86757236-FD1B-4F9F-A8BC-93F776D1A8C9 (resized).jpeg
94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg
22895BF8-BA8E-4354-AC71-28443DC6D943 (resized).jpeg
AiQ01 (resized).jpg
AiQ02 (resized).jpg
IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
22B406AF-2984-40CE-81C6-540BC20E6798 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1087 1 year ago

FIX FOR BALL FALLING OFF RAILS AS IT CROSSES PLAYFIELD FROM CENTER RAMP:

I have seen several people with this issue and I had the same on my LE. Took a slow-mo video of ball and noticed it was riding the right rail as it came around the curve just below the Strange disk... sometimes would fall off and sometimes not. Take a look a photo below of my fix. Use a cloth to protect the rail and a pair of pliers and bend the last part of the guard rail to the left (towards back of playfield) ever so slightly. Not much is needed, but you can visibly see a few degrees of bend in my pic below. Fixed 100% of the time now. EDIT: Worked for me, but as always, bend at your own risk.

E10E965B-4EFA-4378-B5DC-1C0621B7C741 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2218 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don’t think everyone with an LE has a broken spot weld.

Not everyone, but many. LE #367 here and my subway has been down 9 days so far with a broken weld. Distributor supposedly ordered part for me 8 days ago, but still waiting. I don’t expect overnight service, but would certainly like to see it soon.

2 weeks later
#2951 11 months ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

What’s the difference with the old mech?

This one shouldn’t break.

But honestly, the only difference is the middle fitment is welded much better than the original. Same overall design. Took me two weeks to get mine from my distributor in the US.

#2967 11 months ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Thanos starts the game with all the gems and when you win a gem the light for it goes off on the glove.

According to what i read somewhere else, The Black Order has the gems and you have to battle each of them for a gem. If you lose, Thanos gets it and it lights up solid. I can only presume that the half lit gem you see is because it’s basically on its way to Thanos via the black order... if he had them all already at the beginning of the game, there would be no battle to begin with.

1 month later
#3838 10 months ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Edit: it's definitely impossible to hit thor backhand on mine. A perfect hit will travel to the target slightly touching it and then be coming back. [quoted image]

That hit was a bit of a glancing blow as the ball continued upwards and to the left. A perfect hit would be centered and come straight back after hitting the captive ball. But I also wonder if you could make the switch slightly more sensitive?

8 months later
#8187 37 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

You hit the nail on the head. I have it perfectly level and then when I go tighten it, it messes it up ever so slightly.

Slightly high could cause ball hop and potentially damage the edge of the disc. However it’s pretty hard plastic so I’m guessing it would take a while before needing to be replaced, considering it can take full on impacts when it’s in the process of raising up. At least it’s replaceable.

Slightly low could potentially damage the edge of the playfield around the disc and that would be worse I would think.

In the end, I’d work really hard to get it as close to level as possible.

2 weeks later
#8415 22 days ago
Quoted from T3quila:

So, I raised the machine but I still have quite a lot of drop offs from the rail after the Gauntlet ramp that feeds the upper flipper. Seems like super clean shots with high speed are more prone to fall off the wire form.
Also the feed from to the upper flipper if it makes it all the way has gotten worse and half the time it doesn't drop and just roll to the upper flipper but hits something and moves out to the right almost out of reach of the upper flipper.
Not sure if is to close to the left and hitting that or if it hits that little one way gate on the entrance to the tower shot on the right.
Kinda mortified bending stuff around cause I don't want any of the weld points to pop.
Any insight or ideas?

Check out key posts… they often help for common issues. In this case for your first problem it’s post #1807…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

For your second problem, there is a nut holding the rail drop point.. you can loosen it and move the rail left or right til you get a consistent drop and feed to the upper flipper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside