04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tenacioust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

I'm glad their making some before they get to my Premium - practice makes perfect !

#165 3 years ago

So I see in the spec. sheet that the LE comes with a shaker motor . So the prototype of Keith's that Jack Danger has been playing not have the shaker motor / not working ? No one has mentioned it ?

#251 3 years ago

Ok - just waiting on my A.I.Q prem. = Purple flipper rubbers , check . Moded shooter rod ( by me ) , check .

DSCF0921 (resized).JPGDSCF0921 (resized).JPG
#318 3 years ago

So if you have not seen the Marco TV vid ( link at post #311 ) and want to know what the mechs. are like in AIQ , take the time and watch it ! Lead Engineer Harrison Drake has a very good interview with all the inner workings of the game along with what its like working w/ Elwin - Riche and more . I'll save you 4 min of your life - skip to 4:42 in ! How is it I never heard of Marco TV ?

#413 3 years ago

Good God I hope someone gets their AIQ LE soon ! Because right now this thred is B-O-R-I-N-G !

#421 3 years ago

So will Stan Lee be hidden in the art or screen any place ? That would have been a great tribute to that amazing man ! He loved to do the "cameos" and I always looked forward to seeing him in one .

#433 3 years ago

Looks like a good time to replace it with a little rubber Dr. Strange figure .

#615 3 years ago

Hay Motorcity - Dont' you need to jack up the back legs a little more ?

#705 3 years ago

So SKWilson - I had to stop watching your unboxing vid . because everything was drawkcab !

1 week later
#1134 3 years ago

Hats off to the guys adding the yellow T-molding - that puts the finishing touch on the LE's that Stern should have done . Check out the LE @ post #936 best looking LE so far !

#1207 3 years ago

My daughter just back from Marvin's MMM and the AIQ le was shut down ! I asked her if it was broken ? She didn't know !

1 week later
#1602 3 years ago

So in the twitch video ( link at post #1594 ) near the end Gary S . and Jack Danger are playing a few games on a AIQ pro and they say - shooter feels weak . I think Gary said he had to change to a differnt spring on his . Ha ! Will they change springs when they build the Prem.s ? Now I know I have more games at my house than Gary Stern has at his ! Ha !

#1636 3 years ago

fxdwg = If it were me I would find a friend or weld shop . Looks like a easy weld job . I would not waite for Stern .

#1654 3 years ago

Check out post #643 best pic's of what broke !

1 month later
#3159 3 years ago

Mmmmm - second secret skill shot !

1 week later
#3442 3 years ago

Greaseman - So just wondering when you ordered your AIQ prem. ? Me and a lot of others have been waiting since the first of September for a Premium . Still no call or any idea when it will come ?

#3487 3 years ago

Time to - Knock on wood !

#3531 3 years ago

The one I don't get is - they couldn't hide Stan Lee somewhere ? After all no Stan Lee no Marvel World .

1 week later
#3659 3 years ago

So after a long wait for my AIQ prem. ( build date Dec. 8 ) I have a problem right out of the box . After a few games when the ball goes into the portal lock and into the subway it stops at the first lock ( Stern might call it lock 3 ) . The ball sets there untill the game does a ball search - ball gets released and down the subway then kicked out of the VUK . Also now at game start up the Subway lock coil fires 21 times then when I check Tech. report I get - Subway Lock Device Malfunction . Already checked connectors would like to test the opto's but they are hidden deep in the subway . Will make a call to Tech. support ? Looks like a fun game ! Ha !

#3661 3 years ago

Lermods - Good point - I'll check . Today I played a few games and the Portal would stay up as in , shoot a ball in there and it would stay up - go through a ball search - shoot a ball back in - wash and repete . So I think more going on then just a opto ? Another thing I'll check is when I opened the coin door the cash box was all side ways inside . They never put the safety clip on correct ! That may have damaged something ?

#3682 3 years ago

Because no one has has brought this up yet - the new AIQ premiums come with washers on the leg bolts ! I looked threw the manual and the setup sheet that comes with the game and no mention of the washers for the bolts .I watched the unboxing LE with the G.O.A.T and it did not have the washers . I went ahead and used them under the bolt head and - they just look funny . So are you useing them or not ? I never knew leg bolts were a problem that you would need washers ?

#3701 3 years ago

This question is for ChrisBardon or anyone else - in the subway opto test you did , the ball steped through the subway . When I try it - first of all it shows #48 closed - when I roll a ball in #49 closes but ball will not step through the subway . Coin door is shut . Looks like opto #48 is my problem ! Anyone have a fix ?

#3712 3 years ago

So - I was able to fix my Subway lock today ! Mine was like no other . It would kick the Subway lock 21 times at start up . The center opto was showing closed in the subway test . You have to remove the lock metal box to even see the opto's . when you can see them - in test - with the coin door closed they have tiny red led's on the receiver side to show they are working . Oh and there is a trick - the center #48 opto is just the opposite side of #47 and #49 . So I wiggled the wires = nothing - Flexed the board and it started working . Tip - when you put the lock fingers back in the plastic make sure they are in the right place or you'll have to do it again so the ball will step in game play . So Stern needs to send me a new opto board to replace this flakey one .

#3713 3 years ago

In 20 games I have not seen the up post pop up and stop the ball ! Please tell - when that should happen ? Or do I have to fix that too ?

#3717 3 years ago

When you take off the metal lock box the plastic part is still attached to the bottom of the playfield . But when I touched the opto board it started working . So flakey opto was the problem !

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Also my plunger seems to be too far back and i cant make a flull plunge. Auto plunger works.

I think Stern used a weak shooter spring ( orange ) I might try a red one . If you watch a YouTube vid. about a factory tour with Jack Danger - at the end Jack is playing a game with Gary Stern and they mention that the shooter doesn't feel right !

#3759 3 years ago

TIP : Easy AIQ LE/ Prem opto switch Test : This test can be done with the playfield glass on ! With the game on - open the coindoor and go to switch test - close the coin door . Your looking for the RED light on the opto's .
Right ramp exit switch 58 - look right next to the Gauntlet the easy one to see ! Now you know what your looking for .
Left ramp exit switch 41 - Look through the tallest building in the back plastic .
Tower Switch 36 , 37 , 38 - from the right side of the game look through the right side of the tower under the 'A" see 3 glowing .
Subway enter switch 46 - Look straight down through the gem stone next to the portal .
Subway switch 47 & 49 - Look down through the subway window they glow off the bottom of the subway .
Subway switch 48 -Look straight down through the gem stone Captian Marvel is holding .
Inner Loop Switch 59 - put your eye at glass level and side rail - near the Subway VUK and look under the plastic with skull guy in a Hoodie !

#3760 3 years ago

The reason I did the opto TIP is because this is the secound time I've had trouble with opto's on my game . After fixing the 48 subway opto the game still didn't play right . I could hit the Right ramp and it didn't do any thing . So I put the game in switch test - ran a ball around the ramp / nothing - tried some other switches , they worked . Pushed on the opto board and bing bango it's working . It's easy to see it's working because the RED lights up your face . So is that something new with Stern opto's - you need to push in the boards to activate them ? If I only knew then what I know now ! Hope this helps someone and the people that get their games in February or March !

#3802 3 years ago

This is what I think is the problem with the Captian Marvel ramp ! That ball guide should not stick out and hit the ball . Counted 5 places the ball is able to hit the ball guide . Not good !

DSCF0929 (resized).JPGDSCF0929 (resized).JPG
#3803 3 years ago

If your tired of not making it all the way around on a plunge ? Easy fix is to replace the plunger spring with a RED spring . Red spring makes it all the way around so you can make the 2 skill shots on the left side !

#3843 3 years ago

Installed my topper today ! I also use it when I see Michael Jackson get his pop corn out for thoes controversial topics .

DSCF0925 (resized).JPGDSCF0925 (resized).JPG
#3844 3 years ago

Does anyone know what might be going on with my portal ? Had the game for a week and never played one full game correctly 100% . I'll start and say I do not think it is a mech. problem . Start the game and play untill you open the portal - shoot the ball into the portal - ball walkes through the subway is kicked out - portal still up - shoot the ball in the portal - and you can keep doing that untill you get sick of it . I did notice if you get Thor or Iron man multiball going it does close , but when thats over it comes back up . Played a 2 player game - player 1 game ended with the portal up - When player 2 started - portal closed and played fine untill you opened the portal - same old shit all over . Ball 2 for player 1 - before you can shoot the ball portal is already open - same old shit again ! Is it the code messed up in only my game ??? I will pick up a USB stick today and up load my code . Thanks for looking T .

#3847 3 years ago

I had trouble out of the box with flakey opto' s . switches are good now .

#3856 3 years ago

I have to Ghost for now till after Christmas , but I will try to down load new code to see if that helps . Thanks T.

#4029 3 years ago

Speaking of Post sleeves - why are the made out of hard plastic now - switched mine to rubber - much better . As for upside down ? What ?

#4044 3 years ago

Kinda like when your Grandma put the plastic on her new couch !

#4158 3 years ago

Seeing a lot of people posting issues with the disk. If I could figure out how to do it, I’d like to see a poll of how many people are having an issue.
Please do ! I want to git in on that action !

1 week later
#4293 3 years ago

I was having the same auto shot problem as Thomas3184 and set mine to 220 and it seamed to work a lot better . I don't think it has anything to do with the playfield grove !

#4296 3 years ago

My lane is like yous but the ball was out of control before it got to the groove .

#4302 3 years ago

So with my AIQ prem. there was a flyer from Gary Stern " Thank you for your purchase ! " Register your product to redeem your LIMITED EDITION stern insider reward * Unique to each title . Did anyone else do this and what did you get ????

1 week later
#4536 3 years ago

So - used a piece of card stock to make a pattern to cut out my Lexan - now how do you fix it to the ramp ?

#4540 3 years ago

Ya - Gorilla tape is not happening on mine !

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yeah going to call stern Monday

Call Stern - Thats a funny one !

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I'm seeing an issue where my spinning disc never lowers. This was not a problem prior to the code update. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

My Prem works as it should with the disk up /down The first game - was able to get 3 portal locks ! Think you down loaded the pro ver .

#4725 3 years ago

So- how is the LE code different from the Prem . code ?

#4743 3 years ago

My Prem. took 45 min. to down load ! Thought maybe because 100 others were down loading at the same time ?

#4825 3 years ago

Hay Peanuts - The factory had it right - you have it wrong now . When the ball goes down the portal = it's enter -3-2-1- vuk !

#4842 3 years ago

So from a cradle with the ball on the right flipper - is anyone able to hit and make the Captian Marvel ramp ???

#4941 3 years ago

Groo - When you set yours up let us know if Stern put the safety pin on the Cash Box or is the Cash Box just flopping around inside like mine was and others I've seen ? Stern can't even do that right !

1 week later
#5243 3 years ago

BrackAttac- I have the same problem with mine !

1 week later
#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

- Some strategic leds (

You can forget about adding them to new games !

#5604 3 years ago

So I watched the unboxing of a LZLE on the march Stern State of the Union . You can clearly see the guy at the end of the assembly line still does not know how to put the Cash Box lock pin in ! Will someone please go to the end of the line and show them how to install it correctly so the box does not bang around inside during shipping !

#5647 3 years ago

WOW ! Lots of good things to see and do in this code update . Says the new Binary champ .Ha !

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

and i can now backhand the CM ramp.

Wait - So your saying you can Backhand the CM ramp ? I've never seen any one else do that and I can't even come close .

#5823 3 years ago

I would sure like to see a vido. of a true Backhand from a cradle up the Capitan Marvel ramp . I've watched a lot of game play and have never seen a pro . player even try a true Backhand shot. It would make me a believer if Elwin did it !

2 months later
#7086 2 years ago

Does anyone else think in a future code update they will add an Impossible or Hero mode like they just did on Mandalorian ?

3 weeks later
#7349 2 years ago

OK - so why are new games coming with v1.02.0 code prem. and the rest of us can only down load v1.01.0 prem. ???

2 weeks later
#7461 2 years ago

So with the July Stern of the Union Address I was looking for the 1.02.0 code update the new game owners are getting = NOPE !

6 months later
#9113 2 years ago

I love Knockers and it works just fine on mine ! Check your settings .

2 months later
#9403 2 years ago

Jakers - Was that a weak shot that just stoped there , AKA - one in a million ? or a hard shot that wedged in there ?

2 months later
#10015 1 year ago

I would like to see code change so you could lock 3 ball in the Portal locks ! Or can you do that now and I'm just missing something ?

6 months later
#11186 1 year ago

I didn't know it was possible by anyone to backhand the Capitan Marvel ramp !

#11211 1 year ago

I'll get the Popcorn ready !

2 months later
#11684 1 year ago

So what does the playfield level read on the game near the shooter rod ?

3 months later
#11982 9 months ago

It means your opto is working !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
6,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tenacioust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=tenacioust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.