IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thomas3184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 3 years ago

Nice, so subway still works but you just get virtual portal locks?

Quoted from hmannn1:

You can do one better even. Take the mechanism off with those nuts and set the adjustment to 'pass through'. Disc still works but the locks just fly into the VUK instead.

#1249 3 years ago

Yeah that’s what it looks like there, backbox bottom metal bent.

Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yeah I went as far as removing the top most staple and moving the grounding strap out of the way. It's weird, almost like the bottom metal might have some kind of bowing keeping it above the cabinet.
[quoted image]

#1253 3 years ago

You can install the inside bolts if they are flush instead of the outside ones.

Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. We'll see what Stern says but not sure what to "adjust" there so I'm leaving it. Almost worse than the wait of a new pin is having it stare right at you and not being able to play. Sigh.

#1265 3 years ago

Per the manual, pro vs prem/le uses different rubber there. Presumably because of the standup target vs vuk.

Quoted from flashburn:

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

2 months later
#3859 3 years ago

Just ordered a pro, merry christmas to all!

#3869 3 years ago

You open the coin door and there are 4 buttons on the inside of the door to go into settings and play with them all. You can look up unboxing videos to see what people do.

Quoted from jcripps:

Pro in the house as of Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to play it until Friday... It's Killing me.
This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks![quoted image]

2 weeks later
#4247 3 years ago

Does anybody’s shooter lane look like this? It seems like it is machined too deep and too long. Has a hard edge at the end instead of a smooth transition causing airballs on launches making it around the loop unpredictably.

B858D6FE-A743-4CE6-A18D-94B25B45B2B4 (resized).jpegB858D6FE-A743-4CE6-A18D-94B25B45B2B4 (resized).jpeg
#4256 3 years ago

Video of what it looks like, any ideas?

Quoted from Thomas3184:

Does anybody’s shooter lane look like this? It seems like it is machined too deep and too long. Has a hard edge at the end instead of a smooth transition causing airballs on launches making it around the loop unpredictably.
[quoted image]

51D0B2D2-543E-4B4B-9F96-9F08F877DD6B.gif51D0B2D2-543E-4B4B-9F96-9F08F877DD6B.gif
#4268 3 years ago

Happens with both manual and autoplunge. Ball sits center and goes straight, but once it hits that edge at the end of the groove it catches air. Wondering if anyone else has a shooter lane groove that looks like mine.

I read previous suggestions of turning down the strength but that didn’t help. Leaving it high gives the most consistent results.

#4271 3 years ago

Good call, I will place some mylar over there to try and smooth that out.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I wonder if you tried putting a shooter lane protector over your groove if it would help make less of a lip there?

#4272 3 years ago

My TMNT is smooth and doesn’t take off, I would assume that is normal, but I have no other comparison and a newbie as well.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

newbie question here,
what would be considered as normal operation here? the ball never taking off the PF?

#4282 3 years ago

Putting mylar down and setting autoplunger to 220 seems to be working well to get up the ramp consistently for me if anyone has similar issue, thanks!

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I wonder if you tried putting a shooter lane protector over your groove if it would help make less of a lip there?

#4295 3 years ago

Does your shooter lane not have that groove at the end? You have a pic of what it looks like? You might be able to go even lower on power if yours is smooth.

Quoted from TenaciousT:

I was having the same auto shot problem as Thomas3184 and set mine to 220 and it seamed to work a lot better . I don't think it has anything to do with the playfield grove !

#4314 3 years ago

Or just fit another machine right in there, looks like you have space.

Quoted from BirdForce1:

Since it's Deadpool/AIQ show and tell time, here's mine. The only 2 I own. I've had DP for 2 years and will probably sell 1 of these 2 beautiful games later on this year and get something else. I love them both, but theme-wise, I'll have a very hard time departing with DP. I kind of wish the DP theme was on AIQ...then it'd be a no-brainer. With a small line up, I don't really want 2 super hero themes.
Now if I had a Premium/LE DP and AIQ, I'd probably keep the AIQ. I admit I wish I had the CM ramp and disk to subway.
[quoted image]

#4333 3 years ago

That’s how it should have been designed in the first place anyways. More reliable and cheaper, but some people like those physical locks.

Quoted from Clytor:

So I'm loving AIQ Premium. Unfortunately I'm having a binding issue on my walking lock assembly. To be completely honest, it's the only feature on this game that I don't like as much. I think I found the perfect solution, for me anyway. I removed the the walker part from the subway and turned the subway lock behavior setting to pass through. I think the only implications, in regards to code, are that you now have virtual locks. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I dig shooting the rising spinner disc. Now the ball just rolls straight to the VUK. Sure, you may be taking a similar amount of time to choose a gem quest but I just like it better. I'm sure a lot work went into the design of the lock and I don't mean to take from that. This may be a good solution if you have an issue with yours and are waiting for a new part. Just disconnect the coil connector and remove the 3 nuts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4450 3 years ago

Also make sure you didn’t add a missing nut under that black panther rail to allow it to flex.

#4459 3 years ago

Mine looks like that too, but my BP shots are smooth. I am hesitant to drill new holes too unless there is an issue.

Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

toddmann - here is a pic of mine. Looks like ours were mounted the same. Before I move mine down, did you slide yours down and mount it by piloting new holes? I may not be as brave as you unless I know for sure this was mounted in error. Anyone else’s ramps look different? [quoted image]

#4482 3 years ago

Or convert to gif

#4664 3 years ago

Tres commas.

#4675 3 years ago

So I sent the pic and video of my shooter lane with a lip at the end causing erratic launches to my distributor since I still have issues after placing mylar and adjusting autolaunch power. Stern says they are going to send a populated playfield replacement. Fingers crossed.

#4819 3 years ago

Upper flipper is default lower power, don’t need much since the shots are closer, haven’t needed fan there.

Quoted from bossk4hire:

I ordered a set too! But I only comes with 2 fans and this table has three. Are folks only having issues with the bottom flippers and not the top?

#4892 3 years ago

Well his first game is like most of my games haha

Quoted from Apollyon:

If anyone wants to feel really bad about their performance, check out this video. Shows you just about everything there is to see in the game. SPOILER ALERT - final Battle Thanos mode reached at 1:46:00 and defeated.

#4895 3 years ago

Yes

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

the topper is like JPs topper? special mode that only comes with the topper?

#4960 3 years ago

Mine was flopping around too! Found the pin in the back of the cab.

Quoted from TenaciousT:

Groo - When you set yours up let us know if Stern put the safety pin on the Cash Box or is the Cash Box just flopping around inside like mine was and others I've seen ? Stern can't even do that right !

#4988 3 years ago

You can rotate the flipper rubber slightly every few hundred games to make them last longer.

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Can't hear mine at all either! Definitely see a difference..... Hitting the ramps alot better after a few good games.
I'm gonna have to get better or just buy and bunch and keep them on hand haha.
Anyone else as bad as I am and beating up the tip of the top flipper rubber?[quoted image]

1 week later
#5285 3 years ago

I put real knockers in, that sound is nostalgic.

I found that pitch at 6.7 at the flippers is working pretty well for me, it is 6.5 near the top. Might experiment with going higher eventually, but 6.5 at the flipper seems too slow for this game.

#5310 3 years ago

This is normal on a premium

Quoted from mbelofsky:

I replaced the two 3/16” rubbers at the lower end of the right loop with a 5/16” super band rubber. (All I had). Obviously I knew it would change things. It ended up bouncing the ball to the left sling, drop targets or in/out lanes. I put the two 3/16” original rubbers back and thought it would cause the ball to roll straight to the right flipper. But they do stick out a bit with original but normally bounce to the left flipper. I assuming this is “normal” flow?

#5401 3 years ago

Pops increase the value, mini loop (hawkeye shot) qualifies it, thru pops (captain america shot) collects.

Or what I do, flail around randomly and get it whenever.

Quoted from eyeguy123:

This is my first New game purchase and I have been very happy. I find it challenging yet entertaining. I have only earned 2 gems in a game so far, so have a lot of improving. Question, how do you earn the Shied bonus?

#5444 3 years ago

I have resorted to manual plunging everything outside of multiball.

1 week later
#5833 3 years ago

Finally received a playfield replacement. If your shooter lane is messed up like this contact your distributor. Hopefully this solves the issue and not create more issues.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

[quoted image]

#5926 3 years ago

Like 24 or you can adjust it down to 8 in settings.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

After barely being able to break 300M over the last couple of weeks, this happened.
Lost Thanos Attack, beat Battle Royale, and then beat Battle Thanos.
The wizard modes were all awesome!
Curious to know, how many trophies do you need for a Mania?[quoted image]

1 week later
#6117 3 years ago

That’s too easy though.

Quoted from JROC:

I just put the ball in the shooter lane and replunge once I have the glass/lock bar back on.

1 week later
#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

And then recharge them back up to their max with a bunch of hits to the shot with the gem? I haven’t been able to keep track of this during a game very well apparently...

Change gem or space gem to move or replace them to recharge.

2 months later
#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

ZMeny is my distributor as well!
He’s the first I am ordering a NIB from, and I’m sure I will come back for another! His communication is on point. Not to mention his channel on YouTube is awesome!
So, Shout-out time! Thanks for answering all my questions and helping me with my first NIB Zach!
He was kind enough to send me a selfie with my pin to let me know my first order is in good hands and about to ship!
Super stoked to get it!
[quoted image]

Always hear good things about him. Tried to buy from him on two separate occasions. Never picked up and didn’t return my calls so didn’t try a third time lol.

#7123 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

With so many spam calls these days I screen all calls. Maybe just email next time. That’s what I did. I’ve gotten responses every dumb question I had. Lol

I would have thought a voicemail stating I wanted to buy a pinball machine would warrant a return call, but too late now anyways. Was always told to call distributors for best pricing.

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

does it matter if you tap from top or bottom? Use a screwdriver or something?

I push from the bottom, they don’t come out easy though. Cliffy has pictures of them installed on this page. I didn’t install the 3 bank.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#7212 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm probably at like 90+% success rate, it has slowly been getting worse since I got it. I think Im gonna do some slow-mo video to see how the ball bounces around as it exits the wireform to see what needs to be done. I suspect I need to move the exit hole slightly to the back and right, or twist the wireform slightly so the ball falls out cleanly but I think the slow-mo video will show it more clearly.

Take a look at the one way gate next to it to see if bending that down a little helps.

#7232 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Hi all. I have a Pro. Anyone have some good hacks for wiping/waxing the hard-to-reach parts of the playfield without having to do a major tear down? I'm thinking specifically about the back part of the launch path since launch success is so temperamental on this machine. Thanks.

I use a chopstick, ghetto right?

1 week later
#7359 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Anyone had this issue with their game? Ball is getting stuck/trapped in the upper Pop, it wedges itself between the Popper and the metal guide rail. It's happened 5 times in 25 games, and always when I'm playing well
If you've had this issue as well let me know what your solution was. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Search “stuck” in this thread you will see different fixes from bumpers to bending to protectors.

1 month later
#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Just had a breakthrough game on my Pro this afternoon after spending some time getting to better understand the rules and experimenting with strategies. 1.8B was my top for the last 3 months and hadn't sniffed collecting more than 4 gems in a game. Today's game - collected all 6 gems, trophy mania, computer frenzy, BOM, Battle Royal, Battled Thanos w/out losing a gem, defeated Thanos and hit just about everything else. Thanks AllenLeper for the guidance!!! 3.7B is the new neighborhood record!
The only question I have is if you reach the final Defeat Thanos mode with all 6 gems, do you automatically defeat him and don't have to actually do anything? That's what happened to me and it was a little underwhelming. I got my 1B points but there wasn't an final battle mode.
[quoted image]

That is correct. You already got all the gems so no reason to battle him.

2 weeks later
#7813 2 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

This look about right? Shot to tower feels super tight. Git gud or upper flipper a little too "in"?
[quoted image]

Way too far in. Should be pointed centered toward hole in playfield

1 week later
#7863 2 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

The target right behind the portal seems to be the main one and sometimes off the portal itself

You need to check to make sure the portal is level with the playfield. If you can’t adjust the bushings and mounting sufficiently underneath to accomplish this you will need a refurbishment kit from stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,250 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thomas3184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.