04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#971 3 years ago

Got my game yesterday and started working on a few mods, including lighting Thanos' eyes tied into the gauntlet spotlight, adding some blue light to the back left, which was pretty dark, and adding a green trough light.
More to come...

PXL_20201008_134901123 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_134901123 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140934948 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140934948 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140940327 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140940327 (resized).jpg
#973 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This completely washes out Cap's shield and the surrounding red/yellow explosion. Horrible color clash. But I guess there's an ass for every seat.

That’s the effect from the camera, it’s not washed out in person. But I get it, you don’t like it. White may be a better color.

Here's white, before and after.

IMG_20201008_132910 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_132910 (resized).jpg
#976 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

People pay 40-60 bucks for that shit!

no, more like $16 shipped in US

Quoted from J85M:

100x better man, makes the shield pop nicely. But why light the trough? I’ve always wondered that as I kinda think once I’ve lost my ball I don’t need it lit up to watch it drain, or does it actually project a decent amount of light up the playfield?

yes, it does provide more light up the playfield, but it's more intended as accent lighting, not to flood the playfield.

#1074 3 years ago

Couldn’t understand why my right ramp shots weren’t registering. Optos worked in test mode, but in game play didn’t seem to register. Sure enough, the opto connectors were reversed under the playfield. Stern connectEd the left ramp to the right ramp and right to left.

#1148 3 years ago

Added a couple of mods this morning.

Rgb scoop light interactive with the the subway lights...

And a spinner for the Dr. Strange Portal...

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice...much better than just a solid color!

I like that idea! Got to be dead centered over the disc though, Dr. Strange as he does his hands mumbojumbo conjuring those discs: they don't wobble on their axis. Do wonder if it will lower the number of spins of the disc.....

It is centered, just hard to see. It’s very lightweight, 3D printed disc, so it should not affect the number of spins.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My son watches the disney cartoon that this game is based on. Black Widow flies around on a "Sky Cycle" flying motor cycle.
The Quinn jet isnt bad but I think something more obviously Black Widow would work better.

Feel free to make something you like...

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I definitely recommend powering any mods separately and not leeching off the pin's power.

Why? There’s plenty of power available if you know what you are doing and don’t go crazy. I’ve never ever had a power issue with a spike game, or any game really.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Spike is extremely fussy with voltage. You may be just a hair low on this machine and adding pinstadium pushed it over (or the pinstadium strip itself may have a problem causing too much voltage draw). Check the output of the power supply to make sure it's putting out a solid 48v to the power distribution board. If it's not, there's a pot that can adjust the output.

Haven’t experienced this. What have you tried to power and had an issue?

I’m not sure about pinstadium, but I thought they power them externally? Might be wrong on that. If they do draw power from the game, that’s adding like 60-100 leds, and that could cause issues. I do believe they do a lot of backstabbing and alligator clips. If not done securely, that can cause an issue.

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Because all spike machines have properly calculated power budgets. Leeching power from the pin can push them over that budget. These aren't the machines of old where you could just tap into power willy-nilly.
I can understand why you'd not like my statement though, given your business.

Has nothing to do with my business. We are careful to not overload the system. You have 2a from the backbox, that's plenty to run several small mods. many people make it sound like you'll blow up your machine. I'd be more worried about improper install than a power issue. Ps is a good example. I saw a guy post on a Wonka install, backstabbing connectors, loose hanging alligator clips, etc.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...definitely w wolfmarsh and vireland on this one. A couple of blinky, 3D toys is one thing, but I've seen power sag and game resets on many games from underglow or any LED strings of substance. ColorDMD pulls it's share too. CFTBL was notoriously "on the edge" as was TZ and others.
Seperate power for the mods = happy game....

I Think maybe we need a separate thread on this. It’s an interesting issue for sure. Let’s keep it to AIQ here. Sorry for the diversion.

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Learn the mode rules first - how to finish each mode, as this is critical to winning the gems. The rules for each mode are distinct but spelled out well in the PDF.
Next is learning what each gem does when placed at each shot - this makes scoring higher or rules easier for the shot. You'll learn to use the gems to make parts of the game easier for you.
Go over the IM and Thor multiball rules so you understand each phase and how to maximize scoring.
At that point you'll know most of the game; the challenge is putting everything together for big scores. This is where the game shines.. having that Megaman aspect of deciding which gems you want to get first to help with later modes, which modes to use portal locks with, when to bring in your thor and IM MBs, etc.

Honestly, I’d like more visual clues on the screen or audio call outs of what to Hit. It will take a long time to learn what to hit, how to finish, place gems, etc. I haven’t read the rules yet, but will, just wish things were clues to point you in the right direction. For example, for ebony maw, first shot is to the spinner, but that’s not entirely obvious. I only learned it from Jack dangers video. Seems like more and more these days, games are very complex. Not complaining as I like deep and complex games, just want more clues on what to hit.

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So am I the first to notice or didn't catch the post:
Updated to .92 fine...always watch out of curiousity (and fear) for anything odd that may appear after update. To my surprise (just saw it tonight) when the game boots up it displays "Avengers Infinity Quest LE #374". Has this always been the case on newer games (my last NIB was MunstersLE)? It "knows " my machine #? The game is actually # 375 on the plaque, etc.
I'm not drinking...yet....but I've never seen this before. Guess I'll go through the menu as maybe you can change it, but what a wild thing it's so close!!!

I knew my game was special...

66415BF7-271E-4E9D-B0A2-191C9249B692 (resized).jpeg66415BF7-271E-4E9D-B0A2-191C9249B692 (resized).jpeg
#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Is shaker coded into the game yet? Have one sitting here but havent installed it yet

Yes, but it's not very active.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

not very active?
What game are you playing?
Load the new code if you haven't already.
I am very happy with the shaker effects so far.
Interested to hear other opinions though.

install immediately

Quoted from J85M:

Maybe check yours is wired up? Even on 0.91 my game was shaking on tower shots, gems, jackpots, Thor, spotting iron shaker is great in this game.

It was set to minimal, changed to maximum and now I feel it a bit more.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LEs come with black from factory
You’ll have to grab some yellow and replace it yourself, which is super easy but it looks 100x better.[quoted image]

I was thinking chrome T-molding might look good on the LE.

#2163 3 years ago

Replaced the black T-molding with chrome...I like it much better.

PXL_20201028_192559269 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_192559269 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_194824938 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_194824938 (resized).jpg
#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I’m out too. Paid in full September 2nd for a premium. Hearing about balls getting stuck on playfield ( watched Gary Stern talk about this on his pro with Jack Danger with no solution at the present) optos inop, Subway issues (my biggest concern), I changed my order to a JJP Wonka LE. My distributor had 1 Wonka LE (only title out that my wife really liked) left so just transferred the order, yay!
I may get Avengers next year if/when all the issues are worked out. Worked out great buying a JP premium late in production so who knows.

That’s too bad, my LE has been pretty much perfect. Only issue I had was a couple of opto plugs reversed. No stuck balls, no subway issues, fun game.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

@LE/Premium owners: Do you have an handle behind you backboard, as illustrated in the operation manual?
[quoted image]

Nope, I do not.

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

is anyone having a issue with the captain marvel ramp opto not registering?

Does it register in test mode? If so, is it the correct opto registering? Check the connectors underneath and make sure they are plugged in and make sure the right ones are connected to each other. I had an opto plugged into the wrong connector.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So I took a hard look at the subway today and frankly the mech is much less complicated than I had expected. I believe I now understand why the balls get stuck at the end, or pass the first “finger”. Basically the mech tolerance is too loose. They used a very strong spring on the solenoid, which I assume is to ensure there is a lot of speed when the fingers return to their stationary position. The problem is that the spring is so strong it actually “warps” the mech allowing the alternate fingers to slip through the crack and get pinched.
I took a video of the amount of play that the spring creates:
As a temporary fix, I rotated the white plastic lever to the other side hoping that the little bit of bend that it had would work in my favor the other way. Sure enough it did and I haven’t had a failure since.
That said, this is a temporary fix I imagine. As soon as the plastic warps the other way I’ll be back to having too much play in the mech. They didn’t leave enough room for more washers or anything, so I’m not completely sure how I could fix it permanently. I almost feel like it needs a fence to keep it pressured in place.

Could you please show a pic of what you rotated? I’ve had a few balls stuck at the end of the subway before it goes into the scoop. I also had two balls stuck on the same finger, which resulted in a long ball search. Do you mean you took the white piece held on with e-clips off and just flipped it 180 degrees?

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I received a message on the subway today from Stern saying that “engineering is working on it”. I don’t have any further details, but it sounds like they cannot just send me a replacement until they figure it out.

What’s the issue with your subway? I am having an issue where the ball is getting stuck right before it drops into the scoop and two balls getting stuck on the same finger, occasionally. I am being sent a new wall lock assembly. The part I’m being sent doesn’t match what’s in the manual so I’m assuming it’s been updated.

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Just the connectors right? Not at the node board?

Does your game register other shots up the gauntlet when it’s supposed to? Put the game in switch test mode and activate the opto on the gauntlet ramp. Does the screen match the opto? Mine didn’t because the connectors were plugged in incorrectly. They are all labeled underneath (I.e., center, left, right)

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So........
The game is working fantastic out of the box. No little issues that I've seen others posting...... Yet.
*Deep sigh*
The stupid issue I have right now is my ramp optos are plugged into the wrong places....
I got into soul gem, and hit the black widow ramp literally 9 times in a row without advancing. It was weird though, as it was giving me points and "working"
Open the game up, Did a switch test.
Fat ramp is reading left ramp, black widow is right ramp, etc. Etc.
I mean, it's a stupid bad silly error, but why is this not caught during the final testing that stern says they do on every game?
I know people rag in their quality inspection, but this is really a silly miss.
I am going to swap the connectors around and figure it out, and relative to what I'm reading it's not a big deal, just silly.

You are at least the third person it’s happened to, including me. Minor issue, agree it should be caught. There are a lot of opto plugs under the pf, but interesting how it’s the same opto being plugged in incorrectly. Maybe they are labeled incorrectly..

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Thank you! I have forwarded this picture to my distributor to get a replacement Subway mech for my AIQ Prem.
Its been 2 weeks since my original request email and I have heard nothing. I will keep the group updated on my progress.

I got my new wall lock assembly and haven’t had any issues with the ball getting stuck. The finger at the end goes down more, think it might have been catching the ball with the original mech. Mine showed up in a few days, great service from cointaker. I emailed stern and they said to work through the distro.

#2781 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So I got my premium, but it looks like the upper left opto isn't working. The one that gets hit when you have a strong right orbit shot. Right behind the avengers tower.
Any advice?

Check your connectors. does it register in test mode? Likely a loose opto

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought someone had posted a pic of a new mech with a groove in the subway now? My factory original hasn’t broke yet (only matter of time) but there’s no groove like the one I saw posted.

That's a different part. The new mechanism looks identical to the replacement, but whatever did change, now works as I have no balls getting stuck going into the scoop. Here's a pic of my old one I need to send back to Stern.

PXL_20201115_161520434.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20201115_161520434.NIGHT (resized).jpg

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I just loosened the nuts for the captive ball, they where wrenched down by he-man! And put the washer under ant-man as that guide takes a pounding, at least it does when it’s the one shot I need or want to make
Stupid thing about all this, is stern just need to put washers under these guides as they build the games on the line and they would probably get like 90% less pooling issues from customers

i just took a closer look at my game and saw just a tiny sliver of clear bubbling up at the ant man guide. Took it out and put a washer underneath. My thor guide looks fine, but while i was at it, I also put a washer under the front mount of the right thor guide. I'll never have an issue now. I don't know why they don't do this at the factory. I'll be keeping an eye on the other guides.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So I'm going to take this Ant-Man guide off over the weekend if I get some time, and while I'm in there, I'm going to look to protect the edges of that scoop. I'm sure if you look at your game, you'll see there is some wear starting on the exposed edges of the wood, as is to be expected.
Was thinking to maybe just go with simple mylar, or perhaps get in touch with Cliffy and get him to whip something up like I did with the lock hole on my AFM.
Before I get the guide up, want to know if this is the right set to buy with the heating tool:
amazon.com link »
It's tough to tell from the photos, but the promo video does show the tool in it.
Also, what washers should I use when I get it up? Metal, vinyl, fabric?

That is the correct one. Use an 8-32 washer. I put a metal washer under the ant man guide and the right Thor guide and the guide is now comfortably off the pf.

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/replicas/products/marvel-legends-series-thor-mjolnir-electronic-hammer/10149372.html?condition=New
Hi fellas,
Thor’s hammer is on sale this week
Grab one if ya like for the top of your machines. Nudging should activate it also based on the motion settings i saw in a review. Comes with a small stand but im sure we can figure out safe mounting without damage..

Looks cool, I ordered one. Going to see if I can maybe wire it into the game for activation. If I can, I’ll share how to do it.

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Hi all
I'm happy to be part of the AIQ owners!
Quick question:
90% of the balls will drain to the right lane, most of the time in a random way (slingshot etc.) and making the multiballs very short lasting.
Am I the only one experiencing this?
Any tips to better balance the gameplay?
The game is not leaning and it's exactly like it was out of the box, at 6% (not enough?) and outside posts on the lowest position.
To be clear, I'm ok with a game being fast / brutal, but it does not feel right to have the right drain so predominant.

The outlanes are very tough on this game, the slings are too sensitive in my view, and should be adjusted.

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes. Premium version. But my computer crapped out last week so I bought a new one. This is what the file looks like when downloaded. Now what do I do with it. It doesn’t look like the tutorials. Do I just drag and drop this onto memory stick? There is no option to extract it with this new computer and I forget how my old computer handles the download. Why can’t Stern make these updates easy. There are way too many threads talking about Stern update problems. Damn you Stern.
Edit: the tutorials say to open it with internet explorer and it then shows 3 files. ,y computer doesn’t show 3 files.
[quoted image]

Your file looks incorrect, it should have a .spk at the end. Did you download correct version?

D2E28C37-130E-46C7-B080-0089A49E55C1 (resized).jpegD2E28C37-130E-46C7-B080-0089A49E55C1 (resized).jpeg

#3213 3 years ago

Can someone please explain the strategy of placing and moving gems, or point to a good stream. I can’t easily figure it out and the rule sheet is pretty vague.

1D828BBF-4E25-42DB-8A1B-F308FA0C3A0E (resized).jpeg1D828BBF-4E25-42DB-8A1B-F308FA0C3A0E (resized).jpeg
#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Not sure I could explain EVERYTHING, but here are some strategies and tactics I have found so far....
If you are having trouble with the soul gem mode, try getting the mind gem and placing it on a level1 avenger. This will give you 3 hits of the centre button to clear 3 shots (eg, targets, and CM, plus one other shot you might be flailing at!).
Some gems work well if you put them on the targets (reality, power) and this can help in other modes (time gem, where you need to hit a specific drop 3 times to complete).
The earlier you can get the soul gem the better....those soul gem jps are juicy! The problem is that all avengers are powered down after soul gem. My next strategy that I want to achieve is: power gem on leveled up avenger, then get soul gem, then change gems (which lights upon avengers assemble) to put the soul gem gem on the level2 avenger before collecting the next gem, then nailing that shot for 150% of the last mode’s score. Whew that sounded complicated writing it out, but still easier than actually doing it!
I tend to leave the space gem for last because it’s the least helpful to me at this point....but this might change as I play and learn the game.
Try to always bring in Thor and Iron Man MB into a gem mode. I try to level up avengers at first, but as soon as I hit Thor twice I want to start a gem mode else risking starting Thor mb on its own. In the same vein, don’t go for the super skill shot if making it gets you the third IM ball lock (doh!).
I try the secret skill shot at first (for the portal lock) and the super later (for the mystery award, which is more valuable later on).
I no longer get sucked in by the gamma ray sound....I’ll try an easy shot to the spinner if it’s there but otherwise let it just whine.
I’m still wondering why Thor doesn’t appear in the premium translite....maybe he needs a better agent?

Thanks, this is helpful. I’ve scored fairly well with a high of 570 mil, but didn’t entirely know what I was doing. The complicated nature of the code reminds me a bit like star wars, moving multipliers around, which I didn’t like, but this game is much more approachable...hit strange spinner, start a mode, hit lit/flashing shots, etc. the moving and placing of the gems I need to work on. I do wish there were more call outs and/or info on the screen of what to hit, either that or I just need to pay more attention to the info that is there.

1 week later
#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

Having some issues with my subway every now and then. Sometimes starting a mode doesn’t release the locked ball. It stays there until ball search. Sometimes I can trap up and nudge it to enter the vuk.
Anyway, I opened it up to take a look. Noticed that the finger closest to the vuk is very inconsistent. Both up and down.
I took pictures when it’s only half way up. And you can see on the pic from below why. The whole mechanism is kinda loose fit. So the finger gets stuck between the mech that is supposed to push it up.
Anyone else with this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar issue. Emailed stern and they sent me a new wall lock assembly. Seems to have corrected the issue.

#3426 3 years ago

Someone posted theirs earlier, got mine today. Sound activated Thor topper. Got it from GameStop for $80.

PXL_20201204_162044253 (resized).jpgPXL_20201204_162044253 (resized).jpg
#3483 3 years ago

Our latest mod, custom designed illuminated Black Panther. Interactive with the GI lighting, overhangs the wire form so the ball passes just under him. Available on our website and in our pinside shop.

2381AF72-650D-43DB-8BE9-5F499812F2BE (resized).jpeg2381AF72-650D-43DB-8BE9-5F499812F2BE (resized).jpeg5E7664AE-F748-45A9-9E61-FE3B6A19250E (resized).jpeg5E7664AE-F748-45A9-9E61-FE3B6A19250E (resized).jpeg

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everybody,
Just in the club since Thursday with an Avengers Premium from October
So fun game !!!
Got three issues at the begining :
The right ramp was above the right slingshot so the ball doesnt get out of the ramp !!
One led is missing neare the right flipper ....
An other problem , when the ball goes into the antman hole, sometimes she goes into the tunnel and get stop inside !!! I have to nudge the pinball to get it out and getting back in the antman hole (vuk). How can i solve this problem ?
I made a video of this. " https://photos.app.goo.gl/XM56ftHZuw15gFkZ6 "
Thanks for help
(I install the shaker, definitevely a blast with the thor multiball)

Post a pic of your first and second questions. On your third question, you can change your level so game is slightly tilted to the right, but it sounds like you need sterns updated part for the subway.

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody have this happen. The washer and nut flew off Dr Strange
Think the metal post inside of the target post must have just dropped into the portal lock?
The rubber post was still in perfect alignment with the hole but no screw down that goes inside of it!
[quoted image]

there is a small phillips head screw that holds the post in place from underneath the spinner disc. It obviously must have come loose. Should be an easy fix assuming you can find the screw.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I don’t know if there’s a formal list anywhere, but I’ll borrow a quote from wolfmarsh: “play the sh!t out of it”
Seriously, here are some things I did (not necessarily in this order, but hindsight is 20/20):
Replaced the stock balls with some from ball baron (cleaning then first of course)
Checked the playfield for defects
Checked the connectors in the upper boards
Booted it up
Ran the various tests via the system menu (switch, lights, etc...)
Turned down the ball ejector strength from 255 to low enough to just get the ball out of the trough into the shooter lane
Check the dr. Strange spinner for level and adjusted it
Played the sh!t out of it
You may want to update the code to .94 but I would play first then update to make sure all mechanicals are good before upgrading.
I’m sure others will have a better list/ideas.
Not an expert on Mylar, but they already have a number of Mylar inserts placed all over. You should be fine to play for a while in any case.

I would add to put washers under the ant man and Thor ball guides to get them off the playfield.

#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Not heard anything back officially about any of my issues (UK)
I've had a look through the thread and index, but for subway problems, is the only solution to get new mech/plastic moulding from Stern? Sometimes the balls don't make it through (though it's a lot better since 0.94) but they still often get stuck when dropping down the Antman VUK - they lodge at the end of the subway, having entered from the wrong side.
I also have problems where the ball gets stuck in the pop bumpers between bumper and ramp - is the only solution to fit the plastic cones to stop them - nothing official?
Shooter lane launches don't make it around correctly and sometimes lodge under the gauntlet - whilst the plastic cones may stop them lodging, it doesn't fix the issue that they are smashing into the plastics because they don't exit the shooter lane correctly, which also messes up skill shots if it happens on manual plunge - is there anything official to do for that? Slowmo video shows that the ball is heading left before exiting the shooter lane and I cannot figure out why as it happens on both a manual and auto plunge.

On the subway fix, I received the updated part from stern two days ago and it corrects the issue. Sorry, I didn't take a pic of the new part before I put it in, should have. But, the picture below shows the old part, the red line I have drawn is completely cut out on the new part, which helps the ball fall into the scoop. I suppose you could try to make the same cut on your existing part and then file it down to smooth it out.

Replacement took about 30 mins, about 6 or 7 connectors to remove and three parts to take off, not too bad at all.

PXL_20201217_155141138 (resized).jpgPXL_20201217_155141138 (resized).jpg
#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So after a long wait for my AIQ prem. ( build date Dec. 8 ) I have a problem right out of the box . After a few games when the ball goes into the portal lock and into the subway it stops at the first lock ( Stern might call it lock 3 ) . The ball sets there untill the game does a ball search - ball gets released and down the subway then kicked out of the VUK . Also now at game start up the Subway lock coil fires 21 times then when I check Tech. report I get - Subway Lock Device Malfunction . Already checked connectors would like to test the opto's but they are hidden deep in the subway . Will make a call to Tech. support ? Looks like a fun game ! Ha !

you say you checked connectors, but did you check that connectors are plugged into each other correctly. For example, is opto 1 plug connected to opto 1 receiver? Even if they are labeled opto 1 to opto 1, make sure the correct plugs are connected by tracing the wires to the optos.. My game had two plugs mixed up. there are so many opto plugs, not hard to see how they could be connected incorrectly.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

By cut out, do you mean that there's still the same gap all the way, or just that the two sides are split (eg can I just cut through, or do I need to cut out the whole channel).

you just need to dremel out the red line in my pic and then smooth it out.

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

Thor ball guide.

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks Ler ill get on it today! Only played 2 games on it late last night so im sure no damage yet. It sucks that Stern doesnt fix these known spots in the factory but at least team Pinside is here to save the day, lol! Just grabbed Stern art blades, shaker, and purple superbands from Marco.

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I did the Thor ball guide. It has a super sharp edge that if not done i could see cutting in within 100 plays easily, thanks again! The Marvel ramp right guide i can slide a business card under so i think im good there.

You inspired me to work on my marvel ball guide. Taking the ramp off isn't necessary and you don't need to add a washer. Basically, stern tightens the nuts underneath the playfield way too much, pulling the ball guide into the playfield. They really need to quit doing that, giving line workers a spacer to use when tightening the guides down,.or just installing a washer.

Anyway, the marvel ramp guide adjustment isn't bad. Remove the three most upper nuts and washers holding the ramp down. See pic. This allows for some flexibility.

Next, from underneath the playfield, remove the two nuts holding the left and right ball guide down. See pic.

With a punch or something similar, give a couple of light taps to the screws. This will raise the ball guides. Reinstall the nuts but only tighten until you are happy with the gap of the ball guide.

Reinstall the nuts and washers for the ramps.

Hard to see, but I now have daylight between the playfield and ball guide. Prior to this adjustment, I couldn't even get a piece of paper under it. Luckily, I have no damage.

PXL_20201222_220422449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220422449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220559366~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220559366~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_221452639.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_221452639.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg

#3848 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also do the Thor orbit side ball guide. On my game it was even worse then the Ant-man guide. It was slightly dug into the playfield from the factory and has a really sharp edge on it. Do this at the same time as the Ant-man guide since you need to take off the wireforms for both guides. You will need to take off the Thor plastics. Also check the right side of your Marvel ramp guide for clearance. Mine was up off the playfield about the thickness of a business card but Lermods had to loosen his and give it alittle tap up to make his not be touching the playfield.

For antman, I didn't have to remove the wire forms. I just removed the nuts holding the wie forms down so I had enough flexibility to raise the ball guide above the playfield to get a washer under it. There is a fair amount to remove to get at it, but it's not difficult. Take pics

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does anyone know what might be going on with my portal ? Had the game for a week and never played one full game correctly 100% . I'll start and say I do not think it is a mech. problem . Start the game and play untill you open the portal - shoot the ball into the portal - ball walkes through the subway is kicked out - portal still up - shoot the ball in the portal - and you can keep doing that untill you get sick of it . I did notice if you get Thor or Iron man multiball going it does close , but when thats over it comes back up . Played a 2 player game - player 1 game ended with the portal up - When player 2 started - portal closed and played fine untill you opened the portal - same old shit all over . Ball 2 for player 1 - before you can shoot the ball portal is already open - same old shit again ! Is it the code messed up in only my game ??? I will pick up a USB stick today and up load my code . Thanks for looking T .

Sounds like your optos aren’t registering. First thing I’d check is to make sure the opto connectors are plugged into each other correctly. That is, opto 1 is plugged into opto 1, 2 into 2, etc. also, confirm your opto connectors are labeled correctly so that the opto labeled 1 really is opto 1. Stern messed up some of the opto connections on my game. Easy to do as there are a lot of opto connectors in the game.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is everyone’s Sanctum target plastic bent on a weird angle like this? Seems like it should be straight but can’t see how.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mezel sanctum is a huge improvement.

#4002 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That looks pretty cool. Does it have its own install bracket?
The tower mod looks pretty good also.

It installs over the same two screws that hold the stock one in.

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if that’s going to fix my problem though.

What’s broke on yours?

1 month later
#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Have any other LE/Premium owners tried the new code yet?
I'm seeing an issue where my spinning disc never lowers. This was not a problem prior to the code update. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Had this issue on first game where portal disc was in the up position. Went into diagnostic test and lowered it, started a new game and it’s now fine. I have an LE.

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Sorry to break topic on new code but I know many have adjusted the Thor where digging into playfield. Mine is started to pool and now chip slightly. Looks like one nut holding it. How do I adjust up if that is the fix?

Place a washer under the guide where the screw is, requires removal of the guide. Or, just loosen the nuts holding it on and tap it up a little to get it off the playfield and gently tighten the nuts. Search my posts, I wrote about it in this thread.

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Metal washer?

Yes, just don’t tighten it down too tight, you don’t want the washer digging in. Sorry to see you already have some damage. Check your pym guide too.

1 week later
#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This.
I have EHOH right next to AIQ, and I find EHOH boring. I play 10 games AIQ to 1 game EHOH. But EHOH is ranked in the top 10 and AIQ isn’t.
I think most people value emotive theme integration over layout and good rule sets.
Edit: just noticed EHOH is 8 and AIQ is 10. Tbh, anything top 10 is an impressive score. Personally I’d have AIQ a bit higher, but all top 10 games are candidates for no.1 depending on your preferences.

Ehoh has great theme integration, is very easy to understand and has that bw charm. Aiq has none of that so anyone who just walks up to one and tries to play a few games probably won’t like it and certainly won’t understand the rules. Doesn’t help the call outs and animations are just plain bad. Casual players will generally prefer Ehoh over aiq.

I’ve had aiq for a while now and still don’t understand all the rules and placement of the gems. However, it shoots well, I like the complexity and I like finding new things on it. So in categories like game play, last ability and rules set, it shines, but in other categories it fall short. Surprised it ranks in the top 10 because I don’t see how call outs, sound and animations could be rated very high.

1 month later
#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Deep well socket or wrench.

Yep, just put the cliffy on the other day. Deep socket does the trick.

3 weeks later
#6585 3 years ago

Got the Mezelmods tower as a birthday gift from my wife today, easy install. Looks great next to our quintet, love it! Both are tied into the tower flasher. Took like 5 mins to install, great fit.

#6600 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

I know there’s been issues with the subway, but I am experiencing a new issue. I’ve always had an issue with the ball getting hung up before the VUK that the new plastic subway didn’t fix. Now I’m finding an issue where You spin the disk to open the portal to start your gem quest. Immediately without shooting the ball into the portal, the gem quest automatically starts. Anyone experience this issue and found a fix?

Are your opto connectors connected in the proper sequence? Sounds like game thinks ball has progressed through the subway.

#6675 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I have a question, did I read that there is an option when starting the game you can go direct to the wizard mode? If so that appeals to me and the young grandkids that can have that kind of success from the get go. Thinking of buying after playing this week at PHOF.
I saw Bowin's you tube 49 minutes, and the complexity is overwhelming, and I wonder if I can get even one stone. Thanks.

Hold both flipper buttons in during attract mode and scroll through to the wizard mode.

#6688 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hopefully joining the club Monday, where I am expecting delivery of a NIB Premium. Can't wait to play it.
Is there a summary somewhere on things I need to be aware of or take care of? Or does anyone have any tips? I ordered it with a playfield protector, shooter lane protector, Convolux plastic protectors and invisiglass. All of it is installed by the distributor before delivery.

I’m not aware of a summary, but first things I’d check are the Thor and ant man ball guides to see if they are digging into the playfield. If they are, you need to raise them up with a washer underneath.

Also check to see if you have the updated subway parts. The new parts will have a groove cut out of the subway plastic going into the ant man scoop.

#6700 2 years ago
Quoted from Xninja:

Hey guys, I received my pin and love it, however it seems that the optos for the right ramp and center ramp were plugged in backwards and the center ramp registers the right ramp and right ramp registers the center ramp. Anyone know a simple fix for this so that I do not need to hack into the wire harness? I was hoping I could just swap plugs on the node board. The opto plugs will not reach so I cannot just swap them at the plug point.

I had the same issue, just unplugged them and reconnected properly. They are all next to each other.

#6725 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’m having an issue with the opto in the inner orbit. It seems to be working when I remove it, but something is blocking the sensors from connecting. I’ve tried adjusting the switch every way I can and occasionally they align and the light comes in but it’s always temporary. Eventually it becomes obscured again
Has anyone else had this issue? What was the adjustment/ fix.

May not be your issue, but Did you check to make sure the optos are plugged in correctly. Many reports of the wrong optos connected to the wrong plugs. Go into test mode and make sure left opto registers when left opto is hit, center for center, etc.

1 week later
#6845 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Doesn’t Mezelmods make the same thing?

#6916 2 years ago

Have an issue with my walking mechanism in the subway and a new one is on the way. I have to say, the game actually plays better without the mechanism and not sure why they chose to go that route. Without the mech, the ball enters the subway and immediately goes to the kickout and is sent back up into play. When you lock a ball, the game knows one has been locked and will spit it into the shooter lane when a MB starts. I wonder why they didn't do something simple like they did in the original avengers game, lord of the rings or even stranger things where the balls stack up and are released by a post that quickly drops down.

#6919 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there a way in the settings to disable the subway ball walk?

not sure, but taking the ball walk out is simple, three nuts and one connector.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I got my new walking mech today from stern, is there a difference that I'm just not seeing ? They kinda look the same

Should be a difference in the quality of the welds, that’s what breaks.

2 weeks later
#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Just joined the club. First pin ever owned, got it NIB. Super excited, having read through a bunch of threads here I purchased a bunch of mods. I've had a virtual pin for the past couple years that I built from scratch, but obviously a totally different ballgame (pun intended). Rented a black knight SOR a few months ago and knew I had to make the jump to a real one. Excited to get going, but also a bit hesitant as I've never modded before. Bought the Eye LED's, spinner mod, backboard lights, and trough lights from Lermods. Also got new blades and shaker motor. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew out of the gate! Thanks for all the great content and convo's here.

welcome to the club. Those are all very easy mods to install, spinner mod maybe a little more challenging as access is tight, but not technically hard at all. ask questions if you aren't sure.

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Glad I’m not the only one haha.
I’m trying to figure out while installing the shooter lane Cliffy, if these come out and go back on top of the cliffy, or if the cliffy just rests on them and is only secured at the post? I imagine these have to be lightly hammered out from underneath? Also you can see a bevel in the cliffy which makes me think they have to be removed and go back through the top of the cliffy so the bevel can rest inside the holes.

Yes, tap those out, drop in the cliffy and reinstall.

#7140 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

does it matter if you tap from top or bottom? Use a screwdriver or something?

Tap from the bottom. I use a metal punch and lightly tap them out with a rubber hammer. They come right out. It's harder to reinstall the front one, not much room to thread the nut on. Use a magnetic nut driver if you have one.

#7156 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

New Pinball owner here. I got my Avengers Premium 2 months ago and today in my first game after returning from a week vacation I am greeted with "OPERATOR ALERT! SUBWAY LOCK DEVICE MALFUNCTIONED". If I play, The ball only seems to progress down the subway when the Ball search happens and even then the timing is off and the pins pop up and sometimes push the ball back in the wrong direction. Anyone having issues like this? I have a call in to my distributer, but they won't be in until tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Did you check under the playfield to see if everything looks ok? Does everything work if you manually move the fingers with your hand?

#7158 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

Like I said, I am new to this...so I didn't want to go pushing and pulling the workings unless I knew what I was doing or at least looking for..

You’ll have to pull the glass and lift the playfield (remove balls first) to diagnose. Then you will have to move the coil mechanism to see if it’s broken, which is common. It’s very easy, you can’t break anything or make it worse. Do it with game off.

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

Repair person came out today. The middle sensor in the subway is not working so it’s basically stuck in ball find.

Figured it was something like that. Not sure if he checked, but it could be the optos are misaligned or plugged in incorrectly, seen both before.

1 week later
#7274 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just got most of my parts back from the powdercoat guy. A board on his powder rig fried with 3 parts to go. I finally got all of the metal for SW and BM66, so I dropped that off yesterday, and took what he had.
This is "Violet Sparkle" from Prismatic.

That’s a nice color! Now change your T molding to chrome!

3 months later
#8403 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Question: I had too many power consuming mods so that the table didnt work. I deactivated the quintjet and it worked. Now i installed the power consuming shooter rod and now the third flipper orbit opto doesnt work anymore obviously bc there isnt enough power anymore. I dont want to deactivate another mod thats why im asking is there any way to increase the power level?

you would have to buy an external power supply. I have never really heard of anyone drawing too much power from mods that the game didn't work so you must have a lot of mods installed. Most mods draw very little power. If it's our quinjet, it's pulling less than 0.2 amps and you should have at least 1.8a of power available.

https://www.amazon.com/MEAN-WELL-RT-65B-Supply-Triple/dp/B005T7FHCK/ref=sr_1_18

1 month later
#8814 2 years ago
Quoted from ctree5:

My year old pro has taken to pushing multiple balls into the shooter lane, and sometimes launching them without a button push or plunge. When the first ball drains, the flippers stop working, so I guess it still thinks there is just one ball in play. The extent of my expertise is the classic "turn it off and then on again" but no luck with that this time. Any advice?

Go into switch test mode and see if anything is active that shouldn’t. Is the game randomly awarding any points? This would indicate a flaky switch that needs adjustment. Also check your connectors to the trough board underneath the playfield. Unplug and plug them back in.

1 month later
#9097 2 years ago

I purchased the spinning disc mod and installed it over the weekend. It's a pretty nice addition, much more satisfying to hit the disk and watch it spin. Wish stern would add some cool sounds to it like they do for the EM spinner on LZ. Install was much easier than I thought it would be, took me 45 mins, but I went slow (and wasted time looking for tools I literally had just put down, but apparently misplaced). Two things to keep in mind when installing, clean the disc with alcohol and go slow on the decal to avoid bubbles (noted in the instructions), and you'll need a set of pliers to hold the metal threaded rod that adjusts the disc height to keep it from moving while tightening the white plastic nut. Definitely recommend it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey Lermods ! Did you buy both the mod kit “and” the Barring Carrier part also? Probably mentioned here already somewhere but wanted to ask. Thanks

i didn't buy the baring carrier.

11 months later
#11174 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Do you remember what the components of the mod are?

Hey there. Our thanos eye mod does not utilize other manufacturers products. We use connectors that match what stern uses for their flashers and customized leds to light the eyes. It is a plug and play mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.