IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3792 3 years ago

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thor ball guide.

Thanks Ler ill get on it today! Only played 2 games on it late last night so im sure no damage yet. It sucks that Stern doesnt fix these known spots in the factory but at least team Pinside is here to save the day, lol! Just grabbed Stern art blades, shaker, and purple superbands from Marco.

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

i was wondering if both sides of the Thor guides need done or just the orbit side. I think ill just pull both and i seen the marvel ramp your talking about ill probably pull it also. Id hate for there to be any preventable playfield wear that i could of prevented. Ill let you know how long it takes to pull that ramp.

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

I did the Thor ball guide. It has a super sharp edge that if not done i could see cutting in within 100 plays easily, thanks again! The Marvel ramp right guide i can slide a business card under so i think im good there.

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’m jealous how’d you track down a NIB Premium I’m still waiting for mine that’s been on order since September? Glad you went with an AIQ though. Hope it’s treating you well!

I got it from pinballs.com. Mike always has the best stock. I havent gotten to play it much yet but its full of cool shots, lots of ramps, and fast which is exactly what i was looking for. My first Elwin game and definitely has a different feel then the old guard designers.

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. Any instructions on how to install the washer? Is it just loosening the nut below the pf our do you need to remove ramps?

Also do the Thor orbit side ball guide. On my game it was even worse then the Ant-man guide. It was slightly dug into the playfield from the factory and has a really sharp edge on it. Do this at the same time as the Ant-man guide since you need to take off the wireforms for both guides. You will need to take off the Thor plastics. Also check the right side of your Marvel ramp guide for clearance. Mine was up off the playfield about the thickness of a business card but Lermods had to loosen his and give it alittle tap up to make his not be touching the playfield.

#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For antman, I didn't have to remove the wire forms. I just removed the nuts holding the wie forms down so I had enough flexibility to raise the ball guide above the playfield to get a washer under it. There is a fair amount to remove to get at it, but it's not difficult. Take pics

I didnt remove them completely either just the 3 nuts holding it down. For anybody doing this make sure you push the 2 wireform prongs down into the Antman VUK ramp when reassembling, its easy to overlook and give issues on assembly. I can see these machines being known for these wear spots like Deadpool if you dont do just alittle bit of preventable maintenance.

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Side armor as well:
[quoted image]

I like how those look! Do they screw into the cabinet?

#3883 3 years ago

Ive had the ball get stuck under the Gaunlet 2x now, anybody else experiencing this? If so any fixes to stop it?

#3886 3 years ago

Code wise ive seen a few of you talk about Thanos in the code, what did he use to do? Also whats the purpose of the action button so far besides picking modes and launching the ball? Seems like they need a mode that uses the action button. On the IRON inserts by the flippers why is this not movable, seems like it should be. Is there a outlane ball saver that you can earn? Just a few things ive noticed code wise that stand out to me so far after about 20 games.

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do you have to screw into the side cabinet artwork to install this?

I asked same thing and yes theres a screw into the cabinet down at bottom of lollipop below flippers. I think im just going to get my stock black powder coated Thanos purple.

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Design wise AIQ is a masterpiece. AIQ just tops JP followed by DP a long way behind.
It’s just a dream to shoot regardless of code.
Code isn’t complete on AIQ so hard to judge at the moment. DP may have the edge on code as it stands now.
But the layout is so special that AIQ easily wins even before code is complete.

I replaced a DP pro with a AIQ premium. DP is sorta boring to me. Code was sorta repetitive and only had one fun shot and is very clunky otherwise. TMNT made DP feel like a slow grind. AIQ shoots so much nicer and even at .95 has more going on then DP. Everytime i played DP it turned into marathon games where i couldnt wait till it ended. AIQ i just keep hitting the start button over and over. TMNT so far is better then both though but this is all just my opinion as a player that prefers fast fast ball speed and hard to hit tight shots and i love when a game pisses me off until I earn a good game.

#3961 3 years ago

Im having a issue with the disk closing just a second or two after it raises fully which makes it do a virtual lock or go straight into gem mode select screen without shooting a ball in the subway. The subway itself works good when i do get a chance to shoot a ball in it fast enough though. Is there a setting to make the disk stay open longer? I pulled the 2 optos at the bottom of the hole right before subway and made sure everything was good with them. I also switched back to .94 to see if it was something with the new .95 code but it still did it but it seemed like it stayed open just slightly longer on .94 code. Anybody got any idea what the issue is?

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im having a issue with the disk closing just a second or two after it raises fully which makes it do a virtual lock or go straight into gem mode select screen without shooting a ball in the subway. The subway itself works good when i do get a chance to shoot a ball in it fast enough though. Is there a setting to make the disk stay open longer? I pulled the 2 optos at the bottom of the hole right before subway and made sure everything was good with them. I also switched back to .94 to see if it was something with the new .95 code but it still did it but it seemed like it stayed open just slightly longer on .94 code. Anybody got any idea what the issue is?

Got it figured out. The metal bracket the two entry optos mount to was turned some making the opto trigger with any kind of bump or movement on the game. I originally thought it was the optos but only removed them from the metal plate to check them when it was the actual metal plate the entire time. So if anybody starts having the disk lower before shooting ball in the subway it's more then likely the bracket being turned some making the optos out of line.

1 week later
#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

+1 for the shaker motor. When you transport to the battles it synchronizes nicely as well as with other actions in the game.

I got to say it...the shaker is probably the worst implemented shaker on any newer Stern I'VE ever had so far. Not to say i wouldnt install one i just feel its not used enough yet in the code.

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn't stuff like shaker and lightshows been the last stuff Keith has tidied up in his games and rules has been his major priority in updates in his past games?

No idea this is my first Keith game but compared to other coders so far im disappointed in the shaker use. I hooked it up last week and was like ok is that it. I like Dwights style of shaker use the best out of all coders. Lightshow wise AIQ is great already though, sorta reminds me of a JJP game in that sense.

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

What do you guys prefer mirror or the stern artblades

On this game i like the Stern art blades.

1 week later
#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If someone offered me a premium for my LE what do you think would be the fair added cash difference? No major mods to either.
I want to stay in the club but might move to a premium

In my opinion it depends on if both playfields have had washers under the ball guides since NIB. If both or just one has the playfield worn spots at Antman and/or Thor then cliffys covering damage is not same value as a perfect playfield. So if both were not damaged id say $1600 and adjust from there based on condition of playfields if needed.

#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, Mine I lifted and put mylar right away. Doesn’t have any issue. I’ll put a cliffy over the mylar once I get them but that’s just to keep it more protected.

Not to rub salt in a wound but the "premature" playfield wear is why i feel some of these machines have been sitting in the marketplace. Honestly who wants to pay $9k for a damaged practicly brand new playfield. If you were closer id trade you my premium for your LE since both have the known spots fixed right out of the box, i love that yellow powdercoating on the LEs!

#4516 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m not too concerned on that. I put the mylar and washer right away or it would of chipped. I have cliffys but probably won’t install pym one. I have someone asking about it but not sure the proper cash to say would make up the difference
[quoted image]

I wouldnt install the cliffy either since you put the washer under the guide, the cliffy is ugly there and makes someone think your hiding the damage which yours doesnt have. Now you got to check the premium thats being offered for wear there and Thor area for damage. If it is damaged i wouldnt trade your perfect playfield LE for a damaged Premium unless theres a big enough money incentive but it would have to be steep cause your eyes will see that damage everytime you play. It might not bother some people but it would bug the shit out of me seeing easily avoided damage. Man i wish we were closer id trade you plus $1600-1700 right now!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynchburg, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.