04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.
[quoted image]

If the wire Form is rough on a point, isn't it possible to just filing that point a bit so that it's smooth? I don't have this problem, just an idea...

1 week later
#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is there a 3rd mod option to mod the sanctum?
I’ve seen the sardine can and the 3d printed building. Both are better than the stock version, but I wish the building had an over head light and the sardine can keeps the standard plastic that makes the lit windows hard to see when a window is lit.
Anyone know of another option, or just a replacement plastic that I can use with the sardine can to get the best of both worlds?

I did some 3d Models for AiQ (testet on a pro).

Feel free to download, print and check if you like it

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/4jVHX0yo65q

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/biYMIwNS9r1

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/07Mn3EjZjFx

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/b946MB7wbQD

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/0X4G2tfPprR

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/aEu9Ckr7XZn

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/07xGOdo9scD

IMG_20210206_211116 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_211116 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_213536 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_213536 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_161240 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_161240 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_161328 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_161328 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134124 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134124 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134606 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134606 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_134633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpg
#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thank you so much for doing these, this is an amazing contribution and you are doing it for free and not like the other people who are gauging pinbalers for hundred of dollars for 3d printed stuff... good for you. Thank you.
Is the handle at the back so you can lift the table up and down when putting up for service?

You are welcome. Yes, the handle is to lift the playfield. Stern didn't mount a handle there, but the threads are there. You just need some fitting round screws. I printed it with 50% Infill and petg material. Needs some support in the middle for printing. It is very stable, I think you could carry the whole playfield just with the handle

The little washers are to prevent playfield damage from metal digging in the print and chip. They have an open side, so you can push them in from the side without disassembling everything. Designed to snap just in place. Also printed with petg, you can use them on all these spots. Holding up quite well so far, but don't overtighten. Should fit on other machines as well. A very small but very helpful print I think

3 months later
#7347 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thought I'd share a little trick I use to set the level of the game side to side. I do use a level, but the best way I've found to make sure it's spot on is to place a ball on the glass at the lock down bar, if the ball rolls to the left or right adjust until it stays put. Works every time!
[quoted image]

It's a nice idea if your playfield is completely level with the glass/lockbar.

7 months later
#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I have about 1250 games on my Pro. The right flipper started feeling a little "bouncy," meaning when activated and held, and a ball hit it, I could feel it giving a little bit. I thought this was the usual sign of a failing coil stop. So I replaced the coil stops and sleeves on all three flippers last night. But the problem remains. What's the next diagnostic step? Or should I just go straight to a flipper rebuild (which I've never done and would be thrilled for any pointers to documentation/video guidance). Thanks all.

Check the eos. It's the leaf switch. Even check the Plunger and link. A full flipper rebuild is not necessary most times. The parts that fail sometimes are coil stop, coil sleeves, eos, plunger/link and flipper bushings. The other parts last really long in general.

3 months later
#9723 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Would I lose a lot by buying the pro version? is the game very different compared to the premium version?

Imo you could miss the marvel ramp. The drawback is the ball comes back via orbit. And it's different because you can backhand that shot on a pro, which is impossible on prem/le. But you get a second spinner on a pro...

The physical ball lock stops flow and there are a lot of technical issues you can read about here as well. Nothing to miss here if you get a pro.

In my opinion on that game: the pro is the way to go. Slightly different, but not really worse...

And, by the way, targets are the same on all AiQ...

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Yes, I have read about the problems of the subway... for me, what strikes me most about the premium edition is the additional ramp and the design of the furniture and translite...

If that's the case and you have the money: get a premium or le

4 weeks later
#10104 1 year ago
Quoted from bacebedo:

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these, Pro model will be on its way soon. It's gonna look sharp next to Deadpool!
Question for other AIQ owners: anything prone to breakage that I should worry about? Checked Cliffy's Protectors, and I don't see any Avengers-specific products. Nor did I see any mentions in the last several pages of this thread, but it's a long one maybe I missed it.
Thanks in advance!

Take care of your plastics. The one above sanctum target and around the marvel spinner in special.

1 month later
#10496 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes. Fiber washers have worked very well for me when I've done it on my machines. Here's a post with a picture and a link to the washers I used from Home Depot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

I 3d print washers like that, but it's the same result. Cool and easy idea, helps to avoid a lot of work!

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I 3d print washers like that, but it's the same result. Cool and easy idea, helps to avoid a lot of work!

#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Are you willing to share an stl file?

Sure. Easy cad. Here you go...

2 weeks later
#10597 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have the machine since yesterday and there are some things that I still don't understand...for example there are some gem battles in which there are some moments when I don't know where I have to shoot...for example in the battle against maxima... ..I make a shot to the central ramp, another shot to the right ramp and then to the targets of dr buner....after this I don't know what to shoot at....

Give that pin time, watch the videos recommended and play again and again. And set it up well, level and with 6.5 to 7.5 pitch how you like. The rules are not easy here... This Pin is hard to get into it, but if you get it once, it will be better and better. I was disappointed first when I got it, wanted to sell / trade but I didn't and am really happy with that now. I have newer Pins but get back to that game again and again. It's the drop target rules, the many possibilities / strategies and the fantastic fast action flow with very well Multiball possibilities.

1 month later
#10895 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So I haven't been active in this thread as our avengers games have largely been w/o major issue... until this week I found our sanctum tower leaning like the Tower of Pisa.
Turns out the vertical is attached to the pop-bumper plastic and that's it. On top of that, the plastic is really exposed to direct hits above and behind the sanctum target.
Looking at other people's photos here, I see the entire area in front of the tower is smashed off ours. Ours
[quoted image]
Others...
[quoted image]
So all that plastic in front of the vertical has smashed off.. and it eventually broke where the metal bracket attaches to the pop bumper plastic
Seems like a pretty weak design having that big sail supported only by this one pop-bumper plastic in a narrow area. Ours broke here..
[quoted image]
Has anyone improved this design at all?
Seem inevitable to be smashed as the mount is really exposed to direct shots around the sanctum standup target. At least the right mount is behind a post, but the left is exposed.
I made a piece of lexan to use under the plastic to support the broken plastic.. but am worried that this will be a recurring theme. Has anyone improved upon this or at least repo'd that vunerable plastic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/122#post-6192698

Feel free to print. I would recommend the sanctum plastic protector and thor and sanctum plastic cover.

If you don't want to change your broken plastic, the big cover will work to stabilize.

#10898 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks, but I don't think either of these speak to the root problem of the mount of the tower and it's exposure to direct ball hits. The tower itself is fine, it's that it's mount point is right in the ball's direct line of fire and all that hit goes directly to a small pop-bumper plastic. I don't need to make the tower stronger, it needs its mount or base plate protected/changed.
The lexan I put underneth will be harder to break than the factory plastic, but the smash spot remains.

I understood the problem. I created a protector plastic to prevent damage if the original plastic is fine. Did you see that? It doubles the thickness of the original plastic in the impact area and mounts to the screws below additionally. Won't break again if you use that.

Because your plastic is broken and your tower plastic is loose because of that, you can use the cover print. It mounts additionally to the post behind the plastic, so you will be good to go, even if your sanctum plastic has a broken front part... Just take a close look to the pictures / 3d models...

#10903 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you have a link?

Again:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/122#post-6192698

The second link in this post is the protector plastic. It mounts with the original screws and the original plastic will not break again.

The third link is to download the cover...

1 week later
#10947 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

lately my upper left flipper seems to have no strength to go up the loop and the right ramp....has this happened to anyone else? how can it be solved? I already uploaded the force to the maximum in the menu but it seems that it does not solve anything... greetings

Check coil stops first. All my coil stops on AiQ were heavily damaged or - really - fell apart after some hundred games... Check Eos as well. A lot discussed here already.

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Indeed... it seems that the problem is here...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looked the same. Change them all, I bet they are defective on lower flippers as well. Not a big deal, but mysterious why Stern doesn't get that since several years...

4 months later
#11717 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

it's the bottom pop bumper plastic that covers the sanctum target. The protrusion is attached with only 3 tiny connection points making it prone to fail
[quoted image]

I designed a 3D plastic to protect that area and some more...

#11730 1 year ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

When the fan kicks on it’s got a pretty loud high pitched sound. Is this “normal”? It doesn’t run very long. I think I’ve seen some posts about adding or upgrading fans. Is this recommended?

That's normal. You can change the original fan if you are skilled enough (sold by pinballlife for example if you don't want to solder by yourself) or you can add a bigger fan on top without opening the power supply box and mount it with a 3d print (free available on thingiverse). If the sound disturbs you, I would recommend the pinballlife set. You will still hear the fan, but it will be much better. But you will lose warranty. PU-parts even sells a quiet power supply box for exchange, but that's quite expensive.

2 months later
#11940 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Hear, hear. This is the way to go, get the Pro if you like it. Don't listen to all the FOMOers who insist on only premiums. Pros are in many cases better games, including for AIQ, particularly on location where almost every premium won't be clean and fast enough to make the Marvel ramp. That ramp is physically cool but it doesn't make the game better, it makes it worse by focusing so much scoring on one infuriatingly tough shot.

Agree. I decided to go the pro route on that one and didn't regret. The Marvel ramp is really cool and special, but needs a good maintained pin. I don't miss the raising disc and physical ball lock, doesn't make the game better imo, just slower. For decision I had "+" and "-" as well compared to premium... So decided to go pro. Can't go wrong anyway on that pin, it's one that will be getting better and better by learning the rules and just keep playing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=trektobbygermany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.