IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4071 3 years ago

I'm going to put in a pre-order for a premium in March. (This will add to my Marvel Pinball Universe - GOTG, SM, Avengers Hulk, X-Men Magneto, Deadpool LE.) I have not been able to read the entire forum postings, does anyone know if some of the issues, like subway welds or the left plastic added to the left side of the vertical ramp to stop the ball from hitting the metal and bouncing down will be fixed or improved?

Based on some of the recent posts, it looks like the mezel mods for the avengers tower and sanctum building are good mods to get.

I'll probably buy a Stern topper and game blades. Is the Stern plunger worth getting? Is the shaker worth getting?

I usually buy Cliffy protectors for all my games so probably need to do so on this game as well. It would be great to get a NIB game and not have to take the game apart immediately to protect it and especially not to fix it.

I wish if I ordered Stern stuff (shaker, game blades, new side armor), they would put it on at the factory, then it would be worth it.

I usually overdo it on mods. On this game I am trying to get the bare minimum if possible.

2 weeks later
#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I posted this before but adding this little piece of plex has improved my Captain Marvel shot SO MUCH that i now find myself chaining Black Widow to Captain Marvel on a loop until i get some portal locks going.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Since I don't have the material or the means to make this little piece of plex, is it something that some one is or will be selling?

My order is in for a AIQ Premium with CoinTaker in March hopefully.

I have pre-ordered (actually backordered) the Stern topper, Stern Plunger, Stern blades. I have the Stern shaker.

I ordered the Cliffy protectors.

I have received the Tower mod, sanctum mod, and sling protectors from Mezel mods.

Are there any other protectors or suggested mods to protect/enhance the game? (I have read through all 89 pages and may have missed something.)

I am hoping the new games will have whatever weld problem there is on the walk through subway mechanism fixed.

Thanks
Michael

2 weeks later
#4931 3 years ago

I just got invoiced for my AIQ Premium. It should be shipped directly next week. I already have the Sanctum mod, Tower mod, Cliffy protectors, 3D apron cards from @youbentmywookie, and shaker motor. I am waiting for the Stern topper, stern plunger rod, and Stern game blades. Hopefully that is all I will need. I will also buy a pinnovators subwoofer kit.

Hopefully this run will have any issues resolved such as the subway lock mechanism.

#5044 3 years ago

My game is supposed to ship from Stern on Friday. I contacted technical support to ask about the subway mechanism and the ball guides and needing to add the Cliffy protector or washers to protect the playfield.

I was told according to the production team, all premiums built will have all the latest updates. They said that spacers have been added to the rails and the subway lock assembly has been updated.

I still have several hours of work to do before I'll play the first game. My topper, game blades, and shooter rod are on back order until the end of March.

#5071 3 years ago

I don’t have my game yet and just looking at photos. I looked at the manual. There are not a lot of rubbers. But it looks like the upper flipper takes a beating.

So if I were to replace all the rubbers with superbands, I assume blue would be the best color? What colors have you used?

#5197 3 years ago

I purchased some items and received and was charged for duplicate items. I have an extra Stern Avengers Game Blade I paid $80. If anyone in the Purcellville, VA area needs one, you can get it locally. Otherwise, I will deal with returning it. Thanks.

#5245 3 years ago

AiQ is in the basement. Thankfully arrived before the forecasted 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow here in Northern Virginia.

The nut was at the bottom of the box. Will need to figure out where that goes. (Just an extra nut that fits to bolts in coin door attachment and side trim.)

Now to complete the set, I just need an Iron Man.

6D0300DD-8BA9-4548-884C-411D6481E941 (resized).jpeg6D0300DD-8BA9-4548-884C-411D6481E941 (resized).jpegB3840B2A-71D6-46DE-BFA1-79F642DE26C0 (resized).jpegB3840B2A-71D6-46DE-BFA1-79F642DE26C0 (resized).jpeg

#5246 3 years ago

Now that the game is in the house, I’m trying to find the places where washers or Cliffy protectors are needed.

Cliff shows a protector at the right with mystery light. I can’t tell where the other washers should go so I photographed all the areas that look like it can cause problems.

I was told by Stern the issues with the lane guides digging into the playfield should be solved. Does it look like they have? I don’t know what I am looking for.

Build date on this game is February 8, 2021.

The glass was very hard to take out. Maybe it was just still cold. But it felt thicker like HD glass (wishful thinking).

08E04FED-7592-48E2-9952-3571AE367D6B (resized).jpeg08E04FED-7592-48E2-9952-3571AE367D6B (resized).jpeg82C52DB2-7F76-42C5-BD52-C2E775FAC21A (resized).jpeg82C52DB2-7F76-42C5-BD52-C2E775FAC21A (resized).jpeg89E5FD76-F55B-4846-A544-3BFE9DAEB1F0 (resized).jpeg89E5FD76-F55B-4846-A544-3BFE9DAEB1F0 (resized).jpegCC092485-74B4-4D49-841F-9E694DF99874 (resized).jpegCC092485-74B4-4D49-841F-9E694DF99874 (resized).jpegF188A519-A61D-4B68-BC0B-AC4B1B946613 (resized).jpegF188A519-A61D-4B68-BC0B-AC4B1B946613 (resized).jpeg

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Congrats on your new game! Your AntMan guide looks better than mine was. You're really just looking for areas in which that guide could have been tightened down so that the guide itself is digging down into the clearcoat.
I also suggest making sure your Dr Strange disc post is screwed tightly, and each of your wire ramps are connected nice and tight.
Have fun with it!

Thanks. It looks like most guides are 1/16” above the playfield. If so, do I still need to add washers or Cliffy protectors?

I also learned something new on these games. I went into switch test and nothing. So I checked all the connectors and such (which I should have done first anyway). Everything is fine. So I pressed in the high power button and the switches worked. Strange that they are on that circuit. But I guess my Deadpool le didn’t have the cutoff when the door opened.

#5253 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I personally wouldn't take things apart until/unless it was necessary. When I installed my cliffy under Ant Man I was a nervous wreck. Maybe you're more experienced and confident than I am though. I also did the lane protector which some people consider mandatory. I have a protector for the drops as well but I'm waiting for something to happen before messing around with that. My drops on Deadpool were very very finicky so I'm gun shy.

I just installed the outlane Cliffy protector and the left and right plunger lane protectors.

I may try to get the Antman Cliffy protector under the lane guide and take off the upper plastic to loosen the post to slide the Cliffy under.

I will change out the 3 flipper rubbers with blue super bands. I have the rest of the super bands, but I think those will wait until I need to add them.

I also have Deadpool LE and decided not to add the 3 bank drop targets there either so I will not install yet on AIQ. I will wait on the flat entrance to the hole on the right and see if it needs it.

I did buy the plastic protectors for the slings and lane guides and will add those as well. I have the Tower Mezel Mod and the Sanctum Mezel Mod to add. Finally I have the game blades. That will take me the rest of the night into tomorrow.

My goal is not to take apart the game. I dislike doing this, especially on a brand new game.

My topper and shooter rod are back ordered until March so I can worry about that later.

#5254 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Why are there two T-nuts with nothing connected to them at the back of the game? Is this a future mod or something that was left off?

For what it's worth, the bottom inside of the cabinet where the coin box goes and around the speaker have sneaker prints on it. I have never had this in any game I have ever owned.

IMG_9106 (resized).jpegIMG_9106 (resized).jpeg
#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hoping to join the club very soon. Kind of scared to pull the trigger. It would be my first NIB game. This game looks great too. Love the theme and the flow looks amazing. I have wanted a newer stern for a few years (Since Spidey and Iron man) The first modern Stern I got to play was Avatar. Hadn’t played a pinball machine since I was a kid before that.
I’m torn between a few right now. Really thought my first stern would be Star Trek Premium, and I don’t even care for that theme. The shots and call outs are awesome though, as I got the chance to play one last year. I am a huge marvel fan though, and am 99.9% sure this pin will be the one. Although Deadpool looks cool. No no, I want this one.
Reading through a lot of posts in here, has got me thinking dang...I wish all these protectors were already installed. I never paid attention to games on location. I guess because they weren’t mine. I thought newer games would have that kind of stuff already though. Reality check. Hehe.
I guess if I’m going to order this machine, I need to go search for where you guys getting all them protectors. One way to look at it...it’s like with anything else...like when we buy a phone we immediately have to drop another 50-100 in protection before we even get it in our pocket. Haha. Wish me luck guys.
Anybody have regrets buying this one? Be honest it’s a big decision for me.

As you probably have seen, I just got mine but have been collecting parts for a few months in anticipation.

I read through all the posts and decided to buy

Mezel Mods
* Sanctum mod
* Tower Mod
* Blue inlane and sling protectors

passionforpinball.com (Cliffy protectors)
* The entire protection set although I will probably not put in the 3 bank protector or the scoop hole protector on the right until I need to.

I will attempt the Antman protector which appears to be loosening two posts under a plastic to protect the playfield.
Stern stated that they addressed all the playfield issues with the lane guides so hopefully this is just insurance for me.

Marcospec.com
* Blue super band flipper rubbers and other blue rubbers but I may wait to take apart the game for the other rubbers (I have installed the 3 flipper rubbers - I put them in boiling hot water to make them easier to put on the flippers).

Stern parts (if desired)
* Game blades
* Topper
* Shooter rod
* Shaker motor

CM Ramp Mod for the left side
* tdiddy prints a ramp mod, look at the posts or find his posts. Others have also made lexan and other various mods.

Based on some posts and the brutal outlines, I will try the game with the rubber removed between the inlane/outlanes. (If I am not happy I can simply add the rubber back.)

I'm sure I am missing some stuff but here is a start.

#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Woah! I’m blown away. I thought I’d just unbox and play for years to come. Occasional wax and maintenance. I thought 30 year old games hold up well enough, surely by now the newest game we can buy from Stern won’t need much. Again.. wake up call for me... Haha.
It’s all about taking care of our passion though! So I’m in on the protection at least. The aesthetic upgrades may have to wait.

Yes. It is silly that I have to do all this to a brand new game. I would love to buy a game that works 100% with all protection ready to play. I have only done that once on my Gotg. Bought from a friend that did all the initial work. But he tightened up the orb too much snd it didn’t close so still had to adjust

Hopefully I’ll be playing it tonight.

#5275 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My Premium is on a truck somewhere between Chicago and Denver, this winter weather has delayed it. Not sure I’ll see it this week I think my Houdini is on the same truck. Never received 2 NIB at once before!

I have been watching the news and seeing all the overturned trucks and Jack knifed trucks. I was thinking 1. I hope the driver is safe and 2. I hope my pinball is not on that truck.

#5304 3 years ago

By adding the lane protectors and sling protectors, I had to take off the ramps. While the ramps were off, I replaced all rubbers at the lower 3/4 of the playfield with blue super bands. I added the Antman, trough, and plunger lane Cliffy protectors. I may add the other two later. With the ramp to the left flipper off, it was easier to replace the Sanctum and Tower mods with the Mezel Mods. The Stern game blades look great and are thicker than the other company's blades.

AIQ is lined up next to my other 5 Marvel themed games. Part of me wants Iron Man to complete the set. The other part would rather have a different game.

Thanks for everyone's help while i was waiting for the game and starting working on it. It only took less than two evenings to get it ready to play. Now I can learn the rules.

IMG_9196 (resized).jpegIMG_9196 (resized).jpegIMG_9185 (resized).jpegIMG_9185 (resized).jpegIMG_9187 (resized).jpegIMG_9187 (resized).jpegIMG_9188 (resized).jpegIMG_9188 (resized).jpegIMG_9191 (resized).jpegIMG_9191 (resized).jpeg

#5309 3 years ago

I moved my game into position. It was not level right to left and the pitch changed to 6.2.

I changed it to 6.7 and leveled the game. Before when the ball came out of the lock tower it did not roll down the left side hugging the lane guide and flipper so using the upper flipper was impossible. So leveling made a big difference.

The manual plunger is not always getting the ball up the back left ramp. I assume it should every time with a full plunge. I am wondering if I need a smaller barrel spring on the outside of the plunger or a longer rod to get the end of the rod closer to the ball to hit squarely. In the picture below is this about normal? With the pitch at 6.7 it seems to go up the back ramp more but I also see where it bounces and loses momentum as it comes off the plunger ramp to the curve.

Slight update: when moved into position it was reporting 6.2 pitch so I adjusted to 7.7 and the plunger actually works better.

I replaced the two 3/16” rubbers at the lower end of the right loop with a 5/16” super band rubber. (All I had). Obviously I knew it would change things. It ended up bouncing the ball to the left sling, drop targets or in/out lanes. I put the two 3/16” original rubbers back and thought it would cause the ball to roll straight to the right flipper. But they do stick out a bit with original but normally bounce to the left flipper. I assuming this is “normal” flow?

Timing the upper flipper with the lock release is hard. I assume with practice I’ll get better.

ACC73F48-0964-49EF-937F-EA7C4B433905 (resized).jpegACC73F48-0964-49EF-937F-EA7C4B433905 (resized).jpeg

Added over 3 years ago:

about should be 6.7 not 7.7

#5364 3 years ago

My game was built on Feb 8, 2021 as well and although Stern said new games would have the fixes to the rails there was nothing obvious on my game. My Antman guide was close to the playfield so I added the Cliffy protector.

the other location people talk about is the Thor guide. I assume you all mean the guides to the left and right of the Newton ball? The left side of the newton ball is actually the right side of the CM ramp.

Which ball guide am I looking at? Does anyone have a photo of where they added the washers to?

Thanks!

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Page 16 of the image gallery for this thread you can see the damage the guide does, the washers would be under the posts for the guide I presume.

Thank you! I see it. I saw it weeks ago but couldn't remember where and I did not have the game yet for context.

I did a quick fix to see if this will solve the problem long term. I removed the nut under the playfield. I have nylon washers. I cut a small gap in the washer and squeezed it in and then turned it so the gap was inside the captive ball path and the front and back of the guide are resting on the nylon washer. I then tightened the nut under the playfield so that the guide is snuggly resting and holding the nylon washer in place.
IMG_9205 (resized).jpegIMG_9205 (resized).jpegIMG_9208 (resized).jpegIMG_9208 (resized).jpegIMG_9209 (resized).jpegIMG_9209 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5625 3 years ago

I have had the game for two weeks. Like others, I am still trying to learn the rules besides the basics. But one thing that was driving me crazy was that almost every time the ball went to the outlane, it was lost. I tried to remove the rubber between the lanes. It did not seem to help. I changed my slings power to 11.

Today I bought a bunch of 5/16" rubber washers/pads/whatever they are called and placed it below a star post. The original machine screw through the hole was a #10, but changed it to a #8-32 machine screw to fit through the start post. I had a 2" machine screw that was a tad bit too small. #8-32 x 2 1/8" or #8-32 x 2 1/4" would be better but my local hardware store only had #8-32 x 2 1/2". It sticks out a little lower but does not interfere with anything. The bottom has a #8 washer and #8 lock nut. I used a 7/16" blue super band rather than a 5/16" which did not seem to make the space any smaller.

It is so nice not to lose almost every ball down the side. I still lose balls if they are a direct shot out, but many bounce and I have a fighting chance. I may test removing the rubber on the post between the in and out lanes.

I still need to play better but I am not as frustrated. For me, this will make my game more enjoyable.

IMG_9239 (resized).jpegIMG_9239 (resized).jpegIMG_9240 (resized).jpegIMG_9240 (resized).jpegIMG_9242 (resized).jpegIMG_9242 (resized).jpeg

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I concentrated on certain things, like always doing the same gem quests to figure out what was going on with how to win them and use them and then refer back to the rules and slowly it all comes together!

Great idea! Thanks. I have no clue what I am doing or what I am supposed to do. I keep hitting the lit shots and I still never collect a gem very often. So this will help. Plus I need to do some more reading.

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Forgive my ignorance here, but I don't have my game yet. Just trying to read up on things before I get it.
What post was there before the star post? Was it a skinny post with small rubber ring? And what is the rubber washer under the star post for? Is this just a preventative measure given the pooling/chipping issues?

Hi! Yes, before it was just the skinny metal post with the small rubber and the #10 machine screw into the wood.

The rubber washer is something I have never done before when adding a star post since I just assume it is standard that it touches the playfield. But with the newer play fields seeming to get issues with the slightest rubbing of anything against it, it was a 23 cent insurance policy that does not take away or add anything to the cosmetics and would not have been noticed if I did not point it out.

For me, the ball hit the metal on the left and dead dropped into the outlane. It never bounced. Same on the right side, it would hit the right metal wire guide and drop into the outlane.

#5632 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So instead of adding super sized outline posts, I put the game on 5 ball last night, complete game changer for me, changed it from the best game I’ve ever owned to the absolute best game I’ve ever owned
Ironically I didn’t beat my GC (3ball) score but that was just one of those games where everything goes right.

My games are always on 5 balls. (Unless I have parties and set them to 3 balls so that they don't sit stranded in the middle of the game.) I guess I grew up in the 1970s when you paid a dime and then a quarter for 5 balls. Anything less to me is not pinball, but a way to get more money at the arcade.

With 3 balls or 5 balls, to me since everything we all say is subjective, with this game it was the same. I can have a great game going but if the ball gets near the sides, it was a 99% chance of going into the outline.

But the great thing is these posts are not permanent and in 5 minutes I can change them back.

I will probably remove the rubber between the in and out lanes. Before I added the super-sized posts, I had the center rubber off. The ball would roll out of the upper flipper loop perfectly into the left inlane. Now, with the small rubber, it bounces out when it touches the center rubber. Again, a simple tweak to enjoy my game better since I will try the game with it removed again.

I'm also thinking of adjusting the top flipper. If I don't flip, it will go right down the middle with the slightest chance of getting the right flipper to touch the ball if it is flipped at the exact right time. So in multiball, balls from the lock will go down the middle since I am not watching that area usually at that moment.

The great thing is I will never be good enough to be in a tournament so playing 3 or 5 balls will never matter. I will never post my high scores on pinside since I play 5 balls and am not really that great anyway.

I think I have as much enjoyment tweaking the game and modifying them as I do playing them.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Crank sling power settings to 30 and it solves the very frustrating cheap drain issues. At greater power when the ball hits the slings, they bounce higher than the outlane entrances and keeps the ball in play. Factory power is set at 25 which is just right for the balls to have the cheap drain ricochets to the outlanes. So frustrating! Tried lower settings and all that does is ricochet the ball straight from the slings more slowly arching right into the outlane drains. Sling power set at 30 and now no cheap drains. Problem solved and AIQ now shoots like a dream machine!

I actually changed them to the Max and they seem to go above the outlane area. I can try lowering them a bit.

I don’t mind the ball going out if is going that direction. But the slings slowly doing the sideways death March was not good. So stronger is better.

Thanks.

#5882 3 years ago

I finally printed out the 25 page Stern rule sheet. (It sure looks colorful.)

Since Mind Stone Quest is the first Quest described, I am trying to play this quest first to understand it. Thankfully I am no longer flailing and understand what I have to do and have succeeded a few times.

In a few days, I will choose the next one to learn and so on.

It will take me longer to understand how to play them in the best order and achieve other goals to be more powerful or have more capabilities.

It would be nice if Stern could add the ability to play one of the 6 stone quests as part of the menu selection where you can play the DJ Mixer or Battle Royale. It would be a great training and learning experience.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's my understanding that the Prem is meant to catch that rubber to send it towards the left flipper, the Pro is meant to miss the rubber allowing it to continue to the right flipper. Not sure of the reasoning behind this, but it has come direct from Stern.
FWIW on my Pro it comes down and triggers the right slingshot every time.

A few pages back I showed this. While replacing my rubbers on my Premium with blue super bands, I did not have any 3/16" blue rubbers, so I tried 5/16" blue rubbers. This sent the ball mostly into the left lower drop target or towards the left outlane. Not very good.

I replaced the original 3/16" rubbers which nicely guides the ball to the left flipper just below the center of the flipper.

2 weeks later
#6363 3 years ago

I know that others have posted about the end credits, which I think are pretty nice. But this is at the end of the credits and thought this was also really nice of them to do. Chas was always available and helpful every time I called.

CB459B98-46AF-433C-8DBB-02EA09685031_1_105_c (resized).jpegCB459B98-46AF-433C-8DBB-02EA09685031_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Nice! Where are the end credits, I haven't seen that yet!

Just keep the game in attract mode and the “stars” of the show will show up with their photos and names, then the names of the people will show up like the end credits with Chas showing at the end.

I was working on my Hulk Avengers so noticed this while AIQ was in attract mode.

1 week later
#6435 3 years ago

Others I believe have mentioned this potential issue. I finally had two balls locked in the portal. (I am lucky if I can just get one.) When the portal opened for a gem quest, the game was confused and did nothing until a ball search and then kicked out the balls.

I think others have mentioned that the ball will go past opto 47 and trigger it correctly so in most cases, the game is fine. But if a ball stops at switch 47, it is resting such that it is past the opto and not registering that the ball is there and is lost.

The above video has a ball in the rightmost subway area (switch 47) after it has rolled past the opto. I then turn on high power and would expect the screen to show switch 47 closed. But it can't since the ball is not blocking the opto.

I sent this video to Pablo at Stern Tech Support. Did I explain this correctly? (in the video, I say I turn off the lock but meant I turn off the high power. I also say the game locks up, I meant the game stops until a ball search.)

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yup, this is a common issue with this game. I have it. Pablo is aware of it and he will send you a new mech.
I am waiting for mine, however, I do not know if the new mech is going to solve the issue....

Thanks. So I assume that the metal tooth that keeps the ball in the switch 47 area is simply not aligned correctly or shaped correctly to ensure that the ball is blocking the opto path for switch 47.

I would rather not try to jerry-rig it to get it to work as others have said since it is a new game and it should work out of the box. Thanks!

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Have you physically looked at the teeth positioning? You can look down trough the portal windows or inside the Antman VUK.
There is a bit of "wiggle room" in aligning the mechanism with the plastic portion of the subway. If one tooth is getting hung up you may be able to adjust the positioning to prevent this from happening. Not saying this is guaranteed to fix the issue - but worth investigating.
The mechanism and subway are pretty easy to remove or adjust from under the playfield.

Thanks. I looked. I did not take a photo but can do so later or tomorrow. Looking from underneath from the right side, the last tooth (furthest to the right) was not aligned in the same direction as the others. I will need to look at it to understand it and see how adjusting the ramp or mech can help. Thanks!

#6481 3 years ago

This post explains why the games goes into ball search when two balls are locked in the portal lock. (Basically the rightmost finger is too low as shown below so the ball rests past switch 47 and “lost”.)

Others may have posted similar photos. Here is what I found with my subway. I have reported this same information to Pablo at Stern Support.

I believe the solution would be a spacer strategically placed that would stop the bottom bar from moving from center and allowing the finger to slide between the bar and the body of the mech. I am just trying to figure out the best way to do it. But would prefer a real solution that can be shared from Stern. What if the white plastic rod that attaches to the coil plunger was extended another inch towards the Ant VUK? This may give the rightmost finger the stability it is lacking that would stop it from moving back towards the white plastic bar and allowing the finger to fall between the metal bar and the front of the mech.

I took the subway mech out and I see the issue. There is too much slack of space on the right most finger and the finger falls below the metal that it is supposed to be resting on.

I lifted it back up and it works nicely for a few times and then gets wedged in between the front of the mechanism and the metal bar that the finger should be resting on.

The first photo shows the rightmost finger all the way down. As shown in the next photo, you can see the reason, the finger gets wedged in between the front outside and the bar.

The second photo shows that there is too much space between the front of the mechanism and the bar that the finger is supposed to rest on. So the finger actually goes below the bar and is wedged between the front of the mech and the bar. You can see the semi circle of the finger in the hole below the yellow/orange/green wires.

The third photo shows I can lift up the finger so it is in a good position. But after a few manual pulls of the coil, the finger will get lodged between the front mechanism body and the bar that it should be resting on top of and look like photo 1.

In the fourth photo, you can see how much excess room there is between the mechanism and the bar where the finger gets lodged in the right most hole. If you look at the middle hole, there is much less clearance for the finger to get lodged.

IMG_9899 (resized).jpegIMG_9899 (resized).jpegIMG_9900 (resized).jpegIMG_9900 (resized).jpegIMG_9901 (resized).jpegIMG_9901 (resized).jpegIMG_9902 (resized).jpegIMG_9902 (resized).jpeg

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone noticed that locking two balls in the subway results in a ball search and unnecessary multi-ball in the new code? It could be a switch issue but I've seen it on two machines now.

It’s the exact issue I documented a few posts back with the rightmost finger getting stuck between the bar and the mech side. See my photos above and similar description about 30 posts or so back.

Because the rightmost finger is too low, the ball rolls past switch 47 and is “lost” and causes this issue.

The solution needs to be for stern or someone to figure out a way to keep the finger centered and not slide down between the bar and mech side.

The second photo shows the finger slid between the metal bar and side of mech. The first photo is what it should look like.
79D4CEFF-EFBE-4D30-AA7E-D481C1E97330 (resized).jpeg79D4CEFF-EFBE-4D30-AA7E-D481C1E97330 (resized).jpeg7D8E4F86-323B-4198-8138-6855A61AA53B (resized).jpeg7D8E4F86-323B-4198-8138-6855A61AA53B (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6657 3 years ago

Pablo at Stern Tech Support sent me a new Walk-lock subway assembly to fix up the issue when two balls are in the portal lock and the rightmost finger is not in the correct position so the ball is not closing switch 47.

The first 4 photos are the new assembly. The photo with the new one on top and the old one on the bottom shows how much slack there is in the old one that the rightmost finger can get jammed between the rod the moves the fingers and the side of the assembly.

The next photo shows a close up of the old assembly with the finger jammed as described above. You can see the semi-circle of the finger in the rightmost semi circle opening.

The last two pictures are the new one.

The differences I can see are
1. The welds are much cleaner on the new one and are mostly flush with the assembly.
2. There is no play on the new assembly to force the rightmost finger to get jammed as it does on the old assembly.

Thanks to Pablo for sending. I will send back the old one and hopefully the new one will work with no issues. It was super easy to replace.

IMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0062 (resized).jpegIMG_0062 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0064 (resized).jpegIMG_0064 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpegIMG_0075 (resized).jpegIMG_0075 (resized).jpeg

#6664 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm having the exact same problem, there is so much slop in the mech my individual fingers are getting jammed beside the actuator bar.
I was going to reach out to my distributor today about it, but in the meantime I printed a bracket that is held in place by the coil that seems to be doing the trick. [quoted image]

That is a really nice solution. A few pages back I noted that there had to be a way to firm up that rod. But I don’t have a 3d printer nor the time to learn. Although it is great to see what everyone is doing with 3D printers.

If you get a new assembly they’ll provide a return label to return the original. Installation was easy. Just remove 3 11/32nd nuts and replace snd ensure fingers lined up in correct notches.

#6679 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

do you have a part number of the updated version? Then I can ask my distributor...

EF8B19DE-FA77-4CCF-82B1-BB37468D379C (resized).jpegEF8B19DE-FA77-4CCF-82B1-BB37468D379C (resized).jpeg

I’m not sure if the part number changed. Here’s the sales order.

3 weeks later
#6994 2 years ago

Another great mod for AIQ from @tdiddy. I just installed the Black Panther mod at the back right of the play field. This goes nicely with the Chrysler building in the back, the Pym lab up front and the left blue guide on the Captain Marvel ramp.

I also showed a photo with my Pinball Universe protectors in place to ensure that the side art is not messed up with the mods or when lifting the play field.

Michael

1BD79DE3-5268-4624-803F-BB58D48D0017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg1BD79DE3-5268-4624-803F-BB58D48D0017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6A1605DD-1AC6-435B-8E16-4E605B3EA9B6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6A1605DD-1AC6-435B-8E16-4E605B3EA9B6_1_105_c (resized).jpegFB5230AD-A894-45F3-9EA1-426557FC9C09_1_105_c (resized).jpegFB5230AD-A894-45F3-9EA1-426557FC9C09_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've never had that issue. With both mechs, the issue for me is with the last finger in the subway not always raising all the way, which puts the 2nd ball lock out of the view of the sensor... So it doesn't know the ball is there, thinks it's in the playfield, and goes into a ball search, thus releasing both balls from the subway.

I posted pictures showing that the last finger in the subway is not raising because it is getting stuck between the long rod on the bottom connecting to all the fingers and the side of the mechanism. The updated subway walk mechanism works great for me. It has welds that are not as thick and it appears harder for the finger to get wedged between the side and the rod. You can search on my user name and find the post from a month or two ago.

Someone also made a 3D "fix" and provided the file that goes beneath the coil and gently pushes the rod over so that it cannot get out of position and allow the finger to get jammed between the rod and side.

3 weeks later
#7449 2 years ago

My back ordered topper arrived yesterday. Now the game does not feel so naked next to the others. The shooter rod is still back ordered and waiting for the Pinnovators sub-woofer board to finish the mods.

I still can't get over 250 million with 5 balls. But the game is enjoyable and I keep coming back.

I own all the Marvel pins except Iron Man. The collector part of me feels like I "need" to complete the collection. But I am not sure I want another fan layout. I have seen some nice regular and vault versions for sale recently in the past.

IMG_0946 (resized).jpegIMG_0946 (resized).jpegIMG_0951 (resized).jpegIMG_0951 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8131 2 years ago

My game probably doesn’t need anything else. But a friend gave me these three figurines. I can’t find a place for hulk or Captain America. Thor could fit in a shown. How does it look?

68AE2197-97E4-4E03-9F87-A520C0EC1A1B (resized).jpeg68AE2197-97E4-4E03-9F87-A520C0EC1A1B (resized).jpeg82721AA7-ADE1-499D-950A-F7210E7E28D1 (resized).jpeg82721AA7-ADE1-499D-950A-F7210E7E28D1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,924 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=mbelofsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.