IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Unfortunately I'm having a binding issue on my walking lock assembly.

Are you waiting on parts to fix your issue? Disabling locks may make the game smoother, but your scores will go down. The subway is about the only place on the playfield where you can 'park' a ball during multiball. The time it takes for balls to cycle through is time you can spend shooting for jackpots with less balls in play. On games with upper flippers, parking a ball is very strategic.

If this game is used in a league or competition, the locks absolutely should be enabled.

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

More
Is the subway available during multi ball? I think it stays down once a multiball is started.

You're probably right (don't own one), but Portal locks are definitely ejected from the subway during MB and it takes a good amount of time to get two balls cycled through. You don't want to lose that time.

Obviously anyone can do what they want with their game, but you don't want to make changes that will decrease your scores.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I am unaware of any game state where the disc is raised during multiball, allowing balls to be parked down there.

As I said above, when a mode is started with balls in the subway, it takes a significant amount of time for those balls to be put into play. You're briefly playing a one ball MB until the other balls are cycled through.

You still haven't said if yours isn't working properly. I know others have had issues and needed parts, but you're not saying that. If the game is going into your collective for league or competitive play, you're not doing your players a favor by disabling locks. Games should be kept as stock as possible in public or semi-public locations.

4 weeks later
#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

... I averaged it out to 6.5 (6.4 between slings)

Not sure what you mean by averaged it out. Pitch should only be measured between the flippers. Manufacturers install bubble levels parallel to the flippers for this reason. If you're at 6.4 between the slings, then you're even less than that between the flippers.

Get it up to 6.5 between the flippers and level side to side. Stern moved their leg holes so that it should be close to 6.5 with all four levelers completely raised.

#5261 3 years ago

I have the back legs turned out half way, and the front all the way in, and it's 6.3 between the slings.

As I said, it gets it close. Leave your front ones up and extend the back one until you get 6.5 between the flippers. 6.3 between the slings isn't enough and will be slightly less between the flippers.

That small level you showed in the pic doesn't look like it would be good for checking side to side level. Need something wider. The Pinguy app is accurate, but a digital torpedo level would be better.

#5262 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Why would you have all of the levellers completely raised? It would make the game more unstable and put unnecessary stress on the levellers. Having them all raised is the same as having them all lowered, in terms of pitch

I said raised, as in raised up into the leg with no threads showing. Not extended or lowered.

Quoted from WJxxxx:

I start of as default with the front legs lowered to their limit, only changing them if I need to adjust left to right pitch due to an uneven floor.

Left to right is level. Front to back is pitch. There is no left to right pitch. Whenever you level a game, at least one of the front levelers should be completely raised, no threads showing, to get as much stability for the game as possible. If all four of your levelers are extended, you did it wrong.

#5307 3 years ago

I'm not confident this is correct, and I'll explain why. Although the factory bubble level is crap, I can get that bubble near the middle on all my game by setting the average pitch to 6.5. That would mean if between the slings is 6.3, the middle is 6.5, and the top is 6.7, you're pretty much at 6.5.

No idea who you talked to at Stern, but that's wrong. Pitch is only measured between the flippers. As you've noticed, pitch increases as you go up the playfield. That's why you only measure in one place. Side to side level can vary from the top of the playfield to the bottom, so you check level up and down the playfield wherever the level will fit to get it exactly level.

Your game isn't steep enough. Easy fix.

2 weeks later
#5773 3 years ago

6.5 degrees measured between the flippers. Start with all levelers raised (no threads showing), then adjust as needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.