IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Joined the Pro club today. I feel like the following was already covered but I couldn't find it; sorry. My spinning disk is a bit crooked: one side is flush with playfield but other sticks up a bit. Is it possible to adjust the tilt of the disk to make it level? Thanks.

At the top of every club thread are key posts... this one of them. Look to the top of any page in the thread. There are 11 on this club thread.

1315825B-CE5E-4185-ACED-345BBCB27701 (resized).png1315825B-CE5E-4185-ACED-345BBCB27701 (resized).png
#3690 3 years ago

My AIQ Premium arrived today! Thanks to JJ and his GameExchange team for delivery and great communication through the wait. Made a few of the adjustments suggested here on launch power etc... It’s been smooth playing since setup. My AntMan guide has washers and the Thor Guide is quite clear of the playfield. May slide a few washers in anyway. Subway works no issues, same with the portal.

Clearly much easier to hit the Marvel Ramp when I’m not thinking of it.

A0EB55BC-E736-4AC0-B990-0682339B68CF (resized).jpegA0EB55BC-E736-4AC0-B990-0682339B68CF (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Didn't see anywhere. Anyone figure out where the added super secret skill shot is in the newest code?

My favorite is around the loop to the right flipper and instead of hitting the Tower Skill shot, hitting at least 2 of the Vision drop targets will get you a Super Secret Skill Shot 3M point, 10 Sec ball save and spot an award from the drop targets.

Edited... wait didn’t read....that was already in the .94 code, apologies.

1 month later
#5119 3 years ago

Just re-read the Infinity Gauntlet comics while taking a break from playing. I know several times it’s been mentioned here that Adam Warlock is missing from AIQ code. Reading the comics I thought they’d code him in around the Soul Gem or something, but it is hard to see how he gets a big ‘new’ part in AIQ code releases...the game structure seems pretty fleshed out currently. But hey they can code anything they want!

However, when finished reading I was wondering if anyone has discussed the idea that ‘we’ the players are Adam Warlock on AIQ? It would make some sense from the comics that our battle with Thanos to take and hold the gems makes us Warlock? Thanos leads the Black Order, we as Warlock lead the Avengers and battle our team against Thanos’ team.

CD09A09F-2E85-4E4A-99A7-96236DE7CFBE (resized).pngCD09A09F-2E85-4E4A-99A7-96236DE7CFBE (resized).png
1 week later
#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My AIQ mods are done. I am pretty happy. I’ve got figures on all the major shots without, in my opinion, overwhelming the play field.

I think it looks pretty good! Haven’t been a fan of the figures generally but I think you’ve placed them well, cutting Vision was clever for sizing and his super power....and the Ant Man figures kick ass! That’s also great idea done well. It’s as good as the Pym building mod, which I didn’t think would be equaled for that shot.

Nice and thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#5808 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My Premium has had zero issues and I've had it since November 2020 and have put 1500+ games on it.

same here for my premium, November build, December 2020 delivery, 600+ games, zero issues. Only a small adjustment to the installed updated disc level kit. Pablo from Stern support said all builds in my timeframe and beyond had fixes like subway and disc leveling installed. I followed the new machine checklists in the key posts above, and beyond cleaning and waxing have only tightened the Thor Captive ball once and I am rotating upper flipper rubber every couple hundred games to manage wear.

Now the kit to stop me bricking three shots in a row on posts to immediately drain... THAT would be gold... oh wait... that’s the ‘play better’ mod. Can’t seem to get that installed in myself.

EDIT: actually I am watching one issue for mentions in this group. I believe my auto plunger loses power or fades in longer games. It will deliver the ball around the loop at the start of a walk-up game no problem, but rather quickly fades and stops delivering the ball beyond the bumpers until it has a bit to ‘recover’ between games . I can always manually plunge around the loop, and I do so, but that isn’t a solution for chaotic multi-ball play. There have been a couple/few mentions but nothing seems definitive across owners...

2 months later
#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How big of a pita is leveling the portal disc? Any tips?

Hi TaylorVA, plenty of specifics here on this issue, including key posts at the top of this page... that isn’t RTFM advice. But the good stuff is already documented about early builds needing a leveling kit, late 2020 builds and forward probably don’t, and Stern documentation on adjusting the disc, no need to repeat.

The biggest tip is getting a cloth and larger wrench on the plastic nut to initially loosen the disc. It feels like a trust fall....”am I doing this right.” Be cautious but deliberate and firm, loosen the nut and all the other instructions and adjustments I mention in the key posts are straight forward.

Once I confirmed I had the leveling kit, I’ve only adjusted once for 700+ games, and it’s a 10-20 minute effort.

Good luck

2 weeks later
#7381 2 years ago

1471.and change... and I can't seem to get close to it again!

20210624_170026 (resized).jpg20210624_170026 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7966 2 years ago

Been in the club since December, and have been a Avengers comics fan since childhood from Kirby to Buscema’s art and beyond. It’s a dream theme and the CM ramp and layout made it a day one buy for me.

However, there’ve been several times I wasn’t sure I was good enough to actually enjoy the game, let alone deliver the shots hit so easily in the tutorials and streams. Because the truth of the game is you need to consistently, repeatedly, execute 3-6 linked shots to progress or score. And that means control. When you execute the game is awesome, when you don’t… it’s frustrating. But I’ve found my way. Some here might say I’m ‘playing better’, and they’re right. I brick fewer shots, allowing for more a consistent set-up of combos, portal locks, IM and Thor MB’s, which juices the scoring nicely. Also, hitting the friggin BW/CM combo 3-4 times in a row is VERY satisfying.

So I finally cracked a billion points, and I can see getting there again. No Thanos Attacks or Battle Thanos, but did Battle Royale and BOM, and only had 4 gems. There is obviously much more to accomplish, and many ways to leverage the gems for scoring or progress to repeat and improve my score. I am now really enjoying the game

6F2CB4BE-651B-4E13-AFEE-D42401F116C1 (resized).jpeg6F2CB4BE-651B-4E13-AFEE-D42401F116C1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8604 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Sharing pictures of my AIQ Premium with custom "Captain America" blue powder coat from Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I'm super happy with how it turned out! Steve does amazing work and was able to get everything done in 2 weeks. Feels like a new game to me. Can't wait to see what he can do for me on my Premium Godzilla.
I also added some Comet RGB flipper buttons to finish off the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE the Iron Maiden Killers hanging back there. Some of the best early IM Eddie art for sure!

#8624 2 years ago
Quoted from MartinAcoustic:

I have the best and simplest fix for the subway mech. Take the factory washer from the plastic cam (pic 1) and replace it with any washer that will work (I used a washer for a machine screw). Now take the e-clips off the the subway mech and place it where I put it in pic 2. This is the perfect thickness to compensate the slack and prevent the finger from falling down and getting stuck. I have played hundreds of games with no fault! Permanent fix!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just tried this fix Friday evening... and it works! Thanks @martinacoustic! It has worked at least for the 2 dozen or so games I’ve played since. And without one ‘lost’ ball from a finger not popping up completely. Which was happening most games before.

My only comment on the fix is that I tried putting the washer as shown on the pic... for me...it made the subway problem worse. So I pulled the mech again, moved the washer to the other side of the finger, and voila’ it works just as described. So if you try the fix and it doesn’t work, move the washer to the other side of the finger and try again.

Also, I was intimidated when starting this, but it really is pretty simple to remove the mech and make the changes described. All told it was probably an hour of work, and now I could crank out the fix in just a few minutes. I hope I don’t ever have to.

8 months later
#10378 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

With the Stern Insider Connected issues some were experiencing the other day - I'm still getting some games played that didn't show up on Insider Connected

Anyone else having similar?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have IC on my AIQ, but I had the same issue Thursday night on my Rush. New personal best at 2.3B, nothing on IC, but the High score initials acted like IC, and I earned several achievements during the game.

4 months later
#11065 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

After over a year of having this machine (and loving it sooo much), I finally purchased the Captain Marvel ramp fix.
Curious though, for those who have previously purchased it, do you find that it makes much of a difference. Anyone who installed it, then later removed it for any reason?

Haven’t removed it, but the next time you play AIQ in the wild w/o the fix, you will caught agape by the ball falling out the side... I do think it helps and you will appreciate it.

Of course it also keeps you focused on a level and well pitched machine to make sure rejects feed a flipper, not SDTM.

1 month later
#11265 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

To me, if they’re going to continue to produce the game with Adam on it, there should be no reason they couldn’t include some content of some sort…

I’ve said this before here, and it’s just an opinion, but I think we are supposed to be Adam Warlock leading our team against Thanos and the Black Order, it fits the comic book storyline. Thankfully there are no JJP-style player selfies counting as Adam Warlock content...

1 month later
#11525 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

First week of playing a lot of AIQ. The lit gem carryover on the topper taught me I have trouble collecting the space and time gems. Well, I still need the time gem. Is this normal or am I just a bad player? How frequently do you collect these gems in a game?

Space gem has become much easier for me. The Widow ramp, side ramp, hawkeye loop to Hulk is a killer combo. It scores very well on Space Gem, and opens portal locks quickly. It’s a great combo to use to learn the timing of an AIQ in the wild on ball 1 without losing a high scoring gem mode like Reality Gem. Generally the combo works well for Time Gem too, but hit the stand ups rather than Hulk.

8 months later
#12230 6 months ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

Omg thank you for these! I beat Thanos for the first time last week, and I still really struggle with Space Gem. Still haven’t gotten the 1 Billion bonus…

I practiced the beautiful combo of Widow, Gauntlet(side) Ramp, Hawkeye Loop, Hulk, until it became a natural dance. It feels great to hit, it’s smooth to execute, and it CRUSHES Space Gem by finishing in the pops. It’s become an easier gem battle and obvious single ball choice for me.

#12233 6 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Side ramp? I assume you mean the right "gauntlet" ramp.
Yeah. That's a really nice flow from one to the next, especially when it starts with first hitting the Captain Marvel ramp

Since we’re talking technicalities…Marvel ramp does nothing for Space Gem.

Sure Gauntlet Ramp, innovative ramp accessible from all three flipper, side ramp… you figured it out, but I fixed my post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=pinball-ike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.