IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sluggo39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 3 years ago

Got a text from my distributor yesterday, Avengers IQ has arrived for demo so I will be heading there tomorrow. Probably be dropping a deposit on a premium.

#307 3 years ago

visited Pinball Pirate and put a couple games on the pro he has on demo. WINNER my premium will hopefully be here end of Oct or Nov.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If it is #420, one would assume all 500 are built at this point. That or they took a loooong break at 4:20.....

Is 420 the weed edition

1 week later
#902 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I decided to coat my speaker panel and coin door. I can do the stock yellow for anyone interested but I wanted to try blue to match the thanos armor and comic look. What you guys think
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The blue is a nice contrast, more yellow and you would have to play with sunglasses on. I ordered a premium because the yellow was a bit much for me. Good job!

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

A shaker motor in JP is a must have, I put shaker motors in all my games

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

Shaker motor in JP is a must have, I put shaker motors in all my games. I have AIQ premium ordered it will get one also I’m sure future code updates will include incorporating it more.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i have my invisiglass, shaker, thanos keychain and a free spot in my lineup ready to go. just waiting on that damn premium to ship

Distributor said mine shipped yesterday, so there coming

1 week later
#1772 3 years ago

Finally got the word, my premium is at the distributor picking it up tomorrow. Gonna be a great weekend!

#1857 3 years ago

Avengers has arrived

7DD81392-6EE9-45A5-BA6C-A96D31A2D10F (resized).jpeg7DD81392-6EE9-45A5-BA6C-A96D31A2D10F (resized).jpeg
#1858 3 years ago

Avengers has arrived

22799393-CA24-4D22-A326-73AC66DDDC5C (resized).jpeg22799393-CA24-4D22-A326-73AC66DDDC5C (resized).jpeg
#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Why arent JP and IMDN switched in the line up? You absolute madman (or woman)!

Haven’t got that far yet

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Both these guys speak the truth! snaroff chuckwurt

My premium is fine, my JP and IMDN are dialed in as well haha

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Officially a part of the club! My Premium arrived on Friday (Thanks Ken!) with a build stamp of Oct 13th. Some notes relating to various themes/issues from this post:

First, the playfield looks amazing. The print quality itself looks great (For non-screened), there is no post pooling, and I can't see any spots where rails or the apron are digging into the clear. There is some really minor dimpling after 40 games or so, but very acceptable and what I would expect. In other words, the dimples are significantly shallower than my JP table. The clear isn't very thick, but not as thin as JP where I can see and feel every insert and layered print edge. Time will tell if the A:IQ playfield ends up with really bad grain issues like my JP.
No loose arms on the subway mechanism. Maybe with a recent build date, my table has a subway mech without early weld issues.
No issues with the ball falling off of any of the ramps, although I've had a few cringe inducing air balls clip the glass.
I initially dropped the subway hold time to 500ms, and I've only had one instance of two balls getting stuck in the second subway stop that required a ball search. After a few search cycles the subway balls moved, the sensors picked up the ball movement, held one ball on the last stop, and released one to the VUK as expected (2 player game and I only had one lock). After the .92 update that always moves balls out of the first spot and raising the hold speed back up to 600ms, the flow through the subway is noticeably smoother than the 1 second default and no further traversal issues.
I had to tighten one of the disc leveling screws since the front edge of the assembly was slightly raised above the playfield. So far, this seems to be the only physical tweaking I've needed to do. A huge improvement over all I needed to do for JP, for sure.
Swapped out the coil stops with replacements from Marco Specialties instead of Pinball Life this time. I'm not going to even bother testing the stock Stern stops, so this could be optional.
The game has the posts in the easiest position. The outlanes are hungry and the gaps already feel huge, so I don't recommend moving the posts unless you have crazy high skills (Or you really want a challenge).
Speaking of drains, inner loop rejects off the upper flipper really want to head straight out the left outlane. I have to do a fairly moderate nudge when the ball is just above the Hawkeye target which gives just enough for the ball to clip the post near the drop targets above the outlane. SDTM drains out of the pop area are also pretty annoying since the ball isn't close enough to any of the posts to nudge and force some lateral movement. It's the only way I've had house balls so far.
The last one, and the most significant to me, is that coil fade on the bottom flippers is <b>horrendous</b>, and a major complaint. After about an hour and a half of play, it becomes extremely difficult to make it up ramps with the left flipper and next to impossible with the right. This makes sense since almost everything returns to the right flipper, although I haven't looked at any audits yet to confirm the flip count bias. The lower flippers are still running at the stock 255 setting in the menu. I ordered the flipper mech mounted coil fans from Pin Monk, and I'm debating on dropping the flipper power to see if that reduces heat fatigue and doesn't prohibit shots. If anyone has some numbers they've been happy with I'd appreciate the starting point. Otherwise I'll experiment a bit and see what I come up with.

For those on the fence between the Pro and Premium, I played a dozen or so games on a Pro at Next Level and now own a Premium, so I will offer my thoughts and opinions on the Prem/LE additions:
First, the Marvel ramp has a noticeably positive impact on gameplay. It's very fun to shoot, and I haven't had a problem with ramp rejects until the flippers start to fade (see above). Even then, the ball almost always makes it up to the opto at least, and I still get credit for the shot with the ball coming back about middle left flipper. In general, my theory after only playing the Pro turned out to be true, and the safer return to the right flipper for the Marvel and Ant Man shots is a benefit for ball control.
For the subway it's a neat addition and helpful to see how many portal locks you have for the next gem mode, although I liked the color coordinated gem mode start lighting effects in .91 a bit more than the rainbow effects with .92. Regarding concerns about the subway stops breaking flow, it really doesn't in my opinion. The only place there is a pause in the action while the subway is moving balls into the VUK is at the start of a mode when the animations play. For the Pro, you have the same animation wait, except the ball sits on a post above the upper flipper instead. The bigger difference is the Prem/LE portal lock balls are fed into the VUK with a safer ball feed guaranteed to the right flipper, while the Pro uses autolaunched balls, which may or may not make it all the way up the back ramp to the right flipper.
Regarding the VUK, there is a slight delay at times waiting for the kickout, but I'd say pretty close to the same amount of time it takes for the ball to work its way down and into the inlane on the Pro after hitting the target. This table doesn't have a full fan layout or shoot like AfM or MB, so I don't feel a big break in flow from the subway/VUK. Plus, now I can actually take my eyes off the table and see what the mystery award and ramp counts are, instead of having to watch for potential Marvel and Ant Man returns clipping the right sling or bouncing out of the inlane.

My build date is also Oct 13th on my premium and everything looks and plays great, getting ready to update code and install shaker motor. This game is awesome

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It arrived this morning. No clue how these rules work. The subway really needs a mirror blade. I’m 6’6” and have to lean way over the game to see what’s going on down there. So far everything seems to be working properly. Fingers crossed. I think my 3 year old might be a little scared of Thanos.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s funny my grandkids were afraid of the Black Knight. They wouldn’t go into the game room so I sold it.

#2177 3 years ago

I have a premium built Oct 13th and haven’t had any issues, plays great right out of the box. No pooling Playfield looks great.

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Opened my LE and the lockdown bar has a chip in the beautiful yellow powder coat. What are my options?

Saw one at my distributor that he couldn’t deliver because of a bubble in the powder coat on lock down bar he is waiting for stern to send a replacement

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone sent photos and measurements to Cliff for the VUK?

I think he has it, I was at his house Friday and they seemed to have a good handle on this game. I just sent him some pics for something I need on JP when I hear back I will make sure.

1 week later
#2748 3 years ago

I have a premium, is there supposed to be a handle on the back of the play field to assist lifting it out the the nuts are there but no handle.

#2750 3 years ago

Seems odd to install the nuts and not the handle, that’s beyond cheap

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The crazy thing is that it is shown on a drawing in the manual.

I think I’ll call my distributor maybe it was an oversight

#2762 3 years ago

Talked to my distributor and he said he doesn’t believe it was included but he can order me one if I have the part number. I think I’ll take the one off JP and see if it fits and make a trip to Home Depot

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I do, zero issues so far.
I thought i was the only one who didn't immediately load the game up with mods and change all the rubbers.

If it ain’t broke, leave it alone and play the game

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wow, that's a really well done, tasteful mod. Matches the ramp perfectly.

Besides every game needs a hot little blonde

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same issue here, I’ve made the front 3/4 of my disc level with the playfield while the back 1/4 is still slightly higher than the playfield edge, figures s there’s only returning balls coming out of the pops so that’s going to be the best solution for now.
There doesn’t appear to be a way to leave the disc side to side (front to back) just up and down, so I’ll probably remove the disc mech and put some washers under the back mounts and see if that levels it out front to back.

There’s a brass bushing that slid down on mine and I just pushed it back up the shaft into the plastic base and it tightened it right up so it wouldn’t wobble

#3048 3 years ago

So for leveling the disc I have this little brass bushing that keeps sliding down the shaft in the disc. I’m gonna try some blue loc tite on it has anyone else tried this?

F3D13218-CE7A-4415-A4F0-53455FCE3C7C (resized).jpegF3D13218-CE7A-4415-A4F0-53455FCE3C7C (resized).jpeg

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not an owner. Just sharing this levitating infinity gauntlet as I think it would make a mighty fine topper.
https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/129735001_marvel-illuminated-levitating-infinity-gauntlet.html

Love shiny objects!

#3127 3 years ago

Any word when the shooter rods will be available?

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hope Avengers assemble for me today.....family decending on my house for the weekend, and my Son in Law, casually walked up to the machine and destroyed my hi score (I'm still living in the 150 million range as my high).
He can't do this to me over the holidays!!!!!! Any quick ideas/ tips to bolster my score besides "play better" appreciated. I filed a formal complaint (to me of course) as he snuck out without me noticing prior. I must not let this happen again!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
( Meant 150 million)...fixed

Set the game to $5 a play at least you can send him home broke

1 week later
#3491 3 years ago

Hey all, new pinballer here - just joined pinside.com. Purchased JP Pro 2 weeks ago, got hooked so..... AIQ Premium showed up yesterday. Both NIB. I wrote up a lengthy story - should be posted soon in the Stories section. Great community, btw - without this I probably would not have made the purchases.
I've read through every post here and there still seems to be some confusion with the Dr. Strange spinner. The ONLY issue I'm having is the brass bushing falling out (as another poster referenced) so I'm not sure whether I need to ask Stern for the Disc Leveling Bushing replacement kit (as some posters have referenced) because it looks like the replacement part is not directly related to the brass bushing staying in place. I've posted 2 pics - bushing in place and not in place. The bushing falls out after 1-2 plays. The good news is I've become adept at opening up the playfield. The bad news is I'm done doing that until I know how to permanently fix this. When the bushing is in place, it spins and plays flawlessly. With it not in place, the disc is uneven with the playing field and doesn't spin well (as expected).
I just contacted Stern through their "contact us" on their website but not overly optimistic I'll hear back quickly. I don't have any direct email contacts over there yet.
Wondering if those who have mentioned this issue of the bushing falling out have either:
1) Solved it with some blue Loctite (or other) to hold bushing in place (another poster suggested that)
2) Solved it with the Leveling Bushing Replacement kit (the key part in the kit is 545-1231-00)
Any feedback greatly appreciated. Sorry to re-hash previous topics but my suspicion is there may be multiple issues with the spinner and I want to make sure I do the correct fix. Cheers.
[quoted image][ I used blue loctite and the bushing hasnt fell out anymore

#3520 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've started playing the Battle Royale Challenge more often. It's fun, doesn't take too long and is unique enough from the regular game (I know it's a mode in the game... been there several times) that you have to work on certain shots to do well. Wish it would show your time at the end of each game as well as your score though.
[quoted image]

I’m also enjoying the challenge mode, notice my regular game play getting better since I started playing these challenges

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

I'm in the same boat. The brass bushing just slides down after a game or two, which causes all kind of havoc. What did you do to get that fixed?

I just put some blue loctite on it and haven’t had anymore issues

#3568 3 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Thanks. I opted for metal bonding epoxy, takes 12 hours to fully cure so i wont know real results till the (late) evening. This is what happened just 2 games in after unboxing:
[quoted image]

I just went with something not too permanent in case I ever need to take it apart

2 weeks later
#3956 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

I have all 3 premiums, love them all. Also had Maiden and looking to bring it back. DP seems to be more popular with my friends and family members just an all around fun game.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks, i found them but they didn't fix my issue, since the first one is for leveling and the second one requires the replacement part.
i guess i have to contact my distributor. I just ordered your flipper coil fan kit, coil fade is really noticable for me on this game

Did you check to see if the brass jam nut on the shaft came out that will cause the disc to wobble around also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sluggo39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.