IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4353 3 years ago

$3 Avengers sticker book side art option if you don't want the cost or hassle of installing blades.

20210116_155837 (resized).jpg20210116_155837 (resized).jpg20210116_155845 (resized).jpg20210116_155845 (resized).jpg
#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Are you on some kind of drugs?

Yes the good kind lol.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Would you say it is a hard game? Possible to complete it in 3 balls?

Can't complete it until wizard mode is programmed. If you consider collecting all trophy's also as completing it then it will be hard for most.

2 weeks later
#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I finally make it to Battle Thanos.
I sucked at gems, but enough extra balls to assemble 4 times.
I actually won again Thanos, but no idea how. I remember one halfs of the shots were blue, the other red, and i did as many as possible.
That's it?

You just have to hit enough shots to take his life meter down to zero. I believe Trophy Mania is the true wizard mode if your looking for something else to achieve.

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.
Here are some things that are really killing it for me:
- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
- Nudging seems almost futile for side drains
- 60-70% of shots to the Cast. Marvel ramp reject
I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)
Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?
I want to like this game, so hopefully I can find a way to make it play better.
Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.
Thanks!

I have a pro so don't have the CM ramp rejects or issues but this is the hardest out of the three games Elwin has made. I have one great game maybe out of ten played but the rest are battling the side drains and trying not to tilt. I don't find it as ass kicking as TMNT which I just sold but hard enough, still love the layout and Elwin is my favorite designer and crushing it.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

FINALLY got the game playing reasonably fair, with the exception of the CM ramp. Still nothing but rejections. I'm going to try that ramp mod to see if it improves things.
I also just had my first good game in over a month. I collected all gems, played (and failed) Thanos Attack, BO MB, and Battle Royale.
Would all of this have qualified Battle Thanos? Unfortunately once Royale ended, I flailed around and lost the ball before I could see what was coming next. I feel like there was something going on with the audio that made it sound like something cool was coming, but again, I was focused on the ball that I couldn't get under control.
Also, what is the purpose of placing (or replacing) gems? Do they help you complete Avengers quicker, because I'm always struggling to get Thor as I try to qualify BO MB and BR.

Need to collect avengers a third time for Thanos battle.

1 week later
#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Yeah I think the game is tons of fun, challenging, and complex.....but it's not deep. Start a mode, win it or lose it, move on to the next mode. The modes aren't very different from one another.
Soul Gem is unique, sure. The Black Order multiball breaks things up a bit. But don't confuse rule complexity and the tons of paths to the finish as depth.

Are you sure you are playing AIQ? The modes are totally different from each other and would like to know what your definition of a deep game is. I don't think Elwin is capable of not making a deep game and many buy his games just for this reason.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

time gem quest complete. collect gem lit on right ramp. i hit the shot at least a dozen times but the post never went up and gem never collected. is there something else i was supposed to do? when i was hitting the shot the white combo arrow lit on the right ramp so i think the opto is ok, plus opto works fine in test mode. is there some other shot that needs to be hit to collect the gem?

Maybe collect gem was lit because you hit the change gem at Antman with the mode still active.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Regarding the plunger issues. I definitely can say that it gets worse during gameplay.
At the start its at 20/20 and after 1 hour its like 4/20. Very frustrating in soul gem mode.
I dont know what is wrong with this game or with the coils but everything feels not responsive and tight... its like playing with wet fries. Did Stern changed something on their coils after JP?
Another cooling kit for the auto plunger? No thanks. What else i have to do to dial this game in? CM-Ramp fix, constant PF cleaning, cooling kit, plunger re-aligning and shooter lane lego hack. I geuss I have to take more slowmo shots of the autoplunger.

Do you have any mylar or protectors in your shooter lane? I put piece of mylar down on mine and had to remove it because ball would not make it all the way around.

2 weeks later
#5924 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I've been tasked with finding a pinball for my wife's aunt for her basement.
I haven't been able to play AIQ and I'm sure it might be a little biased in here but would this be a good game for kids ages 7-15? Not just boys.
And is the Premium a must?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Theme is perfect for that age group and plenty of focus on Captain Marvel and Black Widow representing girl power. The gameplay is advanced and has a lot going on but younger players can just focus on collecting Avengers or gems. I have a pro and don't think I'm missing much but if you ask a premium/LE owner you'll probably get a different story.

#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm trying to decide between a Pro and a Premium, I've watched lots of video of both versions but haven't played a Pro and only 5-10 games on a Premium early on. Maybe actual owners can help sway me one way or the other.
Pro owners: How do you feel about the missing Premium features? The Captain Marvel ramp looks awesome but do you really miss it when playing a Pro? Also, I like the Portal Locks and Gem Quest start at the lifting Disc, are there any downsides to starting Gem Quests at the right ramp?
Premium owners: What are your thoughts on the Premium features? Are you underwhelmed by any of them?

I went pro because ball lock and look of glove didn't impress me. The ramp and raising disc are cool features but didn't want to spend extra dough on just liking half of the upgrades and possibly having issues with some of them out of the box. If you can find a HUO premium with any issues dialed in already then go that route, otherwise a pro right out of the box is a great option also.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I have my game’s incline at 6.5, but when I put the tilt bob in the game immediately tilts. The hanger is not curved or anything but it definitely has a pretty severe deviation from vertical. Any ideas on how to fix?

You should be able to adjust the tilt bob ring by loosening the mounting screws on the cabinet. Also check if game is level from side to side.

1 month later
#6815 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Ah, maybe I'm thinking shot #6 which would be the targets?

Right orbit
Left Ramp
Right Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain Marvel
Tower

#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except that was wrong...
Its actually,
Right orbit
Left Ramp
Guantlet Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain Marvel
Tower

Yeah I meant Captain Marvel, too many Captains dammit!!!

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I consider myself an average or better player. I dont find AIQ difficult at all actually. Very easy to play forever if you arent try to progress anything specific as there is almost always a safe shot available
Its not the difficulty of the gameplay but the feeling of punishment in the code as mentioned.
Settings arent going to change the feeling that a lost gem is a big deal where winning one is just...ok.
Win 3? Good for you.....now defend them again.
(Just an after thought here but what if the lockdown bar gave you an option when Thanos Attacks? Choose batttle and it is like normal but if you win, Thanos is half as strong in Wizard mode. Choose Flee through the Portal and escape his attack. Maybe even make it harder (more spins) to start the next gem quest because Dr. Strange has exhausted his powers)

If your an above average player you should welcome the punishment if you fail. Don't want to risk loosing a ball and gem in Thanos attacks then let him take any gem but the soul gem while trapped up and then just go get it back. I don't think there will be any rule changes just so you can go from liking to loving the game, Elwin wanted it this way for a reason. You say winning a gem is just ok but the payoff is at the end when you defeat Thanos immediately and collect a billion for having all the gems.

#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

That said, should I be adding a JP to the collection??

Hell yes!!! All Elwin's pins are home runs so far IMO.

1 month later
#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Has anyone ever had a bug where mind Gem wouldn't end? I was just in mind gem and down to one ball, all shots hit and just the disc to spin, I hit it plenty of times and it was registering but it wouldn't move to the next stage ( if there was another stage ) and it wouldn't end. When I eventually lost the ball I also lost the Gem as normal.

You have to hit the sanctum target to finish mind gem.

#7167 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Good day all. I'm considering joining this club as a home use owner. So the depth of the code intrigues me as I like deep games. I have a LZ Pro. I like it alot - but for some reason I'm being drawn to this after watching many videos of the game play. and NO I have not played it yet-planning on going on location in STL this coming Friday.
Anyone out there have time to give me the comparison in their opinion? I would love some honest feedback vs LZ, pro/prem, etc.

LZ- faster more flowy game, not as deep or complex, easier than AIQ, fun to shoot for combos and jam to LZ music.

AIQ- slower with still plenty of flow, unique shots and modes, harder than LZ, deep and complex.

1 month later
#7551 2 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Love this game!! Anyone working on pinball browser for videos and music? Thanks

I can see people not liking the callouts/voice actors for this game but find nothing wrong with the music or video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.