IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10236 1 year ago

Hi all- any alternative soundtrack/pinsound/any other options out there? I’m in the great game but just can’t get into callouts or sounds/music etc camp as I know many are. Hell even music tracks maybe better. DM if easier thsnks!

#10298 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Checkout the incredible work by Spider with his sound mod. His visuals and audio are rockin'!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod/page/4#post-6961284

Thanks! I got it and just waiting to install- can’t wait!!

#10334 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I discovered an interesting feature: When you have the Mind Gem on the Captain Marvel ramp, if you hit the button to spot the shot that will start the Binary hurryup... it also COLLECTS the hurryup in the same button press! So you just need to make the easy Widow shot to get the ramp multiplier.
So I used that with some new gem strategy to put up a 4.8 billion GC. Basically get Captain Marvel up and then collect big Soul Gem Jackpots there.
Do Mind Gem first of course, ideally without using any portal locks on it, since we don't care about the scoring from the Mind Gem quest itself. Stacking it with Thor is a good idea, since spinning the disc for Mind Gem also qualifies Thor's add-a-ball. When finished, put Mind Gem on Captain Marvel (this may be the toughest part, it's a bitch to get control and hit that without hitting any drop target or spinner or pop bumper!)
Bring Captain Marvel to 2 ramp shots (remember that the gem placement shot itself will count as one), then hit the button, which will both count as the 3rd shot and collect the CM side of the Binary hurryup, so you just need to shoot Widow for the multiplier. You can even do this with a caught ball so you're totally ready to shoot Widow. Bring CM to 5 shots and do it again. Easy 3x, and you can leave the Mind Gem there until you get up to 14 ramp shots to do it one more time for 4x.
Don't start any other gem quest until after Soul Gem, so that its jackpots will be available for all the following quests. And you can take advantage of Soul Gem itself to get some extra CM ramp shots in. If I get it down to the last shot with lots of flips remaining (can often do this with 40+), I'll take advantage of the time to pound CM a few extra times before ending the mode, I'm pretty confident in hitting the tower within about 20 flips if necessary.
After Soul Gem (and the third use of the mind gem at 15 ramp hits for Binary to 4x), then do Change Gems. Put the Soul Gem on CM, and Mind wherever you want, generally Widow is best since she's the easiest to level up. Now start gem questing for real - get portal locks for triple scoring, and ideally stack with Iron Man MB for some nice long victory laps. Now I pick quests based on the status of the Mind Gem at the time: when it's low level, go for Power Gem; when it's at level 1, go for Time Gem (use Mind for all three drop target hits); when it's level 2, go for Reality Gem and super-boom it all at once.
And of course for each of them, hit Captain Marvel for the jackpot of 200% or 250% of the quest score (if/when you can get it up to 5x with one more Binary.) I got four Soul Gem Jackpots each over 200M in that GC game, and up to 400M in another game (actually came from the Space Gem quest, thanks to Panther happening to be at level 2 via the Power Gem, and some lengthy victory laps.)
For Thanos Attacks, select whichever was your third gem (not Soul or Mind), and catch the ball to time it out -- so you can quest for that gem again and get another Soul Gem Jackpot! Go for the repeated gem quest when you have two portal locks, so you're most likely to win it and avoid losing the Soul Gem.
Once you finish all the gem quests, then change gems again for Reality to be on Captain Marvel, since that gives the biggest scoring in the wizard modes (Battle Royale, Super Victory Laps, and Trophy Mania.)
Short version: Exploit Captain Marvel's multiplier for big scores (sorry Pro owners!) Start with the Mind Gem on her for super-easy Binary hurryups, then Soul Gem for big jackpots, then finally Reality Gem for the wizard mode payoffs.

Holy S, I have a lot of learning to do. I want to understand this though!

#10341 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I have some spicing up to do around it and it’s been about a week but I am so happy to be joining my first club! I have never had a materialistic purchase that has come anywhere close to making me this happy. Huge thanks to ZMeny for dealing with me during some late nights.
[quoted image]

Welcome!! First one always stressful. Second one 80% easier. 3-100 eazy peazy

1 week later
#10397 1 year ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

My daughter (whom I’ve mentioned in this thread before), just came up to me with a glint in her eye, and said “dad, you know how you tell me to trudge the machine a bit? Well guess what, I just got a warning!” And then just started giggling. I think I might be creating a few little pinball addicts in my house.
Side note, I’m still learning myself, and have been creeping really close to a billion on 5-ball. So this week I made a deal with the kids—I’m turning the machine back to 3 ball, and if they hit 500M before I hit 1B, I owe them $20. They are all wearing out the coils now, trying to earn those summertime $$’s.
It’s good times seeing them play pinball instead of video games and Netflix (even though I’m a huge gamer and work in the gaming industry).

Haha love it. My daughter weighs 50lbs and throws her whole
Body into it to get the tiniest nudge. So cute

4 weeks later
#10523 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Thanks for all the tips. I thought it was supposed to bounce from the right into the left when released. I keep getting to the Dr Strange time stone mode and I lose 5 flips right out of the gate from it going STDM.
I’ll have to start practicing the timing On a nudge to get it to a left cradle.

Agree SDTM is design. For Soul- I hold up flipper before mode starts to save a flip (I’ve never checked but think that works). Down side is right Outlane drain risk but generally with nudge can avoid. Letting ball just hit upper flip means slower ball movement/easier control.

#10528 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

I actually just started noticing this on mine. Earlier today it came down straight and me it is coming what looks to the the right side. Very hard to do Hawkeye challenge when it doesn’t come down smooth.

I really thought Keith had said SDTM was by design but prob imagining it.

Nice flow down to flipper for me. By gate do you mean the post that comes up to trap ball? So after every 50 plays or so the post on mine starts to cross threshold of playfield. This does screw up the flow coming down but also decreases likelihood I can get tower lock because it loses speed. My fix has been to lift playfield and screw (by hand) the post down lower under playfield. Another 50 games and it works itself back up. Prob a better fix but I haven’t spent time on it (open to suggestions!)

Is your post below playfield?

#10530 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

It’s actually not the up post that causes it. There is a one way gate that when the ball shoot’s up the tower, that gate hinges up so the ball can go upwards but when it comes back down the gate isn’t supposed to move so it directs the ball to the left and it rolls along the ball guide.
For some reason my tower release doesn’t just ride down the ball guide, now it drops slightly to the right, hitting the gate and then causing an uncontrolled roll

Ahhh ok. I guess mine is working properly then. Sorry no idea how to fix that gate.

2 weeks later
#10648 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

pretty big letdown to get to battle thanos for the first time ever but there's no mode cause ya got all 6 gems. Good score though!

Yeh I’m not a fan of this at all

3 weeks later
#10774 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Joined the club! Adding a few mods, including new Titan Rings — those stock Stern rings were making the playfield dirty way too fast. Digging the look of the blue.
[quoted image]

I got blue- def dig that look. And welcome! I got mine in a temporary trade and assumed wouldn’t love it, and ended up buying it (the movie code sealed the deal for me- world of difference imho)

#10780 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

There is, but I don't think it's been updated to the newest code yet and I don't know if you can go backwards. You also can't use IC with it.

Correct, correct and correct, as I understand it

1 month later
#10936 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I guess I could’ve put this anywhere but figured I’ve been a member in this thread the longest. Does anybody take the glass off their pin to practice specific shots?

Not for shots but I did teach my son how to dead flip, drop catch etc with glass off. I guess it’s like batting practice before a MLB game.

4 weeks later
#11080 1 year ago

Hey all- finally learning the deeper rules sets and started working on Mind gen basic strategy etc. Question does Marvel not yield an EB like on Premium? I printed the cards by Allen but don’t see that EB in adjustments. (So only 5EBs available on Pro?)

#11081 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey all- finally learning the deeper rules sets and started working on Mind gen basic strategy etc. Question does Marvel not yield an EB like on Premium? I printed the cards by Allen but don’t see that EB in adjustments. (So only 5EBs available on Pro?)

Never mind I reviewed rules. Damn 1500 spins seems like a lot!

Extra balls can be qualified at the Sanctum target through these methods:

3 completions of the Bullseye targets
2 waves of Super Targets
8 Trophies
2nd Hawkeye Challenge
Late-game Computer Grid Award
Captain Marvel: 50 ramps / 1500 spins
50 combos

#11088 1 year ago
That's out of date, newer code also has an EB at 12 ramps / 360 spins. (For all the Marvel awards, 1 shot on the premium = 30 spins on the Pro.)

Ahhh thank you. I have the code installed so prob can’t get this unless I switch back. Maybe one of these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.