IMG_1304 (resized).JPG
IMG_1300 (resized).JPG
9E80C9EB-17A1-4D6A-A69D-786C9E7FD6D1 (resized).jpeg
35BAA55C-7A67-4720-9A69-9CF60D6F8E4E (resized).jpeg
8598998F-423C-4954-B9E5-03A66480ACA0 (resized).jpeg
20A8CBF1-68D6-4EB2-B22F-948758281356 (resized).jpeg
EFE8BD59-5B9B-49A4-8D06-B9F92817B06C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (1 year ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (1 year ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (1 year ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 1 year ago

In on an LE...think it's shipping next week. Happy to find the club thread...let the games begin ( soon)!

#526 1 year ago

Exciting stuff!!!

#568 1 year ago

My LE ships tomorrow!!! Get it Tuesday. Time to get the dolly out....very excited for this one!!!

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Love how side rails line up with the front legs. Looking good!

Agreed...nice touch!!

#788 1 year ago

Driver called Friday...mine shows up a day early (tomorrow)!!!

Will spare all the box pics (can't open until Wednesday anyway...work calls) but will post a pic and dive into what you guys are doing once in place and setup....Yellow in the game room!!!!

#1032 1 year ago

#375 setup and playing great...love these wireforms!!! Lots to do, and the powder is well done. 6.75 pitch for me working well currently.

Very happy w purchase...

IMG_20201008_222009960 (resized).jpg
#1077 1 year ago

Debating on changing flipper bat colors, but so much on the playfield, hard to pick. Might wait until someone makes some cool covers...maybe yellow for main, but no ideas for 3rd one.

The white might actually work w dark blue titan rubber on them....anyone playing w ideas?

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I ordered Dark Blue for those also, also have purple. Blue would look nice

Cool...is the spinner disc post available? Being lazy, but guessing you've already ordered...thx

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I was lazy too!. I dont know whats in my bag. Went off the kit someone made on here from the manual

Too funny...it's bourbon night, so no telling what I will order around 11 tonight...

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

Over reacting....I had WAY more problems w my NIB BM66LE out of the box ( design as well as break/fix) than AIQLE. ( and BM66 still one of my favorite games now)
I have #375, have put in 3 long evenings on it, and virtually 0 problems that have been mentioned thus far. I am going to change the balls today as I just put OEM in and they are dull compared to what I use, but that's it.

#1381 1 year ago

So maybe mentioned prior, but worth a repost.....

Doing my usual Titan rubber replacement last night and noticed a few of the posts on some plastics are attached with screws facing down. Believe there might have even been a spacer that was attached w screw on top and bottom.

I put a dab of blue loctite on every downfacing screw...a little peace of mind as things tend to loosen over time.

An ounce of prevention...hopefully mitigates the " where did that tiny screw come from", or "my mech is jammed w a damn screw"....

Upside down hardware makes me nervous....fwiw

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why? There’s plenty of power available if you know what you are doing and don’t go crazy. I’ve never ever had a power issue with a spike game, or any game really.

Haven’t experienced this. What have you tried to power and had an issue?

Whoa...definitely w Wolfmarsh and PinMonk on this one. A couple of blinky, 3D toys is one thing, but I've seen power sag and game resets on many games from underglow or any LED strings of substance. ColorDMD pulls it's share too. CFTBL was notoriously "on the edge" as was TZ and others.

Seperate power for the mods = happy game....

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I Think maybe we need a separate thread on this. It’s an interesting issue for sure. Let’s keep it to AIQ here. Sorry for the diversion.

Agreed....it's been discussed elsewhere....apologies....Avengers Assemble!!! having a blast playing this thing!!

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay finished temp testing on Avengers Pro. I would rank it only as mild fade (more occasional bricked shots, missed shots once ~135 degrees is reached) after a solid hour of play. It takes a LOT longer than TMNT to even get into the 130s (over 45 minutes of solid play) and once it's there, it hovers around 132-135 degrees. The longest session I tested was 60 minutes and it was only beginning to feel the very slightest bit fade-y at the end. I would put this in the mild class.
So, thus far flipper coil temp testing reveals these coil fade ratings:
None - Star Wars
Mild - Avengers (135 peak temp after 60 minutes of play)
Moderate - TMNT, Iron Maiden, TNA
Severe - Stranger Things (>157 degrees after 45 minutes of play)

Great info!!!!

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

If such a thread exists or is going to be created based on this conversation, I would love a link, especially if there are beginner-friendly specifics!
I’m new to both pinball ownership and electronics/modding (first pin purchased in May of this year, and we’ll be at 6 before the year is out...we’ve been bitten by the bug!), and any details of how to plug things in, where best to get power, what the names of connectors are that are needed to tap in (to sources available in the backbox, for example), how to know where/when to tap into an empty connector somewhere (like on the node board adjacent to the coin door) instead of via alligator clips or soldering onto an existing connection, etc would be very interesting and exceedingly helpful and beneficial!
Thus far, I’ve purchased (and haven’t had any issues with, and absolutely adore) a bunch of mods for each of our games from most of you lovely modder folks in this thread, and am very interested in understanding things at a deeper level to be able to better assess situations per pin, like when I’m pushing things too far, or hell, how to properly and safely/reliably wire up a homemade mod or topper for myself with some greater confidence!

It has surfaced in the past, just not sure a dedicated thread exists (you can probably search "power issues" as a start). I have to shift to work mode, but suffice to say - there are a few on here that work hard on bettering the games performance aspects (PinMonk an example in this thread), and the power equation absolutely applies to pinball electronics.

Relevance in this thread = There's always a disclaimer in voiding a machine's warranty when anything is added mod wise. Blowing a fuse in an old game is one thing - blowing a node board in a new one is different story. Enjoy the toys (I do), but always proceed w caution and care.

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My basement is full. Didn’t say the house is full. In fact, likely going to get Guns ‘N Roses and will put on first floor. Never can we stop right?

Ut oh....you've broken the multiple floor rule!! All hope is gone... goodbye dining room table..

#1848 1 year ago

So am I the first to notice or didn't catch the post:

Updated to .92 fine...always watch out of curiousity (and fear) for anything odd that may appear after update. To my surprise (just saw it tonight) when the game boots up it displays "Avengers Infinity Quest LE #374". Has this always been the case on newer games (my last NIB was MunstersLE)? It "knows " my machine #? The game is actually # 375 on the plaque, etc.

I'm not drinking...yet....but I've never seen this before. Guess I'll go through the menu as maybe you can change it, but what a wild thing it's so close!!!

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I hadn't noticed that but I just turned mine on to check it out. Mine showed the same number as my plaque.

What the....!!!!

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I knew my game was special...[quoted image]

Does your game boot up as 374?....I am drinking now ( it's Friday)...this is a shocking discovery!!!

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I could see where this could happen if the code starts from 0 instead of 1. Sounds like a software mistake.

Would it be corrected w next update, or put in the bug report thread?

Maybe reload the code? I've never had a game that showed the LE# on the screen, so caught me off guard...

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have an extra chrome moulding I can try if people want to see it.
However, I won't have my le until end of the week likely.

Think the chrome would look outstanding on the LE (the yellow armor really has a nice sparkle flake in it plus the mirrored backglass as J85M mentioned)...please post pics if you try it....

#1944 1 year ago

Put a couple hours on the game last night....absolutely a blast to play!!! Still sorting the rules out in my head (and average player at best) so this will provide fun and head scratching at the same time.

Think they did an outstanding job w the art/ light package.......so much to do in this game!!!!

#2071 1 year ago

Referencing my post from Friday regarding my "1 # off" issue in my LE. Got an e-mail from Eddie @ Stern repair, referenced part #509-1003-01 (node board), and sending me a reprogrammed one to correct the problem.

NEXT BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE!!!! Man, anybody that rags on Stern has lost their mind.....

This minor ocd thing doesn't affect my ability to play at all, and had a massive great game (around 400 million) tonight...very good for me, not reading any rules yet. It really is a great shooter, and getting more fun by the day......

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Replaced the black T-molding with chrome...I like it much better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think chrome or yellow definitely a step up.....I'd go yellow, but my XMen magneto right next to it has chrome....this is a toughy for me....(ordered both)

Happy to say my LE has played flawless out of the box, and build quality if fine. They did mix my LE# up, but already taking care of that. Playfield is excellent...the thing I care about most.

#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fair enough, but it didn’t seem that way from your comments about GNR. I have nothing against GNR, just think owners club threads should stay on topic.
Bond (you got the B right, lol)

I think J85M's comments actually just addressed best of luck on his alternate choice, not making it about G&R

Common knowledge that ALL machines have problems of sorts, regardless of who made them. Stating one brand over another in QC is just not the case . People like to cancel games for all sorts of reasons and blame whatever...

Back on topic....a great game and thrilled to have one to enjoy!!

#2351 1 year ago

So in the yellow club...J85M was spot on...my XMen Magneto didn't mind ( chrome just didn't work for me but gave it a shot too)....

IMG_20201101_083758573 (resized).jpg
#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

where did you get that topper for xmen?

Sorry...just saw this.....

https://tilttopper.com/shop/ols/products/x-men-pinball-topper

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just received vireland 's Tibetan Flipper Coil cooling kit and installed it on my AIQ Premium. Played last night for 2 hours and there was zero flipper fade. Super easy to install and works perfectly. Highly recommend.

Finally getting good enough at the game for longer ball times and ordered a set tonight (along w the cool Dr. Strange Mystic bezel mod). Great, well thought out mods....

3 weeks later
#3216 1 year ago

I hope Avengers assemble for me today.....family decending on my house for the weekend, and my Son in Law, casually walked up to the machine and destroyed my hi score (I'm still living in the 150 million range as my high).

He can't do this to me over the holidays!!!!!! Any quick ideas/ tips to bolster my score besides "play better" appreciated. I filed a formal complaint (to me of course) as he snuck out without me noticing prior. I must not let this happen again!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

( Meant 150 million)...fixed

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I was going to start with “play better” but..
- loosen up your tilt bob
- work on your forward and side nudges - Jack Danger is a pro at it - some might say he’s a bit excessive . Check out his streams on YouTube or twitch - Nudges are critical for this game that drains so much to the exit lanes
- focus on just making shots and don’t worry about the rule sets at this point
- Thor MB is your friend. Easy to start and you should be able to get a couple Mil
- try the Battle Royale mode to force you to practice your shot making (hold both flippers while in attract mode and select it - it’s tough and may be a bit frustrating for you, but it’s an easy way to practice)
- bang pots and pans together randomly while your son-in-law is playing
Let us know how it goes...

Huge thanks!!! Meant 150m, not 1.5...(fixed). I like the pots and pans thing.

Yes, the rules still confuse me, and I'm a horrible nudger ( most unforgiving outlanes in any of my machines).

Definitely hitting the Battle Royale mode...ut oh...they are pulling in now...

I shall not go down without a fight ( pulling the power cord if necessary)..

#3222 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

take the glass off when everyone goes to bed

Quoted from Sluggo39:

Set the game to $5 a play at least you can send him home broke

2 amazing ideas!!!

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

That makes a big difference, sorry for all of the basic advice....

No worries...all advice is good advice for me ( average player at best)

Quoted from Potatoloco:

Quick and dirty to get to 150 million
- Get 1-2 (preferably 2) portal locks.
- Play Time Gem Quest (and finish mode)
- Hit left ramp, right ramp, then targets (repeat this sequence for the mode)
- Hit targets often, this will bring in lots of timed modes (super targets, disc, hulk rampage, etc)
- Stack Thor or Iron Man MB for extra ball save and scoring if you want
You’ll be somewhere in the ballpark if this is all executed decent enough.

Great stuff...Thor and IM mb have been my friends...can hit the shots, but never in the proper order, so I think the timed modes is what gets me . 1st target on left bank is usually a death blow for me, as the back and forth finds the drain often...super fun game.

Just finished eating formalities, and stage set for tonight...he's going down!!!

#3248 1 year ago

Finally crossed 230m last night (got my Son-in- Law off the top for now).....getting there. Lots to think about on this one...a great shooter!!!!

Doubt I'll ever live in the Billion club, but thrilled I'm starting to "get it"!!

3 weeks later
#3875 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not just you - I noticed the same thing!

Me too!! Dare I say it....the " many added topper effects" statement is legit. Definitely more interactive now and a definite eye catcher...

3 weeks later
#4382 10 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just bumping my question of what pitch this game should be at. Im at 6.5 and am frustrated by the sdtm drains from pops. Wondering if I can rectify that

Still living @ 6.75 w mine and plays great. I really enjoy the change this brings in my lineup......walk away with a smile even though the game is a massive task to conquer. A game I like alot more than I thought I would initially.....

#4383 10 months ago

While I'm in this thread, the only thing that has baffled me from a mechanical standpoint is why didn't they put a post in front of the top left flipper? Gets a bit annoying always smacking it, as I'm sure it will wear that flipper rubber down quicker than usual.

I've scratched my head, and see no fix without drilling the playfield (not gonna happen for me) or maybe finding a way to modify the wireform directly above it to secure a post (?).

Seems like a hefty endeavor...just curious if anyone else has thought about it. All of my other games w upper flippers seem to be guarded from direct ball strikes from the lower flippers (maybe there are other machines that have this same exposed config.?).

Just makes me wonder....can't imagine a post there impeding gameplay at all.....

#4391 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

On one of the first reveal streams on Dead Flip it was asked why there isn't a post there like on Jurassic Park and I'm pretty sure I remember correctly that Raymond Davidson responded "designer's choice". No real explanation though.

Thanks, as I didn't watch the stream. Can't imagine it was a cost issue, and would be interesting to understand how/if it would alter gameplay. Possibly an odd bounce/deflection, but would guess that happens anyway when you hit the edge of the flipper.

Inquiring minds, I guess.....still really, really like shooting this one....

1 week later
#4716 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had this issue on first game where portal disc was in the up position. Went into diagnostic test and lowered it, started a new game and it’s now fine. I have an LE.

Ditto for me. 2nd game forward has been behaving, LE owner....first take - lightshow is getting off the charts!!! Will get some time on it this weekend.....hooray!!! great, great game!!

3 weeks later
#5412 9 months ago

Saw a bunch of posts and figured there might be some cool glove mod or something.......game kicks ass, and I still really, really enjoy playing it. Guess I missed all the "justified hate" stuff.

Crazy......

1 week later
#5726 8 months ago

Broke into the 400million club last night....4 gems, and a freaking blast!!!! Swear the thing looked like an amusement park when hitting multiple ramps.

Such a fun game!!!! (PinMonk's fan kits didn't seem to help my wrists however, lol...they got a workout.. )

2 weeks later
#6254 8 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Having issues with my new topper. Didn’t come with instructions. [quoted image]

Congrats and good luck!!! ( they don't really have a rulesheet or schematic)

#6329 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm not much of a mod guy, but I installed RGB flipper buttons on this one. Just seems right. I have it set to fade through all the gem colors on the flipper buttons and it just pops.

Where did you get rgb flipper buttons? Been using Bright Mods forever as they look great, but no RGB...thx

#6338 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Cointaker. I normally like a diy approach but really liked how there's completely light the button by encircling it with their custom kit. I'm using the medium speed fade mode.

Great news and thanks!! That's why I changed all mine to Britebuttons because it really lit the button well w circular pattern. Will definitely check these out...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside