IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5354 3 years ago

I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on a premium but had a few questions...

1. How deep is the game compared to other "deep" games (my metrics are WoZ and LOTR for deep and something like WCS94 for simple)?

2. How friendly is it to new players/casuals? I remember one thing I didn't love about Star Trek was that the mode start shot was borderline impossible for my wife and other friends who never play pinball. Combos, loops, "big toy" targets are fine...But if you can't make any meaningful progress without incredibly accurate shots, it sort of ruins the excitement for lesser skilled players.

3. I've been reading this thread pretty thoroughly and see a good number of issues (some super small and simple to others quite in depth)...I'm assuming it's a crap shoot re: how good bad it is? What about the clear coat?

I believe there's a pro somewhat near me in Indy, but I don't know of any premiums nearby (there may be about an hour away after some additional research). I'm gonna do my best to get some games on one first, but I figured I'd get some input from y'all who currently own and have put a good number of games on one!

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

It makes lotr and woz look like a children’s book and this is a suspense novel.
It is really deep. If you aren’t a good player who can’t hit combo shots and all ramp and lane shots it is not for you. The out lanes eats the balls so you have to plan shots so the ball comes back the ramps to you. He has the angles setup perfectly to make you pay if you miss a shot. That third flipper blocks a lot. My daughter was having a bad game and had 13 million starting her third ball last night and was playing that ball and multi ball for 35 minutes and scored 746 million. So can be really deep. Black order is key. You need to read screen and hold flippers in prior to game to practice black order mode. She lost it by one shot. It is our favorite game now. Buy it!

So it looks like you own LOTR and WOZ, yes? Most people have never "finished" LOTR or WOZ, but seems as though a decent number of folks are taking down Thanos. I'm curious about how you've come up with your comment regarding the depth of this. It's not meant as disrespect as much as genuine curiosity!

And everyone is talking about how hungry the outlanes on this game are...Is that just geometry being geometry? I'm assuming this is with posts as tight as they can be, too?

#5552 3 years ago

I'm actually renting a Pro from a local guy (thanks PinSwap). I kind of love it, and I'm not sure I can see the extras on the Prem/LE being worth that cost. Might consider looking for a pro at some point and save the money to put towards another game.

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I originally played a LE on location and fell in love w the game. I couldn’t afford the LE or Premium so I bought a Pro. I thought I might regret it especially since it doesn’t have the Captain Marvel loop. I’ve had it for 3 months and added a shaker, Sanctum mod and a couple of other mods. I absolutely love the Pro. I went back to the bar and played the LE yesterday and actually preferred my Pro. LE PF was Almost too cluttered. My kids made the same comment. I bet it’s all about what you’re familiar with. Long story short, if you get a Pro, it’s all you’ll know and you’ll absolutely love it. Just get a shaker and some good mods and you’ll be happy

The one I've got at the house right now has a shaker. I was skeptical and thought it would be too much, but the guy must have it set just right...Because it's PERFECT and an absolutely wonderful addition to the experience!

#5603 3 years ago

I know the comprehensive rule sheet exists, but is there a "strategy guide" for how to approach all the gem quests, where placement makes sense, when to stack multiballs, etc?

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

The great thing is I will never be good enough to be in a tournament so playing 3 or 5 balls will never matter. I will never post my high scores on pinside since I play 5 balls and am not really that great anyway.
I think I have as much enjoyment tweaking the game and modifying them as I do playing them.

This is the thing that took me FOREVER to get over, and I still struggle with it sometimes (not just in pinball). The purist in me says, "Modern pinball is a 3-ball game!" or "This <insert video game> is supposed to be played on hard!" or "No takebacks!"

It should be about fun, and whatever it takes to make it fun should absolutely be done.

Of course, like you alluded to, if you plan to play competitive pinball or shoot for high scores or whatever, than yeah - adjust the game and settings to match. But otherwise? Nah - have fun.

One of the best things I've ever done with any game I've owned is to set the tilt bob extra loose to encourage me to nudge more. It makes the entire experience more physical and raw, and I love it.

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

got my first gem today. not sure how i did it, but i got one. power gem, i think.

I always go for the gem that let's you collect shots with the action button first. And stack in Thor multiball so that I stand a better chance at completing it!

On that, if I use the action button to collect a shot, how do I recharge the action button use?

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code has made it to 1.0. What’s the consensus on the age old question. Pro or Prem?

I've only played the Pro. But from what I'm reading and what I've watched, this isn't a game where going Pro or Premium will leave you feeling like you're really "missing out" on features like other Stern games. I'm incredibly impressed with how jam packed the Pro is.

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

To recharge the Mind Gem, you have to level up the Avenger it's on or use the Space Gem or "Change Gems" to move it to a different Avenger that's been collected. For example, if Mind Gem is on an Avenger that's been collected and you use it up then hitting shots to power up that Avenger to Level 1 will recharge it and give you Level 1 Mind Gem power (3 uses on the best shot available).

I just read the Tilt rules and it says:

Action Button will spot shots (one use for each threshold of Avenger qualification for the Avenger with the Mind Gem), with similarities to the BOOM button in Deadpool. After all uses are depleted, the gem must be replaced or the Avenger leveled up in order to use it again.

* If Mind Gem is on an uncollected / collected Avenger, action button will only work on THAT shot for all modes running. Uncollected = 1 use. Collected = 2 uses

* If placed on level 1 Avenger, action button will spot the best shot anywhere on the playfield (what the game thinks is the “best” shot) – 3 uses.

* If placed on level 2 Avenger, action button will act like a Big Boom and spot all shots in all running modes, left to right, in order. This can be very helpful during Hulk Rampage! Unlike the other Mind Booms, this only works once and then the Mind gem must be re-placed.

* If placed on the drop targets, the action button can be used to stop the cycling lit square and allow you to gain computer grid awards easier. Must be re-placed after three grid collections through this method. If the computer cannot be advanced because you are in a wizard mode, mind gem on drops will act as hitting all the drops down. This allows you to use it in Soul Gem if mind gem is on drops.

* If placed on Captain Marvel, scores 1 ramp / 10 spins worth of progress towards a count up award and spots whatever shot is currently lit there. Must be re-placed after three uses.

So if I understand correctly, I'll use Black Widow as an example...

I have not collected Black Widow and I place the Mind Gem on her.

* Because she is not collected, I can use the Mind Gem to collect 1 shot on Black Widow.
* I can collect her while the Mind Gem is there and am now able to use it twice on the Black Widow shot.
* If I use the Mind Gem while she's uncollected, does collecting her recharge it?
* Once I've used a level 2 Mind Gem boom, I must MOVE the Mind Gem to use it again. Can it be moved to Hulk and then moved back to Black Widow for another level 2 boom?

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You need a mandatory IQ of 140 to understand all the nuances of this game. I like to shoot flashing shots gosh darn it!

It's WAY deeper than I expected, ha.

#5782 3 years ago

As I said earlier, I don't think you're getting less game with a pro on this title. I can't see how you'd go wrong with either. But it is worth mentioning the need to service and tweak the subway, CM ramp, and rising stage. Some folks seem to have zero issues, other are in a constant uphill battle!

Unrelated, I keep forgetting that some gem mode shots are on the drop targets. This morning, I was doing one of the modes and could not figure out what shot to hit. After the ball eventually drained, I noticed the grid flashing and moving up and down. Oops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=nicoga3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.