IMG_1304 (resized).JPG
IMG_1300 (resized).JPG
9E80C9EB-17A1-4D6A-A69D-786C9E7FD6D1 (resized).jpeg
35BAA55C-7A67-4720-9A69-9CF60D6F8E4E (resized).jpeg
8598998F-423C-4954-B9E5-03A66480ACA0 (resized).jpeg
20A8CBF1-68D6-4EB2-B22F-948758281356 (resized).jpeg
EFE8BD59-5B9B-49A4-8D06-B9F92817B06C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (1 year ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (1 year ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (1 year ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stf_dnx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3146 1 year ago

Hi all
I'm happy to be part of the AIQ owners!
Quick question:
90% of the balls will drain to the right lane, most of the time in a random way (slingshot etc.) and making the multiballs very short lasting.
Am I the only one experiencing this?
Any tips to better balance the gameplay?
The game is not leaning and it's exactly like it was out of the box, at 6% (not enough?) and outside posts on the lowest position.
To be clear, I'm ok with a game being fast / brutal, but it does not feel right to have the right drain so predominant.

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No...me too. I inspired Terry @ PinballLife to offer this $1.69 solution Based on my play, it helps just the right amount...still plenty of opportunity for drains.
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html
Worth a try...!

I have an extra diamond post, let's try if it fits! Thanks for the tip

Quoted from zeldarioid:

Agreed, the amount of garbage, slingshot-rocket-to-instaDrain-outlane bounces on this game are infuriating! Is starting to remind me of TMNT...I’ve just tried turning the strength of the slingshots down (at 14 now, default was ~26ish?) and it seems to be helping a little bit...maybe.

Thank you. I am not sure about that, the slingshots are quite useful with the drop targets. I will try to lower it and let you know.

What about the level? I have seen 6.5 or 6.7 in previous posts. What's your recommendation?

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Agreed, the amount of garbage, slingshot-rocket-to-instaDrain-outlane bounces on this game are infuriating! Is starting to remind me of TMNT...I’ve just tried turning the strength of the slingshots down (at 14 now, default was ~26ish?) and it seems to be helping a little bit...maybe.

Well she's et 14 too now, and for me it changed completely the touch and feel of the game. At least I can enjoy a bit more of the code now and come back to 3 balls without having an EM kind of playtime thanks

1 week later
#3337 12 months ago

I just noticed that even a good shot at hulk spinner would count only 5 to 10 spins, not more. I'm pretty sure it was reaching 20 to 30 spins before.
How many do you usually get? Is it normal to get so few?

#3339 12 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Since adjusting mine I can get hulk in 2 good rips (about 40 per). Examine your spinner carefully, if the switch leaf is too low it might not be registering every spin....that’s what mine was doing before I adjusted it.

Thanks, will do

1 month later
#4729 10 months ago

Am i the only to dislike this code and its new punishing modes?
Only have one game, but loosing gems to Thanos attack or black order mb did not seem like fun additions, at all.
I was hoping Thanos attack to be a kind of gappa angry, but no, it's just an unavoidable way to make points, slow your progression and loose a gem (and a ball) apparently.
I will try to beat it, but 1st impression is not great

#4754 10 months ago

Is there anyway to not put the soul gem at risk during bom (meaning not to get the mb extension)?
I think bom is one of my least favorite mode, maybe because i did not understand completly how it works and I'm just eager to reach the battle...

#4757 10 months ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I updated the code this morning on my premium and during the first game the disc wouldn’t register any spins. I shut the game down and turned it back on and it worked fine. I was worried that I did something wrong as I changed out the bushing from Stern for the disc leveling issue last week (which did mostly correct my unlevel disc).
I played some games today and could not get the Thanos Attacks mode to start. I collected 2 gems but missed out on the soul one game. The next I missed 1 gem, got the 2nd gem and then the soul gem but the next mode was another gem. When does Thanos come?

Get the soul gem, play 2 gems and spell strange. Only the gems played after the soul gem count, i think

1 week later
#5017 9 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone changed the settings on their slingshots?
Mine are crazy powerful and many times end in a side drain.
Anyone find a magic setting/number?

I did. So far the best way i found is to set them at 8, which is the minimum

#5065 9 months ago

I finally make it to Battle Thanos.
I sucked at gems, but enough extra balls to assemble 4 times.
I actually won again Thanos, but no idea how. I remember one halfs of the shots were blue, the other red, and i did as many as possible.
That's it?

#5117 9 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have a solution for the Capt. Marvel ramp? I'm getting like 70% rejections on this, and it's making it a pain in the ass to play.
Also, not sure what's up with this game, but I honestly don't recall ever seen a more drain prone game, and two of my favorites are TWD and TNA, so I'm not impartial to brutal games.
With AIQ I fee like 90% of balls heading to the outlanes are gone. I actually have been turning the game off mid-game and just moving onto something else lately.
I have the game set at 6.5.
Any input would be great!

I set the slingshots to lowest possible, now it's less frustrating

1 week later
#5334 9 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm about to acquire a used AIQ Pro with about 200 plays. What (specific to this game) should I check for?

Check if mini loop and hulk spinner register correctly.
I also reduced the strenght of ball eject to protect the shooter lane (as usual with stern)

2 weeks later
#5769 8 months ago

i went to the audits today:
after 255 games (almost no other player than me):
30% right drain, 27% left drain
And I did the "big" post mod on right side and I adjusted the slings, because it was worse before!
I love the game, but I will keep looking for a way to dial it in order to balance these drains. I think 20/60/20 should be the way, right?

#5779 8 months ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So guys that have played both pro and premium is it worth the upgrade really considering this as my next game.

I was able to get a very good bargain for the pro, prem were so in demand last year, you had to pay msrp, at least in my area.
No regret, the prem layout looks super good, but Stern mechs tend to be high maintenance, and i prefer spending more time playing & less time fixing

#5851 8 months ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Just put Slingshot power to 30 and can confirm that it helps against the drains

For me 30 was awful, but 35 is actually quite alright.

2 weeks later
#6321 8 months ago

I have 2 issues after 300 games, I'm pretty sure both have already been addressed here:
1. During multiball, balls are not kicked out correctly, half of the kicks for nothing.
2. Gold dust and weak flippers. I have an order waiting at pinball life, so i would appreciate if someone can point me to the right things to order.
Thanks!

#6339 8 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

1. Not sure exactly what you mean here... the ball doesn't make it onto the playfield? Check and adjust the "fingers" that hit the ball from the auto launch mechanism. Clean and wax the shooter lane.

No, what i meant is the balls are not getting to the shooter lane. They don't eject correctly from where they are stored

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stf_dnx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside