04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah i thought this too, but I cannot find anything on the game that is different sound wise from the pro to the LE outside of those LE Kenwood backbox speakers. I could be wrong though.

I think you're correct chuckwurt . The feature matrix for AIQ says "Upgraded speaker system with 3-channel amplifier" but I have yet to see an improved amplifier on any Spike-2 LE trim pack. So what's said is technically true, but one might infer that there is some sort of an upgrade.

1 month later
#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

the sound effects that are playing right before you plunge the ball sound like static or distorted in some weird way

Quoted from Pinballpal:

Do you think it is bad speakers or the amp on are main board is bad. Doess anyone know what we can test.

I doubt there is a hardware or speaker problem at play here. We've seen similar issues and have had numerous reports of what you are describing among the Spike titles.

I've had success in reducing the value of "MUSIC ATTENUATION" and "SPEECH ATTENUATION" in the menu to address popping of the effects. Specifically, making both more negative in the menu (negative attenuation means louder, relatively speaking). The defaults are likely zero so try making both -3 to -5 for starters and experiment. Theory being that the digital levels of the effects have been mixed in too hot compared to the music and callouts and the effects are getting clipped. There are other titles that have similar issues but they appear in the music track and since the effects levels in the Spike menu are "pinned" (not adjustable), making the music and speech louder appears to have the background result of making the effects levels "colder" and helps the clipping.

Note that undesireable things can happen if you adjust too dramatically such as the effects starting to disappear but you can easily get back to the default values. These adjustments take time to explore so be patient.

I'd love to know if this helps!

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I will give this a try thanks. The distortion I am getting is in the music loop that is playing at the start of the game before you plunge the ball. So should I make the MUSIC ATTENUATION not has loud with with a positive value? Some one was having distortion in their JP and he fixed it by flashing a new SD card for the game. I going to try that as well.

Exactly - increase the music attenuation as described.

7 months later
#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Been fiddling around with the sound on mine, trying some aftermarket options, just installed pinwoofer. From day one, the main tune when you start a game (shooter groove I believe)seems distorted and crackly. Just this tune, all the other songs in jukebox mode seem good. The new pinwoofer sounds great, but as this song plays every time you start a game, it’s super annoying. Anyone else notice this and is this perhaps just an issue with this tune, or is there something I should perhaps look into (tried re-installing firmware to see if it fixed the issue…..nope).

I wonder if there is some digital leveling distortion on that particular song.

There is a music attenuation setting in the menu and if you set it to a progressively higher value it serves to reduce the music level.

There is also a voice attenuation setting that you can try to decrease (to make the callouts progressively louder) and that seems to have an indirect effect on the music level, making the music quieter.

Finally, I believe some titles have a music level setting in the menu which may offer a means to address it.

It's sort of a black box but the above is my experience. These options will have a global effect, but if you can identify a toggle it may lead to a compromise that gets you to where you want to be.

We can have a quick call next week if you don't find a solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.