86757236-FD1B-4F9F-A8BC-93F776D1A8C9 (resized).jpeg
94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg
22895BF8-BA8E-4354-AC71-28443DC6D943 (resized).jpeg
AiQ01 (resized).jpg
AiQ02 (resized).jpg
IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
22B406AF-2984-40CE-81C6-540BC20E6798 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryancaseystudio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4422 9 months ago

I have an AIQ pro and I’m loving it. A few mods on their way this week from MezelMods to amp up the playfield. I have about 500 games on it and I’m having an occasional issue with the ball jumping the Black Panther orbit. Is anyone else seeing this? Just started a week or so ago. Starting to see some drag on that outer orbit as well and not completely getting up and around the entire loop. Any suggestions? It’s my first pin so not sure if i should be cleaning/waxing more often to keep it smooth?!? Thanks!

#4430 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While I'm in this thread, the only thing that has baffled me from a mechanical standpoint is why didn't they put a post in front of the top left flipper? Gets a bit annoying always smacking it, as I'm sure it will wear that flipper rubber down quicker than usual.
I've scratched my head, and see no fix without drilling the playfield (not gonna happen for me) or maybe finding a way to modify the wireform directly above it to secure a post (?).
Seems like a hefty endeavor...just curious if anyone else has thought about it. All of my other games w upper flippers seem to be guarded from direct ball strikes from the lower flippers (maybe there are other machines that have this same exposed config.?).
Just makes me wonder....can't imagine a post there impeding gameplay at all.....

I had the same question. Mine has taken a beating and the rubber is already breaking down. Will need to replace soon.

AA9C9127-28F2-4A2B-B2F2-D7CC27FA4F0E (resized).jpeg
#4431 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

nm found it. I actually think I ordered these a while back and never installed them. Maybe its time......For my kids.....

Just ordered mine. Thanks. My “kids” will love them.

#4433 9 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i would think superbands would hold up better on the flippers.
kind of weird they put a post in front of the upper on JP, but not this one.

Thanks! Just added a set to my pinballlife.com order! Hopefully they will help. They’ll definitely look great.

#4435 9 months ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Soul Gem: the 5 flip penalty seems to harsh. Perhaps add a few more ways to add back flips? Or perhaps a random penalty of 1-5?

You can change it in the settings to reduce it from between 5-1 flips. We dropped ours a couple and it’s made it so much more enjoyable for my kids (and me).

#4443 9 months ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Another is to use a thin piece of metal to help transition between the ball guide and U post staple. I opted for the second solution and now all of my black panther shots, when hit properly, are as smooth as butter and make it all the way around.

Any chance you could shoot me a photo of where you put the small metal piece? It sounds like that would/may solve my issue.

#4455 9 months ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Good catch bocce.
Attached are before-after photos of the orbit. I didn't take a photo of the ramp before I moved it down, but it was a good 1/2 inch up beyond where it should be.[quoted image][quoted image]

toddmann - here is a pic of mine. Looks like ours were mounted the same. Before I move mine down, did you slide yours down and mount it by piloting new holes? I may not be as brave as you unless I know for sure this was mounted in error. Anyone else’s ramps look different?

9BD69FE6-EA5C-48B3-A590-A8CDEEDFE91B (resized).jpeg
#4456 9 months ago

Sharing some new Mods I installed from Mezel Mods today. The Sanctum is a game changer and the ramp lights add some much needed depth in the backside of the machine.

9E0587B8-A211-48F8-9E6F-D94012F5D438 (resized).jpegE621A718-C92D-4B0F-9221-101ED01B9128 (resized).jpeg

7B4BA9BD-D7D9-4158-87D3-65EDC5D5B53E (resized).jpeg
#4461 9 months ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Is it just some led flashers? Or does the mod container a little bit more on the ramp illumination. Looks nice!

It’s simple LED flashers that get mounted to the back or the backboard. Need to connect to one of the bulbs but super simple.

#4462 9 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Do you find the lighting is still ok after replacing the Sanctum? I hate that I cant see when extra ball or add a ball is lit...

The spinner area is a little darker but not really noticeable. The game play with the new Sanctum is great. You can tell when Add a Ball and Extra Ball are lit finally. Highly recommend.

Quick update- the Upper Sanctum light is always lit and is now pointed directly at you at all times and is slightly distracting so I added the blue filter that came w it to tone it down. Looks even better now and doesn’t blind you when you glance up. Picture to follow soon.

18351E5D-9886-472F-BAB5-B51974212896 (resized).jpeg
#4480 9 months ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Looking at your picture ryancaseystudio, the position of your Upost/staple looks pretty good actually (at least positioned better than mine, further away from the lane). It’s hard to tell if it is causing you problems unless you take some slow-motion vids of your BP shot.
For my machine, the narrowness of the lane was often forcing the ball into the Upost/staple which was causing my air balls. Now my BP orbit is fixed on both sides and I believe the orbit is performing as KME intended.
I guess this is all considered part of ‘Dialing In’ the machine, albeit a rather extreme version. I’m wondering how many new pinball enthusiasts get a NIB machine, have a hard time making their shots and think they just stink at pinball.

Here is a slow mo video of a ball rattling through and getting some air. I’m assuming it’s pretty natural but if you see something that looks wonky toddmann, let me know. Thanks all.

754690B7-0CC4-4824-B2DC-ECD5B1B5CC6F.gif
#4489 9 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just post videos through Youtube. How do i convert something to a gif so i dont always have to upload to Youtube?

I just downloaded a GIF maker app and converted my video to it. Worked slick. Just have to make sure to change the “resolution” to GIF/PDF from Med-Res in the attachment box.

#4634 9 months ago

Anyone having issues with their Auto Launch assembly getting weak during a game? I have maybe 750 games on my pro. When I get a couple of games in and I hit a multi ball it can only shoot the balls to the bottom of the ramp by Cap. Wondering if I need to replace the Diode already? Seems pretty early to have something like this wear out so quickly.

#4779 8 months ago

cooked71 - where did you get the Spotlight from? I’ve been looking for a solution to that problem after installing my sanctum too.

#4822 8 months ago

PinMonk - Any chance you think there could be fade in the Auto Launch assembly with AIQ due to overheating in the coil similar to the flippers? There are so many multi-balls and Wizard modes that I see fade pretty early and often. Wondering if you’ve seen that or have tested your fans out on that coil? I’d be happy to test one out for you if that would help

#4824 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had a few of these lying around:
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/universal-double-pinball-spotlight-kit
So I just removed one of the cones. Had to extend the wire to reach under the ramp and back through the backboard.

Thanks cooked71 - what did you connect the alligator clips to? Can it get connected to the Sanctum wiring so it runs on the same circuit and flashes when the top light of the sanctum normally would? Or is just always on? I’d love it if it would run the same light show that the sanctum would as you hit the spinner. Thanks.

1 week later
#5001 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fair warning if you're considering a Tibetan Breeze kit that the Spike kit will change to the Spooky/JJP style universal design for the Spike kit brackets later this month.

Thanks PinMonk. Just placed my order this morning. Had my first +600M point game today and the fade was noticeable and frustrating. It made it really hard to hit any ramp. During MBs, the balls seemed stuck in the lower part of the playfield since I couldn’t get much power behind any shot. Could have scored much higher. Just missed getting to Battle Thanos.

Looking forward to getting these installed to push to tres commas (1B).

#5004 8 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Thank you for the kind words. Love modding good playing pins!

PiperPinball - really solid work on the mods. Can you detail out how you treated the rails? The orange and purple rails are probably the coolest thing I’ve seen on AIQ so far. Are you seeing any sort of wear on them? Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

#5028 8 months ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone tried the outlane post mod with the larger star posts? I have them on order and was hoping it might keep a few more balls in play.

Agree with mbrave77 - It definetly keeps balls in play a bit more but its not a huge change. Worth it as it keeps them in play a bit, but not significant.

#5049 8 months ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks
Keep having a stuck ball issue with my AIQ Pro on location. A slow shot to the captain marvel lane will get really stuck in the wire gate. Ball moves fast enough to get about half way into the gate, and the metal tab that swings the gate closed just puts enough pressure on the gate to prevent the ball from going through. No amount of shaking the machine moves the ball, glass has to come off.
Anyone else have this, and is there a

smokedog - I have this issue quite a bit but usually can get it dislodged with some force. Never had to remove glass. Tipped it sideways once, so that was a little aggressive, but 99% of the time I’ve shaken it free.

#5056 8 months ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

Same issues here. Mine is strong early but maybe 10 minutes into a game and after a MB, mine can’t make it around anymore either. Hoping for some suggestions too.

#5128 8 months ago

PinMonk - I’m not sure if it was purely a placebo effect or not but my first game after installing your Tibetan Breeze Flipper cooling fans, I blew out a 40 minute 500M game. Didn’t notice any flipper fade especially with Black Order MB or the many Thor and Iron Man MBs I had. I was able to clear the balls to the ramps easily. Again, might have been just a solid game, but I did notice a difference the deeper I got. (That’s what she said).

150EE613-AE4E-4AA6-9499-6797ED2024C8 (resized).jpeg
#5136 8 months ago

Wouldn’t it be cool to have the Marvel movie opening to open the AIQ game? It would add a couple of seconds of delay before “game time” but it’s such a better opening than just the Thanos still shot.

9FC4F479-ED07-49F7-87A7-865343418C3F.gif
2 weeks later
#5555 7 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I just unboxed an AIQ Prem. yesterday. Is the shaker worth getting? I assume it shakes on good hits during a Gem Quest. Knocker? does it strike only on matches and replays?

Shaker is totally worth it. It’s a completely different game w it. It’s still not optimized the way it could be, but hoping with code updates, they continue to integrate it. I would say it’s the one mod you HAVE to have if you could only have 1.

#5556 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm actually renting a Pro from a local guy (thanks PinSwap). I kind of love it, and I'm not sure I can see the extras on the Prem/LE being worth that cost. Might consider looking for a pro at some point and save the money to put towards another game.

I originally played a LE on location and fell in love w the game. I couldn’t afford the LE or Premium so I bought a Pro. I thought I might regret it especially since it doesn’t have the Captain Marvel loop. I’ve had it for 3 months and added a shaker, Sanctum mod and a couple of other mods. I absolutely love the Pro. I went back to the bar and played the LE yesterday and actually preferred my Pro. LE PF was Almost too cluttered. My kids made the same comment. I bet it’s all about what you’re familiar with. Long story short, if you get a Pro, it’s all you’ll know and you’ll absolutely love it. Just get a shaker and some good mods and you’ll be happy

#5577 7 months ago

I just played my Pro and went w a strategy to level up Black Widow before doing anything else. I hit the BW ramp 6-7 times in a row and it didn’t register a single shot after the initial shot. I took the glass off and tested it. It wouldn’t register back to back shots. It would only register the next shot if I hit another target in between. Is this a glitch or is this intentional? Seems like it would be a glitch. Why would you get penalized for being able to go back to back on a shot like that. Anyone willing to test it out on their machine for me? Thanks.

Update- I just tested out on Black Panther loop and it’s the same situation. I’m calling BS on that if Stern is listening. Leveling the individual Avengers up to level 2 is hard enough. Why penalize a combo on the same ramp or loop?!? I’m fairly new to this so if this is normal, then it’s ok and I’ll stop whining. Haha

#5594 7 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I agree 100%, except I only added upgraded speakers to backbox and subwoofer to the cabinet for about $30 - $40 total from Parts Express

awesome1 - can you share what speakers you picked up from Parts Express? Thanks!!!

#5693 7 months ago

Anyone ever have issues installing spotlights and blowing a fuse or anything? I’m using alligator clips. I got one installed with no problem but I when I tried to connect the second one I lost my LEDs under my sling and the light behind the flippers on that side. Could I have knocked something loose or blown a fuse? Any ideas?

#5771 7 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

i went to the audits today:
after 255 games (almost no other player than me):
30% right drain, 27% left drain
And I did the "big" post mod on right side and I adjusted the slings, because it was worse before!
I love the game, but I will keep looking for a way to dial it in order to balance these drains. I think 20/60/20 should be the way, right?

I did my audits today too after about 1400 plays (kids and mom about 30% of the games with me and my aggressive nudging about 70%) and set at 6.5 :
Left - 25%
Center - 54%
Right - 21%
I also added the Star posts about 700 games in and noticed a slight difference in side drains. It’s a brutal game but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have played a few of the latest JJP games and they’re fun, but feel kind of slow. I can’t get over the speed of this game. It’s so fun and so unforgiving and wonderful and challenging and relentless all at the same time. The depth is ridiculous. But I think the thing I love the most is all of the different “Scoring Challenges”. Having a shot at 25 different challenges to get your name on the board makes this so interesting to play. I find myself choosing a different goal or strategy almost every game. Plus my kids love it too. They can’t challenge me for the Grand Champ score, but they have me on things like Combo Champ or Time Gem Champ. It makes it enjoyable for them as much as me.

As I look to add another game to my collection, what other games have this level of individual challenges like AIQ? It’ll jump to the top of my list.

#5872 7 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah I extended them down ....also extended the top to get away for that squished look

I agree, I could get into this one tdiddy. Any chance you have considered fitting a Pym building for a Pro? I know there isn’t a VUK ramp for it to fit over, but it’s such a great looking mod it would be a shame not to be able to have it on my Pro somehow.

#5917 7 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting closer, the top will be lit like the actual Chrysler building and this will address the black widow rejects
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will it have the spire on top or does it get cut off at the glass?

#5920 7 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah it can't unfortunately because the piece is right up against the backboard. But there wont be a huge gap between it and the top of the cab....i think it's going to be pretty cool when its finished. But I do wish the spire was possible....I can print the spire and it can be the topper lol

Haha. A 2” topper. Perfect. Haha. Any idea if you’re going to make a Pro version of the Pym building? It’s really sweet.

#5929 7 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had ordered Siamese posts from Marco and they just arrived. During my order delivery time, I had figured out how to better negate the hungry outlane drains, by raising sling power to 30 instead of 25, which did help. Since I had already purchased the Siamese posts, I decided to see how they work and wow, even better. Only bad shots drain now and no cheap sling drains at all now. Game has gone from frustrating to bliss. There is still plenty of room for drains even with the Siamese posts installed. KE really left the outlanes very wide, even with Siamese posts. They are now about where my other games outlane openings are at, with 3rd adjustment holes, which AIQ doesn’t have. Game is so much more fun now!
Order link if interested: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C
[quoted image]

This is a great call. What size rubber did you use?

#5937 7 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I've been tasked with finding a pinball for my wife's aunt for her basement.
I haven't been able to play AIQ and I'm sure it might be a little biased in here but would this be a good game for kids ages 7-15? Not just boys.
And is the Premium a must?
Thanks in advance for the help.

BaxterStockman - I have the Pro and 10 yr old twins (boy/girl) and both love this game. We recently dove into the Marvel movie series so it’s made playing the game even that much more enjoyable (we just finished watching all 23 movies in chronological order-highly recommended!!!). I have a Pro and the kids have played an LE on location and both said they preferred the Pro since “there was too much going on” in the LE. I don’t think you’d go wrong either way. There is a lot going on with the depth of this game but like someone said earlier, the kids can focus on some of the basic layers of the game and really enjoy it. It’s fast and hard which I think they love.

#5964 7 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

While I like the idea, with only one screw holding this double post this could cause playfield wear issues. The lower area without the screw will (sooner or later) move with ball impacts. This would really be noticeable with the double post at an angle as in your second pic.

I have the same worry about the PF wear having only one screw, but I also have a silicone washer from my star post that I’m going to place under my Siamese post to see if that will make a difference. I’ll risk a little to reduce my drains by 5-10%. 20-25% on each side drain is too much. Hoping for this to get it down to 15% each.

#5989 7 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm trying to decide between a Pro and a Premium

I’m a “love the one you’re with” kind of guy so my Pro has been perfect for me. I’m a total FOMO kind of guy too so I usually go for the premium on anything I buy. I thought I’d miss out on the bad ass CM ramp and the raising portal, but I’m actually cool with the Pro. The extra $$$ gave me the option to Mod it out too which I’m loving.

The good thing is that either way you go you’ll have one of the best Pins out there. You’ll have so much fun playing this thing and should have No regrets either way.

#6050 7 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is there a 3rd mod option to mod the sanctum?
Anyone know of another option, or just a replacement plastic that I can use with the sardine can to get the best of both worlds?

chubtoad13 - I have the Sanctum building mod from Mezel and added a spotlight to the BW front post to bring the lighting effects back to that area or the PF. It’s a mod for a mod but it works beautifully for me.

20570C95-C328-4005-9C19-C8D76061B194 (resized).jpeg

#6084 7 months ago

I finally joined the 1B (tres commas) club today. Computer Frenzy and Trophy Mania MBs were insane and I had no idea what was going on. 400M from those 2 MBs alone. It was so crazy I snapped one of my spotlight posts in half with a fly ball and had to perform mid game triage to strap the wires and spotlight out of the way in order to continue. Serious craziness!!!

CDD0F083-1CA5-40D0-ADEA-4FDD8093751F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#6445 6 months ago

Anyone know what part # this plastic is and where I could get a replacement? It’s the clear plastic piece between the BW and Gauntlet ramps. It cracked in half during a rowdy Multi-ball session the other day. I couldn’t find any basic plastic replacement parts listed in the Operators Manual. It is marked -50 on the actual plastic. Assuming it may be 840-1143-50 based on the naming convention but I can’t find where to buy one. But maybe it’s too new of a game for a plastics set to be available.

21327012-FE4F-4E83-9128-1014FA0D6C76 (resized).jpeg

#6571 6 months ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I think it all comes down to player level, I'm a mediocre player but I have my good days, I like playing tournaments, but I play them like I play at home, I'm trying to set things up and that is not always a good thing in tournaments, sometimes it's better to take what's available.
Metallica is just a fun game of keeping multiball going....

xyntec - I am too a mediocre player and my #1 goal is to have fun and “have a chance” to get deep into a game every time I jump on, not just 1 in 100 games. I love AIQ for the difficulty, the depth and speed etc. but the side drains were a game and fun killer. I made a ton of adjustments to the game per recommendations on this chat (pitch, sling power etc) and it helped tremendously but the side drains still killed a lot of momentum. The one thing I did that I changed which made the game so much more fun was to add Siamese posts to the outlines. It has reduced the “cheap” drains tremendously and lengthened my and my kid’s games noticeably. Im still draining out the sides (it’s not like I blocked it off completely). The purest in me hates me, but I have so much more fun with this game now and have reached some of the really cool rules and modes that I never thought I would because of the side drains stealing a ball 10 seconds after it was plunged. It’s at least worth the $5 to try it out for yourself. The game is just too damn special to give up on.

2 weeks later
#6811 5 months ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Am I the only one that has no idea where shot #5 on the Soul Gem quest is located? I see the shots light up GREEN but then after the 4th shot, nothing (at least that I can see)

Should be Thor.

2 months later
#7659 84 days ago

Just had a breakthrough game on my Pro this afternoon after spending some time getting to better understand the rules and experimenting with strategies. 1.8B was my top for the last 3 months and hadn't sniffed collecting more than 4 gems in a game. Today's game - collected all 6 gems, trophy mania, computer frenzy, BOM, Battle Royal, Battled Thanos w/out losing a gem, defeated Thanos and hit just about everything else. Thanks AllenLeper for the guidance!!! 3.7B is the new neighborhood record!

The only question I have is if you reach the final Defeat Thanos mode with all 6 gems, do you automatically defeat him and don't have to actually do anything? That's what happened to me and it was a little underwhelming. I got my 1B points but there wasn't an final battle mode.

DF994F53-D90C-4BB1-999D-0D49E983F397 (resized).jpeg
#7661 84 days ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

That is correct. You already got all the gems so no reason to battle him.

Damn. Felt a little anti-climactic that way but I get it. I'll make sure to not collect all 6 next time so I can see that mode.

#7678 83 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Wow! Nice scores! And thanks for the info, I keep plugging away at this game but still really struggle with it, so frustrating. 2-300 million is typically a great game for me on it. Maybe one day it'll all click and every other shot won't brick itself out of play. If I don't finally just give up on it and dump the game first of course lol

In full transparency, I've had mine for 9 months and I've spent a lot of time tweaking it so makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me and my kids (10). Things like Siamese posts on the outlanes to limit the game and flow ending side drains, setting replay to extra ball, increasing save ball time in modes, etc. it gives me and my kids a better game play and longer games, so it's helped with the "fun" aspect of the normal ass kicking this game provides. These tweaks may be considered "cheating" by purists (me included) but I have enjoyed this game so much more once I gave myself a chance to get beyond those 300M scores. There is soooooo much depth and fun in this game that I'm happy I made those changes so I can experience it all on my good games. It's still a butt kicker, but an average player like me can kick back every once in a while.

1 month later
#8160 39 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This may be my final version of replacing the game's opening and attract mode scenes.

Are you planning to offer this up once you are finished with the sound upgrades? I'd consider it if you are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryancaseystudio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside