AIQ4 (resized).jpg
AIQ1 (resized).jpg
AIQ3 (resized).jpg
AIQ2 (resized).jpg
86757236-FD1B-4F9F-A8BC-93F776D1A8C9 (resized).jpeg
94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg
22895BF8-BA8E-4354-AC71-28443DC6D943 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scandell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 1 year ago

I’m in on the LE. First NIB ever. I bought a Star Trek LE of TD my local Craigslist two months ago. He needs a friend.

Guns and Roses...not even close to being my music.

#181 1 year ago

The topper should be the avengers. Having harmony between the backglass and the topper is essential.

3 weeks later
#1172 1 year ago

Opened my LE today. Shooter rod was way off to one side. Do they even do a test plunge on these before shipping them???

#1173 1 year ago

Set my game up this afternoon and played 10 games on it..Super fun. Lots of control. Hitting shots left and right.

I then proceeded to take 2 hours and replace all of the posts with superbands and all of the ring rubbers with titans....

The game now is crazy bouncy and doesn’t have any predictability with the shots.

I see titans being championed in pretty much every owners thread.

Do I have to wait for them to settle in? Do they lose some of their elasticity eventually?

The slingshots I can and will adjust:bend the switch distances to make them less sensitive...

Is this all normal? Should I go back to the stern black rubbers?

1 week later
#1596 1 year ago

I randomly get abrupt rejects at the top of the middle ramp. Sometimes the ball hits the plastic above??

1 week later
#1977 12 months ago

Got the soul gem for the first time today. Three gems total. Getting better. This game is the real deal. Best flow I’ve ever seen. Code pretty damn solid.

1 week later
#2354 11 months ago

Opened my LE and the lockdown bar has a chip in the beautiful yellow powder coat. What are my options?

2 months later
#4368 9 months ago

I’ve been playing my LE daily since it came and have been totally happy with the game. That being said....I bought a TMNT pro today and it is way more...fun and full of energy.

It’s the music. It’s the villian voices.

Avengers has been shots. Better variety of modes. more unique flow. Better story goals.

Stern if your listening...music this pin up.

#4402 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Game feels very much like tmnt in that so many shots you just miss can ricochet incredibly fast to outlanes. And i feel anything that goes near the outlanes always drains. No good bounces! Its frustrating

Titan rubbers on the outlanes look fantastic but produce bad bounces. I put some on my Avengers and noticed a huge negative difference. Took them off.

#4404 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have the standard rubbers on except for the flippers. And the bounces on the outlanes are always out!

Since I have four kids that play a lot, I bought the wider lane posts from Pinball life.

#4510 9 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I strongly disagree with this. I am not paying $8000 to play Keith Junior and redesign ramps.
I do understand that minor tweaks are needed... This is not a minor tweak and if minimizing it makes you feel better then power to you.
Until Sterns comes out and confirms this is the actual design, then I am not adding any plastics to it.
As shown in the pictures: the ramp was obviously designed differently and the production game came out with a shorter wire form...
Stern needs to confirm why.

My ramp works great. This isn’t a universal problem. And it does seem like a minor fix to me. Do you not like working on pinball machines? It’s kinda part of the experience
of being an owner. That being said...i do my own oil changes. Because it’s easy.

#4613 9 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I agree here - neither one is really that much fun (although I do LOVE the light show for Iron Man!), especially when comparing it to multiballs on Metallica, for example. Hopefully it gets better.
That said, I still love this game!

Thor multiball needs that Led Zeppelin song from Thor Ragnorak. Needs energy. And iron man multiball needs his theme song. This game is a music and callout bore.

#4614 9 months ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Yes. Amped up Thor MB with LZ and videos from the opening Ragnarok battle scene. I know its obvious but makes a huge difference.

I’d love to give this a whirl. Gimme gimme.

1 week later
#4851 8 months ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So from a cradle with the ball on the right flipper - is anyone able to hit and make the Captian Marvel ramp ???

Nope. This isn’t a thing. From a stalled cradle...not happening. Angle is way off

1 week later
#5150 8 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.
Here are some things that are really killing it for me:
- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
- Nudging seems almost futile for side drains
- 60-70% of shots to the Cast. Marvel ramp reject
I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)
Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?
I want to like this game, so hopefully I can find a way to make it play better.
Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.
Thanks!

It’s amazing to hear how these titles can play so differently from game to game. I don’t experience any drains from Hawkeye misses or pop bumpers. CM my game has about a 50% acceptance rate which is totally normal because it does require a clean accurate shot

#5185 8 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

So guys, I'm confused. This game looks amazing. But it doesn't seem to be ranking as high with people. I've seen people say this is Keith's worst game. It looks like his best, without playing it yet. What gives? I'm about to be in the market for my 6th machine, and I am debating a few pins. This is one of them.
Is it because if how "hard" it is, like these last few posts have complained about? What is it?

The game is void of emotion and is the best shooting pin ever made. That’s why there is a great divide.

#5225 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s actually a testament to how freakin good this game is - it’s universally agreed to have really crap theme integration on all levels (“animations”, call outs, music) yet even with that it’s still in the Top 10.

The “animations” are totallly fine. Just needs more

1 month later
#6334 6 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

My cm ramp has zero rejects if the shot is accurate. Only when the shot is slightly off does it rattle and reject.

me too

4 months later
#7674 84 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Just closed the hood on my AIQ. Turned out nice. Couple more small changes coming. Sweet game. Touched up the paint on the helipad, and the PYM sign.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the sculpt. Rule of thumb for visual design…including pinball art…avoid medium gray.

#7690 82 days ago

I’m in I’m a sucker for a good sales pitch

#7703 82 days ago

Yep. Love it. I’m in. Better than many of the amateur 3D print mods with their strata lines all over it.

#7741 78 days ago

The pro would still have great flow. But this premium…has so many more fun shots.

1 month later
#8176 38 days ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Damnit with your amazing suggestions! Just placed a large order with Pinball Life and of course didn't include these, Lol.

"Hey remember that time i made one single order to Pinball life in a 2 day period? Neither do I."

#8262 32 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Congrats! Welcome to the club!
Take a look at this post for the left habitrail fix.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526
To help with Captain Marvel rejects and prevent balls from falling through the opening, there's the Do-It-Yourself "Lexan Fix" (picture below) or tdiddy sells a 3D printed version.[quoted image]

Wait and see if this is even an issue on yours first. On my LE...i get very few Captain Marvel rejected shots.

YELLOW T-MOLDING is your highest priority.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scandell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside