IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11426 1 year ago

I was not looking to add this particular game to the lineup, but one came up for sale at a reasonable price and distance from me so I figured, what the hell, I'll try it. I know I am in the early phase of owning the game, but what a pleasant surprise. There's a lot going on in this game, but the code isn't nearly as complicated as some make it out to be. Like I said I am in the early days of owing it and know there's a lot to the code I don't know, but that's also what makes it so fun. The general base of the code with collecting gems and bringing in multiballs with mini wizard modes along the way, very fun. I'm glad I picked this one up.

1 week later
#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

He couldn’t really find anything wrong lol;
He said the flippers were mis aligned ; something to do with a bushing?; then he said my height of my flippers was off either too high or too low I forget causing the flippers to drag ;
But he said my coil stops should be fine; it’s brand new game and and that I’m nuts to think to replace them…

Like vikeking27 said, they very well might be fine, but why wouldn't he at least check them to make sure? Did the tech play test the machine after making the adjustments to see if the game was functioning properly? It would be interesting to know if the tech thought the ramp/flippers were performing as they should after they played it themselves.

3 weeks later
#11610 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Did a switch test and left return lane switch isn’t working or registering what’s the next step? That’s why my iron man letters aren’t getting spelled
Thank you

It is not registering at all regardless of how far you push it down with your finger? You might want to unbolt it from the game and see if it registers when you push it down. If it does, you have to adjust the height of the switch to register when a ball travels over it, if it still doesn't work, I would check to see if a wire came off. If all the wires look ok, you will probably have to replace the switch.

#11613 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You guys are a godsend I don’t know what I would do without you ; I did as you suggested everything was in order. I basically just had to bend the wire down a bit more to give it more play so it would register …
Can’t believe it was that simple of a fix ; literally bent wire down from bottom side of playfield has more play and that was it ;
Tested with a ball rolling down and it registered every time ;
Is this something I’ll have to bend more you think or play test and see how it goes ? Also kinda surprised all it took was a little bit of play for it to register

Typically it doesn't take much to adjust a switch. You should test it a bunch of times to make sure it is registering as it should and then play it. Once it is adjusted so it is working, you shouldn't have to adjust it very often if at all again.

2 weeks later
#11668 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Based on all of your challenges with this game, I would guess your digital level is not calibrated correctly and giving you inaccurate readings that you are trusting.. I would try to calibrate it, buy a new one, or borrow one from your friend. But yes, generally speaking, front legs should be all the way IN and back legs should be about half to 3/4 of the way out.

This all depends on the slope of your floor. I don’t know where your game is located in your house, but most basement slabs are sloped. For instance most of my games have all four legs almost all the way in, within a quarter to a half inch just to get the desired pitch I want. My slab slopes to the middle of the floor.

From what you have been describing it still seems like you aren’t getting full flipper power for some reason. It could be a bind in the assembly, weak flipper coils, or something electrical. I’m sorry I don’t know without diving into the game in front of me.

Also a fairly easy way to check your digital level is to check the pitch in one area, then turn the level 180 degrees and check again. If it’s not the same number then the level needs calibrating.

#11686 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The bubble is a little after the top line of the one by shooter rod ; basically in between the lines but a little past the top line.
That’s what stern said where it should be to me….

You should measure at multiple spots for pitch. I typically measure between the flippers and somewhere at the top, on this game I would put it right in front of the black widow ramp. Then I’ll also check right in the middle of the playfield. It is not unusual to have a .5 degree difference between top and bottom readings. Also if you increased the pitch if the playfield it will actually make it harder to hit the ramp shots (slow the ball down at the ramp), which is the opposite of what you were trying to do.

#11710 1 year ago

I hate to even look at mine now as I haven't noticed one way or the other if the plastic is broken or not. Seems like an easy one to break.

#11711 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

mine broke cleanly off and I have nothing covering the sanctum target now. It's not a big deal but from my height I see all the guts and wires behind and it just looks crappy. If stern can't replace it then I'll probably buy that sanctum mod and be done with it. Marco does show it so maybe one day
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=510-7815-18

Now I'm curious what the sanctum mod is.

Never mind I just looked it up. That is exactly what I would do as well.

4 weeks later
#11813 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Was offered a trade Avengers pro for Iron Miaden pro. Thoughts?

I owned Iron Maiden and I much prefer AIQ over maiden. With that being said I sold Maiden for a bit more than I bought AIQ for, so market value might not be exactly the same.

#11819 1 year ago

Set it the way you want it to play. Everything else doesn't matter.

1 month later
#11932 11 months ago

I think that is a good price and you shouldn't worry about losing to much if you decide to sell it. If you truly believe you are going to hold onto it for years, then I would think you would have no problem getting your money back out of it. I bought mine for about the same price about 6 months ago.

5 months later
#12235 5 months ago

I love that combo. I’ll probably love it even more if I can ever hit it.

#12248 5 months ago

Does someone have or know how I can get the movie code. I just installed the comic code and think it’s a huge improvement. I’d like to try the movie code to see how I like that. PM me if you know where or how I can get it, thanks.

#12251 5 months ago

It looks like you are missing a washer at the top where it attaches around the iron man shot. I attached pictures for both spots so you can compare.

IMG_2132 (resized).jpegIMG_2132 (resized).jpegIMG_2133 (resized).jpegIMG_2133 (resized).jpegIMG_2134 (resized).jpegIMG_2134 (resized).jpegIMG_2135 (resized).jpegIMG_2135 (resized).jpeg
#12264 5 months ago

I've owned my Avengers pro for about 10 months now and I think I've started to figure how I want to play it. I've always been the type of player that tries to make it as far as possible in the game which in turn should give a good score. I played AIQ that way until just recently which drove me a bit nuts with the rules. I would feel like the game was wasted if I started Thor multiball before starting a mode, even on the first ball. For the most part I would spin the disc and shoot the gauntlet to start a mode to collect gems and that's it. After installing the Comic code this weekend, I just "played" the game. I didn't worry to much about where I was shooting, I just shot around. What I found was I enjoyed the game much more than letting the rules consume me during gameplay. I also realized the disc is hit so often from missed shots that the portal is often open without trying. I started to play the game as what was available to me to start, rather than a methodical 1. spin disc 2. get Thor ready 3. start mode 4. start multiball 5. etc. I played a couple of games last night and ended up making it through all the gems collecting all but one and losing one to Thanos. I know it's not a good score for the people that do know how to make all the rules work in their favor, but I got my personal best of just under 900 million. I had this game on the market, but I think I'm going to keep it a bit longer. I just thought I would share this for those of you that may be letting the rules govern too much of your play style.

2 weeks later
#12331 5 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fellow superheroes -- if you got the new code today you'll see Stern forced some attract mode commercials into your face.
Go into Standard Adjustments, go to #55 -- "Display Message of the Day" -- and turn to OFF.
Let's not clutter this thread, you can use my other thread here to discuss/rant/etc. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-stern-s-annoying-new-commercials

Are there any real changes that effect the gameplay on this update?

2 months later
#12527 89 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
When I bought my AIQ, a playfield protector was installed. I'm in general in favor of PP, but in this case it's causing me problems. Could be because of a faulty installation, or a defect in the PP itself, here's the issue I'm facing:
- There's a rollover switch just above the bumpers, on the right, to detect "flank attack"
- The playfield protector is not completely aligned, so the protector is slightly raised at the bottom
This cause the ball to get stuck on the rollover switch in case of slow movement
So I can try to readjust it, but it's a major endeavor (as of course this area is complicated to get access to), and more importantly, I'm not sure it's actually not aligned in the first place. Looks to me the opening for the rollover switch has very tight tolerance, and if I try to adjust it downward I will get the same behaviour but in reverse.
Anyone with a PP would like to comment ?
Cheers

I'm not sure of the specific of what's creating the problem itself. Is the switch contacting the playfield protector so it doesn't get depressed easily or is the switch to stiff to depress on a slow ball? Is it possible to adjust the switch itself so the ball more easily pushes it down or the switch doesn't come in contact with the playfield protector?

#12542 84 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I did not, because I wanted to make sure the mod fit and worked first. If it had fit properly and worked well, I would've cut the plastic and reinstalled it. I had planned to test first just with that plastic missing.
As for *how* to cut the plastic cleanly... I'm not sure how I would've done it. Maybe with a tinsnips?

I would not use tin snips. I would think a dremel would be the best way to trim a plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.