it as a layer of protection between the guide and the playfield.

#3124 1 year ago

Is anyone planning to remove their Ant-Man scoop anytime soon? If so, it would be a great idea to measure the width of both side of the Ant-Man scoop hole, and sent that over to Cliffy.

That area is going to take a pounding over time, and just all exposed edges, it will chip.

Get some protectors to go over the edge on both side would be a great way to protect your investment.

I plan to pull my Ant-Man guide apart when I get my vinyl repair iron in the mail. but that could be 2 weeks from now.

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I believe Cliffy already has those measurements and photos, the full protector set he offers has been updated to include a front edge protector, I’ve got one and it seems to work great.
Major issue with that scoop is mounting there’s a lot in that area under the playfield and the ramp has a flap that drops into the scoop on the right side taking up all the free space to mount.
It’s maihly that front edge that needs protecting so get one of those edge protectors on your and I think your good.

I'm seeing some wear starting on both sides... I think the ball rolling along the front edge, and also bashing into the back edge is the reason.

Also, maybe some of it is caused by the VUK.

Do you know if that protector would fit both sides?

4 weeks later
#3749 11 months ago

Tried out the Yelobird mylar fix tonight. Wasable to get the clear coat pooling down a bit around the Antman ball guide, then put some mylar down, and a metal washer.

While I had everything apart, I also put mylar on the edges of the Antman hole. I assure you thisarea is going to get beat up over time.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this in case anyone else is looking to repair theirs. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

PXL_20201221_040334493~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_040855603 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_052819893.MP~2 (resized).jpg
#3958 11 months ago

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of rejects from the Captain Marvel ramp/loop.

Anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix?

#3965 11 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My Captain Marvel ramp has been much, much smoother since adding the lexan piece at the bottom opening as first recommended by Prodoshi. Hard, fast shots are no longer rejected. I have kept the piece installed that I made that doesn't quite fit under the wireform, but have 100+ games on it with no issues.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865
[quoted image]

Is this a common problem? If so, wondering if someone might create a piece that they'll make available on the marketplace. It rejects so much, that I almost try to avoid shooting it.

1 month later
#5112 9 months ago

Anyone have a solution for the Capt. Marvel ramp? I'm getting like 70% rejections on this, and it's making it a pain in the ass to play.

Also, not sure what's up with this game, but I honestly don't recall ever seen a more drain prone game, and two of my favorites are TWD and TNA, so I'm not impartial to brutal games.

With AIQ I fee like 90% of balls heading to the outlanes are gone. I actually have been turning the game off mid-game and just moving onto something else lately.

I have the game set at 6.5.

Any input would be great!

#5146 9 months ago

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.

Here are some things that are really killing it for me:

- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
- Nudging seems almost futile for side drains
- 60-70% of shots to the Cast. Marvel ramp reject

I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)

Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?

I want to like this game, so hopefully I can find a way to make it play better.

Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.

Thanks!

#5178 9 months ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It’s amazing to hear how these titles can play so differently from game to game. I don’t experience any drains from Hawkeye misses or pop bumpers. CM my game has about a 50% acceptance rate which is totally normal because it does require a clean accurate shot

If you miss the CM shot, does it go right to a center drain? Mine is a 99% drain if you don't hit it, and you can nudge all you want, it's gone!

#5179 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I didn't have problems with SDTM drains from the pops or the other things on AIQ. Outlanes were a danger zone, but not game-killing for me. Thats why I recommended the 1/4 turn tweaks until it stops the SDTMs to the other pinsider. The left to right has to be just a tiny bit off. Seems fussy like Star Wars in that regard.

For me, it's coming from all angles. A missed Hawkeye shots, rolls out of the loop and heads right into the left outlane. CM shots rejects and is 99% gone. Captain America doesn't allow you much control to nudge (like TWD pops did) so that is also a huge source of drains. You put all this together, and it's nearly impossible tp progress in the game.

I'm not a pro pinball player, nor do I ever care to be. But I think I'm average or so. My highlight would probably be reaching LMS in TWD on ball one. So I think I'm fine with games that are difficult, but with AIQ, I just can't get a single thing going.

It's weird because a couple of months ago, on earlier code, I collected all the gems at least 2 or 3 times. Now, I haven't seen even BO MB in like a month!

So either the game has changed, or somehow, I just started getting way worse at pinball. I'm like the Benjamin Button of pinball.

#5186 9 months ago

Checked my pf. Not warped at all. I levelled it at perfect 0 left to right, and bottom to top, I averaged it out to 6.5 (6.4 between slings).

It was higher before, so thought I'd try to do the standard 6.5.

Still loads of rejections and unanswerable drains.

PXL_20210215_053824615.MP (resized).jpg
#5210 9 months ago

FINALLY got the game playing reasonably fair, with the exception of the CM ramp. Still nothing but rejections. I'm going to try that ramp mod to see if it improves things.

I also just had my first good game in over a month. I collected all gems, played (and failed) Thanos Attack, BO MB, and Battle Royale.

Would all of this have qualified Battle Thanos? Unfortunately once Royale ended, I flailed around and lost the ball before I could see what was coming next. I feel like there was something going on with the audio that made it sound like something cool was coming, but again, I was focused on the ball that I couldn't get under control.

Also, what is the purpose of placing (or replacing) gems? Do they help you complete Avengers quicker, because I'm always struggling to get Thor as I try to qualify BO MB and BR.

#5217 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Need to collect avengers a third time for Thanos battle.

I did collect a third time to get to Battle Royale.

The update readme file makes it sound like I would have had it ready. A friend said you probably have to hit the disc to spell Strange, but I feel like there was something going on before the ball drained, so maybe I didn't have to?!?!

Anyone know for sure?

#5221 9 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, you have to spin the disc to spell strange before Battle Thanos is available after Battle Royale and all 6 gem quests.

Cool, so I was definitely close. Do the gems have to be completed (captured) or just played? Same goes for BR?

Also, I find when my disc post is at the 6 and 12 o-clock position, a straight on shot will usually just deflect off without spinning it. I have to hit it a few times until it rotates slightly, and then spins freely.

Does this sound right, or is there something wrong with my disc?

#5230 9 months ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Not sure what you mean by averaged it out. Pitch should only be measured between the flippers. Manufacturers install bubble levels parallel to the flippers for this reason. If you're at 6.4 between the slings, then you're even less than that between the flippers.
Get it up to 6.5 between the flippers and level side to side. Stern moved their leg holes so that it should be close to 6.5 with all four levelers completely raised.

You sure about that? I have the back legs turned out half way, and the front all the way in, and it's 6.3 between the slings.

Also, I noticed tonight (after having my best game yet) that the spinner was not going back to closed (down) position. I looked inside, and saw a part was loose. Should this part be able to come out easily like this?

Anyone know?

#5237 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like the plastic nut has come loose or the brass insert has fallen out from the bottom. What is the build date on this? Stern has a kit for fixing these if it's more than needing to tighten the white plastic nut underneath.

As far as I can tell, that brass insert is independent, so not sure how tightening something on the bottom would fix it.

Can someone check there's to see if that brass piece is attached solidly to the plastic, or if it should have some play.

Can't see it being the latter, as this is what is causing it to lift off and prevent the disc from spinning and lowering.

Thanks!

#5240 9 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Does this look like your issue? The brass collar (you see it detached from the rest of the assembly in the photo below) should be secure to the steel piece it fits into. The shaft of the disc spins freely inside it. When the brass collar falls out, the disc no longer spins freely but it should still be able to raise and lower. I wouldn’t play it unless the collar is where it needs to be, or risk further damage.
My guess is that the brass collar is supposed to to be press fitted into the steel part. But once it comes out it will keep falling out until it is secured (that was my experience).
[quoted image]

That's my exact issue right there, thanks so much for that!

Only difference is, my brass collar popped off on the other side, which is why it impedes the up/down.

#5278 9 months ago
Quoted from phishrace:

As I said, it gets it close. Leave your front ones up and extend the back one until you get 6.5 between the flippers. 6.3 between the slings isn't enough and will be slightly less between the flippers.
That small level you showed in the pic doesn't look like it would be good for checking side to side level. Need something wider. The Pinguy app is accurate, but a digital torpedo level would be better.

I'm not confident this is correct, and I'll explain why. Although the factory bubble level is crap, I can get that bubble near the middle on all my game by setting the average pitch to 6.5. That would mean if between the slings is 6.3, the middle is 6.5, and the top is 6.7, you're pretty much at 6.5.

Stern actually confirmed with me that this exactly how they do it, so even if you doubt my method, I think Stern techs know a thing or two.

Of the 20 games or so that I've owned, I've never seen one that measures the same angle at all points of the pf. I don't have an answer to this, but the pitch seems to increase (some slightly, so more drastic) from bottom to top.

When people say, set the level to 6.5, it's like me telling them my address is Canada. Specifying where the measurement is taken is highly important.

If they're only checking between the slings, and setting that to 6.5, it's almost guaranteed to be over well 6.5 as an average pitch.

As for the tools, I use that small digital level to get in hard to reach spots (like the upper portion of AIQ) and I use a torpedo for the more open areas. The two levels also help me confirm that readings are accurate.

Remember, even a slightly raised insert can alter the reading on a torpedo level.

Anyhow, hope that helps

3 weeks later
#5925 8 months ago

After barely being able to break 300M over the last couple of weeks, this happened.

Lost Thanos Attack, beat Battle Royale, and then beat Battle Thanos.

The wizard modes were all awesome!

Curious to know, how many trophies do you need for a Mania?

PXL_20210313_181248139 (resized).jpg
#5936 8 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Like 24 or you can adjust it down to 8 in settings.

I was nowhere near then.

At least I got Thanos!

If anyone wants to see what happens on screen when you beat Thanos, here you go....

SPOILER ALERT!!!

PXL_20210313_183233187 (resized).jpg
#5967 8 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Stars aligned tonight! 2.6 Billion! I had all 6 gems so I didn't even have to battle Thanos (maybe a little anticlimactic) after winning Battle Royale and was awarded 1 Billion! Only collected 20 trophies. 1.0 code, 3 balls, standard settings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Record a game. Curious to see how you're driving the score up. Would love to watch and get some pointers.

#5972 8 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I actually was recording.
I'll upload the 1.6 Billion game first. My camera died in the middle of the 2.6 Billion game, but I started it back up between balls. I'll combine and upload it as well. Both are just under an hour each.

Awesome, send a link.

One thing I definitely suck at is understanding ways to score. I actually don't even know the purpose of placing the gems. I imagine my game with the Thanos win could have had a higher score if I had a better command on the rules.

1 week later
#6269 8 months ago

For anyone having issues with rejections on their CM ramp, try taking the ramp out slightly, and then re-centering it.

I did this, and saw huge improvements.

Seems mine was ever so slightly off to one side, and the tiny change made a big difference.

I now feel like the shot is fair. Not every shot makes it, but a nice fast, clean shot will.

Hope this helps.

#6295 8 months ago

I bought the mod, but didn't end up installing it because I was happy with the way it played after I removed and reinstalled the ramp.

The awesome EaglePin helped me with some photos of his, since he wasn't complaining about his, and I was definitely not happy with mine.

I went from hating the game and thinking about selling it, to finishing the whole game and saying it might end up being bolted to the floor!

The ramp is a very important part of the game, and when rejects go SDTM as was the case with my game, it quickly sucks the fun out of it.

Fix the ramp, new game!

4 months later
#7849 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've always tried for fun to beat it no matter how many gems I bring into it, but yeah, I like the idea of timing it out on Reality gem since it's an easier gem to win back. Then you can take a loss on Thanos Attacks without losing a ball and still have a good chance at getting all 6 gems for the 1B bonus. I think I'm going to give this a shot.

I don't even know what prompts Thanos Attack, I just know when it comes, I'm always bummed because there's a 98% chance I'm losing a ball.

So first, what starts this mode?

And next, how do you drain the mode or time it out without losing your ball?

#7851 3 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Play 2 gem Quests (win or lose) AND collect the Soul Gem. Then your next Gem Quest will be Thanos Attacks instead.
In the mode, hit one of your gem shots to select it, then a timer starts for you to defend that Gem, if that timer runs out, Thanos steals that Gem and leaves without you losing your ball.

So if you don't collect the Soul Gem, no Thanos Attack?

As for the placed gems, how do you do that?

Haha, I've beat the game and I don't even know the rules! Time to learn them!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside