04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mugen_4_life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mylar in the shooter lane and new balls is all I have planned. Eventually I’ll add a plastic protector set and Titan rubbers,

Definitely need to turn ball eject coil down after applying the mylar and see what is best, I made the mistake of leaving my JP prem on factory strength while waiting for the protector to show up and I now have a little marring where the ball hit the right edge of the shooter lane. My buddy's say I'm crazy but IT'S THERE! Also wanted to add a playfield protector to JP but pinball machines ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED! There is mylar in all of the high traffic areas so I'm good with the dimples... I may eventually have the playfield clearcoated but It's FAR TOO ADDICTIVE to let it go out of rotation to unpopulate and clear it RN!

Avengers will be the same way! Can't wait to get my premium! I advise ANY PRO/PREMIUM BUYER to have
Robertstone0407 of Stone cold coatings add some high end finishing touches to your machine... he's done work for me in the recent past (durring all this craziness) and will 100% be doing all of my machines in the future! Want to talk mods? His work is the ultimate mod! I know this is my JP but It's one of Keith's masterpieces and currently my favorite game! Rob will be doing my AIQ prem in this illusion Berry as well!!

20200915_203439 (resized).jpg20200915_203439 (resized).jpgpowder-coated-dohc-vtec-valve-cover-thumbnail (resized).jpgpowder-coated-dohc-vtec-valve-cover-thumbnail (resized).jpg

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ugh Im so annoyed. Had a premium set up for that first run. Now Im scrambling to find one for the second run. Bleh! thinking about buying something else in the meantime and ill make room next year for AIQ.

Not following? Whats wrong with the first run?

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 for trent and Tilt!

I second this! Ordered and paid up for my premium already.... will ship directly to me from stern SOON! Only distro I'll be using from now on for all other Elwin titles!

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

AIQ pro shooter lane, after 4 days of play at the PHoF. the recessed apron light is nice.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Im surprised they don't know to turn down the strength on the ejection coil, this happens to all new stern machines if they aren't turned down. A piece of mylar at the shooter lane as well as a cliffy when available. I also will be adding a circle of mylar on the P/F where all wire forms exit dropping the ball from above onto the playfield, and another square under the Captain Marvel ramp area just incase the ball drops out from a lack of speed or just happens to fumble for any reason.

I've wanted to try a playfield protector but can't bring myself to with the possibility of changing the way the ball moves on the playfield in a negative manner... I hate to see dimples all over my JP prem but shit happens, these games are meant to be played. I can always clear coat my playfield in the future if need be. I will be keeping all of my Elwin games so it makes sense to do that eventually.

#490 3 years ago

I will put my idea out there it seems to add a bit of flare to the bland post idea and yet keeps the play the same as far as what the ball will hit.

Place a petg disc above the post and mount a gem, strands of what looks like colorful sling blade, or anything that will fit on top without hitting the glass when the disc raises for ball lock. Here is a picture I came up with just messing around to give an idea... very very rough...

20200928_154821 (resized).jpg20200928_154821 (resized).jpg
#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

The engineer on this game talked about keeping the mech light as possible so it would work good. adding weight may not be a good idea...

Thats true, Im not trying to add anything too heavy just a thin disc with a gem mounted to it or even something that looks like a bright orange/red twister to emulate the look of the spinning sling blade.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.
Dan

I wax after the first 100 plays, stern says use novus 2 but that is a buffing compound and although very mild it can still negatively effect your playfield over time especially with the way these new stern playfields have been clear coated with a watered down thin layer of clear... I use mothers straight carnauba with no additives. Also do a good wipe down prior to waxing the field to get all of the dirt and debris off of the playfield, to do this I used to use naphtha generously but I worry about the newer stern playfields and now use as little as possible on the PF also cleaning all of the rubbers/silicone/urethane prior to the waxing.

#531 3 years ago

How many 420's you have?

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Going to Pick up My LE tonight.
Stupid work and Life or I would already be on my way!

From Trent?

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

66 has landed!
[quoted image]

Congratulations! SUPER EXCITING!

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

In on a Premium. Anyone working on any Mods yet? Im excited to see the improvements to the Gauntlet and Tower.

Also in on a prem and I asked this a while back and many reminded me none of the games have been delivered to customers yet aside from a few LE's yesterday and today! (WHOOHOO!!!) So we're VERY CLOSE TO PREM Run #1

I like the gauntlet just fine but the GEMS on it need to be changed out! I know they didnt want anyone to see the led boards behind a clear gem but they obviously would be colored a bit to hide the leds inside...

The tower 100% should be more accurate as far as the look and shape. I can paint it myself if need be but anything is better then the cheap-o flatstics (flat-plastics ) stern uses on all of their machines 5k-15k they never break the mold... or break out a mold to make some sculpts! Their games would look SO MUCH BETTER.

Quoted from RikV:

Don’t forget Sanctum. Definitely need a Sanctum and a Tower mod.

The sanctum mod would go great incorporated with a mod for the pop bumpers... they need to make them pop! A bit more than just the standard flat plastic... so sick of those!

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

I had some free time recently (I'm an artist) so I decided to take a crack at designing a Thanos to replace the back plastic one in between the two ramps. After some tinkering here is my prototype. Thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share. I hooked up his eyes to the standard GI, but could also probably do flashers. Might sell some if there is any interest?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done! Id love to see how it looks installed along with his teeth painted a light grey. Very nice touch! BRAVO!

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Avenger DOWN!!!
Avenger DOWN!!!
We played about 10 games on our new LE tonight.
As I was playing, I heard a loud thump!
Sounded like a ball fell out of the playfield and went boom on the bottom of the cabinet.
I investigated and found parts in the cabinet that made the sound.
After looking closer, I found they came from 5.45 Walking lock bottom assembly.
I detailed in pictures how the assembly comes out. It was easy 3 Nuts and disconnect 1 harness going to the coil.
You have to take off the E clips and then that rail in order to get the broken piece off.
Its called Finger ASM, Long pin part #515-2367-00
I am sharing this post because I know this is not Isolated and others will have same problem. Those post on the fingers are spot welded, similar to coil stops in my opinion.
It was sort of a Lot to take off considering you have to remove 6 E-clips. Sometime those clips like to have wings!
I am not sure what they will send out to replace.
It would be easier fix if they send out replacement Assembly instead of just the Finger.
The Assembly Part #511-3005-00
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thankyou for sharing this with us all, what a bummer to have that happen after just setting the game up and playing just a few games on it... but I'm sure they will jump to the send you a full assembly asap. Did the spot weld fail causing the pin to drop? Is it something a local welder could fix for you? Not every shop has a spot welder but tig may be a possibility?
Can't wait to get my premium!

Please keep us posted on the progression with your distro or stern directly. Thanks man! Also is it possible to turn the physical ball lock off and just play with virtual locks in the time being?

#649 3 years ago

#280 Just Arrived
[quoted image]

Also that Epoxy floor treatment is AWESOME! IM going to finish off my basement next year if all goes well and was about to price out some laminate flooring, whats the cost on this route VS buying the flooring and labor on install? Any idea?

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

No, first I’ve seen on pinside. The issue seems to be fairly isolated at this point, but still something for everyone to be aware of just in case.

Where else was this brought up? Was it all the same single weld? Doesn't seem like this would be a big issue. Although spot welds do sometimes have issues with fully penetrating the surfaces.

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

For the record, this is the view from the player’s perspective. I actually can’t even see add-a-ball, let alone Extra Ball...
[quoted image]

You're 100% right!
The spot Iron is the only award displayed that is visible from the players perspective! How they didn't see this is beyond me. I know they wanted an RGB light as close to the spinning disc as possible but they could have made a better visible sign or moved the RGB light fixture to the side of that sign.

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

One thing I just don't get is the empty blue room that the game always defaults to showing on the LCD.
The image above has a player with literally 3 billion more points than I'll ever score - still just an empty blue room.
Why not show off the Avengers you've collected, or something anything at all in the vicinity of the marvel universe? People hated on Wonka's display, but at least it's showing a chocolate factory.
I get what it's supposed to be, but a blue floor and empty shelves for the majority of gameplay really ruins the feeling that the code is finished.

I know right!! They should have shown a scene in front of the tower building with members of the black order terrorizing the city. And! For each shot made the game shows a cut scene of that specific shots corresponding Avenger attacking a different member of the black order!!! That would be a great setup and when you get a trophy, there is a cut scene showing a cameras view entering the tower and flowing through it into the trophy room. It wouldn't be bad to keep the blue cpu room screen for parts of the game where the player is focused on a super computer mode challenge. But that blue room as the main game mode screen just doesnt mesh well with A SAVE THE WORLD COLLECT THE GEMS OR THE WORLD WILL BE IN GRAVE DANGER! ATMOSPHERE IT SHOUKD GIVE OFF!

#921 3 years ago

Anyone here heard from their distros on Premium arrival? I was told Oct. 9th back in September when I was told to pay in full and did so... just curious if anyone else who put their deposit in and then had been told to pay in full recieved their shipping info yet.... I'm excited to get this machine!

Hopefully stern fixes the shitty welds on the portal lock mechs, they should've come up with a better design as many folks have had two balls locked up top with one at the third position causing all sorts of issues, along with the spinning disc sensors being faulty.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Wonder if it the portal mech was changed in the middle of the LE run.

Whys that?

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I passed that information along to Stern , although i never heard back from them when it seemed like they were going to help me . Maybe they kicked it up to another engineer or are waiting for a response from another team member.

Or maybe they figured you had 50% success rate and called it a day! (I'm joking)

Hit them up tomorrow, I'm sure you'll get a fix. It may just be you have a short in the wiring have you tested the voltage at the discs connector?

Have you by chance noticed any balls fly off the right orbit return rails? That may be a good time to tell stern about that as well so you can gauge their knowledge about that issue as well....

What was your machine manufacture date?

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

Whats your build date? looks like they implemented the change in the first week of October.

My bad, didn't realize the two pictures were of an LE and a PRO machine, they may not have implemented a change at all... captain Marvel spinner shot required the one Rubber to help the ball come around as smooth as possible but after watching videos they could have worked a bit more on the flow of that shot, however I assume the pro design was an afterthought with Prem/LE being developed first.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.
Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

They are having a Chinese manufacturer make them, cool white (natural light) bulbs they have STERN on them and are 6.3v comet has a 5v cool white that puts off an exact color match but it's a bit brighter than sterns bulbs due to the 5v being optimal for spike system.

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Here we go boys...LE #260 is in the house. They clearly do not make them in order as my production date was 10/5. I definitely enjoy it so far. A bit dark. Stern should include the topper and speaker lights with LE's. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) came with both at a lower cost and I love that game as well. Plenty of shots to make and as I'm not a pinball whiz, it should challenge me for some time.
It is too bad that some of you have had issues, I've been lucky so far. Second NIB purchase and I think that is the way I'm going from now on. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) had one small issue, they sent me the new part and it was perfect. We'll see if something breaks on this or if I luck out.
Looking forward to getting a few mods, the topper and lights.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not to mention the cost difference the work that CGC put into redrawing the DOTS and the added LED integration with the GI as well makes their new machines a thing of beauty! I loved the SE Monsters bash we had in my area with the Bigger DMD and added Lightshow improvements it was EPIC! Well worth the 7,200 for the machine shipped. It had been hard to find a good quality original MB for under 7k and these things BLOW THE ORIGINAL OUTTA THE WATER!!! Stern needs to Improve the QC and Upgrade the no brainer parts for all of us LOYAL customers who pay $7500-9100 on the regular! We deserve colored GI & FULL RGB Lighting at this point for premium games as well as a custom sculpted topper and a few sculpts to replace certain flat plastic themed pieces found on their pro /premium/ LE models and just make those flat themed plastics for the PRO only (think flat plastic gauntlet on pro VS sculpted gauntlet on Prem/LE.) Or flat plastic of raptor on JP2 pro VS plastic moving raptor figure on Premium/LE. Some stuff is just LONG OVERDUE STERN PINBALL!

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Please god no. I will pay extra for white GI. Or better yet, just put that RGB money into mechs, code, etc. Most inserts only need to be one color.

I get your point... but I think these games should have the capability of colored GI included so the design team can implement different moments in the games as they see fit... I don't incorporate any kind of static colors in my GI lamps for the sole reason of how horrible it makes a game look if done the wrong way. BUT! The cpu controlled RGB lighting used on CGC games, rick and morty, TMNT, walking dead, and some of the work pinball refinery did with some of their custom machines (Thinking of Metallica off the top of my head) is GREAT! Also the ability to utilize RGB GI within browser.

#1650 3 years ago

I was the first to post the subway "broken spot weld finger issue"
I am still waiting on assembly. Im being told it should be here on wednesday. Basically 2 more days. I put in service order on October 2nd.
My machine had under 15 plays when it broke. Forcing me to disable subway.
Im not sure why it is taking so long!

Hope you get that replacement mech and the welds look to be of better quality. Please take a few pictures of the two so we can see if they've just sent you another without modification or if they actually took a look at the problem area which quite a few have had HERE and im sure many others not on pinside have also experienced.

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

My premium will be here Monday; this is going to be a looooong weekend

I know the feeling,
my tracking said today would be the day. I called yesterday to try and setup a delivery for today but it was said to be in transit to a closer location which is a short ten minutes from my location.... so today I called and they said it was still on it's way from the hub that was just two hours from my location and their hub as well. This means I likely won't get my call untill monday and delivery on tuesday IF I'M LUCKY! I even asked to pick it up today at the terminal if it showed up. They said yes! If it arrived before four thirty. (And it's currently five fourty five.)

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's still ridiculous to me that Stern's low level system doesn't have a CHECK that it's being put on the right machine yet. This is gradeschool-level programming best practices. But we are talking about Lonnie here, so...

Is Lonnie the one responsible for the final packaging of each code update? I'd think it's on the lead software engineer from each individual title to implement changes and polish before submitting code revisions, and they most definitely should have the ability to block the transfer if the machine isn't the proper trim level.

This is a VERY SIMPLE FIX. Stern has just been slow to make these changes!

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This is my first Elwin game and I love it so much. never played IM and only have about 20 plays on a JP Pro. Im kind of wavering on my GnR LE pre order and thinking about JP Premium.....

Go play a JP ASAP You'll fall in love 100%

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or that cabinet is slightly out of square, or the glass channel plastic was put on just slightly off.

Glass channel most likely.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Just received my premium and the Playfield is perfect!
[quoted image]

So happy for you! Mine has pooling around the Pym ball guide, on both sides of the thor captive ball (guides) the wagonda ball guide, and one post on the right outlane area which had a washer under it and the pooling surrounds the washer.... I noticed a chip of the art was missing ON DAY ONE from the right side of my pym ball guide (the side the ball never contacts) but the guide was dug so far into the playfield that the art bubbled up slong the guide and chipped off before even making it to my home! This is unacceptable being a $7800 game that was never played to have such damage on day one! I contacted stern but I just don't see them sending me a populated playfield to fix these issues that I clearly can't fix myself after paying nearly 8k for a new machine. I know it's "pinball" and the machines are meant to be played, but I can't get the thought out of my head that if I were selling a 8k machine I'd make sure my customers were looked after 100% especially before they even played one game!

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I tried getting a washer under that Ant Man ball guide, but I didn't see a nut under the playfield to loosen so I couldn't lift the end of the guide enough to get one in there. I pried up the end of the guide a bit so I could slide a thin strip of mylar under it for now, but I'd like to get a washer there instead. It didn't seem like that screw (or whatever it is) at the end of the ball guide goes through the playfield though. Is there a way to raise it to get a washer under that one? Does it just lift out?[quoted image]

There is a nut under the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,924 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mugen_4_life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=mugen_4_life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.