IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

YEP
You have the same issue. It would be pretty tough to band aid that and rig it.
Best to disable the disc /lock
Game adjustment #181 to "no Entry" will take care of it till they send you the part. FYI-They are sending the whole assembly

So, trying to understand, what exactly broke? Is there something we can do when we get the machine or is it a faulty part of the mech that Stern needs to update and send out a replacement?

#924 3 years ago

Wonder if it the portal mech was changed in the middle of the LE run.

#934 3 years ago

Because I got a later number. Posted it to see if someone with a later number still had the weld issue. I'll find out soon enough.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Still waiting on my "LE" machine. Distributor says it will ship tomorrow... He's sending it Fedex freight. Couldn;t really talk him out of it. Fingers Crossed? never used them before.

FedEx freight is awesome. I am glad they are being used.

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Got my T-Molding installed. Have done this on about 6 games so far
If you need help, I just finished a tutorial on my blog
Note that for my machine, the head panels on AIQ are thinner than earlier machines so ... the 3/4" T-Molding now sticks out about 1/2mm on each side
Still looks fantastic if you care for that sort of thing!
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/10/10/molding-heroes/
[quoted image]
Half done image[quoted image]

Thanks for the help blog. I'm wondering if the amount that sticks out will bother me or not. Hmm. Also, how much material did you purchase to cover the machine?

#1208 3 years ago

If I make a shot that doesn't make it around the right loop or launch the ball too softly, the ball will hit the first rubber on the post and goes SDTM. Anyone else have this? I attached a photo. Does anyone have something slightly different to prevent this? I was going to bend the ball guide slightly or take off the rubber, but of course don't want to do this until I see what everyone else has. My game is at 7 degrees and perfectly level side to side.

Thanks

IMG_4051 (resized).jpegIMG_4051 (resized).jpeg

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Maybe try it at 6.5 and see if it happens? I find a lot of machines have things like this until they are dialed in perfectly at the intended pitch.

I did but got the same result.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Put a different size rubber on?

Good idea, thanks. I’ll try it.

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Finally received LE #131 !
However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

I would contact your distributor to take care of this for you.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

I haven’t changed anything yet but put the slope at 6.5. I also tilted it ever so slightly to the left so you wouldn’t notice. Still get a ball down the middle at times. When I’m worried I sometimes bump the right of the machine to bounce it off. I watched the first dead flip stream with Keith and the ball bounces off that rubber and goes to the left flipper. Not sure what the difference is, but I’ve gotten mine to bounce to the left tip usually now. If it happens too much, I’ll see about something else.

#1347 3 years ago

I found a fix for the ball going sdtm from the right loop. I loosened the post I have marked in the photo and moved it inside more. It has some play as most posts do. It was a pain to do, so you could almost try and take a flathead screwdriver to pull it inward first. If its too secure, you need to remove some of the CM ramp and the plastic to get to the post screw. Once I moved it in, the ball now bounces to the left flipper as I think was intended. Try this flashburn to help.

IMG_4051 2 (resized).jpegIMG_4051 2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1756 3 years ago

Anyone get to the last shot of Soul Gem and when not making a full shot at the tower, it seems to confuse the game and the last shot won't be lit any longer to finish? Only thing you can do is wait until you waste all the flips. Happened on my LE 3 times and my buddy with a pro had the same thing happen.

Posting this as a bug. (FIXED in .92!)

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still waiting for mine.
For those who already get their game, would you say tunnel is a great feature?

I’m almost wishing they didn’t use the tunnel. I don’t see the balls. The game is great, but I’m not sure what the staging tunnel serves. Maybe it will change with software. Everything else rocks and the CM ramp is awesome.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This is my first Elwin game and I love it so much. never played IM and only have about 20 plays on a JP Pro. Im kind of wavering on my GnR LE pre order and thinking about JP Premium.....

I know everyone has their own opinion about a pin, but in mine, JP prem is one of the best games in a long time. The way the t-Rex interacts with the ball, the rapture pit with the gate and up post, make this game a lot of fun. Plus, the way the dinos work and how it gets harder as you get further up the map keeps it fresh.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Not me.
My infuriating SDTM drains are coming down the right orbit. If you under-shoot the skillshot, or the ball just happens to hang up and roll back down the right edge, it's a kiss off the rubber and you can SDTM or double danger. Every. Single. Time.

Had the same issue. My fix was to unscrew the post to the left if your facing them and try to secure it down while pulling it toward you. This helps the rubber stick out just a bit more. I also pushed in the ball guide just slightly. Now the ball bounces to my left flipper, like it did in the reveal video with Keith, every time. Hope this helps because it’s frustrating, I know.

1 week later
#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Just updated to .93 and let my 8 year old take the first game.
He launched with the action button and this happened for the first time.
[quoted image]

I had that as well! Took me a minute or so to find it. Didn’t know why the game wasn’t doing anything.

9A47DE8F-29E1-4C31-BAE4-32152F0A0243 (resized).jpeg9A47DE8F-29E1-4C31-BAE4-32152F0A0243 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3020 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What do you have to have completed to go into Soul Gem and only need two shots?

You need the mind gem and the space gem and 2, level 1 Avengers next to each other with the mind gem starting on the 1st Avenger of those 2. Karl had his space gem on the Hulk shot, which when hit, made that shot and moved the gems right clockwise and recharged the mind gem giving you 3 more uses of the action button for shots.

2 weeks later
#3490 3 years ago

Try Karl DeAngelo’s stream too. There’s some good info on there and Ray’s stream.

https://twitch.tv/iepinball

1 week later
#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Didn’t see a post about this, so please reference me if it is already answered.
I have a LE and my captain marvel ramp is rejecting at least 50% of the time. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you.

Keith was on the looser kid podcast recently and said he keeps his waxed. He also said to make sure it's tightened down, if I remember correctly. Mine is rejecting a lot too. I'm going to check it out and wax the entrance. Check out the podcast if you want to hear his suggestion.

#3746 3 years ago

New place to get my ball stuck.

E51CE086-9359-49B7-8F92-C21654E2E4D3 (resized).jpegE51CE086-9359-49B7-8F92-C21654E2E4D3 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Seeing a lot of people posting issues with the disk. If I could figure out how to do it, I’d like to see a poll of how many people are having an issue. Wondering how widespread this is

Mine does it, but hasn’t too often. Maybe a handful of times. I’ll start a game and rotating the disk doesn’t register. I look and it says the signal is weak. When I shut it down and start it back up, usually later, it works no problem.

1 week later
#4249 3 years ago

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.

I realize it might have to do with the major amount of points you can get, but I wish it would come back. It was one area I would focus on if the game wasn’t going so well.

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So with my AIQ prem. there was a flyer from Gary Stern " Thank you for your purchase ! " Register your product to redeem your LIMITED EDITION stern insider reward * Unique to each title . Did anyone else do this and what did you get ????

I did it, but it was just signing up for the insider no cost list. I never received anything. If I remember correctly it was a chance to win something limited.

#4343 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Who find this game repetitive?

It might be a little, like any game, but it can be approached many different ways. At times I try to get the Mind & Space gym and use those to knock out Soul Gem quickly. Still haven't been able to. Other times, I just work on my combos and MBs which are fun. Lately I've been trying to maximize Gamma Ray with multipliers. In my opinion, the place where it could get old is it's very difficult with the outlanes being so tough. I have a bunch of mediocre games because of the outlanes, but one really fun game where I can really boost my score. But when I have lots of so so games is where I get kinda bored.

1 week later
#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I've seen a bunch of AIQ LE's on the block recently which surprises me. Anyone interested in a trade for an MMR LE (perfect and includes color chip and lasered Williams nameplate and speaker grill additions).
---- for their AIQ LE?

It's not a game where you just step up and it's all laid out, which is why some are for sale already, I think. I found with learning the rules, it becomes much more fun. The 3 levels of avengers give you different uses of the gems they hold. When I learned how to take 2 gems, place them and I can basically clear Soul Gem in possibly 1 flip, that's what intrigued me. It can also be brutal on the outlanes, which might make people enjoy it less.

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Release day!
V0.98.0 - January 28th, 2020
=============================
- Battle Thanos - added this Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after playing Battle Royale wizard mode and all 5 Gem Quests
- Thanos Attacks - added this new Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after collecting the Soul Gem and playing at least 2 Gem Quests
- Super Victory Laps - starts after winning Thanos Attacks as a 3 ball multiball and after winning Battle Thanos as a 6 ball multiball
- Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos
- Black Order Multiball - fixed an issue where Total display effect was using the wrong background video
- Black Order Multiball - collecting a Super Jackpot now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - defeating the Black Order now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem, Black Order Multiball, or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - updated background text layout and fonts for consistency
- All Gem Quests - all Final Blow animations are now full screen
- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot
- Combos - base scoring changed from 150K to 300K
- Combo Jackpot - base scoring changed from 3M to 5M
- Hawkeye Challenge - implemented Marksman difficulty award of 'Light Gem' in order of: Running Quest -> Failed Gem Quest -> Failed Soul Gem -> Unplayed Gem Quest -> 5M consolation
- Thor Spellout - fixed an issue with text overlapping UI Gems on later game Thor spellouts
- Strange Spellout - if you possess all the Gems, STRANGE letters cannot be collected unless conditions are right to begin a Thanos wizard mode
- Strange Spellout - if you have played all the Gem Quests and do not possess the Soul Gem spelling STRANGE and shooting in the Portal will collect a random Avenger
- Power Gem Quest - scoring build rate for Spinner increased, Glancing from 10K to 25K / Critical from 25K to 75K
- Trophy Collect - fixed a crash that would happen when more than 24 trophies would be collected before playing Trophy Mania
- Light Shows - added Change Gems light show while selecting your Gem placements
- Light Shows - added Black Order Multiball light show for start of mode
- Light Shows - added Replay light show
- Light Shows - many new light shows added for new modes
- UI - updated fonts used in Avenger and Black Order power bars for consistency
- DJ Mixer - fixed an issue with the maximum adjustment value being off by 1 which could cause the game to crash if set to this value
- Extra Ball - consolation when Extra Ball is disabled scoring changed from 1M to 10M
- Replay - default starting replay from 50M to 100M
- Audits - fixed Right Slingshot audit counting for left side
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'THANOS ATTACKS START QUESTS PLAYED' - default: 2 - number of Gem Quests that need to be played to light Thanos Attacks (must also possess Soul Gem)
- System - Updated to V2.69.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.66.0

That's cool they added a mini wizard mode for collecting 2 gems and soul gem with Thanos attacks.

#4703 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I think this is a nice compromise:
- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot

Totally

#4704 3 years ago

I've always wondered why the Avengers reset after Soul Gem. Seems unfair that you would be penalized for going into Soul Gem, which is unavoidable. I realize the Power Gem avoids this for one, but I would think that resetting after losing the ball would be enough penalty. Maybe it's unbalanced score wise and needs something like this to make it harder to score, or I'm not thinking of it correctly as to why.

#4849 3 years ago

Thanos Attacks is pretty cool, in my humble opinion. I love the addition to the game.

#4904 3 years ago

One game I had Thanos attacks going, but I was lost on what to shoot at one point because combo jackpot was lit and covered that shot. Went for Panther and that took care of the last gem shot.

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

With Thanos now in the game, it seems really complete. Overall, I love it but I have a few nit picks:
- The trophy room background is blah (as most would agree);
- The Black Order Multiball background screen looks empty with a generic space picture;
- Some of the final blow shots for the gem modes have a nice sound effect when you hit them but the volume of the sound effect should be increased for the final blow to make it a bigger event and so that you know you have finished the mode if you are in a MB;
- Does anyone else find it odd that they took out the Thanos mode for 3 months, and when they replaced it, its basically the same as was originally in the game? If you watch the original Deadflip video when he gets to Thanos, it had 2 stages. Now, "Thanos Attacks" is the same as the first stage (fighting for your gems), and "Battle Thanos" is the second stage (a fight with a lifebar), but made even more simple (i.e. it now doesn't have the perks based on the gems that you have and anti-perks for the ones that Thanos has). Why take it out for months and then not change much at all?
- Still no Adam Warlock in the game.
Hope they can add a few things to the code in the last updates.

They really took out the perks for gems owned and anti perks for the ones Thanos owns? Man, that was cool feature...

1 month later
#5985 3 years ago

I love the marvel ramp. The pro uses the gauntlet ramp shot to make up for the missing shots to the premium’s portal subway. I feel like that’s a lot of gauntlet ramp, but a pro user would have to chime in. I’m happy with my premium choice.

1 month later
#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Pablo at Stern Tech Support sent me a new Walk-lock subway assembly to fix up the issue when two balls are in the portal lock and the rightmost finger is not in the correct position so the ball is not closing switch 47.
The first 4 photos are the new assembly. The photo with the new one on top and the old one on the bottom shows how much slack there is in the old one that the rightmost finger can get jammed between the rod the moves the fingers and the side of the assembly.
The next photo shows a close up of the old assembly with the finger jammed as described above. You can see the semi-circle of the finger in the rightmost semi circle opening.
The last two pictures are the new one.
The differences I can see are
1. The welds are much cleaner on the new one and are mostly flush with the assembly.
2. There is no play on the new assembly to force the rightmost finger to get jammed as it does on the old assembly.
Thanks to Pablo for sending. I will send back the old one and hopefully the new one will work with no issues. It was super easy to replace.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, I’ve had 2 balls in the lock, and the game doesn’t know it because the first one to come out is not where it should be. I’ve had to shake the game enough to get it to roll where it needed to be. Is this the problem you were having that the new mech solves? I wasn’t sure if it was just something that is going to happen every so often, and that’s just pinball.

I have to look at my portal lock as well. There are times when I turn on the machine, start a game, and the disc just spins without the game knowing it. I have to re power the game to fix it.

#6671 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That sounds more like the ball resting before rolling into the Ant Man VUK. The new plastic portion of the subway should fix that, you wouldn't need a new mech if that is the case. The new subway has a longer slot that leads to the VUK. I'm still using the original subway and maybe once every 50 games or so I will get a ball to not roll into the VUK and a small shake will get it in there.

Do you have the new plastic you speak of?

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Newer owner here. Now that I am starting to gain a feel for the shot layout, I am curious if there is a basic strategy I can begin using regarding the order of gem quests and the desired avenger to place collected gems with. I understand that there are likely numerous strategies, but hoping to understand just one initially so I have a basic objective to build off of. Any advise is very much appreciated.
Also, is there a chart somewhere describing the various gems, their powers once collected, and how each avenger is impacted by holding it? I know I am missing out on a lot of fun by not understanding the basic rule set. Thanks!

Go here and download the rule sheet. It’s very helpful. https://sternpinball.com/game/avengers-infinity-quest/

Here, Raymond Davidson, goes over the basics of the game. Very helpful if you’re a beginner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 19.00
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.