04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So excited to be in the club!!!
[quoted image]

You look like you just received a light tap on the temple from Mjölner. Only the worthy could withstand such a blow!

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ditto...

...And ditto again. Got mine today (born on date 10/6) and played a bit tonight. Noticed my skill shot and Hawkeye shots weren’t registering. Switch diagnostics menu showed a square lit around the inner loop opto switch when there shouldn’t be one (next to the right ramp exit opto in the pic).
I took off a wireform to take pics. The receiver under the plastic next to the gauntlet ramp doesn’t have a red light on. The emitter does show light coming from it though. The same part for the gauntlet ramp exit does have a red light on. So it looks like the receiver isn’t working for some reason.
Bummer, but in looking at the way it’s wired under the playfield my fingers are crossed that it’s just a plug and play solution. It looks like they have connectors so maybe no soldering required.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Somebody can correct me if I’m getting this wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s how Optos work. There is an Emitter, and a Receiver.

Your Emitter shoots a beam of light to the receiver which is dark. When the beam is interrupted the switch registers.

I think your screen is showing the switch registering?

If you put the machine in switch test and simply pass your finger or a ball between the optos, does it make an audible sound and display Switch 58?

Hope this helps.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Switch number is 59 I think. Thanks but yeah I checked all that, including covering it with my finger and slowly rolling a ball past it. In the picture I posted of the switch test the right ramp exit switch is also on the same screen. So the inner loop switch should show up on that diagnostic screen the same way as the right ramp exit switch but instead it's showing different it's not receiving a beam.
The main issue seems to be indicated by the red led on the opto receiver board not being lit like it is for the identical parts on other optos in the game, such as the gauntlet ramp exit opto. You're correct that there isn't a beam shooting out of the receiver, but on the board itself is a small red led. That led being out seems to signal the receiver board isn't working for some reason.
I checked under the playfield also. They have really nice tags on the wiring now that show which connectors are for the inner loop optos. I pushed on the connectors and wiggled the wires a bit and still no led on the receiver board. This morning I pushed on and wiggled CN12 on node board 9 where the optos connect and still nothing.

It could just be slightly misaligned? There is no lit LED on my receiver either. Only the Emitter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.