86757236-FD1B-4F9F-A8BC-93F776D1A8C9 (resized).jpeg
94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg
22895BF8-BA8E-4354-AC71-28443DC6D943 (resized).jpeg
AiQ01 (resized).jpg
AiQ02 (resized).jpg
IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
22B406AF-2984-40CE-81C6-540BC20E6798 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tippyroad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7957 52 days ago

Hey guys! I've been reading this thread for some time now and I'd like to say that I've enjoyed it thoroughly. I picked up my aiq premium a few weeks back and I have loved every minute of it. I've done several things to personalize and upgrade my machine. I added Stearns art blades, Shaker motor, Captain America flipper top bats, and I just completed new Titan competition rubbers installation. Although there's one rubber that I was hoping somebody here might help me figure out the best way to replace it. There's a 7/16 post rubber directly behind the black widow ramp. It's actually up against the ramp where you can't pull the rubber off. Can someone tell me the easiest way to replace this rubber?

PXL_20210901_200206827 (resized).jpg
#7993 50 days ago

Walk Lock / 502-7138-00

Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone have the part number for the updated portal lock subway mech?
cheers

1 week later
#8185 37 days ago

My auto plunge struggles to make it up the ramp and down the rail. I might be getting one out of five if I'm lucky. I think I'll definitely be upgrading to that coil thanks for the info. I also just placed a large order from pinball life! I guess that's just the pinball life...

#8197 36 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Definitely try as EaglePin and I suggest about checking how the ball is resting and leaves the auto plunger as well as trying different power settings, but if none of that works on a repeatable lasting basis, the replacement coil will definitely get the job done. You most likely will have to turn down the power once installed and don't forget to remove the diode if the new coil has one.
The new coil was ultimately the best solution for me and luckily it's not very expensive and a pretty easy install.

I did use slow mo recording for the Captain marvel ramp when I wasn't able to make it up there very often. That's when I decided to pick up T diddy's Captain marvel ramp fix. That's a great idea I don't know why I didn't think to do that for this issue. Thank you both for the great advice on both fronts. This place is awesome just cuz you get so many eyes on the same issues and get many different perspectives.

#8198 36 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Before getting the new coil, have you tried filming the launch with slow motion video to see what's happening? If not, it might be worth checking with slo-mo video to see what's happening as the ball leaves the shooter lane. Is it going cleanly into and through the orbit or is it slowing down because it's hitting the ball guide in the orbit and rattling? If it's hitting the ball guide, then you might be able to adjust how the ball is entering the orbit by tweaking the metal shooter lane ramp or adjusting how the ball rests on the forks of the auto launcher (is it resting equally on both forks so it's coming straight down the lane from the auto launcher?).
The standard coil should be plenty strong enough to get the ball around the orbit and up the ramp. Seems like there's a decent chance you just need to adjust how it's entering the orbit and that could fix the issue.

Great advice I'll definitely be doing this.

#8199 36 days ago

Just in case anyone is interested, I just received an updated walk lock mechanism for the portal Subway system. Just figured I'd throw some pics on here so people can see how Stern updated it. I was having issues with one of my fingers not retracting all the way and my game would kick out portal locked balls before I entered the gem quest.

PXL_20210916_205311832 (resized).jpgPXL_20210916_205316264 (resized).jpgPXL_20210916_205321750 (resized).jpgPXL_20210916_205408949 (resized).jpg
#8216 35 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

2 has been my max

I scored my first 3 gem game tonight!

#8272 31 days ago

Oh man, bittersweet pinball. I just nailed down one of my highest scoring games which is a modest 200 million. Although I actually won 0 gems . I installed my new walk lock today and I have to say it works great. Everything seems to be functioning as it should. I wanted to point out per my balls not making it up the ramp on auto launch. When I switched out my walk lock I also took the time to novus #2 my playfield inside the easier areas and installed some new silverjet balls. Now my auto plunger makes it up the back of the playfield ramp nearly every time. I'm astonished with what a huge difference that made. Does anyone have any recommendations for reaching some of the harder to reach areas on the playfield to clean? Is the only option to tear it down or is there something I can use to stick in there and get it clean enough...

#8372 25 days ago

Hey guys! Can someone point me to the best place to buy cliffy protectors for my AIQ?

1 week later
#8479 16 days ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Wow... how did you pull that off with Stern cancelling all the October-December shipments for 2021 and pushing everything back to 2022 ?

When you say everything do you mean all avengers or do you mean all runs other than Godzilla?

#8480 16 days ago

How would I find out about Sterns build schedule and or shipping schedule?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tippyroad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside