94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg
22895BF8-BA8E-4354-AC71-28443DC6D943 (resized).jpeg
AiQ01 (resized).jpg
AiQ02 (resized).jpg
IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
22B406AF-2984-40CE-81C6-540BC20E6798 (resized).jpeg
E7DF32D1-C1B3-4266-AF3E-F0886678BD7B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (12 months ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (12 months ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (12 months ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7485 3 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

2 questions my friends.
Will there ever be any more toppers available? First time I’m thinking of getting a topper.
Also wondered if the armor is there just for looks, or does it actually prevent (in time) cabinet fade from where sweaty hands rest? This is my first stern and first pin where I can add accessories. I got the art blades. Love those.

Cabinet fade/wear around the flippers was a thing for sure in the 90's and early 2000's, I haven't seen it on recent Stern's though to be honest. That additional material on the armour is very much for the theory of wear protection though... beyond sweat it can help with dings or scratches from rings or long nails too. I was checking out the AIQ armour today and was disappointed with it being black to be honest, I didn't find it much of an upgrade. I'd rather add something powder coated personally, check in with Robertstone0407 for options, you'd have to do lockdown bar, hinges and legs too mind you.

I hadn't heard whether AIQ was getting more toppers but I have noticed that Stern has been committing to more accessories for past sold out ones, so hopefully more will come to stem the tide on the aftermarket mark up we've seen going on.

#7500 3 months ago

Joined the club this evening, KnockerPTSD I ended up with your old machine, it has found its way back to the Hammer

#7511 3 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Awesome. It should still be dialed in perfectly. I only sold it in May. Enjoy!

I just broke your custom plastic on the Captain Marvel ramp this morning so it’s getting played! Nice work on the rules manual… this game is complicated… I like complicated.

#7513 3 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wow! Broke or popped off? That was some thick lexan.

It’s busted, I may have caught it from the backside off an air ball deflection, I haven’t played it long but I have had some crazy air balls on it.

#7561 3 months ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Someone knows where to find the aiq stern shooter rod? Thnx

I'd love to know a source selling them at the original price of $139.99 too! I think new prices on shooter rods may be $179.99

#7562 3 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is the backside of the chart. I redid this from what someone else has done. I’d give them credit, but I don’t know who did it. It is an explanation of what each gem does. If there are any errors, please let me know and I’ll update this 2nd page too. Sure helps making this game a whole lot easier to understand for newbies and advanced players alike. Great reference for strategies. Enjoy by printing on the back side of the quickest way to collect gems chart. It’s what I’ve done. I’ve posted high res copies here for those that want to print them both out. Even other family members that were not interested in AIQ are interested now, with the charts. Making it much easier to grasp.[quoted image]

These are great, thanks for sharing, I'm going to print double sided and laminate I think.

2 weeks later
#7647 84 days ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I am also having problems with black panther rejects, full plunge/auto plunge/and regular shots all seem to hit something and result in multiple flank attacks and will not go all the way through the shot.

I'm probably 50/50 on this, manual or auto plunge too... haven't spent much time looking at it... since blowing the plastic piece off my Captain Marvel ramp that previous owner installed I now can't make that with much regularity either... neither bother me enough to tinker with the game, still having lots of fun with how it plays.

#7651 84 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm not exactly sure what "rejects" some of you guys are having with the Black Panther orbit? Is it just your ball launch from the shooter lane or actual orbit shots from the flipper?
"Weak" plunges from the manual plunger and auto-launch are well documented, but I wouldn't consider them a "reject".
I as well as others have replaced the plunger spring with a stronger "Red" version and I also upgraded to stronger coil for the auto launch and this solved 99% of all ball launches not making it completely around to the right flipper.
There is a gate at the top of the Black Panther orbit. If you are getting physical rejects I would start there or as shaub noted - you may need to tweak the ball guide just a little.

What I consider a reject is one that doesn't have enough momentum to make the ramp to return right flipper. When I miss it while shooting the orbit I put it entirely on me and needing to play better, when the auto plunge or manual full plunge doesn't make it up the ramp that's what I'd consider a reject. Sometimes the ball makes it all the way to the gate and then dribbles into the pop's, sometimes it doesn't even make it to the gate and sometimes it makes it through the gate and halfway up the ramp before rolling back into the pop's.

I haven't taken any slow motion video myself, but it seems to rattle leaving the plunger lane as it skips off the little step onto the playfield taking away all it's inertia with it.

1 week later
#7769 73 days ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Looking at the two other machines who have posted upper flipper pics, I feel like mine is too far to the right even though it is aligned with the pinhole. In the other pics, it looks like the flipper is more closely lining up with the yellow line in the playfield artwork.

imo, trying to align my flippers with pictures from the internet is a lost cause. There are too many factors to try and align a game to someone else's pictures of different angles. They need to be tuned to your machine specifically. Those marks on the playfield are a starting point but the fine tuning starts from there. There are fractions of millimetres of differences in all the parts that make an orbit or an in lane or out lane or flipper mechs so to expect them to all shoot the same from the same flipper position is flawed.

1 week later
#7818 65 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

OK, thank you for clarifying.
I tried many 'fixes' for this exact issue and finally found a full time repeatable, reliable solution to both manual and auto launch/plunge issues..
It should be a 'Key Post' for this topic, but I don't know how to do that. Give this a read and a try if you like.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

Finally got my Marco order today and installed the spring and stronger coil and both look really promising in regards to addressing the constant rejects id get on plunges. Played about an hour and only had one auto plunge fail and one manual plunge rattle leaving the shoot lane and fail. Muuuuch better in my short sample size.

#7820 64 days ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Nice!
Hopefully mine will be shipping any day now. I also ordered a topper, even though I told myself I never would because I think they are way over priced LOL!
Now I will have to keep an eye out for toppers for my other pins.

Very few things seem well priced in this hobby... but some toppers are really cool! And if you're in for a penny you might as well be in for a point Thankfully I can't fit an Avengers topper where I have mine so I am not tempted to get one!

1 week later
#7930 53 days ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

The debate between AIQ and JP is VERY tough! I hope I never have to choose between them for whatever reason but if I did, I would go with AIQ for the shots, sound and overall experience. Not to take anything away from JP, its DAMN cool and the experience is freaking awesome as well, but the shots on AIQ are so dang smooth, it would be that one. The decision is one molecule away from each other though, I hate even thinking about having to choose!
As far as an AIQ Pro vs Premium, my personal opinion is AIQ and Stranger Things are simply two games you MUST go Premium/LE! No discussion, get the Premium/LE!!! If money is an issue, then wait and save, don't compromise, you're missing too much with the Pro IMO.
Two cents deposited

I'm only about a month and a half into AIQ ownership and I've had a JP, really though call for me if I had to pick one over the other. Recency bias makes me lean towards AIQ, but JP is a really really great game and I'd have it back in a flash. I had a Pro and I think it is the right move on JP, all the shots are there with the exception of the Raptor pen and the Pro flows better imo. The missing CM ramp on the Pro AIQ and the whole rework of the right side in general would make me agree, AIQ Prem is the way to go. Elwin games really do it for me, love IMDN too.

1 week later
#8050 43 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok cool. Thank you!

And another vote towards saving $25.00
Thank you

So you bought the outlane post genie then? See pic.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. Much appreciated.
[quoted image]

Play the game for a couple of weeks without it, then get one if you think you need it. I don't find it to be a drain monster at all, nothing compared to TWD or even Ghostbusters. I'd loosen a tilt bob before putting in a centre post or fatter posts on the outlanes all day long.

#8163 37 days ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I have about 1500 plays on my AIQ premium. Everything shooting fine but now, when you hit the Sanctum target head on, the ball jumps straight up, hits the glass and gets stuck in the Gaunlet and the Captain Marvel wire forms where they cross. Anyone else have had this issue? Would the Memel Mod solve this issue?

I get some major air balls off that target too, I've got to go in and straighten it out, I assume it is bent from being beaten on. I know there are splints you can buy for targets to help keep them straight, maybe this target needs one too.

1 week later
#8347 24 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The factory set up works OK, but it does not have any friction reducing features, it weighs more, and has manufacturing tolerances that are not optomized. All that contributes to the lower RPM and spin times. This becomes obvious when one takes the factory disc out of the game and they compare it to my disc set up.
My Mod takes the design to a whole new level which allows for higher RPM rates and extended spin times. It's not uncommon for me to have spin rates in the 1100 - 1200 RPM range every game I play, not only that but the extended spin time adds to the score on average of 2-3 million on a good spin.
In my game I have the disc and bearing carrier installed, but the disc mod alone with the thrust bearing set-up yields almost the same spin rates
[quoted image]

I like the looks of this mod, looks really well fabricated which is cool... but I'm not sure I want more spins on the disc... that thing gets in the way already, more spins will just make it harder to hit that darn sanctum target .

Curious, with less friction on the disc, is it possible the post is resting in the 6 o'clock position (If 12 is the sanctum target) more frequently as the pitch of the playfield would lend the disc to wanting to fall to the 6 o'clock position because of gravity I'm thinking. I really do depend on that post to stop out of the path of the sanctum target from time to time.

#8351 24 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

With less friction the disc will come to rest at the 6 o'clock position most of the time, but there are occasions it won't. If you have a shaker it will most likely end up there. As Sleal16 mentioned I use the upper flipper to both spin the heck out of the disc, and also hit the sanctum target off the post or to clear it. Adds a different way to attack the shot, but over time it's now just part of how I make the shot work, and I also think I've had less SDTM drains off that target as a result. Your results may vary

Totally missed sleal16's post! Thanks for the clarification. I'd agree, you'd just get used to it.

3 weeks later
#8611 12 hours ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How does the dog relate to pinball?

Does it need to?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside