IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2021-10-07 094914 (resized).png
150A67AD-8E44-4067-A161-F3A6FE6625F4 (resized).jpeg
244440331_836705907018187_4316415481696105604_n (resized).jpg
IMG_E1435 (resized).JPG
3F8E26B8-C8AC-4DA8-AF9B-DCB59B1F3CE5 (resized).jpeg
4582E5A9-3C2D-45FB-8F85-D68CC6348B08 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (11 months ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (11 months ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (11 months ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (11 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (11 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (11 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago

Premiums can take a looong time. Especially if the game is popular and you don't get in on the first run. Luckily I am in on an LE for this one Will look great next to my Deadpool LE. Love ZY. In a strictly platonic liking his artwork kind of way.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Ok, I just spoke with a live person at Stern. They are currently running Pros and shipping to distributors. They told me LEs would start production in "the next couple weeks". When I asked about the small run of Pros rumor, she just said "Pros are being run and shipped, then LEs in the next few weeks". So, they may actually be doing a full run of Pro models. But, LEs should be on the line before the end of the month assuming they stay on schedule.

Quoted from Micky:

Stern always does a full batch of pros first. Most of which are sent out overseas so that everyone is receiving them around the same time. See the below screenshot.

Huh. I know this is what Stern usually does but the early report (including the one I got from my distrib) was that initial Pros was going to be a very small run, then starting LEs, possibly this week. Weird.

2 weeks later
#543 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

If I get the call while I'm at work, I MAY develop a belly ache that requires me to leave immediately so as not to get other employees sick

Just jump up and yell "I have Covid!!!!" and run out the door. Don't come back for two weeks.

#863 1 year ago

Just heard from my distrib. My LE was supposed to ship out early this week, but now probably looking at next week at earliest. Sigh.

#911 1 year ago

USB 3.0 drives work in USB 2.0 slots so should be fine

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Wonder if it the portal mech was changed in the middle of the LE run.

It's possible. My LE still hasn't shipped yet. I've heard that the LEs are going slower than Stern hoped. Maybe they are updating the mech, or fine combing each one looking for iffy welds.

Or, it is just taking a long time and I will get the game and the weld will break after a few games, lol

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Funny, it used to be that the Export games were built first, and since Canada was the closest export point, we'd end up getting games early. I seem to remember one of the guys around here getting the first Tron LE back when those were new. I know P1 originally said they were hoping for mid-october for premiums when I put my deposit down, so hoping to pick up my game from them before the end of the month.

Don't think Canada is considered export anymore. Reasoning? My Canadian LE hasn't shipped while multiple shipments of US LEs are in people's homes.

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

LE no. 283 here ..

already have a problem .. dr. stranger disc is stuck up after updating to .91 and i cant find a way to test it .. should i be trying to go back to .90?

balls fall in but no attempt to clear the subway during ball search

Make sure you didn't install Pro code? Weird that there would be no test.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Should be fine after you properly update.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball7:

#264 is down. CPU died after 1 test game. Board is only getting 48 voltages. Hopefully Stern will take care of it sooner rather than later. Also not too happy about how my shooter lane looks.

Shooter lane wouldn’t bother me at all. I think it is just a wood defect.

As for the cpu, that sucks. I wonder if it is a power supply issue. Might be worth swapping the supply with another spike 2, they are pretty easy to remove/install. Three nuts and loosening a few screws.

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball7:

So I actually tested the “bad” cpu board from Avengers and put in JP, and it would not boot. So the CPU is 100% the problem. It was cool to see the Avengers animation in JP thigh lol. I did not want to put a CPU from my JP or Maiden into Avengers, and the reason was because, I did and still do not know what caused the CPU board on Avengers to go bad, so I did not want to risk another board going dead.

Hopefully they can get the new CPU board out to you quick.

#1351 1 year ago

Yeah. Stupid Toronto guys.

I know where mine is, unfortunately still at least a couple of days away. Really hopeful for Friday, but my guess is it will slide until Monday.

#1453 1 year ago

Won't have my LE until Monday. Dammit.

#1508 12 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

I spoke to soon... GI on the right side seems to have gone out. Any thoughts?

I had a section of GI on my Deadpool LE that wouldn't light, turned out to be a bulb short triggering the overcurrent protection. I did get an overcurrent protection warning when I turned on the machine though.

I would remove and check each bulb in the section that is out.

#1566 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, thus far flipper coil temp testing reveals these coil fade ratings:

None - Star Wars
Mild - Avengers (135 peak temp after 60 minutes of play)
Moderate - TMNT, Iron Maiden, TNA
Severe - Stranger Things (>157 degrees after 45 minutes of play)

Interesting, and weird. Not sure why there would be such a wide difference.

#1627 12 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am still waiting on my LE to ship from distributor, good thing I just picked up BBH Reloaded, I haven’t touched a pin in days!

Picking up my LE from the depot in a couple of hours. Finally. At least I won't be the last one in North America to get his LE, thanks Indusguys

#1644 12 months ago

LE is in the house and setup! Everything looks great so far. One (very) minor question:

I always go through the goodie bag. Got the usual spare sling plastics, stand up target stickers, but only one key fob plastic, the little dog. Anyone else get other key fob plastics? Usually they have three or four different ones. Need to know if I have to go full on rage mode at Stern support tomorrow

#1765 11 months ago

I think I am too trained to follow the colored lights. Got lost my first time in Soul Gem mode. Hit all the green lit shots, then sat there stupidly hitting a couple of invalid shots until I ran out of flips. Read the rules online and saw that I was supposed to be hitting Thor and then drops. I am sure they were blinking "hit me" at the time, but I was looking everywhere for green arrows. I think something similar happens in one of the gem quests. You follow the colored arrows and then are left kind of hanging.

Suggestion if anyone from Stern is reading: Maybe adding some text to the screen for the next shot? Or a callout? Note it is entirely possible there was one or both and I just spaced...lol

#1768 11 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Played this for the first time today on site.
Best score just shy of 400mil.

I'm 30 plays in according to my game, probably 20 of those actual real games rather than testing/restarts. Still only 70mill for best. Yes, I am terrible.

#1781 11 months ago

Had a portal ball lock issue. Not exactly sure how it occurred. Two player game, three balls in the portal lock subway mech. Looks like two of them were up against each other instead of being separated by the teeth so the game lost track of one ball. Unfortunately the ball search didn't even attempt to clear the subway, so had to tilt the game to end.

Maybe a software fix to eject all balls from the subway if first ball search fails and treat them as virtually locked for the rest of that game?

Hopefully it was a one in a hundred fluke that the balls ended up like that.

#1800 11 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

loosen the six or 7 hex screws on the bottom and move the mech up or down. The alignment is probably off on the teeth vs the slots causing them to stick down. if the ball passes all the way through (because the teeth are stuck down), the software makes it behave like a virtual lock.
had the same issue with mine. It worked great for almost 300 games until a weld point broke

If the issue happens again I’ll take a look. Thanks!

#1801 11 months ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, including once in the handful of games I’ve played on the new code, so it does not seem to be fixed yet. The ball search will eventually clear the subway but not until the 3rd or 4th time through I think. Would be much less annoying if the subway were cleared on the first pass of the ball search.

Interesting that it does eventually clear, guess I am too impatient. I agree a quicker clear would be good, maybe make it adjustable if it isn’t already.

#1856 11 months ago

Anyone else starting to see silver on the black protection ring around the sling disc/portal lock? I thought it was black plastic, but looks like it is black painted metal. Going to have to check my disc level, might be a bit low.

#2213 11 months ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

My subway assembly broke with less than 100 plays. The spot weld on the finger was weak. My distributor came over and replaced the subway assembly with the one off his NIB premium.
Its now working perfect in every way!
I believe they reengineered it!
I think everybody with an LE should get NEW subway

I don’t think everyone with an LE has a broken spot weld.

#2216 11 months ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Not yet
I believe they were inspected and found to be "weak weld"
What im saying is, Not only has the spot weld been fixed, My balls travel through the subway as intended with no issues!
So I think they also performed another fix as well

Do you have pictures showing the old subway mech vs the newly designed one? That would help other owners determine if there were any changes.

I am glad you are back up and running, but I think you are jumping to conclusions that all LE owners have a defective subway mech and need a new one.

1 week later
#2689 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone managed to get action button champion? Is it coded?

I think it is a troll. Actually I hope it is a troll because it would be kinda funny.

#2711 11 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

After having owned the game for a couple weeks I decided to give her a wipe down and found this.

Dammit you made me look at mine. Seeing the same thing. Should've checked it sooner and put a washer under there.

3 weeks later
#3392 10 months ago

As an average (on a good day) player, I find myself wishing there was a way other than soul gem to try to replay a lost gem mode. Maybe getting a couple of avengers fully levelled up or something? Or an adjustment added where you can choose between continuing a gem mode or selecting a new one, even if no bonus is awarded on the continue.

I know, "play better", but a lot of times a bad first ball and missing out on a gem, especially if I am only a shot or two away from completing it just leads to a restart. Feels like a double kick to the nuts.

3 weeks later
#3874 9 months ago

The problem is the end of the ball guide can start to wear away the clear and paint around it as it is flexing when getting hit. The washer keeps that part of the guide off the play field.

Depending on the tightness of the guide, how many plays and how long it goes unnoticed it can wear pretty visibly.

#3919 9 months ago
Quoted from Saddath:

When i download the new premium code it is named as le. Is that the correct one or has stern fucked up the hyperlinks?

Premium and LE code are the same.

3 weeks later
#4544 8 months ago

My $.02...

Not going to add lexan to the CM ramp. I get I am probably in the minority. I am always hesitant to make changes that make shots substantially easier unless it is clear there is a production/assembly issue that needs to be addressed.

The pics of the proto CM ramp being enclosed doesn't strike me as a smoking gun. It is possible it was changed in production to make the shot harder because Keith felt it was too easy with the ramp enclosed, not because of any manufacturing or cost cutting measure.

If it does come out that it is a manufacturing issue/unintended design change then I'll slap a piece of lexan in there and would hope Stern would offer either replacement ramps or an official fix kit in the future. Doing it prematurely would feel like adding training wheels to me, but to each their own.

2 weeks later
#5066 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah. I have rarely been screwed by the portal, but it can happen. Cap Marvel reject drains are definitely real, but usually that's my own fault for not hitting the ramp cleanly enough. The only other drain that really feels unfair to me is a ball coming down the right side (to the right of Thor) hugs the lane guide and would feed cleanly to the right flipper...until it hits the freaking rubber rings on the posts just left of the Ant-Man wire-form. That rubber is just enough to bounce most balls perfectly into the center drain instead of my flipper. I need to pull mine apart and see if there is any room for adjustment on those posts, otherwise I might need to replace them with the cliffy/post rubber style posts instead of rings. The way that lane guide is shaped, it seems clear that they should be feeding clean to the right flipper, but those rubbers peak out JUST enough to screw you over. Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

I was having the same issue. I think the intent of those post rubbers is to bounce the ball away from the centre drain. I bent my outlane guide a fraction to expose a bit more of the post, and now I get a nice bounce off of it to the left flipper.

1 month later
#6150 6 months ago

My Captain Marvel ramp is fine. No plexi, no third party mod. It is a tough shot, but once you find it it is makeable on the fly and from a left cradle fairly consistently. I am an average on a good day player and I don't find it frustrating. The designer recommends keeping the ramp waxed, make sure it is adjusted properly and you should be good to go.

The Pro shot is way easier though so keep that in mind.

1 month later
#6953 5 months ago
Quoted from ModelVault:

I got my Avengers Pro today (first NIB game), the spinning disc wont spin at all, it was like stuck? i manage to loosen it a little by manually spinning it with my hand but it still wont spin if the ball hits it... the ball just nudges it. Anybody else have this issue??

Maybe the disc is adjusted too low? In the key posts for the thread there are instructions for adjusting the height of the disc as well as adjusting the sensitivity, I would start there.

#6997 4 months ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

My AIQ Premium just went dead after tilting for the first time. I've had tilt warnings before, but never tilted completely. Now I have no lights / indicators at all. Checked connections at the tilt bob and everything looks fine. Just no power at all. Any ideas?

So no lights at all on the cpu board? Did your power cable come loose from the back of the pin maybe? I'd start checking the real basic stuff, then follow the troubleshooting flowchart here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

3 months later
#7832 55 days ago

1) Yes, Titans have a different surface than traditional rubber and will cause the ball to behave differently.

1.5) The flipper is on a metal rod that goes through a plastic bushing. If the bottom of the flipper bat is tight to the top off the bushing you could have issues. Compare to the left and see if there is a difference.

1 month later
#8432 12 days ago
Quoted from pluto:

SO AIQ was my first NIB pin I bought and with an impending move across the country my wife and I are looking to sell. However, we had a buyer come out that pointed out there is "ribbing" or "planking" on the playfield. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm contacting stern to see if it's covered under warranty and I can get a new Playfield, but is this a common thing for Sterns? I got the machine in May 2021 and have put around 600 plays on it, but this seems like a factory issue. Attached are some images - it's hard to take pictures of but I think you can tell what's going on. Small vertical lines that across the length and width of the playfield.

This "ribbing" is pretty common on newer Sterns, some have it worse than others. From your pics I think yours is actually pretty mild to others I have seen. I haven't ever heard of Stern replacing a playfield for it. Your biggest issue is probably just an overly picky buyer or someone who is just trying to drive your asking price down. Personally I wouldn't discount any pin I was selling because of it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside