IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6687 3 years ago

Hopefully joining the club Monday, where I am expecting delivery of a NIB Premium. Can't wait to play it.

Is there a summary somewhere on things I need to be aware of or take care of? Or does anyone have any tips? I ordered it with a playfield protector, shooter lane protector, Convolux plastic protectors and invisiglass. All of it is installed by the distributor before delivery.

#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not aware of a summary, but first things I’d check are the Thor and ant man ball guides to see if they are digging into the playfield. If they are, you need to raise them up with a washer underneath.

Also check to see if you have the updated subway parts. The new parts will have a groove cut out of the subway plastic going into the ant man scoop.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is a Pic of the two different subway plastics. The more recent one has the slot all the way to the end.

Thank you guys. I will be sure to check these things.

#6718 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I just received my Premium yesterday, and so far i am loving it!!

However, i have experienced a couple of ball hangups already. Is that something others have as well?

Especially the star rollover gives me stuck balls. This is no doubt due to the fact that i have had a playfield protector installed by the distributor before delivery. But it is really annoying So my question is, if anyone is aware of any adjustment possibilities on the star roll over (skill shot switch)?

#6766 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a couple of really annoying ball hangup issue on my AIQ Premium. One of the worst is when the ball falls out of the vertical ramp, and gets stuck. This means I have to take the glass off. Happens quite often actually...

I have a feeling there is something wrong with my ramp. I am thinking the ball should not be able to fall out halfway at all?

Please see the video, here, where i demonstrate the issue.

If anyone can compare to their own ramp, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!

PS: Sorry for the terrible english

#6803 2 years ago

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions regarding my REALLY annoying Capt. Marvel ramp.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you tried to grab the lowest rail (which would be bottom rail ) in the loop at 12 o'clock position and try putting some upward pressure on it giving it a slight bend to tighten that gap through the loop? Second thing I would suggest is getting the Captain Marvel ramp fix.

I'm also going to assume that you do indeed have the clear shield that goes on the loop ramp as well

Your English was just fine BTW!!

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried bending it upwards a little, but it didn't really make a difference. The ball can still quite easily come out.
I do indeed have the clear shield that sits at the entrance. I just removed it when playing around with the ramp.

I wasn't aware of any fix for that ramp, but i will look into it. I just found a video of a guy who had mounted a piece of clear lexan on the left side. I think i am gonna give that a try, as i do actually have quite a lot of rejects as well.

Glad my English was understandable. I can read and understand English no problem, but when it comes to speaking it myself, the tongue just twists and twirls

Quoted from Fezmid:

I haven't tested my loop to see if it's that open but since I've never had the ball fall out like you describe, I suspect mine is closer together to keep it in. Will try to check later if other dont do it first.

If you get a chance at some point, that would be nice.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I just took the glass off of mine and checked it. Mine is the same where the opening is wider than the ball until about the top of the loop, but I haven't ever had it get stuck where yours is. Maybe try making a slight adjustment to the alignment of your ramp to see if that helps your shots go through?

Well it's great to hear the others have the same "opening". Then it seems that was how it was designed. I don't quite see how I could change alignment of that ramp to help solve my problem? But I will have a look.

Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen a couple other similar posts about this issue. My Captain Marvel ramp will not allow the ball to fit through. Definitely add the lexan or 3d printed fix to close the gap at the bottom which will make the shot smoother.

Try bending the wireform as DeathHimself recommended and you can also bend the wireform a little so the ball will clear the other wireform incase it does end up on top like you show. My wireforms are far enough apart a ball couldn't get hung up there.

Thanks, I found a video showing the lexan fix, and i will definitely try that. I considered adjusting the two ramps to add some clearance, but even if i do, the ball still doesnt come off the Capt Marvell ramp. It just lies still a couple of cm to the right of where it is stuck now, due to the curvature of the Marvel ramp.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

You are missing the plastic "guard" that covers the first half of the loop. Mine will not let a ball out after the point the plastic covers.

I do have that plastic, it was just removed when i took the pictures But my ball still is able to come out, even with that plastic attached.

#6876 2 years ago

Hi everyone - I have a couple of questions about my AIQ Premium:

1: I find it almost impossible to do a post pass from the left to the right flipper. But the right to left is smooth as butter with a near 100% success rate. Anyone else experience this? When doing it from left to right, the ball almost never leaves the left flipper.

2: My manual plunger is unable to shoot the ball hard enough to go up the ramp in the back and all the way around. And I don't see anyway to adjust it? As far as i can see, it hits the ball dead center.

3: About 1 in 10 of my auto plunges doesn't go all the way up the ramp in the back. Its like it bounces on the playfield when leaving the shooter lane, and in doing that looses some speed. Is this normal?

1 week later
#6936 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a AIQ Premium, and almost have it perfectly dialed in now. But i am experiencing 2 annoying issues, and would really like your opinion:

1: Sound distorted

The sound sounds pretty extorted at times? Its like there are some crackles one in a while. Especially when Thanos speaks in the beginng of a game. But also during some of the music. It is either distortion, or just plain poor sound quality on the music itself. I tried unplugging the sub, and then it was even more audible coming from the backbox speakers. But you can also hear it coming from the cabinet speaker. Does anyone else have this issue? I tried resetting the sound settings to default, but the crackles / distortion is still there.

2: Ball rattle in shooter lane

When i auto launch the ball, about 1 in 4 times it wont make it all the way up the ramp in the back. instead it just falls down between the pops. This is really annoying! Especially during soul gem mode. I shoot some video of it with my phone, and it seems that it happens because the ball it rattling form side to side in the shooter lane, and then on the playfield before making the turn to the left. When the ball is idle in the shooter lane, it seems to sit perfectly centered on the auto plunger arms. Any ideas?

A bad launch:

A good launch:

Another good launch:

1 month later
#7388 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

It’s weird, it’s seems to definitely be something with the actual recording as I get the same thing when using headphones at night. It’s only the single track. Interested if others have noticed or if this is somehow a corrupt file or something on my game. Maybe I’ll try a fresh SD card image.

I have had the exact same issues. Loud crackling noices when starting a game, and that specific tune when the ball is in the shooter lane IS distorted. Its just the way the recording is, and it bugs the shit out of me. So no speaker upgrade will do anything about it..

#7425 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

You can move the drop left and right by loosing the attachment by the drop point. I think I have moved mine a hair so that it drops and rolls smoothly down to the top flipper.

The above solution was posted for a pinsider that had problems when the ball dropped from the gauntlet ramp. I have the same issue sometimes.

It says to loosen the attachment by the drop point. Is that the place at the arrows in this image (The 2 small screws that goes into the playfield)? I only ask, as it doesn't seem to be a place that is meant for adjusting?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I haven’t had this problem yet but my guess would be the nut just to the lower left of the arrows in your pic. I’ll circle it. It would allow you to move the ramp left or right a little.

Unfortunately that would not solve the issue. My issue is that sometimes the ball "catches" the edge of the little bended "gate" at the right side of the drop. That results in the ball bouncing around and not falling down to the flipper.

I circled it in the picture:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 year later
#11015 1 year ago

Hi everyone. I own a AIQ Premium, and struggle a lot with ball rattle when shooting from the shooter lane. This results in balls not making it all the way around and being fed to the flipper. Instead it rattles around and usually end up falling down though the pops.

I tried several adjustments based on (really old) suggestions in this thread. But unfortunately have not been able to solve it, resulting in me actually not bothering to play the machine as it really annoys me (along with the vertical ramp constantly rejecting balls even though i have that 3D printet fix that should help with that problem).

The reason for this new post, is that i recently got a Godzilla Premium, that had severe issues with skill shots due to ball rattle. But yesterday i learned about the ABE FLIPS fix for that specific problem. Its essentially just a small 3D printed "shim" that is tapet to the right side of the shooter lane. And it works brililantly!

So it made me wonder: It there any kind of 3D printed fix for ball rattle on the AIQ machines?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.