IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone have shipping info yet? Got to think some go out this week or early next week. I was asked to pay in full the other day.

LEs next week, Pros the week after that.

#449 3 years ago

Had a chance to play the pro this past weekend and had a blast. Played about 5 games on it and was sold instantly.

Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti are Stern’s best assents right now. Just put them on all future projects together

C102997D-7969-4DCA-AA2D-6FB9579A8D89 (resized).jpegC102997D-7969-4DCA-AA2D-6FB9579A8D89 (resized).jpeg
#499 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't expect you'll be disappointed either. Based on Pro model reviews, this one is shaping up to be a winner. I believe the premium/LEs will be even more fun with the added wireforms, subway, and moving Dr. Strange disc

Haven't played the Premium/LE, but I got strong Metallica similarity in the coffin lock/Strange lock. Cool visual, but doesn't really impact gameplay. The vuk and additional wireform will change how the game shoots, but the pro doesn't feel like a stripped down game on its own. The left side of the playfield is unchanged between all models and thats where a majority of the action/shots are.

Majority of people in this thread are going premium, but I think the pro is going to surprise people with how much game is in there. The Thanos glove on the pro almost looks like it was made with Modders in mind. There will be a custom mod that replicates or tops the premium glove in short time. Can't wait for my pro in a few weeks

1 week later
#854 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Any word for shipping on home use Pro's ? Dealers all got one early and looks like some operators are getting some Pro's. Any info on the first main batch of Pro's shipping ?

My distributor said he'd be getting in pros for customers (non operators) late this week, Thursday or Friday.

#1088 3 years ago

Got my pro today and love the game. Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti both have flawless track records in my book. All of the shots except the Ant-Man standup(VUK on the prem/le) are very long. The game is pretty forgiving and is comparable in difficulty to Iron Maiden, especially in that I feel that Iron Maiden really only has one challenging shot (left ramp between pops) and so does AIQ (Captain America shot between pops, occasionally blocked by the strange disc). Because all of the main shots are way up the playfield, theres plenty of time to nudge and recover, which is why I think it plays longer. The right orbit (Black Panther) to ramp is smooth as butter and so satisfying to hit. All of the main shots flow so well together.

The location I was routing my games at closed down, which forced me to rapidly downsize my collection, resulting in this AIQ. Kind of bittersweet because while I love this new game for my personal collection, I think this game is gonna be a hit on route between the theme and forgiving-enough-for-newbs difficulty with the 25-page ruleset for experienced pinheads.

Regardless if you get a pro or Prem/LE, if you've enjoyed Elwin's games up to this point, you're gonna be happy with this game.

avengersiq (resized).jpgavengersiq (resized).jpg
#1154 3 years ago

Today is the first time I’ve actually bothered reading through the Stern rulesheet and Jesus does this game have an awesome rule set.

I thought maybe the Strange disc or Stark tower was detecting phantom/incorrect hits as some modes were starting inconsistently as 2 or 3 ball multi balls, but turns out it’s related to Portal locks turning gem modes into multiballs.

I HATED the shot multiplier mechanic of Star Wars, but feel the gem shot placement on AIQ works well for mode completion.

What is everyone’s opinion on the difficulty of modes? I haven’t played them all enough to rank difficulty in order or really know what’s going on occasionally, but I had a 5 minute long Thor multiball stacked with Time Gem mode and still couldn’t beat Promixa Midnight.

I was considering using AIQ as tradebait for a TWD premium/LE, but girlfriend had told me I’m not allowed to get rid of it. I’m glad as the game is growing on me the more I dig into the rules. It is astounding how much they’ve crammed into this game at launch.

#1243 3 years ago

Of the 5 main modes (gems) I'd rank in difficulty of just finishing them, minus any nuanced scoring opportunity or awarded gem placement etc ->

Power Gem (Hulk vs Black Dwarf) and Reality Gem (Strange vs Maw) as easy

Space Gem (Glaive) as moderate

Mind Gem (Supergiant) and Space Gem (Proxima) as hard

Anyone else care to chime in on the modes or general way to approach them? I generally don't play Mind or Space Gem without a Portal Lock added in for a multiball at mode start.

#1563 3 years ago

Anyone with a pro having issues with balls getting stuck behind the Captain Marvel spinner bracket? Don't know if its the balls getting magnetized and stuck on it, or if its a pitch issue.

#1766 3 years ago

Massive lightshow improvements in .92! Specifically for Iron Man multiball qualification (sweeping orange lights) and Soul Gem's light show, it now actually feels like the mini-wizard mode it is.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me in the same way that IMdn and JP2 did when I first played them.
Loving the soul gem mode though.[quoted image]

I enjoy AIQ as much as IMDN when I first played it a few years back. AIQ needs better direction and explanation in the quests and gem bonuses, as there is a bunch hidden in the code that is currently at work, but you have no idea what you're actually doing unless you read through the 25 page ruleset multiple times.

I'm hoping much more speech, sound effects and overall minor polish makes its way into the game before 1.0, because the code thus far is incredible, just poorly explained to the player without the rulesheet.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

.92 is nice, haven't pinned down exactly what/when it is happening, but LED's look better (I think during tower lock?), and at some point in the few games I played, it felt very red/white/blue, maybe Captain America related! Love it.

The alternating red/yellow lightshow related to the Iron Man lock is new in .92, as is the GI going out and RGB effects during ballsave, related to the Cap graphic on the screen.

2 months later
#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

This - have a DP at work, JP on location 10 minutes away and AIQ at home (all pros) and enjoy AIQ the most. The combinations of what modes you play first/where you place your gems and the different approaches keeps AIQ fresh. JP and DP are pretty linear how you approach them. JP I think is outstanding and DP is just ok, but I would take AIQ over both.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

Would keep Maiden and dump JP for AIQ. Have known way too many people that sold IMDN and regretted it, ended up getting another. Maiden is also out of production and may be difficult to get ahold of in the future, JP is still in production.

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

If you make a universal gauntlet that fits the pro and prem/le alike I would think the market would be relatively large. I know I would buy it for my pro.

A molded, well done gauntlet for the pro would be a giant upgrade and sell to virtually every pro owner.

1 week later
#4331 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108623

Looking to possibly leave the club if anyone is looking for a pro and has some pins to trade.

Still love the game, but I find myself playing TMNT and IMDN much more, so I’m seeing what’s out there .

#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’ve been playing my LE daily since it came and have been totally happy with the game. That being said....I bought a TMNT pro today and it is way more...fun and full of energy.
It’s the music. It’s the villian voices.
Avengers has been shots. Better variety of modes. more unique flow. Better story goals.
Stern if your listening...music this pin up.

Feel the same about what you're saying. AIQ has an amazing layout, rules (that will only get better once it's fleshed out and finished, already amazing as is unfinished, though) and cabinet/playfield artwork.

The presentation as far as audio, display-effects and music are all either missing or are awful, though. It takes away from how great all the other aspects of AIQ are. The display effects, while having no impact on the game itself, are the worst since Stern switched from DMDs. Even worse than Aerosmith and thats not easy to do. It looks incomplete and lazy, like some halfassed free-to-play mobile card game.

Thankfully with Pin Browser we'll be able to change it to something presentable (like what was done with JP2), but its a lazy, ugly mess from the Stern team.

#4566 3 years ago

I hope everyone with an LE/premium is enjoying their game, but I’ve got to say I’m glad I went pro reading pages upon pages of how difficult the CM ramp is to dial in.

Played a premium on location and the CM ramp is awesome when you hit it just right, but the amount of rejects was infuriating.

Hoping we get a code update soon, I’m getting close to seeing everything in .95.

#4678 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

XMEN says "hold my beer" on voice acting. NOTHING is as bad as XMEN. AIQ is miles better.

I’d argue that besides Thanos, Thor, Black Panther and Hulk, the rest of the voice acting is as bad as X-men.

We’ll get custom audio/video sooner or later and fix it, though.

2 weeks later
#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So guys, I'm confused. This game looks amazing. But it doesn't seem to be ranking as high with people. I've seen people say this is Keith's worst game. It looks like his best, without playing it yet. What gives? I'm about to be in the market for my 6th machine, and I am debating a few pins. This is one of them.
Is it because if how "hard" it is, like these last few posts have complained about? What is it?

I still prefer IMDN over AIQ, but Keith hasn't made a bad game yet and I like AIQ more than JP.

AIQ does deserve some flack because the audio is just awful. The music seems like filler and all of it sounds mostly the same, there is nothing from the audio that will make you realize you're in Thor multiball as opposed to IM multiball as opposed to just playing a Gem mode with a portal lock in place. The call outs are half assed for the most part (Thor, Thanos, Hulk sound good..the rest are awful) and aren't instructional.

It's a sharp looking game and Zombie Yeti is amazing, but I feel like this is his worst pinball art package thus far. Still looks good, just not quite as great as TMNT, IMDN, DP.

With that said...there is a T O N of depth in the code with how the gems work, the layout has amazing flow/combos and it is overall a great pin. I went back and forth a month or two back about potentially getting rid of my pro, but after the latest code update adding Thanos Attacks and further polish, I've decided to hold onto it longer. Will it be a long term keeper? Time will tell, but i'm thoroughly enjoying it now.

I think that once someone adds in good music and callouts people are going to look at this game differently like they did with TWD after Cleland made the audio as good as the rest of the package.

#5218 3 years ago

My post on the spinning disc has now come loose and flown off a 2nd time after properly screwing it down and tightening it. I'm looking at using loctite as others have mentioned. Do you put the loctite on metal cutout on the disc, on the rubber itself, where?

Love the game, but having to routinely hunt for nuts and screws flying off the game every month is irritating.

1 week later
#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Deep? It is not. Very one dimensional right now - shoot the disc, play the battles, get gems. Rinse, repeat. Hopefully that might change with new code. Compared to other recent Sterns like Deadpool or Maiden, it's pretty basic. Difficult? Yes. Deep? No.

Deadpool is a great game and IMDN has been my favorite game since it came out (and still is), but AIQ has more depth than both combined. Getting timed modes/awards from the drop target grid, shooting combos to get a portal lock, spinning the disc to start a mode, bringing in a IM or Thor MB once youre back down to single ball play. Theres so much you can stack on top of each other and different ways to approach getting a big score, without even getting into the order to play modes in or which shot is most beneficial to place each gem on.

AIQ is rough around the edges with its presentation and A/V, but it has a brilliant layout and code to match. It's just going to be up to us to fix the shortcomings Stern couldn't afford or be bothered with, unfortunately.

1 week later
#5618 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I'm still learning this game. I had a portal lock and then started Soul Gem and it gave me two balls. I don't think that is correct. Glitch? I obviously failed miserably.

That’s a bug, Soul Gem is a 1 ball mode, any portal locks should count toward whatever mode you start after Soul.

Haven’t had it happen on my pro

#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Elwin must have designed this intentionally. My question is, what nudge technique should be used with the posts in this orientation?

Nudge preemptively before the ball gets to the rubber to hopefully get it to bounce back in action.

If I see the ball heading toward the middle or top of either slingshot, I give it a shake in the opposite direction to prevent it from going toward the outlanes

#5644 3 years ago

Looks like a lot of lightshow improvements in the patch, curious how the Captain Marvel hurryup works and how valuable it is. Previously I kind of ignored the Marvel shot except to feed the ball to the right flipper

#5655 3 years ago

It's weird hes the only character on the PF nowhere in the code or on the screen. War Machine isn't in any of the artwork and is in the replay animation.

2 weeks later
#6068 3 years ago

Put up a decent score today and got 4 of the 6 gems and reached Black Order multiball for the first time in a month or so.

I can’t put my finger on why, but when I reach comparably difficult mini wizard/longer reaching goals like Horde on TWD, Team Up on TMNT 2M2M/Cyborg on IMDN or Destroy the Ring on LOTR, threes a sense of accomplishment with sound effects/music tracks/light shows exclusive to that mode and some kind of awareness you’re in a fairly difficult mode to get to.

Black Order is worth big points, but the music, sound effects etc...nothing is different and it doesn’t feel like an accomplishment to get there, when it should be, as you’re one set of Avengers away from getting to the final wizard mode, Battle Thanos.

I know this is a super minor complaint, I just feel like the big things I look for in a pin (layout, code) are phenomenal in AIQ, but the speech, music, graphics and details are lacking.

1 week later
#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you go binary on the pro? I’ve not had the chance to play one.

You can go binary on the pro after a certain # of spins, but unless you really rip it from the left side its unlikely you'll go binary in one shot.

1 week later
#6450 3 years ago

I can't wait until Pinball browser is updated and we can replace audio/video in this game. The terrible music/callouts and boring video are my only real complaints with this game. I love the ruleset and layout.

2 months later
#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi all you AIQ owners. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a premium, I've been reading some of the reviews etc. So far I think this would be a fun game to own in my current line up. So my question is I guess the only real negative about the game is the sound and call outs, is this true and does it really take away from the game that much?
Thanks!

Both the sound and call outs really are that bad, but the layout and rules are more than enough to make up for them. If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll be putting clips from the cartoon that this was inspired by (Avengers Assemble i think it was called?) and callouts from the MCU, custom music etc. Waiting on the code to be finished now

3 weeks later
#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So both Soul Gem quest and Black Order did this to me last night in the same game. Lots of level ups, but got the min "collected" bonus for every Avenger. Anyone else seeing this? It's not every game but not sure what triggers it.

I'd be interested to see if this bug carries over to the pro as well, haven't had it happen ever. I had a premium spit out two balls during Soul Gem and Black order, but not what you're describing.

#7518 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Complete CRAZINESS Tonight! 6 Billion!
I've been playing this game a lot! Almost doubled my high score this game. One of those games where I had my mojo working and was able to keep it going. Hour and a half game! 3 ball, factory settings.
Made it past second Black Order Multiball. Almost to second Computer Frenzy and ended with 40 Trophies!

Amazing game. Now that you've done all the game has to offer, are you over it, ready to sell and move on? Or still enjoy the game and looking to keep it?

When I thoroughly beat a game, like you've done here to AIQ, I usually get the urge to get something new in its place.

3 months later
#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah you're right, I think I confused it with Thanos Attacks that can be the 3 ball.
I like your idea of still having some kind of mode if you have all 6 gems when getting to Battle Thanos. Definitely feels like something is missing.
Hopefully we get at

Quoted from Eightball88:

If you start a gem quest with one or two portal locks, there is a ball save. Maybe these are the adjustments you are seeing?

This would be my guess as well, haven’t ever noticed a ball saver for gem modes except when there’s a portal lock that goes along with it

#8681 2 years ago

Finally just beat the game, missing only the Space Gem. Took a full year of owning the game to do it. Kinda odd how the game ended, as it threw me into Black Order Battle Royale, which I won, recovering and then placing the Soul Gem (which I had previously lost in Thanos Attacks), then the next spin of the disc didn't give me the option to replay the failed Space Gem quest, it just put me automatically in Battle Thanos.

Had 2 portal locks loaded and wanted to see any additional bonuses from beating the game with all 6 gems collected. Oh well, will have to play better and have all 6 before the final mode next time. It was a rush finishing the game, my heart was about to explode spinning the disc the final time to start Battle Thanos.

#8687 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Have others had long dry spells? Words of encouragement?

Even the best players have dry spells. Go play your Walking Dead for a week straight and come back to AIQ, it'll seem easy

6 months later
#9808 1 year ago

Just added Pinstadiums to my TWD, IMDN and Avengers and am on the fence losing the 2 color GI effects on TWD, but on games with single color GI like AIQ, I think it’s a massive upgrade and highly recommend them. It’s a fairly dark game and the entire center of the playfield’s art is lost if you’re playing in a dim/blacked out Gameroom

Have 2nd string of UV lights tied to the shaker motor, adds a cool effect similar to Stranger Things’ UV when it goes off

79EFDE23-4374-4B0A-B079-A3BBCE1E37AF (resized).jpeg79EFDE23-4374-4B0A-B079-A3BBCE1E37AF (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I have both DP and AIQ sitting next to each other. DP gets non-stop play and a line queuing whenever we have people over. AIQ does not get a positive response and usually sits until I throw a game on and start explaining all the rules to someone waiting.

AIQ has a cool layout that a casual player can enjoy, its not too difficult to make the shots, but the best part of the game, the code, is labyrinthic to the casual player and can really only be enjoyed by someone thats put the time to read the crazy rulesheet and is a above average player to start with that can collect, place and use the gems well.

I can definitely see how people are turned off by the game. It is borderline too complicated.

#10000 1 year ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

Do you think AIQ is going to get another code update?
- Thanos Attacks: I wish Thanos Attacks mode kept the gem stealing part but you were safe from draining like Soul Gem mode. When playing the mode it seems like the points aren't worth the danger, and I almost just want to trap up and let him have a gem.

The points in the mode are pretty solid, I completed it today with 3 gems and got 150 million during the mode.

If they made it easier or similar to Soul Gem, there would be no danger with the mode. The game itself was way too easy to breeze through before they added Thanos Attacks, I think it serves as a good, challenging mid-game point.

If they update the game again I hope they just fix the achievements, I'm happy with everything else. Speaking of which are the Black Order Multiball achievements glitched like the disc spin ones? I just played it, didnt get credit for reaching it and I got a super Jackpot during it, and nothing.

#10017 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Thanos Attacks just shouldn't be in the game at all, or at least have a setting to get rid of it. If it has to exist, I agree that making it drain-proof is a bit too much and too similar to Soul Gem. But it needs some help; it just takes too many shots and too much risk for not enough reward. The worst part is how it actually punishes you for having more gems, which is just dumb, you should never be worse off for owning more.

The easy solution to this is to win just 1 gem quest, collect the soul gem and start Thanks Attacks with just 2 gems to win. Either that or you can purposely fail Soul Gem so the mode doesn’t start at all. If you can consistantly win gem modes the only downside to not having Soul Gem is missing out of Soul Gem Jackpots.

2 months later
#10544 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code ! (Mainly Home Team Feature)
V1.05.0 - July 29th, 2022
=========================
- Insider Connected - adding Insider Connected ability to start 'Gem Mania" if you are logged in
- Insider Connected - 'Gem Mania' award will take the place of 10M Points award in the computer grid

Very nice of them to follow in IMDN's steps and add a previously locked feature for pro/non-topper owners for the masses with Insider Connect. Interested to see what this mode is all about. Was no way in the world I was paying 100s of dollars for Stern's lame ass topper for one mode.

1 week later
#10615 1 year ago

Leaving the club tomorrow, 1 month short of 2 years. I really enjoyed AIQ, I kept it way longer than the average pin. I beat it once before IC was connected and it irks me I haven't had a breakout game to do it again before letting it go, but I want a Zilla and couldn't say no to the trade offer.

Its a shame that the artist of the game was rushed after TMNT to get this out the door and that the video, callouts and music were the worst of the Spike 2 era thus far. The layout is really one of a kind and feels like a rollercoaster, the flow never stops going if you're hitting your shots and every shot with precise timing can lead to another lane. The ruleset is amazing, its just hard to appreciate behind the awful callouts and effects leading you through it. A journeyman, LOTR-like experience beating Thanos that is a rush.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,999 (Firm)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=taygeta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.