04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4338 3 years ago

I don’t own this game yet but played it a couple of times on location (which immediately made me want to buy it due to the amazing shot layout) and I’ve watched many hours of RayDay and IEpinball streams - I just don’t see how you could call this machine repetitive. The gems all have distinct “modes” to capture and distinct “powers” when you place them. They can all become multi balls with portal locks too. Add in the bingo grid, Iron Man and Thor multi balls, even little things like Hawkeye challenge and Gamma Ray spinner rips. So many fluid shots to combo. Collecting and leveling up the Avengers.

What other game has a 25 page rule sheet created by the manufacturer?

I just sold my JP Premium (now that is repetitive - all paddocks follow the same rinse and repeat rules) and am picking up AIQ Premium tomorrow - can’t wait!

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I posted this before but adding this little piece of plex has improved my Captain Marvel shot SO MUCH that i now find myself chaining Black Widow to Captain Marvel on a loop until i get some portal locks going.

I picked up a premium yesterday and I’ve noticed really strong shots often reject, and this looks like the best solution. It may be obvious once I get in there, but how did you attach this plexi? I assume it attaches to the left edge of the ramp entrance somehow, but there is an opto there not too far from the edge. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I’m also getting a balls hung up on the lip at the edge of the long cutout in the trough - I’ll try filing in a bevel to the end to see if it helps. I also need to play with my playfield angle some - it is too steep now and I’m getting balls going SDTM from the tower if I don’t flip, and also balls coming from left orbit seem to hit the left sling.

This game is a BLAST though - had so much fun playing it for a couple of hours last night. Still learning the rules but got my first Soul Gem and I think my best was 3 Gems total. My wife wanted to play a second game, which is pretty rare.

#4472 3 years ago

I bought a sheet of Lexan and am going to make myself one of these this evening. I noticed that yours stops below the end of the short metal rail, and I've seen others that extend further up. Curious how that may affect this and if the length affects the performance at all.

I have enough Lexan that I might try both.

#4475 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you have installed my fix, not knowing its me, commenting on my next post where I say that I still have rejects with the plastic in place, recommending me my fix. Thats kind of funny

ABE_FLIPS That change in direction as the ball goes up the ramp is really odd. Does that happen always? Almost looks like it might be ball spin related. I assume you've checked the ramp to make sure it is uniform. I'll see if I can take some before/after videos of mine when I work on it this evening.

#4537 3 years ago

I used double sided Gorilla tape to attach mine. Bought it and the smallest piece of 0.93” thick Lexan I could find at Home Depot. I was able to score and snap the Lexan pretty easily with a box cutter. I went with 1” thick and 2.25” long, as I wanted the top to be just below the kinked metal rail.

It has made a HUGE difference on my CM ramp - especially on very hard hit shots, which tended to get rejected often. There are still rejects, but I’d say they are shots that aren’t clean and deserve to be rejected. Cannot recommend this mod enough.

#4548 3 years ago

I really can't see how this is making the ramp easier than intended, especially since the shots I was having rejected the most were the strongest shots in the center of the ramp - those are the ones that SHOULD make it and now DO. Name one other pinball ramp that has a cutout opening just past the ramp flap on purpose. I have to guess that this was done for manufacturing reasons.

In my opinion this is just like the JP Tower shot with those annoying rounded screw heads that scraped the ball. Do you think those were put in at Keith's request? I took those out and put down some mylar without a second thought, because they clearly were interfering with an already difficult shot.

1 month later
#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Love this game. So fun in a home environment. This is my first stern so I have one question.
I hear a fan in the back box. When the fan is on it is a surprisingly loud whirring noise. It’s obviously the fan with how it turns off and on during play or between games. Is this normal for sterns and I haven’t noticed in bars before. Or is this something I should look into?

Normal, unfortunately. I put Pinmonk fans on all my Sterns:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

It is a simple mod that will fix the problem.

AND that’s what I get for not reading to the end of the thread. Answered multiple times already

#6229 3 years ago

Here is what I've noticed with the subway mech on my premium. I had the original version of the subway (the center slot did not extend all the way to the end) and the problem I had was with balls getting hung up on the lip at the edge of the slot. I tried filing the edge to remove the lip and that did help a bit, but not completely.

Then I got the replacement subway that has the center slot extending all the way to the end. When I installed it, I knew I was still going to have issues as the center slot narrows as it approaches the vuk. You don't see this before installing, but it happens when installed. There is nothing at the end of the slot to prevent the two halves from naturally pushing together.

I think that this narrowing is now causing the teeth to get stuck sometimes, and I'm still having issues.

I've thought about gluing a narrow piece of plexi on the bottom of the subway just before the VUK - this would keep the slot width constant all the way to the vuk, and hopefully give the teeth enough clearance to not get stuck.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense - I don't have any photos yet. If I try this mod and it works I'll take some pics and share them.

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I've had that issue with the walking mech from day 1, and finally just fixed it by moving a single washer, shown here. It probably would have been better to add a second one, but I didn't have the right size/thickness on hand. Walking mech problem has not happened since, but it has only been a week or so.

I just pulled my walking mech to look at the subway and pretty much came to a similar conclusion. I had a second washer and I ended up placing it in a different location - on the backside of tooth 11. The basic problem is that the tooth 11 needs to be held up by piece 8, but there is too much slop and 8 can push up without taking 11 with it. Adding a washer behind tooth 11 keeps it away from the edge and makes better contact with 8.

I'm still planning on doing something with my subway itself to keep the slot wide enough. There isn't much room at the end so that may be tricky.

Stern really needs to redesign the walking mech. It is clearly a poor design.

#6250 3 years ago

When I got my replacement subway (the one with the slot cut all the way to the end) I noticed that the two halves near the VUK were being pushed together after installing. This contributed to the teeth closest to the VUK getting stuck up when they should have been dropping. Yesterday I came up with a simple solution that seems to be working so far.

I cut a small piece of Lexan and epoxied it to the bottom of the subway to keep the slot at a constant width when installed, The Lexan is very narrow so as not to interfere with the metal cover that is installed over the subway. Here are some before and after pics.

This wasn't enough to completely solve my issue. I also had to add a washer behind one of the teeth in the mech (see my post above on how I did that - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/125#post-6205345)

I've only played a handful of games so far, but my subway FINALLY seems to be performing as intended. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

IMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0168 (resized).jpegIMG_0168 (resized).jpegIMG_0169 (resized).jpegIMG_0169 (resized).jpeg
#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is this from stern or a modder?

You can just make one yourself with a small piece of Lexan and some double sided tape. I don't know who originally came up with it but here is a good picture of it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865

You can buy a 3D printed one from somebody here but I prefer the clear look. It takes 5 minutes to score/snap/tape.

Made a huge difference in rejects on my CM ramp.

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

With mine (Premium) it's all aboot ball speed.
Slow balls got to right flipper, fast get a bounce and go to left. So there is a weird middle speed that can go SDTM; not too often though.

This shot always keeps you on your toes. Mine is exactly the same. I’ve heard the Pro has a slightly different feed but I’m not sure how that could be. Think it was Raymond Davidson that said that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.