IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smoothbore19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9508 2 years ago

I have a premium on order that will hopefully ship in this next batch. Are there any tweaks or fixes I should look for when it does arrive?

#9529 2 years ago

I'm hoping to hear from my distro this week on a premium. We didn't think we would do a second NIB, but if the wife says go for it I gotta listen.

#9538 2 years ago

Added a Premium today. Did a couple of the ball guid fixes by adding some washers. I find the loop to be very satisfying when it doesn't reject. So happy we went with the Premium.

#9539 2 years ago

I am noticing that this machine is darker when not in play than my other machines. Is this normal or am I missing something.

#9560 2 years ago

Ok so we are loving our Premium, but i am having a issue with the through opto. I get a Tech alert that opto 4 or 5, or 2 or 3 has an issue. When I manually push the ball into the shooter lane the alert will go away. Same for when I do a switch test, and feed the balls in one at a time. The board has the 4 leds lit on it. I have pulled and reset all the connectors, and still get the tech alert every time I check it. I feel like the machine plays right, but just don't know why the machine would give the tech alert for those optos.

#9565 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Not entirely following how the testing went when you put a ball in the trough one at a time.
Does each switch register in correct order?
Does the shooter lane switch register correctly?
Do multiballs work properly?

Yes when I pull all the balls, and start the switch test the trough registers each switch as I drop in each ball, the shooter lane switch also registers. As far as I can tell the multiballs play properly. I am really new to this machine. I only played the Pro a few times on location. I have noticed that on a couple games I got a random multi ball, "not Iron Man, Portal, or Thor" so not sure what happened. Is it normal for the Portal to only stay up a few seconds? I thought it was staying up until I put a ball in it, but recently it only stays up a couple seconds and goes down even if I didn't get a ball in.

#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The random multiball means the game is losing track of a ball.
Portal should stay open until a ball is in it. Sometimes will continue to stay open if you have a second lock to capture.
Check the portal opto switches in switch test. There have been some that reported small alignment issues or switches connected out of order, both of which can cause some odd issues.

I did the portal test and both switches seemed to register on open and closed. I'll lift the playfield and check the optos also.

#9569 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Just random input as well if it helps any, since I had an issue with my IMDN registering weird things and giving me balls or events that I did not complete...If you're getting successful triggers, check the labeling of the switches in the test. That they correspond to the right one. My IMDN all my switches tested correctly, as far as i would pass a ball or finger on the sensor and I would get a proper reply. But, two of my optos ended up being swapped underneath in cabling.

I'll give that a look also. After some testing I think my portal opto is intermittent, my through boards seem to not be fully working. The one board has the 1 red led on but the other does not have any of the leds on. Now if switch the red and black wire connector the other board will light all the leds and the other one will not have its led on. When I do this I get NO though switch registering at all, so to be able to play I put the cable back. On my Mando premium both through boards have their leds all lit. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I think I'll need to contact my distro for a new opto, and maybe a cable.
Edit, just checked the through optos and both boards have the leds on. I dont get it.

#9577 2 years ago

So I was in contact with my Distro. They are going to send out a new subway entrance opto set, and a new through board set. Hopefully that fixes my issues, if not we will have to contact Stern. Also is the Spinners atrack position the up position?

#9591 2 years ago

Is there a setting to get the portal disk to stay open longer?

#9596 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think it should be staying open until a ball goes in unless some mode (like Iron Man multiball or Thor multiball) starts before you shoot into it.

My subway entrance opto is sketchy so it closes on its own. I have a new opto on the way. I was wondering if in settings I could adjust the stay open time for a chance to put a ball in, but with a bad opto even with an adjustment it still might not work.

#9598 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

You can just turn off the subway feature altogether till you replace the opto to get rid of the bad triggers. There wouldnt be a time delay since its based on opto registration. Ball locks and mode starts will be based off the peg pop up after the ramps hot like the Pro version

I'll give this a try. Since the opto went bad I really done have a chance to actually pick what gem to go for

#9606 2 years ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

Well I have come across my first switch issue (70 or so plays on the game, new from Stern last weekend). Gauntlet ramp optic sensors are not picking up the shot when made. I was able to verify this when I ran a switch test and it didn't activate with a ball. Reset the machine and tried it three more times with no luck.
Since this is the first machine that I have ever owned, I'm not sure where to go from here short of calling Stern for some help so suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!
-AJB

I would contact your distro. I have a subway entrance opto that's bad, and my through opto boards are sketchy "i get a tech alert after every couple of games " I contacted my distro and they are sending out the parts. If for some reason that doesn't fix the issue they said we would have to get a hold of Stern.

#9610 2 years ago
Quoted from A_J_B:Is this a common problem with machines as a whole? Of course I realize that things break or the manufacture gets a bad batch of parts (had to replace 1/2 the light switches in my house that were causing delays) but do I need to order additional to have on hand if the go bad quite a bit?
This issue aside, love having the game at the house and excited to get the others that I ordered over the course of the year.

From my experience I wouldn't say common. For my older machines I keep extra switches on hand. If I can find some of the newer Stern Optos in stock I am going to get a couple extras. I havent had a bad opto on any of my other machines, but I have had to replace a few rollover switches.

#9615 2 years ago

Delete

#9649 2 years ago

I have the issue with the Tower magnet also. I am assuming I am not getting a clean hit to get the magnet to grab it.

#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Any chance this is a problem with just this recent batch... are all your machines the new batch like mine? I have played a number of different machines. The typical behavior is that the magnet turns on as it goes past the sensor and slurps it up.

Not sure. Mine is a recent biuld. I haven't played any other Premiums.

#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

Stern was right on with a response. I made a few slight adjustment and with a little wiggling, opto came back to life with no further issues.
Thanks again to everybody here for the help! Gameplay is great, just want to keep on top of the maintenance going forward.
-AJB

Stern in sending out new through opto boards for mine. I had to replace the subway entrance opto to get the portal to work properly.

1 week later
#9775 1 year ago

So I received my new Through Opto boards from Stern. After replacing them I am still get the same Tech alerts for random through switches that I was getting with the old boards. It seems to be different each time,but always after a few games. I can go to switch test and clear them when I manually put a ball in the launch lane, by pushing a ball with the through coil. I'm not sure where to look at this point. I don't think it's effecting game play, but why would I keep getting the alerts?

#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Are they all aligned properly?

As far as i can tell. I do the switch test by also dropping each ball into the drain, and each switch and corresponding red led lights as the ball goes through each position. They also show proper on the lcd screen when going by each position.

#9791 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah new run avengers menu buttons are defective. Mine didn’t work. Two hrs later figured it out. Ordered new buttons from stern so prob get them in few yrs

Mine are working but definitely have to replace them down the road. It takes a couple pushes to get them to register. I have a question on game rules. When I get a Portal lock either 1 or 2 and then start a gem quest I get those balls as multi ball during the quest. Is that how the game is supposed to play?

#9799 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, that is how it is supposed to play. You can also start an Iron Man or Thor multiball after starting the quest as well.

Ok cool thank-you. I'm wondering has anyone else had issues with their through opto switches throwing a tech alert? I'm wondering if after replacing my through boards with new ones from Stern, and still having the issue it's a glitch in the code.

#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from Nacman:

I tried searching before asking....Can a player start a Gem quest without dropping the ball under the disc? I ask because sometime (seems to be increasing in frequenciy) when I get the disc to raise but no ball enters, it lowers and then I am in a Gem quest.
I know you can get a portal lock with combo shots, is that the same thing as starting a Gem quest? Or is this an opto issue?
-Nac

Mine was doing this. I replaced the subway entrance opto, and that fixed it.

2 weeks later
#10047 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Ok cool thank-you. I'm wondering has anyone else had issues with their through opto switches throwing a tech alert? I'm wondering if after replacing my through boards with new ones from Stern, and still having the issue it's a glitch in the code.

I didn't see an answer for this question. I'm still having the problem. The machine seems to play as it should, but i keep getting the tech alerts. I have been working with Stern and they have been great, but as of today still no fix.

#10054 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

What does the tech alert say?

These and more for the through. It happens after a game or two, but I can clear them in switch test by just manually pushing a ball into the shooter lane. The game seems to play fine, but something is wrong if it keeps happening. Stern sent me two new through opto boards, but it keeps happening.

20220524_185623 (resized).jpg20220524_185623 (resized).jpg20220524_185632 (resized).jpg20220524_185632 (resized).jpg
#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When you go into switch test, take the balls out, and then drop them in one at a time through the drain hole do you see the trough switches activate one after the other as the balls roll through the trough? I'm not positive, but I think I recall getting an error message like that on one of my games. I took the balls out, went into switch test, dropped the balls in one at a time. All trough switches registered correctly as the balls rolled through and it cleared the error message. Might be worth a try if you haven't already done it.

I have done that also. It seems like there is a glitch someplace. Everything seems to work properly during play, and the tests, but the dang tech alert keeps coming back, so something isn't right somewhere in the machine. Stern has had me try a few different things, and no luck. It's crazy because I can clear the alert durring test, but after a game or two one or multiple alerts for the through switch optos comes back.

1 week later
#10195 1 year ago

I had that issue with mine i Turned down the power for the vuk coil. I had to play around with the power settings to find what power to get it to work properly

1 week later
#10292 1 year ago

So I have the Pin Stadium Neo Adam ordered. I thought i read a post about someone having issues with their flippers loosing power and they found it was the pin stadiums hooked up to certain areas. I did a search but can't find the post. Can someone link to it. I would hate to spend this much money, and hook them up wrong and hurt the machine.

#10308 1 year ago

Can someone post a pic of the Tower flasher connection. I have the Pin Stadium Neo Adam with the uv and I think I have it hooked up right but I'm not 100% sure.

1 month later
#10508 1 year ago

It's the power supply cooling fan. It's normal on the newer Sterns. There is replacement fan out there that is supposed to be a lot quieter.

1 week later
#10543 1 year ago

Will the update work with spiders custom code?

#10546 1 year ago

That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna keep spiders code for me it makes the game a lot better. If I upgrade the Stern memory card to the new code can I switch back to the custom code on its memory card?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smoothbore19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=smoothbore19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.